Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 30, 2010 1:06 PM

Aug 2007
It hasn't even aired yet, and it has a 10/10.

"Early ratings: destroying the credibility of MAL's user-base, one show at a time."
Mar 31, 2010 3:40 PM
Feb 2007
If you care so much give it a 1 to balance it out...
Mar 31, 2010 3:50 PM

Aug 2007
I don't really care all that much, it does make me chuckle a little though.
Mar 31, 2010 11:20 PM

May 2009
brass2themax said:
I don't really care all that much, it does make me chuckle a little though.
If you don't care, then why did you make the topic?
Apr 2, 2010 8:40 PM

May 2009
Ultramario said:
For the lulz?
Apr 2, 2010 9:53 PM

Aug 2007
stAtic91 said:
Ultramario said:
For the lulz?

That is indeed why. Some people don't get it. BTW, saying "I don't really care all that much" isn't saying I don't care. It's saying I don't really care *all that much*. Care is there. Just not enough to worry too much about it. But enough to post a question just *because*.
Apr 3, 2010 2:15 AM

Jul 2008
Well, the system could have been restricted to only able to rate it after it's been finished watching. But oh well, I think it's just fine.
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Apr 3, 2010 7:48 PM

Aug 2008
Why does this happen every time someone rates early, someone has to post about it? Maybe it's that "Equivalent Exchange" thing. You know once the show starts, that 1-10 extra votes won't really matter at all. The one's that voted early, you know?

Let's see, 10 pre-early 10/10 votes, would count for...if the show had, 10,000 "currently watching/completed" who had rated it, would give the rating roughly a 0.001 increase/"influence", upon the actual rating.
And if only 5,000 people rated it so far? A 0.002 increase in the anime's score. Or something close to that affect really, *Not 100% about the "weight" of the score*. That extra "effect" wouldn't even show up on MAL's score (Once the show starts getting watchers). The show would need a 1,000 users or less for it actually to appears in it's ratings digits. And even then, that would only be a +0.01 score. Assuming all 10 pre-early raters gave it a 10/10.

So why care? And people do it all the time, and you guys keep creating threads all the time for them. Maybe that's why people rate it early! LoL, they love the attention they get from the people *who normally are* raging over it being rated early. You could retort, "Then why do you care to post in this?". To educate you! Statistics is your friend. *Oh fudge...I think I have statistics homework actually...lol*.

Or an eve better idea *If it bothers you that much*, restrict rating until the air date at least. Why restrict it to when the show ends? I personally like "rating as I go", which I'd assume most do, since there's always a vast number who have already rated before the show ends. I like to rate the show of what I currently think of it at that moment in time after whatever episode I just finished of it. Because a show may start of as a 9/10 *First 5 episodes* then by episode 15 it may be a 6/10. Then said crappy show may do something fantastic and pull something out at the end and bring it up to a nice 8/10.

This also helps, for anyone who happens by any chance *Though I'm not sure why you would be* looking at "my anime list", could see the current reflection of what I think of the show. With a 6/10 it's saying, so far it seems not quite worth watching. Then later if they check it and see the 8/10 at the ending, they may decide to watch it after all.

Now you could also use that as your counter-point to say, "See! Exactly why you shouldn't be allowed to rate till it ends! You just discouraged a person from watching a good show! Because they read your 6/10 at that moment in time". True, but not quite true enough. I may also have saved that person hours upon hours of time, because in the end, the show could go from a 6/10 to a 3/10. Who can say?

So, it really goes either way. I just personally enjoy rating a show of what I currently feel about it.

But restricting rating till air-date is not a bad idea. So I can stop writing in these threads when I'm super bored, because people will no longer be able to whine about it. Though I'm sure they'll find something else to complain about. They all do. Even I do, which is why I'm here :).

So people can say :"Tl;Dr". lol.

Enjoy reading folks.

You're source of "Tl;Dr": http://www.animetake.com/forums/authors-corner/

*I even managed to squeeze and advertisement into my post! I'm so awesome.* *Sarcasm*.
FateEntityApr 3, 2010 8:12 PM
Apr 8, 2010 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
AkariChan said:
Well, the system could have been restricted to only able to rate it after it's been finished watching. But oh well, I think it's just fine.

The system is restricted, at least for the rankings: http://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=topanime
May 2, 2010 11:22 AM
Feb 2010
They're just morons.
Sorry but anyone who gives this show a 10 is.

It's also stupid when people give reviews before it's aired, like I few odd people I've noticed doing that. It's just ridiculous.
May 9, 2010 10:45 PM

Oct 2007
Sigh... do I have to put some needles in your rice?

More topics from this board

Poll: » B Gata H Kei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jun 17, 2010

306 by vinnywizanime »»
May 30, 2:30 AM

Poll: » B Gata H Kei Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jun 10, 2010

129 by vinnywizanime »»
May 28, 3:57 AM

Poll: » B Gata H Kei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - May 27, 2010

110 by vinnywizanime »»
May 22, 4:53 AM

Poll: » B Gata H Kei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - May 20, 2010

102 by vinnywizanime »»
May 21, 3:31 AM

Poll: » B Gata H Kei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperEXE - May 13, 2010

139 by vinnywizanime »»
May 14, 5:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.