Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 20, 2021 4:10 PM
May 2016
Hi everyone!! I have recently started getting into the fate franchise and have been gradually getting through the series.

I haven't got Fate GO the game because I have a spending issue and just know I'd get addicted, but I want to still be able to watch and understand the anime. So I'm curious which fate series I should watch to understand as much of this movie as possible? I've watched First order and babylonia, and I'm planning to watch Camelot. I saw that there's manga for some of the other singularities but there seems to be several, do you know which ones I should read? I can also see some of the characters from fate/apocrypha in the poster, should I watch that beforehand aswell?

Thank you in advance!
Jul 20, 2021 4:47 PM
Jul 2020
You don't need to watch apocrypha but I would recommend it due to how popular alot of the characters are in the fandom, but giving my honest opinion the singularities they skipped was for a very good reason (taking about what the game does, hopefully the manga could execute them better), the first ones okay, the second one is easily the worse, the third one quite boring, the fourth was carried by mordred and that wasn't enough to save it, and the fifth one was quite good. But if you read the mangas you will be given all of context on alot of the battle that will take place in Solomon.
Jul 20, 2021 5:27 PM
May 2020
I think you're already okay by watching First Order, Camelot, and Babylonia (as they're the only anime there exist).

If you'd like to, you can watch Fate/Apocrypha as well. There are two characters that are the main character of two out of five unadapted singularities (Jeanne and Mordred), and other characters appearing in thosr singularities as well (Karna, Atalante, Fran, etc.).

The main gimmick of this Solomon singularity is that all of the servant from earlier singularities are there, so my opinion by watching Fate/Apocrypha you can at least understand some things of the characters there that'll appear in this movie. That way, you can also feel the development of them, after knowing the characters even if in a slightest bit, and imo could give you a better experience of watching this in the future.
Jul 21, 2021 2:17 AM
Dec 2020
Watch as many Fate anime before getting into watching Grand Order since it would be alot more enjoyable if you understand the Fate franchise

But if you just wanted some then First order,Babylonia ep 0 and the Babylonia anime and you should be able to watch the movie
Jul 21, 2021 6:31 AM
May 2016
Type_Alter said:
You don't need to watch apocrypha but I would recommend it due to how popular alot of the characters are in the fandom, but giving my honest opinion the singularities they skipped was for a very good reason (taking about what the game does, hopefully the manga could execute them better), the first ones okay, the second one is easily the worse, the third one quite boring, the fourth was carried by mordred and that wasn't enough to save it, and the fifth one was quite good. But if you read the mangas you will be given all of context on alot of the battle that will take place in Solomon.

I see, thank you! I guess I'll take a look at some of the manga and see if any are good and worth reading before watching this movie then. Apocrypha is next on my list of fate series I wanted to watch so I guess I'll do that one next!
Jul 21, 2021 6:33 AM
May 2016
Playay said:
I think you're already okay by watching First Order, Camelot, and Babylonia (as they're the only anime there exist).

If you'd like to, you can watch Fate/Apocrypha as well. There are two characters that are the main character of two out of five unadapted singularities (Jeanne and Mordred), and other characters appearing in thosr singularities as well (Karna, Atalante, Fran, etc.).

The main gimmick of this Solomon singularity is that all of the servant from earlier singularities are there, so my opinion by watching Fate/Apocrypha you can at least understand some things of the characters there that'll appear in this movie. That way, you can also feel the development of them, after knowing the characters even if in a slightest bit, and imo could give you a better experience of watching this in the future.

Thank you!!! I'll check out Apocrypha next then :) Are there any other anime that have characters which will show up in Solomon other than Apocrypha, main fate franchise and Fate GO or am I good with those?
Jul 21, 2021 6:37 AM
May 2016
Dinxama said:
Watch as many Fate anime before getting into watching Grand Order since it would be alot more enjoyable if you understand the Fate franchise

But if you just wanted some then First order,Babylonia ep 0 and the Babylonia anime and you should be able to watch the movie

I have already watched First order, babylonia 0, babylonia and camelot alongside the main fate franchise and Extra last encore. I guess my order probably wasn't the best as I didn't think to watch Apocrypha before Grand Order.
Jul 21, 2021 1:49 PM
May 2020
Bincal said:
Playay said:

Thank you!!! I'll check out Apocrypha next then :) Are there any other anime that have characters which will show up in Solomon other than Apocrypha, main fate franchise and Fate GO or am I good with those?
You're already okay with those, as you're already watch Fate/Extra Last Encore too. It also has one of the main servant of the singularity as well, so you'll be good.
Jul 25, 2021 10:49 AM

Apr 2020
Playay said:
Bincal said:

You're already okay with those, as you're already watch Fate/Extra Last Encore too. It also has one of the main servant of the singularity as well, so you'll be good.

I haven't seen fate/extra

Do I need to watch that, Fate/Apocrypha, first order, moonlight lostroom, camelot, Babylonia then solomon?
Jul 25, 2021 10:56 AM

May 2014
Firstly you need to ride an elephant across the largest river in your town, then find the ancient texts describing where the first volume of Fate Stay Night in danish is, afterwards you'll need to cook up enough dishes to make sure you starve from too much food, and finally just don't watch any of it because it all sucks.
Jul 25, 2021 12:30 PM

Jan 2019
Mahdhi1235 said:
Playay said:

I haven't seen fate/extra

Do I need to watch that, Fate/Apocrypha, first order, moonlight lostroom, camelot, Babylonia then solomon?

No, you don't need to watch fate/extra or any other fate that is not part of grand order.
Grand order borrows characters from all the other fate shows because it is a gacha game, but the storys are not connected.

You can watch them if you want to know the characters better, but thats optional.

Don't watch moonlight lostroom, it is a trailer/prologue for act 2 of grand order, cosmos in the lostbelt.
At the time there is no anime planed for act 2.

You should be ok with first order, camelot and Babylonia.
Jul 25, 2021 2:40 PM
May 2020
@Mahdhi1235 exactly what user above me said^
Jul 27, 2021 12:53 AM

Aug 2011
horny and money that's literally you need for fap grand order
Jul 27, 2021 2:19 AM
May 2016
Ericonator said:
Firstly you need to ride an elephant across the largest river in your town, then find the ancient texts describing where the first volume of Fate Stay Night in danish is, afterwards you'll need to cook up enough dishes to make sure you starve from too much food, and finally just don't watch any of it because it all sucks.

Sounds achievable hahahaha. I enjoyed Babylonia though, at least.
Jul 27, 2021 2:21 AM

Apr 2016
That, i don't know, but i know what you need to watch AFTER watching this.

A holy ceremon to clean your eyes.
Jul 27, 2021 2:37 AM

Feb 2019
Bincal said:
Hi everyone!! I have recently started getting into the fate franchise and have been gradually getting through the series.

I haven't got Fate GO the game because I have a spending issue and just know I'd get addicted, but I want to still be able to watch and understand the anime. So I'm curious which fate series I should watch to understand as much of this movie as possible? I've watched First order and babylonia, and I'm planning to watch Camelot. I saw that there's manga for some of the other singularities but there seems to be several, do you know which ones I should read? I can also see some of the characters from fate/apocrypha in the poster, should I watch that beforehand aswell?

Thank you in advance!

The manga you'll need to read are Fate/Grand Order -mortalis:stella- and Fate/Grand Order -turas réalta-. Both adapt the Prologue, Singularity I and Solomon, then the former adapts Singularities II, IV and VI, whilst the latter adapts III, V and VII. Both, however, are ongoing and incomplete, so the only way to get the full story is by playing the game (and just keeping very close track of your credit card) or reading transcripts/watching playthroughs of the story.

Whether or not you need to go through prior Fate/ series, such as /Apocrypha and /EXTRA (and, assuming the Andromalius Section gets animated, /Koha-Ace, /Prisma☆Illya and practically everything else) is debatable. They take place in different continuities and have different incarnations of the characters, so the actual events that transpire don't (usually) affect Fate/Grand Order, but if you want to know more about their pasts and characters then it would be helpful. Although, frankly, there's no harm in going through them all anyway, what with already having dipped into the franchise and all.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jul 28, 2021 1:57 PM

May 2015
Only way to get maximum investment is to read the game cutscenes. You can find several Playthroughs on YT.

Jul 29, 2021 8:37 PM

Nov 2014
Emblemz said:
Only way to get maximum investment is to read the game cutscenes. You can find several Playthroughs on YT.

basically what this guy said
Jul 30, 2021 3:32 AM
Jan 2021
Just watch Otaku Dai Kun's breakdown on the other singularities
Jul 30, 2021 4:47 AM
Jul 2019
What i know is the singular not really connected to other except for character introduce, the one have more connection are camelot(mash np name change) babylon(about beast) and solomon first appear(at london?) thats all i know. And all servant here not have memory about other series
Jul 30, 2021 5:12 AM

Apr 2013
I would suggest watching it in the same order like in-game singularities.

Fate/Grand Order: First Order
Fate/Grand Order: Shinsei Entaku Ryouiki Camelot 1 - Wandering; Agateram
Fate/Grand Order: Shinsei Entaku Ryouiki Camelot 2 - Paladin; Agateram
Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia
Fate/Grand Order: Shuukyoku Tokuiten - Kani Jikan Shinden Solomon
Aug 5, 2021 1:20 AM
Jun 2020
Type_Alter said:

Btw is fate/go just about solving these singularities?the game i mean
Aug 5, 2021 2:42 AM
Jul 2020
T_1886 said:
Type_Alter said:

Btw is fate/go just about solving these singularities?the game i mean
.Yeah, the First part but with alot more lore with it.(it does change from singularities to lostbelts in the second half of the game)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Shuukyoku Tokuiten - Kani Jikan Shinden Solomon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Stray - Jul 31, 2021

120 by keynutil »»
Apr 20, 5:55 PM

» Some questions about the plot (Spoilers)

Mathi786 - Jan 31

9 by Code-Valhalla »»
Feb 3, 3:35 AM

» Don't watch this if you haven't played the game

KaizukaZekrom - Jan 22, 2022

39 by Sol_Ou »»
Oct 15, 2023 3:35 PM

» Do I need to watch the Camelot movies first?

StuntMastah - Aug 19, 2023

6 by PurpleMoon7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 3:06 PM

» We’re in the End Game!

Reshiram_IX - Mar 22, 2020

31 by LISA302 »»
Jul 25, 2023 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.