Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 14, 2021 8:43 AM
May 2021
I've just watched the trailer and imo they have changed many things from the real story. Many ppl are really hyped to watch this. What are your thoughts?

Mod edit: This thread has been locked for sensitive topic.

Anime discussion rules 5:

Please refrain from creating threads which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated and/or sensitive issues liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse).

This includes but is not limited to:
gender/racial equality
sexual orientation, homophobia
sexual assault
pedophilia, lolicon/shotacon, incest, teenage-adult relationships

Unfortunately, these threads always devolve into the same final scenario: users are assigned into black/white categories where one side is "SJWs", the other side is "Nazis/rapists/etc", insults/abuse are being fired off from both sides, and trolls come in to feed the drama. Please choose more appropriate settings for these discussions than in a public forum on an entertainment website.
KarinaraMar 4, 2022 4:33 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 14, 2021 8:49 AM
Apr 2021
Spoliers ;- Set about 1,500 years ago, it presents the ancient civilizations in the Arabian Peninsula and Middle East. It follows the story of Aws and the people of Makkah who are forced to take up arms to liberate themselves and their city from enslavement by a ruthless general .

The Journey is inspired by Arabian folktales and set 1500 years ago in Mecca. It centers around Aws, a potter with a dark past, who, along with fellow Meccans, is forced to take up arms and stop Mecca from being enslaved by a ruthless conqueror Abraha. Abraha, the main antagonist, has sworn to destroy Mecca and the religious sentiment it holds. It is up to Aws and Mecca’s small army to fight Abraha’s superior force. The creators also add a personal touch to the many tales of the Islamic prophets that are portrayed in the film as stories to remember during one’s hardships.

The Journey, which was based on Saudi folklore, is a joint collaboration which began in November 2017 between two animation studios; Manga Productions of Saudi Arabia and Toei Animation of Japan.
JevasamyJul 14, 2021 8:58 AM
Jul 14, 2021 8:52 AM
Apr 2021
pop_sicle said:
I've just watched the trailer and imo they have changed many things from the real story. In other words, they have tried to change something that is written in our Quran. Many ppl are really hyped to watch this but idk why but I have an uneasy feeling about it

Assalamu alikum wa rahamatullahi wa abarakatuhu

The Journey, which was based on Saudi folklore, is a joint collaboration which began in November 2017 between two animation studios; Manga Productions of Saudi Arabia and Toei Animation of Japan.

Synopsis :-
Set about 1,500 years ago, it presents the ancient civilizations in theArabian Peninsula and Middle East. It follows the story of Aws and the people of Makkah who are forced to take up arms to liberate themselves and their city from enslavement by a ruthless general .
The Journey is inspired by Arabian folktales and set 1500 years ago in Mecca. It centers around Aws, a potter with a dark past, who, along with fellow Meccans, is forced to take up arms and stop Mecca from being enslaved by a ruthless conqueror Abraha. Abraha, the main antagonist, has sworn to destroy Mecca and the religious sentiment it holds. It is up to Aws and Mecca’s small army to fight Abraha’s superior force. The creators also add a personal touch to the many tales of the Islamic prophets that are portrayed in the film as stories to remember during one’s hardships.
JevasamyJul 14, 2021 8:57 AM
Jul 14, 2021 8:57 AM
Feb 2021
pop_sicle said:
I've just watched the trailer and imo they have changed many things from the real story. In other words, they have tried to change something that is written in our Quran. Many ppl are really hyped to watch this but idk why but I have an uneasy feeling about it
i think they dont change the story because it will make people mad,but if they change a little bit.maybe to make it more epic
Jul 14, 2021 8:59 AM
Apr 2021
Kazuhito_Ali said:
pop_sicle said:
i think they dont change the story because it will make people mad,but if they change a little bit.maybe to make it more epic

The fact , its the collaboration between Saudi Arabia and Japan. So ,they will not changed anything major.
Jul 14, 2021 9:07 AM
May 2020
I watched the movie. The animation is good. As a Muslim, I know the story and watched cartoons about it when I was young, and I guess the cartoon was much better in terms of writing, characters, and clarifying the goals of each side. Unfortunately, the writing is poor in the movie. For example, the three stories that were only audio, I see as unnecessary and were killing fun. I mean, I was following a battle and then suddenly it was cut off. And the characters did not delve into them too much, especially from the side of evil.. but since it is a beginning for Saudi Arabia, it is a good start, and I wish them success in the future.
Jul 16, 2021 5:06 AM
May 2020
I just take it positively. But, I didn't know what will happen next. The Abraham and his army want to destroy the Ka'ba. And I think there's something changed. In quran said, that God sending bird who bring hot stone from hell and then they're drop it into Abraham and his army. In this part, maybe will be changed. And we just need to wait and watch it. If something on this movie there's different from quran, I'm not gonna take it seriously cuz I believe the real happen in quran.
Oct 1, 2021 10:17 PM
Jan 2021
WoodzieMu said:
I just take it positively. But, I didn't know what will happen next. The Abraham and his army want to destroy the Ka'ba. And I think there's something changed. In quran said, that God sending bird who bring hot stone from hell and then they're drop it into Abraham and his army. In this part, maybe will be changed. And we just need to wait and watch it. If something on this movie there's different from quran, I'm not gonna take it seriously cuz I believe the real happen in quran.
yeah,just watched the movie. It mostly accurate except the part where bird throw the stone. In the movie,it just look like normal stone instead of very hot stone or hell stone. But of course i wouldn't take this movie seriously and still an enjoyable watch indeed.
Oct 3, 2021 2:28 AM
Nov 2018
I thought it was absolutely amazing, the way they decided to potray everything and the story telling choices they made
Oct 3, 2021 2:35 AM

Jan 2021
As a muslim, I would rather not watch this at all cause I already know the true event (the abraha story is not a folktale, these are true events).
I mean I already know what happens and its all written in Quran so I dont want to see it in this form of media. (I dont know whether this form of representation is allowed in Islam or not but just to be on the safe side I would rather not watch it).
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Oct 3, 2021 1:31 PM
Oct 2021
Since i dont know how to make reviews since new, im just gonna said this
I think this movie is good, some people didnt like the character maybe because they add character out of no where. From what i remember there is no character(sorry if im wrong) when Ababil dropping stones to elephant troops
And for miracle they show it in the middle, i think its not wrong for them to do that. It will help non muslim to understand what will happen in the end (Ababil i mean) since they not like us muslim who already know about miracle that has happened.
This is my opinion, sorry if you didnt like it
Oct 3, 2021 3:58 PM
Jun 2021
I think as a Muslim, this film is really good.
Neostorm-X said:
pop_sicle said:

that fact that Muslims get pissed at even the slightest variation or creative changes are the reason why no almost no entertainment media caters to your folk. Then I find it funny when people complain about no representation in media

I read the article Manga studio is owned by the son of King Salman in Saudi Arabia. What is certain is that his have asked permission and research from the scholars there. So I think it's only natural that they make this,with a note that it does not change the meaning and content of the content of the Qur'an
Oct 3, 2021 4:23 PM
Jun 2021
ramy22 said:
I watched the movie. The animation is good. As a Muslim, I know the story and watched cartoons about it when I was young, and I guess the cartoon was much better in terms of writing, characters, and clarifying the goals of each side. Unfortunately, the writing is poor in the movie. For example, the three stories that were only audio, I see as unnecessary and were killing fun. I mean, I was following a battle and then suddenly it was cut off. And the characters did not delve into them too much, especially from the side of evil.. but since it is a beginning for Saudi Arabia, it is a good start, and I wish them success in the future.

It's a little disturbing but I take the positive side that Allah SWT. will give His miracle, whether it is when it will come no one knows.

Even I don't know, but I believe that miracles exist, because they are in the Qur'an. I'm just praying to Allah SWT. and Allah will answer what I pray to Him
Oct 4, 2021 9:03 PM
Oct 2021
As a Muslim, I was looking forward to this film from the moment the trailer was shown. I hope this film can make me remember the incident 1500 years ago during the attack on the Kaaba by Abraha
Oct 5, 2021 1:02 PM
Nov 2017
I watched full movie, but did they give the full historical accuracy in this movie?
Oct 5, 2021 4:02 PM
Aug 2021
I've watched this movie and i find nothing really changed from the real story. Of course something will be added to make this movie becoming better but It does not impact to our history. All I could say is it's very good. I appreciate how to respect our religion in this animešŸ˜
Oct 27, 2021 11:16 PM
Oct 2021
Vergil019 said:
I watched full movie, but did they give the full historical accuracy in this movie?
As far as accuracy goes, it’s slim. Ancient Arabs had straight swords, not curved blades. The Aws clan lived in Yathrib, not Mecca and if he’s adopted, the main character would use their surname, not his. The Quraysh clan ruled Mecca. Iram (third flashback story) was not a city of giants, nor was it older than Mecca.
XRhetoricOct 27, 2021 11:22 PM
Dec 27, 2021 3:37 PM
Apr 2021
Very halal and wholesome
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Just my opinion about this anime

Drakath_V - Oct 6, 2021

9 by aniart_nation »»
Apr 10, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Journey: Taiko Arabia Hantou de no Kiseki to Tatakai no Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion

FMmatron - Oct 1, 2021

20 by St0rmblade »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:39 AM

» Does anyone know where to watch this?

dowoma - Aug 2, 2021

5 by Omaevamoshinderu »»
Jan 7, 2023 1:20 PM

» important and recommendation

Hhguf - Oct 12, 2021

0 by Hhguf »»
Oct 12, 2021 8:59 AM

» Shahid Arabic Streaming service will stream the movie in 1st October

LoliSenpai0x - Sep 16, 2021

0 by LoliSenpai0x »»
Sep 16, 2021 10:51 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.