Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 11, 2021 3:17 PM
Jan 2017
Just finished watching the movie and I felt like it was nothing but exposure. They needed to show how strong the bad guys are, and what's best than killing one of the strongest pillars so we can see what Tanjiro will defeat in the future. It was kinda predictable how it would end to be honest.
(Going to start reading the manga to see if it feels the same and how this continues)

Just some things I want to point out/ask...

- When one of the kids was looking in Tanjiro's unconcious looking for the orb thingy and he was lead by some beings living there.. does it means Tanjiro himself want to unconciously die? (probably becuase he feels guilty of what happened to his family)
When he faces the demon for the first time, he is constantly put to sleep by the demon's blood technique but he instantly wakes up killing himself in the dreams every time (stated by the demon himself). Maybe wanting to uncounciously die may be the reason why he can do that so easily.

- When Tanjiro faces the demon for the first time and he eventually cut his own head to wake up.. did the demon need to expose his plot? Why didn't he just tell Tanjiro that it was a dream (which wasn't the case) and Tanjiro would have killed himself (this time for realsies), Tanjiro even doubted that a few minutes before the demon exposed that wasn't his real body.
(Or, maybe just maybe, plot armor).

What other things did you find off? Aside from Inosuke and Zenitsu awkward dreams because, well, comic relief
Jul 11, 2021 3:50 PM
Sep 2020
I felt like i was waiting all the time for epic fight, which then gave me amazing atmosphere and need to watch it in cinema (which i probably won't, because my parents say so lol). The "bad" cgi in first fight was kinda good to me, because they used it well and i knew they needed budget for final fight.
Jul 11, 2021 3:57 PM
Feb 2021
Even if it was predictable, it still was awesome!
Jul 11, 2021 4:29 PM
Feb 2021
ezegonz said:
Just finished watching the movie and I felt like it was nothing but exposure. They needed to show how strong the bad guys are, and what's best than killing one of the strongest pillars so we can see what Tanjiro will defeat in the future. It was kinda predictable how it would end to be honest.
(Going to start reading the manga to see if it feels the same and how this continues)

- When one of the kids was looking in Tanjiro's unconcious looking for the orb thingy and he was lead by some beings living there.. does it means Tanjiro himself want to unconciously die? (probably becuase he feels guilty of what happened to his family)
When he faces the demon for the first time, he is constantly put to sleep by the demon's blood technique but he instantly wakes up killing himself in the dreams every time (stated by the demon himself). Maybe wanting to uncounciously die may be the reason why he can do that so easily.

- When Tanjiro faces the demon for the first time and he eventually cut his own head to wake up.. did the demon need to expose his plot? Why didn't he just tell Tanjiro that it was a dream (which wasn't the case) and Tanjiro would have killed himself (this time for realsies), Tanjiro even doubted that a few minutes before the demon exposed that wasn't his real body.

What other things did you find off? Aside from Inosuke and Zenitsu awkward dreams because, well, comic relief
about the first one he led the boy to his orb life thingy because he felt that he was looking for it and he wanted to help, but to be honest he is quite suicidal by the way he acts but you never know (sorry if it's bad grammar English isn't my native language)
Jul 11, 2021 4:32 PM

Apr 2021
I found it kinda odd how Akaza just popped out outa nowhere and just started fighting Rengoku. Like was this always part of the plan or he just happened to be there ? Or maybe he was chasing after the train this whole time
I love Monogatari Series
Jul 11, 2021 5:24 PM
Apr 2018
Like the kids don't killing them while they are sleep instead of entering their dream, way more easy and efective.
Jul 11, 2021 6:24 PM
May 2019
Your Grammar. What did you *feel off? Use first form of verbs with did.
Jul 11, 2021 7:22 PM
Jan 2017
Ashlesh024 said:

First of all.. thanks for the correction. Didn't noticed it, I was too focused keeping what I wanted to write in my mind and not lose anything. Not being a native english speaker has its cons.

Now... You can call out grammar mistakes. It's ok. But you have to decide if you want to be a jerk or a nice person.
ezegonzJul 11, 2021 7:29 PM
Jul 11, 2021 7:26 PM
Jan 2017
aktiw said:
I found it kinda odd how Akaza just popped out outa nowhere and just started fighting Rengoku. Like was this always part of the plan or he just happened to be there ? Or maybe he was chasing after the train this whole time

One of the reasons I wanted to start reading the manga. For what I've read the movie covers like 12-15 chapters so I don't think they could have left something so easy to animate like Kibutsuji sending Akaza there. Felt a bit off
Jul 11, 2021 7:28 PM
Jan 2017
Thenightwing35 said:
Even if it was predictable, it still was awesome!

It was! But all I see is a higher up who really likes Rengoku and wanted to give him the spotlight on a film before, wel...
Don't get me wrong. I cried and the moment was emotional for me and really liked it.
Jul 11, 2021 7:34 PM
Jan 2017
wheelbarrow_i said:
ezegonz said:

about the first one he led the boy to his orb life thingy because he felt that he was looking for it and he wanted to help, but to be honest he is quite suicidal by the way he acts but you never know (sorry if it's bad grammar English isn't my native language)

Nothing to apologize for. I'm the same xD

He is. But it's a shonen and which shonen protagonist isn't a tiny bit suicidal?
Maybe I just read too hard in-between lines on that part. Never felt the series to be intimate or deep.
Jul 11, 2021 7:34 PM
Feb 2021
They lead him to the Orb because Tanjiro is just that nice. He is just a nice person that cares for others. He is literally saccharine sweet to a point where It gets kinda annoying. However it's a good thing actually and a big part of the whole story. He is not suicidal he wants to live so he can save his sister. He also wouldn't ever let down any of his friends and fellow demon slayers. He is just not that kind of person. And when there is one demon there is almost always another one for back up.
Jul 11, 2021 8:04 PM
May 2020
Day-GoldLion said:
Like the kids don't killing them while they are sleep instead of entering their dream, way more easy and efective.

Yeah I was thinking about that too. But I remember emnu saying that demon slayers have great instinct or something so they may wake up when you attempt to kill. Another reason that I may think is he wanted to destroy their spiritual core so that they become mindless and he can enjoy the feast later.
Anyways I've seen instances like this where characters don't go with the obvious easy way in many anime I've seen. I guess the author wanted to do a unique storytelling with this kind of approach and honestly I don't object cuz it's much more interesting.
Jul 11, 2021 8:28 PM
Apr 2018
Mansibuddin101 said:
Day-GoldLion said:

Yeah I was thinking about that too. But I remember emnu saying that demon slayers have great instinct or something so they may wake up when you attempt to kill. Another reason that I may think is he wanted to destroy their spiritual core so that they become mindless and he can enjoy the feast later.
Anyways I've seen instances like this where characters don't go with the obvious easy way in many anime I've seen. I guess the author wanted to do a unique storytelling with this kind of approach and honestly I don't object cuz it's much more interesting.

Yeah i guess they easy route is way more boring but really the only one that got something happening we're Rengoku actually giving us his origin and Tanjiro. Meanwhile Inosuke and Zenitsu we're just ignored while we could have something more about them. In the end is the demons fault overestimating his enemy, sending kids to do his job instead of taking care of the problem first.
Jul 11, 2021 9:15 PM
Jun 2019
ezegonz said:

One thing that felt off was the 2 demons that showed up right after the conductor punched their tickets. I'm still confused on whether or not that battle between Rengoku and the two random demons that showed up at the beginning was actually a dream shared by all four of them because they were entering a sleep state at the same time... and the fact that Tanjirou, Inosuke and Zenitsu were acting unusual to their normal character (cheering "bro, bro!" out loud, I don't think that's smth they'd usually do) just adds on to my suspicion that they were actually just dreaming that part and that they were just entering a dream state. Another thing is that the passengers were scared when the demon showed up but by the time Rengoku cleared everyone out, wouldn't the passengers have done smth like tried to get the conductor to stop the train or smth? But they didn't; everyone was just chilling in the other cars after. But after all its just a show so maybe the characters just arent smart... still it doesn't sit right w me lolol
Jul 11, 2021 9:27 PM
Jan 2017
BentBlue said:
They lead him to the Orb because Tanjiro is just that nice. He is just a nice person that cares for others. He is literally saccharine sweet to a point where It gets kinda annoying. However it's a good thing actually and a big part of the whole story. He is not suicidal he wants to live so he can save his sister. He also wouldn't ever let down any of his friends and fellow demon slayers. He is just not that kind of person. And when there is one demon there is almost always another one for back up.

Nowadays this kinda characters gives me Emma (Yakusoku no neverland) flashes and creeps me out. Tanjiro doesn't seem like her and hope the series don't go that way
Jul 11, 2021 9:33 PM
Jan 2017
K1N0SUKE said:
ezegonz said:

One thing that felt off was the 2 demons that showed up right after the conductor punched their tickets. I'm still confused on whether or not that battle between Rengoku and the two random demons that showed up at the beginning was actually a dream shared by all four of them because they were entering a sleep state at the same time... and the fact that Tanjirou, Inosuke and Zenitsu were acting unusual to their normal character (cheering "bro, bro!" out loud, I don't think that's smth they'd usually do) just adds on to my suspicion that they were actually just dreaming that part and that they were just entering a dream state. Another thing is that the passengers were scared when the demon showed up but by the time Rengoku cleared everyone out, wouldn't the passengers have done smth like tried to get the conductor to stop the train or smth? But they didn't; everyone was just chilling in the other cars after. But after all its just a show so maybe the characters just arent smart... still it doesn't sit right w me lolol

From what I understood everything that happened after the conductor appeared and asked for their tickets and the scene where we saw them asleep was Rangoku dreaming. That's why everyone else's behaviour was off.

It could also be a poor script that comes from the manga or writing of the film. Some scenes felt a bit unnatural. As if something were cut in the post-production or if it something was left un-animated.
Jul 11, 2021 9:55 PM
May 2020
Day-GoldLion said:
Mansibuddin101 said:

Yeah i guess they easy route is way more boring but really the only one that got something happening we're Rengoku actually giving us his origin and Tanjiro. Meanwhile Inosuke and Zenitsu we're just ignored while we could have something more about them. In the end is the demons fault overestimating his enemy, sending kids to do his job instead of taking care of the problem first.

Yes we were able to get insights of rengoku's backstory as well as tanjiro making up his mind to fully accept his family's tragedy which was awesome! As for inosuke and zenitsu, I'm glad they didn't showcase their backstory in this arc because they absolutely nailed it in a future arc in the manga. Specially inosuke's one. It's very tragic and heartwarming and I can't wait to get to that point in the anime.
Jul 11, 2021 10:40 PM
Apr 2018
Mansibuddin101 said:
Day-GoldLion said:

Yes we were able to get insights of rengoku's backstory as well as tanjiro making up his mind to fully accept his family's tragedy which was awesome! As for inosuke and zenitsu, I'm glad they didn't showcase their backstory in this arc because they absolutely nailed it in a future arc in the manga. Specially inosuke's one. It's very tragic and heartwarming and I can't wait to get to that point in the anime.

I'm only up to the anime but is nice to know there is going to be more development for Inosuke (thx for no spoilers), i will look forward to it.
Jul 12, 2021 7:41 AM

Oct 2020
Ashlesh024 said:

Shut the fuck up it’s people like you that make forums toxic
Jul 12, 2021 10:04 AM
May 2019
TheRookieCrusher said:
Ashlesh024 said:

nah man. Just spreading some education about English language. You are the toxic one.
Jul 12, 2021 10:12 AM

Oct 2020
Ashlesh024 said:
TheRookieCrusher said:

nah man. Just spreading some education about English language. You are the toxic one.

Lol well you could be a lot less of a dick about it, get off forums and add something to your list normie
Jul 12, 2021 5:34 PM
Feb 2021
ezegonz said:
wheelbarrow_i said:

Nothing to apologize for. I'm the same xD

He is. But it's a shonen and which shonen protagonist isn't a tiny bit suicidal?
Maybe I just read too hard in-between lines on that part. Never felt the series to be intimate or deep.
you have a point on that one AS
And thanks :)
Jul 12, 2021 11:00 PM
Jul 2016
Well, for me, Kimetsu no Yaiba was so enticing initially for it's visuals and then I got drawn in by the characters, so aside from any plot inconsistencies that were already mentioned, I was very uncomfortable with the 3D animation on the nap-time demon. It felt gross, which I guess was the point, but it also just really stuck out compared to the rest of the art. Not only was the texturing strange, but the movements felt very unnatural, which disappointed me quite a bit. My friend who I watched it with agreed but said it really didn't bother him that much so it could just be me...
Also, something about the fight felt kind of boring. Even being in a theater with other people, the sleepy boy battle felt anti-climactic after Tanjiro and Inosuke woke up.
Maddy-ReneeJul 12, 2021 11:03 PM
Jul 13, 2021 8:16 AM
May 2019
lifestylexp said:
Ashlesh024 said:
I usually never comment on posts but you're the type of people who plague the anime community. Rather than making fun of someone's grammar and brushing off every genuinely great point they made, say what you disagree with.
why are u against spreading some knowledge of English language. You are anti knowledge.
Jul 13, 2021 8:18 AM
May 2019
TheRookieCrusher said:
Ashlesh024 said:

Lol well you could be a lot less of a dick about it, get off forums and add something to your list normie
wow. Calling people dick on internet. Real good values you learnt from your family and school.
Jul 13, 2021 8:50 AM

Oct 2020
Ashlesh024 said:
TheRookieCrusher said:

wow. Calling people dick on internet. Real good values you learnt from your family and school.
This must be your first time on the Internet if that surprised you
Jul 13, 2021 8:53 AM
May 2019
TheRookieCrusher said:
Ashlesh024 said:
I am new here on the internet. And you are the rudest person yet.
Jul 13, 2021 8:55 AM

Oct 2020
Ashlesh024 said:
TheRookieCrusher said:
I am new here on the internet. And you are the rudest person yet.
Lol good to know. Also some future advice Is to leave people alone when they make a very small unnoticeable grammar error on a post. That right there is what we call a dick move
Jul 13, 2021 2:52 PM

Apr 2014
I overall didn't enjoy the movie. I thought the "main" villain was disappointing, his power was annoying (watching people sleep and then confusing dream sequences is boring, and then he just turns into a train. I didn't enjoy any of that), the entire dream sequence felt dragged out but also woefully under-developed, and neither of the characters in the final fight gave me reason to care about them (Rengoku barely had any development outside of a few flashbacks, and the villain showed up out of absolutely nowhere. At least when One Piece did something similar in Thriller Bark, they showed the character on his way there).

That's not to say that others can't like it, I'm glad people seem to be enjoying it and it's doing so well. I just can't help but be disappointed, and wish it were adapted into episodes instead of a movie.
Jul 17, 2021 1:18 PM

Oct 2020
I just watched it today and strangely, i too, felt something is off.
Maybe because i was watching it at midnight, but it wasn't as sad as when i read the manga....??
But The only part where I'm sure is throwing me off is Tanjiro's screaming at the running demon in the end. Idk why, during Rengoku flashback with his mother i already feel the sadness growing, but it got thrown out during that Tanjiro scene.. Maybe it just me tho. But well, that's what's feels off from me XD
A certain person lurking here
Jul 20, 2021 4:45 PM
Jul 2013
ezegonz said:

I took that as a way to show that he's so nice and trusting he'll help even those who are trying to hurt him but you have a point.

More topics from this board

» So the movie was pointless? ( 1 2 )

ibm30rpg - Sep 26, 2021

61 by IDontWishToBe »»
Today, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Movie: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Oct 19, 2020

396 by Lostz0 »»
Yesterday, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Movie or show?

Fishb0i - May 28, 2023

24 by Fishb0i »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:48 AM

» enmu

blaze_sir - Apr 26, 2023

11 by NotScout70 »»
Apr 28, 2023 8:17 AM

» Plot hole? Or me being ignorant. (Spoilers)

lFrogs - Mar 26, 2022

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Jan 25, 2023 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.