Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 28, 2021 5:35 AM
Aug 2020
I really liked oreimo. But I don't understand what does this line signify.
"The big brother you looked up to never existed to begin with"

I don't understand what did Minami mean by these words when Kirino asked her to giver her cool oniichan back. This scene is when kirino(when she was little) sees kyouske's personality changing so she runs to minami.
Because I see that Kyouske was a talented guy when young. So why did she say that this is not the real kyouske which kirino looked up until now. That's why I don't understand what kind of person kyouske was which minami saw in him but kirino didn't.

May 28, 2021 7:19 AM
Feb 2021
That means kirino thought that her brother always be with her or help her but he changes as he grew up
May 28, 2021 9:35 AM
Jul 2020
Can someone explain to me why one of the last scenes was kyouska seeing an image of kuroneko??? Like is the author just trying to piss us off or is there some greater meaning.
May 28, 2021 12:34 PM
Aug 2020
honey2004 said:
That means kirino thought that her brother always be with her or help her but he changes as he grew up
But she said that he(the cool brother) never existed to begin with. Meaning kyouske was never cool. That is, it's kiriono was wrong in thinking he was cool
May 28, 2021 12:35 PM
Aug 2020
Type_Alter said:
Can someone explain to me why one of the last scenes was kyouska seeing an image of kuroneko??? Like is the author just trying to piss us off or is there some greater meaning.

I can, but It will be a spoiler too
May 29, 2021 1:46 AM

Oct 2019
It’s something between the lines. Since the Anime did not fully explore the whole scene. According to the LN it goes like this:
(Very condensed explanation)
Manami and Kirino don’t get along. They hate each other.
“The big brother you look up to never existed” is the exact same reason why they hate each other.
Kirino always thought her older brother was cool and capable of everything.
As he grew older he realized his own limitations and that took a toll in his morale and created an inferiority complex since his little sister was more talented than him at everything.
Manami was Kyosuke’s only solace since she didn’t care or bother if he was good at something or not.
She accepted everything from him (Even his own incompetence), while her feelings came out of love it was also a twisted mentality since this way Kyosuke was dependable from Manami, which is what she wanted all alone (Become someone irreplaceable for him)
The person Kirino admired was a facade, a mirage, an idea that Kyosuke created and attempted to portray in front of Kirino.
That’s what Manami pointed out to her “You have been pursuing something that doesn’t exist” is in essence “He is not the older brother that you loved but (My childhood friend who will love only me)”
Kirino hates Manami because it’s her influence what made Kyosuke stopped trying to do his best. Manami hates Kirino because she wants to keep him emotionally dependable from her and the little sister keeps getting in her way.
May 29, 2021 5:04 AM
Jul 2020
GauravKG said:
Type_Alter said:

Yes please, I've already finished the anime but that one part doesn't make sense
May 29, 2021 8:26 AM
Aug 2020
Type_Alter said:
GauravKG said:

Yes please, I've already finished the anime but that one part doesn't make sense
Because actually, Kyouske will marry Kuroneko. That's only a hint for kyouske's future. And he will have 2 kids and 3rd on the way.
So that scene is just an answer to fans who wants to know the official bride of Kyouske .

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

475 by tony328 »»
Feb 16, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

376 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:46 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

470 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

334 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

383 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.