Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 15, 2023 4:54 AM

Feb 2021
Somehow it's similar to Steins Gate where He want to save everyone and change the timeline on this case...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 19, 2023 5:50 AM
Oct 2019
What a fantastic episode.

my god why the music in this Anime so good?
Oct 3, 2023 6:49 PM
Sep 2023
really good I really love this donghua.my most fevourite sci-fi animw
Oct 11, 2023 11:25 PM

Aug 2019
I was not expecting them to be victims of an earthquake.

No wonder Lu wasn’t too concerned about the team winning.
Sun_ChanOct 12, 2023 1:37 AM
Nov 5, 2023 7:11 AM

Jun 2020
Oooff!! The awesomeness just goes up and up! Amazing episode again!
Nov 5, 2023 7:14 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to qwqpwp
I was half turned off by the lagging and mute dialogues, but once I understood what it's about, all that felt like a form of remorse. They were memories frozen in time. Memories that felt like forever. We could guess what the client wants to say to these people. We don't need to hear it. It's his private matter, his personal sorrow. The mute dialogues were for anyone who have lost their loved ones to fill in their own.
@qwqpwp That is some nice deep observation. Thanks!
Nov 28, 2023 2:03 PM
Jun 2016
The first episode offered a very intriguing and interesting dilemma. Can we resist the opportunity to do good when doing so can end the time-space continuum? Are we simply following the rules as they are written on the wall that tell us to normalize this sacrifice without once considering if these rules are truly as important (or true) as they are? As a big proponent of ending status-quo normalization in almost all forms of politics and culture, this appealed greatly to me.

The following few episodes don't really move the needle on this dilemma. They mostly are just offering an episodic view of this dilemma in slightly different circumstances. I'm not too interested in these stories from the past. To me at least, that's not what this type of narrative is all about. I felt my focus and belief in the core conceit vanishing; I could feel the dilemma, in all its intrigue, not being further challenged. No key moments being set up so that a trigger-causing chain of events can thrust the story out of its "episodic blues".

Then this episode ended and I could feel the promise of the first episode's moral dilemma return. The trigger of a point-of-no-return moment that will create a series of time-bending events in which both perspectives will be challenged until they reach a new philosophical event horizon. A slow return to the same episodic format after this would merely disappoint. "How can we continue to be in this business" is the forefront of where the conflict in this story lies. Imagine if we simply jumped to another "friends falling out of touch plot" here or "I want to solve this familial regret plot" there. That would be tantamount to putting a stopper on all the momentum of the intensity of this moral quandary. The same stoppage was felt during episode 2 back when I thought they kind of forgot about what the writers for this story had.

It's just... that feeling of hopelessness of having the knowledge that you are playing god to help mundane people with mundane problems and never being able to truly fix any real source of these problems is such a rich concept/such a powerful emotion to then simply pocket all that and then do a kinda pivot into a boring basketball episode...???

Still holding out hope though that "the real Link Click starts here" and all that.
Apr 10, 8:44 PM
Mar 2017
This Donghua is a Masterpiece
May 25, 12:51 PM
Nov 2023
Each episode is getting intense and dzamn that plot twist which everyone is talking about but I don't get it (explain pls)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» For anyone who hasn't yet seen this show and is about to watch it in Japanese Dub

kizumi91 - May 3, 2022

24 by Suri-Fox »»
5 hours ago

» Did this Anime get a ratings boost?

redfield-9 - Jun 4

8 by KayKimii »»
Jun 4, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ilalochezia - Apr 30, 2021

79 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Jun 1, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stardew - Apr 30, 2021

171 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Jun 1, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mystrias - May 20, 2021

155 by Salah_og »»
May 31, 10:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.