Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 16, 2021 4:26 AM

Sep 2011
God I really wished Emma was dead on that time. She always drives me nuts with her stupid optimism. I am not saying she or they should be pessimistic but be realistic. Norman and Ray are right, that they will still decide to consume humans even if drank the evil-blood thing. Look at Sonju as he is the best example.

Apr 19, 2021 11:20 AM
Oct 2019
old man demon and his grandaughter was unexpected. did he hide that ability from his family so that they wouldn't be hunted down by the nobles? pretty nice twist, but i need better explanation here

i can't fault norman for being human. he's trying to slaughter an entire town of families and children. but he sees they have human-like emotions and love for one another. it's going to mess with you

more humans doing naruto anbu black ops jumping skills... so dumb

i don't think this season is bad at all (7/10). i just get annoyed with exposition (like the scene where emma tells the whole "family" that she's going searching for mujika and sonju, and they spend literally 7 minutes of episode time on that discussion...) and stupid feelings (being enraged because demons experimented on you and ate people you know = normal, being sad and talking to a fucking wall and expecting me to feel sorry for you = bad storytelling)
HagePotPotatoApr 19, 2021 11:23 AM
Apr 23, 2021 4:39 PM

Mar 2014
Damn, so the old man in the temple wasn't just a worshipper of the Evil Blood... he had it too. Must've been one of the few survivors when the nobles purged their sect. Either it's a crazy coincidence his granddaughter is named Emma too, or he named her after her.

Norman's really gone a very dark path "all for his family" huh. I can kinda see why people are getting mad at the pacing. They probably could've done an entire season on Norman working to escape Lambda. The true depths of the horrors committed to the kids there. That haunting hallway with demons eating kids on one side, and screwed up test subjects in the playroom on the other. How the hell did he sneak all the parts to make a bomb? Where did he place it for maximum efficacy? Did they slaughter all the workers and messed up test subjects? Where did they get those iron rods to subdue the surviving demons and interrogate them? What was the significance of that pen that one of the human workers gave Norman, and did that mean some of the humans there had hope that someone like Norman would come along to change things? I get that they could've overpowered them because of the experiments, but suspension of disbelief can only go so far when you gloss over so many details.
Apr 30, 2021 2:41 AM

Jul 2015
I wonder what the deal was with that Lambda overseer James Ratri which if I recall correctly was the actual name of William Minerva. Seems Norman went through a lot and has gone through with the plan but only just started to understand the weight of his plan.

May 26, 2021 12:13 AM

Jun 2017
OMG!!! This episode is epic! would people still call this anime bad? I'm so totally fine with it not following the manga. The manga was trash anyhow.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jun 15, 2021 9:25 PM

Mar 2015
Norman is human after all!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 24, 2021 3:29 PM
Oct 2019
Best episode of the season. I loved the music choice
Oct 27, 2021 11:41 AM

Jun 2016
Whilst away getting Sonju and Mujika, Norman enacted his plan to poison the demon village. He, however, appears to be having second thoughts about it, eh.

Wow, Ray, Emma and Sonju got to that village fast. Were Sonju and Mujika really that close all-along, lol.

What happened to Norman was short and sweet. They could have shown more, but I think it would be meaningless. It was a lab; they were experimented on. That's kinda all you need to know, tbh.

Dec 29, 2021 2:14 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Why bother, when the damage has already been done.
Jan 25, 2022 9:24 PM

Sep 2011
8 episodes in and honestly its not that bad. Not a manga reader, but from an anime perspective its definitely not terrible as many has said.
Mar 14, 2022 8:54 AM

Apr 2016
The beginning had glimpses of how entertaining the first season but the rest it just the same awfulness this season has been delivering.

Why did Emma and Ray went with Gilda and Don if they were not going to do anything and they left the rest of the kids by themself but then is not like there is any danger for any of these kids.

The Emma scene was stupid.
May 11, 2022 10:03 PM
Apr 2022
I really don’t like the girl with the dumb pink highlights that eats demons. I just hate her style. She kinda ruined my mood. Also Norman is Norman Yeager!!!!! I was NOT expecting him to pull an Eren! This was a great episode because I can’t wait to see the next one! I love Ray and Emma, and Don looks so cute with his hair grown out lol. I really hope that Mujika is a good person and not evil because Normans is becoming pretty heartless. Does he have tuberculosis? Since he was a sickly child, or is it the effects of the testing at some point?
Jun 30, 2022 10:04 PM

Nov 2012
loll defo the pacing is a problem, things that seem interesting glossed over and rushed through.

It makes absolutely no sense that norman and his squad would walk through the town of infected demons (even the degenerated ones would easily kill them surely? as they were all killing and eating each other). But Norman particularly who we know is sick and frail is walking round with a katana? lmao, and then he's even taking it upon himself to execute two weaker demons? The plan makes sense if they're waiting for all the degenerated demons to kill each other off, but why are they walking around vulnerable in that chaos? You'd assume they'd at least wait until after the initial massacre to survey the area.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Sep 11, 2022 5:51 AM

Nov 2021
The anime original scenes in this episode are actually good additions, if only the story followed the manga. With proper pacing and original scenes included this would be so good. Shame
Oct 3, 2023 10:54 AM

Jun 2023
ok wow this episode was amazing. i was surprised seeing so many low ratings because i was so happy to have norman back. i loved the way they used the music to show devastation in the village. probably one of my favourites this season.
Dec 22, 2023 7:26 PM
Dec 2021
… in which Norman's dramatic ass causes so many problems, and then realizes the consequences of his actions through sheer astronomical coincidence
Jan 3, 1:20 PM

Dec 2022
Norman must be confident that the cannibal demons aren't attacking him as well. Newfound hunger for their own kind or not, I doubt they've lost their appetite for humans either.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 5, 4:13 AM

Nov 2023
Norman's room ain't really looking half bad, I guess they forgot to clean the Eren virus so now poor guy got infected
Feb 15, 11:51 AM
Jan 2024
La historia del escape de norman está llena de conveniencias. Después, el ataque a los demonios, también. Pir qué hacerlo en el 4to día y no en el primero? Además, cómo es eso de que en seguida vuelven del bosque a la ciudad.
En fin. Tampoco estuvo tan mal, lo disfruté pero estoy enojado porque la temporada 1 apuntaba a ser una obra maestra, y la 2 apunta a ser un anime promedio.
PD: DÓNDE ESTÁ ISABELLA???? ESTUVE TODA LA TEMPORADA QUERIENDO QUE SE DESARROLLE ESE PERSONAJE Y SÓLO TUVO UNA ESCENA EN LA QUE PROMETE ATRAPAR A LOS CHICOS Y VUELVE A DESAPARECER!!!
Quedan sólo tres episodios y todavía no sabemos nada de phil ni isabella. Pinta a que va a ser un acelerón en el que dejan un montón de cosas inconclusas.
Le puse 3/5
Feb 15, 11:55 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to Flexstyle
Rejoice anime watchers, I do not hate this episode!

The anime original scenes e.g. the massacre at the demon town was good. When Norman turned and Emma’s perception is child Norman was cool. The soundtracks during the massacre elevated the unsettling feeling of demons overloading & eating each other.

The anime made the demons more sympathetic and Norman conflicted with his decision to kill the demons, whereas manga Norman poisoned most of the town no hesitation.

Note: Manga Norman is older and he weren’t there when he poisoned the demon town because it was only a diversion to his main objective. I doubt the anime will mention
since there’s only three episodes left.

What I didn’t like:

Norman and gang’s time at Lamba was rushed.

Emma’s magical fast travel to stop Norman. The group was days away and you expect me to believe Emma and Co. saw what was happening and got their in a few hours? (being generous)

The demon girl being named Emma. I get what the writers was going for but it’s too on the nose like Martha in BvS.
@Flexstyle
- SAVE (...) MMMMARTHAAAAA
- WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!
- IT'S HIS MOTHER'S NAME!!
- Oh, that explains everything. Let's be pals from now on.
Mar 5, 2:45 PM
Mar 2021
The moment I thought season can't get any worse and it was all about skipping insane amount of manga parts, this episode proved me wrong by terrible writting. From marvelous S1, binging it, to hoping I would never come back to this series. Fascinating how things can be ruined in such a short time...
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jan 6, 2021

309 by Kyyuki »»
Jun 2, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

507 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:48 AM

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

a0o-kun - Mar 10, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 20, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.