Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 14, 2021 5:40 PM
Aug 2020
I want to know if season 4 is actually going to be a great season. S2 was such a dissapointment and S3 was just mid at best. Danmachi has been going downhill after S1 and I want to know if there's anything good to come for this series.
Feb 14, 2021 7:21 PM

Oct 2019
Danmachi suffers what most LN do: Rushed pacing and Cut Content.
Regardless of what many Youtubers say (Yet another Isekai/Fantasy Thrash), the series is more than that. Being one of the most popular LN right now and has been for the last years.
The Anime removes too much content, at the end of the day Anime is just glorified marketing strategies to increase source material sales, hence Danmachi Anime going downhill.
Regarding your question, ¿Is there anything good coming?
Yes, but it depends.
It will come down to how much they adapt and how they do it.
From V12 and on, the story focuses in developing Bell through big ordeals and also a major Arc for one of the fan’s favorite character in the main spotlight.
After that Arc is completed, the current one begins (If they decide to continue adapting the LN this would be S5) which is about Freya’s Familia.
However if the Anime speed runs everything then the experience will be ruined.
For the people who have read the LN the mistakes are even more apparent that is why most of them would encourage you to read it instead of watching the show.
Feb 14, 2021 7:36 PM
Aug 2020
RandomGuyScott said:
Regardless of what many Youtubers say (Yet another Isekai/Fantasy Thrash), the series is more than that. Being one of the most popular LN right now and has been for the last years.
The Anime removes too much content, at the end of the day Anime is just glorified marketing strategies to increase source material sales, hence Danmachi Anime going downhill.
Yes, but it depends.
From V12 and on, the story focuses in developing Bell through big ordeals and also a major Arc for one of the fan’s favorite character in the main spotlight.
After that Arc is completed, the current one begins (If they decide to continue adapting the LN this would be S5) which is about Freya’s Familia.
For the people who have read the LN the mistakes are even more apparent that is why most of them would encourage you to read it instead of watching the show.
Thanks for your response. The studio really needs to stop cutting out content in the anime and make it more than 12 episodes per season. That's what Danmachi is suffering from. Not enough episodes for all of the content to be adapted.
Feb 14, 2021 7:46 PM
Oct 2020
Tisk Tisk... these seasons needed to be 24/26 ep per season. Other then Konosuba (which is a dormant franchise now because of a low episode count/plot stagnation) no other good isekai/fantasy has 13 ep seasons. Imagine Re or RTSH with 13 ep seasons. Even SAO (which I dont like but you have to respect its contributions to anime) has 26 ep seasons. Tower of God was probably the best out of the Korean 3 but the problem was the 13 episode season was barely even a prologue. I swear Id pay $15 a month if it meant that even 75% of seasonal shows used the 26 ep format when appropriate. IK ToG isnt an isekai/fantasy lol
Feb 15, 2021 9:29 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
medievalknight12 said:
I want to know if season 4 is actually going to be a great season. S2 was such a dissapointment and S3 was just mid at best. Danmachi has been going downhill after S1 and I want to know if there's anything good to come for this series.

I will have to disagree, S3 was really enjoyable, that said, I m bias since I know the source material, and this was definitely JCStaff best effort thus far.
Contrary to what a lot of people will say, I didn't enjoy S1 that much, the last volume, LN vol 5 was meh, and the same can be said for that season-ending.

Whereas season 3 was much more focused and emotional.

The source material is of course much better, but this adaptation was already much better than anything the studios has been doing for a LONG time.

Season 4 will be even more serious but anime onlies have to understand you are totally at the mercy of a studio with a bad reputation in these past years, so DONT expect anything.
Feb 18, 2021 4:17 AM

Aug 2014
RandomGuyScott said:
Yes, but it depends.

Honestly you can really blame them for keep adapting mediocrity.

First of all if I had to be honest with myself having a sequel these days is a good thing to hear.
But then what comes next is cutting corner because Adapting LN is a tough shit to do.

Then again, no other studio would even make a contract to continue the adaptation.

Majority of producer or studio already know that continuing adaptation will not benefit them that much unless the anime is a big hit which danmachi never was.
It was only temporary highlights that season and that's just it.

JC Staff also mainly focused on things like Index which suffer even more than Danmachi are.

Now looking on different perspective, even some of the most popular anime such as NGNL didn't get a sequel adaptation.

As you said. In the end, unless it's original or dedicated like SAO adaptation with some budget in their hand or The studio is KyoAni/Ufotable tier, then Anime itself is just one big advertisement that barely gain any profit to the studio that working itself.
XaelathFeb 18, 2021 4:28 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

222 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 27, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

121 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 27, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

72 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 27, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

91 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 27, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 20, 2020

183 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 27, 12:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.