Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 30, 2021 3:31 PM
Feb 2019
I like this anime but I'm starting to find Legoshi boring, as a main character he's not doing much to keep me motivated nor entertained, the conversations with him are also awkward so he can't hold a proper conversation for too long because he starts stuttering, repeating the same thing over and over or takes forever to finish a freaking sentence. Legoshi is the most awkward character in the anime IMHO. He's a good guy no doubt but boring nonetheless.

What about you guys, do you find Legoshi entertaining or boring?
Jan 30, 2021 4:57 PM
Mar 2020
I’m going to assume this is up-to-date (episode 4) but I’m not really sure I can agree with you on the idea of Legoshi being a “boring” character. I completely agree on the fact that he is awkward as that has and is an established character trait of his. Season 1 essentially acted as Legoshi’s development in coming to terms with his own ferocity and animalistic tendencies, as well as in trying to become more confident around Haru - his eventual realisation of their relationship in episode 3 is evidence of this.

Despite coming to terms with the fact he is what he is, that being a wolf, he hasn’t completely come to terms with the fact that others would be entirely comfortable with it. So, although he’s putting himself out there for others, evidence of the fact he’s picking up the investigation - he’s still reserved around other animals as he still acknowledges that he is, above all, a feared carnivore and predator, and rightfully so.

His inability to decide whether or not he wants to accept himself around others as opposed to on his own is pretty compelling in my opinion for him as a character, and the revelations he comes to by himself in episode 4 is once more evidence of this (why exactly he decided to uncover Tem’s killer, and why exactly he can’t bear to stay at Cherryton even when Jack is visibly distraught by his recent behaviour. You complain about his awkwardness and Jack literally mentions it himself).

So, no I don’t think Legoshi is boring at all. I can however, as I said to begin with, agree on the fact that he’s awkward - even a little too much at times. It acts as good juxtaposition between his character and personality versus Louis’. Hope a second opinion helps you reflect.

-StxDii
Jan 30, 2021 5:12 PM
Feb 2019
StxDii said:
I’m going to assume this is up-to-date (episode 4) but I’m not really sure I can agree with you on the idea of Legoshi being a “boring” character. I completely agree on the fact that he is awkward as that has and is an established character trait of his. Season 1 essentially acted as Legoshi’s development in coming to terms with his own ferocity and animalistic tendencies, as well as in trying to become more confident around Haru - his eventual realisation of their relationship in episode 3 is evidence of this.

Despite coming to terms with the fact he is what he is, that being a wolf, he hasn’t completely come to terms with the fact that others would be entirely comfortable with it. So, although he’s putting himself out there for others, evidence of the fact he’s picking up the investigation - he’s still reserved around other animals as he still acknowledges that he is, above all, a feared carnivore and predator, and rightfully so.

His inability to decide whether or not he wants to accept himself around others as opposed to on his own is pretty compelling in my opinion for him as a character, and the revelations he comes to by himself in episode 4 is once more evidence of this (why exactly he decided to uncover Tem’s killer, and why exactly he can’t bear to stay at Cherryton even when Jack is visibly distraught by his recent behaviour. You complain about his awkwardness and Jack literally mentions it himself).

So, no I don’t think Legoshi is boring at all. I can however, as I said to begin with, agree on the fact that he’s awkward - even a little too much at times. It acts as good juxtaposition between his character and personality versus Louis’. Hope a second opinion helps you reflect.

-StxDii

I just finished episode 4 right now and while I respect your opinion about his character I still find Legoshi's personality boring compared to the rest of the characters. Hopefully his personality will change after episode 4 because this seems to be a critical episode for his development and if he reverts back to his boring personality then that would suck.
Jan 30, 2021 5:21 PM

Apr 2020
First of all....REALLY? He's awkward?^^
Dude , that is like his essential character-trait. That's what he's trying to change, that is what he's struggeling with. It's the whole idea of his Story.......So I don't know why you're surprised about it, mid second Season xD

okay...back to the main point:
What exactly is so boring about him? Apart from the stuttering thing, you mentioned.

Him morphing from an ordinary Kid into some sort of Yakuza slaying demon? (First Season)

Or is it him morphing into some kind of detective, trying to solve a murder mystery, encountering dangerous foes along the way, while trying to grow strong and to win the heart of his crush? (Second Season)

These are not boring things...
I can't relate...
Merve2LoveJan 30, 2021 5:25 PM
Jan 30, 2021 5:49 PM
Feb 2019
Merve2Love said:
What exactly is so boring about him? Apart from the stuttering thing, you mentioned.

Him morphing from an ordinary Kid into some sort of Yakuza slaying demon? (First Season)

Or is it him morphing into some kind of detective, trying to solve a murder mystery, encountering dangerous foes along the way, while trying to grow strong and to win the heart of his crush? (Second Season)

I can't relate...

I don't want him to be a Yakuza slaying demon because that part was really dumb IMHO, how the hell a panda and a wolf defeats a whole army of armed lions? that's my only complaint about season 1, I would have given that season a 9/10 but the yakuza rescue scene was extremely bad and lazy so I ended up giving season 1 a 8/10 because everything else was great in it.

I don't want him to be a detective either, just a change of personality is all I ask for. Apart from the stuterring I want him to have an interesting personality because his current personality is simply boring for me, he acts way too "beta" at times, a main character needs to keep me engaged or interested with an interesting script and he's obviously failing this part because he has the worst script compared to the rest of the characters IMHO so I want him to man up and act like an "alpha" or simply stop the stuterring and get to the point quickly in your converstations because sometimes he takes too long to finish a sentence and this is already bad for me, I don't need main characters like that, if people have fun with those type of main characters then good for them but not everyone is going to be happy with it.

Jan 30, 2021 5:56 PM

Apr 2020
Resus-2 said:
Merve2Love said:

I can't relate...

I don't want him to be a Yakuza slaying demon because that part was really dumb IMHO, how the hell a panda and a wolf defeats a whole army of armed lions? that's my only complaint about season 1, I would have given that season a 9/10 but the yakuza rescue scene was extremely bad and lazy so I ended up giving season 1 a 8/10 because everything else was great in it.

I don't want him to be a detective either, just a change of personality is all I ask for. Apart from the stuterring I want him to have an interesting personality because his current personality is simply boring for me, he acts way too "beta" at times, a main character needs to keep me engaged or interested with an interesting script and he's obviously failing this part because he has the worst script compared to the rest of the characters IMHO so I want him to man up and act like an "alpha" or simply stop the stuterring and get to the point quickly in your converstations because sometimes he takes too long to finish a sentence and this is already bad for me, I don't need main characters like that, if people have fun with those type of main characters then good for them but not everyone is going to be happy with it.

You start loosing me there. I thought that was great.
But whether it was or it wasn't

He's not boring. And I think you're missing the point by calling him "beta"....cause that is what he chooses to be. As a strong, powerful carnivore, he chooses to hide himself and is only now starting to use that Power to protect people. He grows.

That is what makes him such a good character, for me.

The script is genius. It's not failing. It makes sense in the world Legosi lives in. You're complaint about his character is extremely flat. I think everything about Legosi was extremely well thought out.

I would argue, you just prefer more straight forward, confident characters, thats all. Nothing to do with him beeing boring, tho^^
Jan 30, 2021 6:14 PM
Feb 2019
Merve2Love said:
You start loosing me there. I thought that was great.
But whether it was or it wasn't

He's not boring. And I think you're missing the point by calling him "beta"....cause that is what he chooses to be. As a strong, powerful carnivore, he chooses to hide himself and is only now starting to use that Power to protect people. He grows.

That is what makes him such a good character, for me.

The script is genius. It's not failing. It makes sense in the world Legosi lives in. You're complaint about his character is extremely flat. I think everything about Legosi was extremely well thought out.

I would argue, you just prefer more straight forward, confident characters, thats all. Nothing to do with him beeing boring, tho^^

Ok buddy this is the point where we have to agree to disagree because we will never reach a conclusion here.

It's fine if you like the character but don't tell me that the script is genius (because it isn't) or that Legoshi is not "boring", yes he is, he is boring and you can't tell me he's not because it's my opinion and our opinions about this is subjective so neither of us are wrong about it.

I may agree on your last statement though, yes you can argue that I prefer more straight forward confident characters but this isn't always the case. I'm fine with "beta" main characters as long as their script is interesting but this isn't the case with Legoshi, his script is simply boring for me.
Jan 31, 2021 2:36 AM
Jul 2020
Resus-2 said:
I like this anime but I'm starting to find Legoshi boring, as a main character he's not doing much to keep me motivated nor entertained, the conversations with him are also awkward so he can't hold a proper conversation for too long because he starts stuttering, repeating the same thing over and over or takes forever to finish a freaking sentence. Legoshi is the most awkward character in the anime IMHO. He's a good guy no doubt but boring nonetheless.

Firstly, what is your definitions of being "boring"? Because if others people feel the character to be intriguing there might be something different in your definition of "boring" characters. In terms of characterization, legoshi isn't a likeable character(kind off), but he is the relatable one for some people. Relatable doesn't share the same meaning as likeable, vice versa. I think people relate for him because it's reminds them of their younger self, especially at their awkward stage in middle school and high school(and legoshi is still a high school student tho). If you looks closely in society, you'll find a lot of people that act awkwardly like legoshi, well in beastars, they try to humanize animal with adding the human personality and characters to it. People tend to love imperfect character than the perfect one because it feels so grounded and natural, they like how the reality depicted in this medium with this kind of story. And beastars is coming-of-age story, there's no point if he's been perfect since the beginning of the show.
Jan 31, 2021 2:42 AM
Feb 2018
Resus-2 said:

Man I think that Legoshi it's not fully characterized yet. BEASTARS is an anime based on the psichology of the characters and their evolution, so I think we have to wait for the end of the season, or just read de manga like I'm doing rn, to give a full opinion about they.
Legoshi it's a character born to be a "good wolf", not a stereotype of a "bad wolf", the author wanted to create a semi-static character surrounded by people jealous, angry and in love with him despite his will to live a peaceful life without interact too much with the others.
BEASTARS is a work that talk of humanity utilizing animals.
I think that with this strange gray wolf Paru want to say something to us.
Feb 3, 2021 7:08 AM

Apr 2016
legoshi is not boring at all to me. his conflicting feelings on herbivores and awareness of social class makes him super interesting to watch. so many anime mcs are driven by crazy willpower that comes out of nowhere but legoshi is driven by his cognitive dissonance as a carnivore and his fetish or sympathy for herbivores. he is the idealized version of a perverted borderline aspie but instead of being a gross sweaty human he's a sexy wolf man. miss paru knows what she's doing
coffeedelusionFeb 3, 2021 7:13 AM
moe moe ichijou seiya

Feb 3, 2021 3:13 PM

Jul 2013
Resus-2 said:

I really like Legoshi. He has been awkward since the beginning. That's the point of the character, a timid and awkward person with a good heart and strong physical capability. I personally don't find it boring. His character development has been really engaging.

Althoigh if you compare it to other hyper anime characters, I can see why you would call him boring. Imo, main characters don't need to always be flashy or quirky.
Feb 3, 2021 7:07 PM

Apr 2019
thirtysecondhigh said:
legoshi is not boring at all to me. his conflicting feelings on herbivores and awareness of social class makes him super interesting to watch. so many anime mcs are driven by crazy willpower that comes out of nowhere but legoshi is driven by his cognitive dissonance as a carnivore and his fetish or sympathy for herbivores.

^^^

Also during episode 5, he tries to restrain himself from eating meat at all. He's hella interesting. Him being socially awkward is another thing he's trying to overcome. Watching him always has me on the edge of my seat.

Feb 4, 2021 12:48 PM

Nov 2014
Well, I like him mainly because he interest me as a character and that I relate so much with him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2021 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
Legoshi's contradicting struggle with both primal instincts and morality is some really intriguing stuff to me, and him combating them every episode is really fun to watch. I don't think he's boring at all.
Feb 5, 2021 8:47 AM

Jan 2017
His awkwardness is the prime reason why I find him entertaining tbh. Literally reminds me of a close friend. It's actually pretty cute ngl.
Feb 5, 2021 8:49 PM

May 2019
Hmm I thought he is really funny guy. The awkwardness is what makes his character stands out. I keep smiling every single time he speaks lol. And he is also very relatable in a very unique way.

Feb 6, 2021 11:52 AM

Mar 2020
At first glance Legoshi looks like a pretty boring character; however, as you get deeper and deeper into the show he definitely becomes an interesting and intriguing character.
Feb 8, 2021 2:21 AM

May 2018
For me, Legoshi is kinda relatable and interesting. But starting with this season, I think he should mature a bit faster than it is going on now.

Mar 6, 2021 7:57 PM
Feb 2016
Resus-2 said:

If you dont found interesting him now, less later, after this arc his character went shit, later start acting as self hating carnivore cuck..

He is a horrible protagonist and bad written character

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

201 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ringare - Jan 5, 2021

133 by JubalinaBingBing »»
May 6, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

102 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.