Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2020 7:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Onsen episode with an old audience... nobody laughed because of the girls and I relate to them, it wasn't funny at all it was cringe, even the last part where everybody laughed was cringe, but the only good thing about this episode was the guy singing Mirakurun at the beginning.
Nov 1, 2020 8:18 AM

Aug 2012
This episode made me realize two things: they suck and that gag is for old people.
Nov 1, 2020 8:39 AM

Jul 2017
Back to being genuine boringness and cringe...even I've watched stand-up comedies done better than this.

A hot springs episode for the main quad to further progress their comedy repertiore, but with a change of audience: elderly people. WELP to say the least that their content didn't have anyone laughing, and their performance was sub-par at best. Sorry, but just saying that "it's cringe" doesn't fit the bill from here on out.

At least Freak!'s comedy wasn't such a comedy, but of understanding their core audience and adapting to the change of material. That is a good point of measure that unfortunately the main quad girls still are lacking in.

The best thing I can sum this episode is in Mafuyu's words: "It was like performing to a pack of Tibetian foxes!" I genuinely chuckled at that.
KANLen09Nov 8, 2020 4:18 AM
Nov 1, 2020 8:54 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Looks like the girls realized their inexperienced against a different age gap audiences. That old man looks like me when listening their cheap act. Lol.

But these episode looks more fun than before. A minor foodgasm service, a nice little bath session, its cute ngl. Then the capybara one mention. I am surely enjoyed the capybara anime on these season, so thanks for the remainder, girl xd. Then the old tibetan foxes lol. That expression, its really me xD ...

I think this is better in terms of entertainment than before, its increased my level of satisfaction a bit With that kind of progression. So, i really looking forward to see their development at the next episode. Could they overcome the difficult situations, and be more serious about their 'business'? Lets see the next one!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 1, 2020 10:24 AM

Sep 2019
I relate to that sleeping guy...
Nov 1, 2020 11:15 AM

Mar 2019
well...i really liked the jokes from the senpais about the old age...although I am not that old yet, I have the feeling that the old people can really laugh about those dark humor. But I mean as long as they are happy, everything is fine.

Well experience is important here as well for sure. Keep practice and performing.
Nov 4, 2020 1:01 AM

Mar 2018
Ehh, changing your neta according to the audience is manzai's 101 tho? I thought the main girls are somewhat experienced at this, just unpopular. But this episode confirmed that they're total noobs. Well, this leaves more room for development but I don't think I want to see same old "bank raid" and "cake buffet" neta again and again with some twists here and there like a one-trick pony. They better step up.

Welp, back to Touhou M-1 Grand Prix for a better manzai I guess.

Nov 4, 2020 11:29 PM

Oct 2008
The pros could really handle this since they're experienced!
well they could learn from observing others and failures as well.
4/5.

Nov 9, 2020 6:16 AM

Oct 2017
Uwaaaah that went so bad, sorta feel bad for them.
Nov 14, 2020 11:59 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Is it weird that I'd actually rather follow Hatsuna and Tomita's story right now? I mean, to be honest, we don't get a lot of stories about older people or just folks beyond a certain age who are trying to break into some type of creative business I guess. I guess the story of two slightly older nerds trying to do what they love comes off as more inspiring. Perhaps it's my age that's speaking though... but at the same time, they already get a lot of screen time for folks who aren't even on the key visual. BUT, I just looked into the characters and now know that they're based on a real comedy group and there was a cameo of another comedy group before-- but somehow I picked up that it was probably a cameo by the way they were drawn. But I guess for Tomita and Hatsuna, since they're pretty involved in the plot, I didn't think they were cameos, so that's a surprise to me. That being said akfsdkg why'd they make Hatsuna look so old?? She's only 28 and even in the anime they put her in her 20's. Dang They have her looking like she's in her late 30's when in real life she totally just looks like a young 28 year old.;;

But anyway, I'm fine with how things are. I like that our main girls are learning. Everyone's learning.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 18, 2021 3:13 AM

Jul 2015
I resonate with the reactions of those old folks. The four girls really messed up their jokes considering its geared to a different type of audience. Hopefully a good learning experience wheere they can take a note or two from their senpai.

Dec 14, 2022 10:54 PM

Dec 2020
haruhi suzumiya mikuru song at the beginning? Love it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maesetsu! Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 27, 2020

16 by Lolicon »»
Feb 25, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Maesetsu! Episode 6 Discussion

Ashhk - Nov 15, 2020

10 by Muow »»
Dec 15, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Maesetsu! Episode 1 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Oct 7, 2020

34 by Muow »»
Dec 13, 2022 8:05 AM

» Why Does This Have A Low Rating?

Roderick24_ - Nov 26, 2022

2 by KayKimii »»
Nov 27, 2022 2:09 AM

Poll: » Maesetsu! Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 13, 2020

11 by 9112001 »»
Sep 20, 2022 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.