Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 21, 2020 6:47 AM
Feb 2018
Is there any way to verify this? There are bots upvoting the negative reviews especially one that has been made a week ago all of sudden it’s in the top 3
BrandsertOct 21, 2020 7:06 AM
Oct 21, 2020 7:52 AM
Jul 2018
Brandsert said:
Is there any way to verify this? There are bots upvoting the negative reviews especially one that has been made a week ago all of sudden it’s in the top 3

Just ignore them; they… might be legit.
removed-userOct 21, 2020 8:05 AM
Oct 21, 2020 8:13 AM

Jun 2016
How are you so sure they're bots?
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Oct 21, 2020 9:23 AM
Jul 2020
Very random but, how do u actually upvote a review?
Oct 22, 2020 10:03 AM

Apr 2016
is MAL what do you expect.This site is full of bots..

Oct 23, 2020 9:21 AM

Jan 2020
Any proof of it?
Some of the reviews are made by popular users, no surprise they have so much support like the one with most upvotes, he's a popular elitist.

Anyways, MAL's new system denies participation in scoring/upvoting/etc options to any potential bot/fake account since the Ishuzoku Reviewers thing, so you don't have to worry about them.
Now talking about why people upvote WoU 2's negative reviews more, honestly, it deserves it.
Nov 3, 2020 11:44 AM

Feb 2012
Reinheit_Hezen said:
Any proof of it?Some of the reviews are made by popular users, no surprise they have so much support like the one with most upvotes, he's a popular elitist.
No, he's actually a well known popular botter. Most of his reviews are just bad, and I mean "objectively lying about the anime's content" level of bad. Ofc many others do the same "let's give this popular anime a ridiculous score in 2-4 range so the haters mob will keep the review upvoted after I've finished botting to the top 4". The review contents don't even matter as long as it doesn't get removed by a moderator: it works.
It's a trend that started with the "Not Helpful" button removal coupled with preliminary reviews filtering, since that made botting several times more effective.

You want to know an actual popular reviewer? Stark700. He had the top 4 review in most seasonal anime for years, then the new system drop and now he can barely make top 10...

Reinheit_Hezen said:
Anyways, MAL's new system denies participation in scoring/upvoting/etc options to any potential bot/fake account since the Ishuzoku Reviewers thing
That doesn't apply to reviews, only to anime. Also botters already have found a way to circumvent it, so it worked basically ONLY for Ishuzoku Reviewers.
PKXNov 3, 2020 11:48 AM
Humans are suspicious and jealous creatures. When they see something perfect, they wanna find a flaw.

Ratohnhaketon said:
You have much to learn if you have not joined the witch hunt to down vote every anime that rises above our underrated favorites. I am currently on a campaign to get Training with Hinako into the top 12. Shit taste is hard to fight though, it's like trying to talk sense to an army of hallucinating loonies.
Ty-Ki said:
It's hilarious to see morons wasting more time with the series they hate so much than the fans of it.
Nov 3, 2020 5:25 PM

Jan 2020
PKX said:
No, he's actually a well known popular botter. Most of his reviews are just bad, and I mean "objectively lying about the anime's content" level of bad. Ofc many others do the same "let's give this popular anime a ridiculous score in 2-4 range so the haters mob will keep the review upvoted after I've finished botting to the top 4".

How do you know who uses bots and who don't? You have access to MAL's private servers and can see every single account? It's not surprise that this kind of users have many upvotes for the reasons you said (haters) or because of the user's blindly loyal fanbase that even follow them on social media. Besides, again, that guy is a well know elitist, of course his mean score is kinda low and I don't thing a 5 (what MAL's average rating SHOULD BE, not 7) is ridiculous despite disagreeing with most of his reviews...and bro, not saying this with bad intentions, but you aren't one to talk about scores. 350 days in anime and a 7 as mean score; in manga you almost have a perfect 10.
Of course there are lots of botters, but to call anyone without proofs a botter just because you disagree or has a fanbase that upvotes him blindly and fast...

PKX said:

That doesn't apply to reviews, only to anime.

If that's so, anonymity should be removed so people can identify botters easily with obvious proofs, but I don't expect so much about this website's management.
Nov 5, 2020 5:14 PM
Sep 2020
Well, I don't think their bots. I've heard that a lot of people hate SAO for some reason. but in my opinon, I love SAO. It's a 10 for me.

You can roast me for liking SAO, I don't care lol.
Nov 5, 2020 6:55 PM

Jul 2020
Just ignore them op.Why do you care about reviews?SAO is already popular and many people are gonna watch it.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Aug 15, 2020

303 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

210 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2020

222 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.