Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 6, 2020 12:49 AM

May 2020
How was Kirito able to survive 200 years in the underworld, since Asuna is a goddess, her pulling it off seems obvious, but what about him? And how were they able to retain their memories of all the people from the real world even after spending 200 years in the underworld (Kirito immediately recognizes Alice, and later Higa too). Wouldn't that seem pretty onerous after all we saw that Quinella had to do to herself? Did they use some similar kind of arts on themselves and were asleep most of the time? If so, then why did it seem that they had been in the duty of king and queen for a long time? (Kirito casually calling Asuna, queen, infront of Alice and Kikuoka)

What do you people think?
ShizokamiOct 6, 2020 12:55 AM
Oct 8, 2020 5:52 PM
Jul 2008
I don't read the novel so this is just my guess.

Artificial Fluctlights has very limited capacity. Let's say it has 1GB capacity while real human has 1TB capacity. Artificial Fluctlight will perish if they reach the capacity. That's another reason why the Quinella kept on resetting the Knights memories so they can live eternally.

If Quinella do it to herself, it means that she will lose her sense of self. That's why she wanted to divide her 'storage' to her copy, the Cardinal.
Oct 9, 2020 1:29 AM

May 2020
LeonLanford said:

Artificial Fluctlights has very limited capacity. Let's say it has 1GB capacity while real human has 1TB capacity. Artificial Fluctlight will perish if they reach the capacity. That's another reason why the Quinella kept on resetting the Knights memories so they can live eternally.

If Quinella do it to herself, it means that she will lose her sense of self. That's why she wanted to divide her 'storage' to her copy, the Cardinal.

I get why Quinella did all of that, but what I'm asking is what about Kirito? How does having more capacity than the artificial fluctlights help "them" to keep on living for 200 years?
Oct 9, 2020 3:24 AM
Jul 2008
Shizokami said:
LeonLanford said:

I get why Quinella did all of that, but what I'm asking is what about Kirito? How does having more capacity than the artificial fluctlights help "them" to keep on living for 200 years?

Although it was not explained(CMIIW I forgot), I guess having the capacity filled will make the Fluctlights perish. Otherwise Quinella would not be desperate when her storage was almost filled.

since Asuna is a goddess, her pulling it off seems obvious,

Asuna used the god account but her capacity is that of real human, no difference with Kirito.

Though I'm more concerned with how Leafa and Sinon were able to log out while Kirito and Asuna couldn't.
LeonLanfordOct 11, 2020 3:39 AM
Oct 9, 2020 3:32 AM
Sep 2008
The answer is quite simple because the plot demands it or because the author wants it, choose your favorite one.
Oct 14, 2020 4:20 AM

May 2016
LeonLanford said:
Though I'm more concerned with how Leafa and Sinon were able to log out while Kirito and Asuna couldn't.

they log in from branch office, the latency from satellite cant keep up with 5,000,000x acceleration rate thing so they'll automatically disconnect and logout. its in eps 7 16:00 i think
Oct 14, 2020 3:48 PM
Jul 2008
maxnone said:
LeonLanford said:

they log in from branch office, the latency from satellite cant keep up with 5,000,000x acceleration rate thing so they'll automatically disconnect and logout. its in eps 7 16:00 i think

Thanks! I missed that.

Oct 14, 2020 7:54 PM

May 2020
LeonLanford said:
maxnone said:

Thanks! I missed that.

Leafa and Sinon were automatically disconnected the moment maximum accelaration started, while in case of Kirito and Asuna, they "had" to be forced disconnected by Higa, after maximum accelaration started, which in turn would damage their fluctlights.
Regarding safe ejection of players after maximum accelaration started, it's just meant to be that way, in highly accelarated environment, ejecting the users "will" damage their fluctlights.
ShizokamiOct 14, 2020 9:11 PM
Nov 5, 2020 5:28 PM
Sep 2020
I wish we had a peek on what happened on the 200 years in the underworld. they're kinda virgins for not letting us see tbh.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.