Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Should I continue past episode 18
Sep 21, 2020 8:05 PM
Jul 2020
Heart broken fan of guilty crown here. Should I finish this show? The level of cringe and character regression was unbearable for me at episode 16 so I skipped it halfway through. Read the synopsis on what happened and then had to do the same thing in episode 17. Repeat 18. It’s absolutely unbearable to see this show fall apart so quickly. Shu is such an indecisive coward and then when he finally grows a spine he becomes a literal tyrant. All because he can’t handle the death of someone close to him, AGAIN (Ru situation, somewhat). He redeemed his character flaws in episode 12 when he rectified his inaction and hesitation. But how many times will a show force regression on a characters development. The relationship with inori feels so forced and nonorganic. I have lost all will to care about anyone and any outcome at this point. Arkada (glass reflection) summed it up very well in his review, which I recommend watching for anyone who likes spoiler free reviews. I don’t feel like I can bare to watch these late teen episodes but please if the payoff is worth it at the end, tell me to continue.
Sep 24, 2020 6:02 PM

Mar 2019
Really can't tell you as of now, I'm in the same boat (on episode 18), but I'll tell you when I finish it if it was worth it.

EDIT: Okay I have finished it, I didn't really enjoy the last few episodes, but I would still recommend finishing it for the ending.
PotimasSep 27, 2020 10:16 AM

Sep 24, 2020 6:21 PM

Aug 2018
Yeah continue it, if you thought its bad before the ending u will probably kill yourself when you see the ending. Imo its a great anime and I love it but most don't share that opinion. The ending was a huge disappointment though and everybody thinks so. The "final battle" was less than 5 minutes and the school part (when Shu takes over the school) is like 5 episodes long hahahaha.

Oct 10, 2020 2:42 AM

Aug 2019
Honestly it's your choice but i didn't like the 2nd half of the show. I can't force myself to re watch it again. I gave the series a 6 because it was fine wouldn't say it was amazing.
Oct 10, 2020 5:13 AM
Feb 2012
To be fair, although this anime is very similar to Code Geass, you should finish this series first and then watch Code Geass. You will definitely understand the difference of the two.

I just would like to point out that Code Geass is way better than Guilty Crown. Not even close. Moreover, it has 2 seasons and a movie; hence, more character developments and better storyline. Also better ending...

I understand that each anime is unique to itself, but Guilty Crown is basically just Code Geass enhanced with better CGI and songs.
Oct 10, 2020 9:10 AM
Jul 2020
Alphacchi said:
To be fair, although this anime is very similar to Code Geass, you should finish this series first and then watch Code Geass. You will definitely understand the difference of the two.

I just would like to point out that Code Geass is way better than Guilty Crown. Not even close. Moreover, it has 2 seasons and a movie; hence, more character developments and better storyline. Also better ending...

I understand that each anime is unique to itself, but Guilty Crown is basically just Code Geass enhanced with better CGI and songs.

I’ve heard similar remarks. I enjoyed GC for what it was. REALLY enjoyed it. That’s why I walked away after 18 bc I read up on what the last few episodes entailed. Even though the character development was shallow and some of the plot points didn’t make sense, I was still balls deep invested in where it went next. I recommend the first half to anime newcomers
Oct 10, 2020 9:23 AM
Feb 2012
JayWeeb33 said:
Alphacchi said:

I’ve heard similar remarks. I enjoyed GC for what it was. REALLY enjoyed it. That’s why I walked away after 18 bc I read up on what the last few episodes entailed. Even though the character development was shallow and some of the plot points didn’t make sense, I was still balls deep invested in where it went next. I recommend the first half to anime newcomers

So u didn't managed to watch 4 more episodes? It would be nice just to give you some closure for GC, ending is not bad at all.
However, bigger question is have you started watching Code Geass? Really looking forward to your reactions especially when u are going to compare it to GC.
Oct 10, 2020 10:16 AM
Jul 2020
Alphacchi said:
JayWeeb33 said:

So u didn't managed to watch 4 more episodes? It would be nice just to give you some closure for GC, ending is not bad at all.
However, bigger question is have you started watching Code Geass? Really looking forward to your reactions especially when u are going to compare it to GC.

I did not finish GC. Basically skimmed 17 and 18. The last full episode I watched was 16. Just became way too much of a cringe fest for me. I feel pretty good leaving it unwatchable as I pretty much know how it goes and I’d probably just roll my eyes the entire time if I saw it for myself. So my way of thinking is that the show just stopped at the halfway point and never continued lol. As for code geass, I’m really excited to watch it! I need to dedicate a whole weekend for it bc it seems like something that’s worth a binge, not an episode here and there throughout the week. I’m going into it expecting better story and poorer animation. Open for any suggestions or tips if you have them!

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.