Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 16, 2020 2:35 PM

Mar 2010
I"d fuck that robot Alice any day. I'd make the first babies AI. Ffs wheres my AI Robot waifu!!!!?????!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 16, 2020 7:28 PM
Jun 2020
there 1 thing that bothers me that ugly professor rinko? whatever said something about have familys with AI to be honest is she serious? can alice produce in her robot body a organic baby and can she have sex wtf
Sep 16, 2020 8:52 PM

Oct 2009
Maruseru93 said:
there 1 thing that bothers me that ugly professor rinko? whatever said something about have familys with AI to be honest is she serious? can alice produce in her robot body a organic baby and can she have sex wtf

I think she was meaning the fluctlights can reproduce in Underworld (or some similar virtual world). This was how Underworld was populated over time (with some of the Rath devs being involved with the first generation of people there). Pretty sure they can move fluctlights between Underworld and the real world, so Alice can dive back in, and they can pull new fluctlights out into new bodies once they make them.
Sep 16, 2020 8:59 PM

Oct 2009
I only read up to this point in the LN when it was fan-translated so I am going in blind for the last 60 pages being covered in these last 2 episodes. I am curious to see how Reki takes this forward. This looks like the best time to introduce movie #2 and have that lead into Moon Cradle or Unital Ring (I don't know what either of them are about).

Robot Alice looked a lot more detailed than I had imagined her to be in this episode; I thought she'd end up looking like Niemon (the robot that Kayaba's soul magically possessed to save Ocean Turtle). And again the execution may be a little off, but you really do see how close Kirito felt to Eugeo. It's nice seeing Reki flesh out the friendship element, but it is also a big change in direction that he's established already with Kirito's harem; I can see why many people up to this point roll their eyes at Eugeo because his friendship with Kirito isn't compatible with the harem relationships he's built with the rest of the female cast.
Sep 17, 2020 2:27 AM
Nov 2019
HectorBlaze said:
Silveraldi said:
As it stand, the Moon Cradle's arc may be skipped and they may end SAO series here or continue to the Unital Ring arc which the light novel is not yet finished. Well, its really sad to see my favorite anime going to be ended :(

They said they will animate all of SAO contents, so we’ll have an anime adaptation for Unital Ring someday. By the way, I think we’ll have a movie for Moon Cradle. Well, I hope for an anime adaptation of Progressive now, it would be great.
Well, i hope so but unital arc's still on progress. it will takes time i guess
Sep 17, 2020 5:38 AM

Aug 2010
This episode got me wanting for more.

Now I wonder how will the plot be twisting next.

I sense evil and corruption in the Government.
Post Office
Collection
Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2020 7:07 AM

Oct 2008
CLAP CLAP CLAP!
wow things are getting interesting again!
i hope SAO bashers calms down...lolz
5/5!

Sep 17, 2020 9:27 AM

May 2018
ok episode. Alice as an AI? She looks more human than the reporters lol
Sep 18, 2020 9:30 PM

Nov 2013
This was an outstanding episode!
Alice has such a regal dignity and super intelligence.
The copying of Kirito's consciousness opens a whole range of possibilities that make me really wonder if they are going to continue with another season. There's so much to explore there.
The last scene with Kirito and his step sister was reminiscent of the second to last episode of the original SAO series. A very touching moment. He's a wonderful soul who thinks through his actions for the best possible outcome for everyone.
Wonderful episode. Hard to believe the next one will be the last, forever.
Sep 18, 2020 11:34 PM
Aug 2018
No explanation given for WHY he wanted those 200 years worth of memories erased... It just doesn't make sense based on what we know.
I could understand if it was 200 years of hell or some terrible experience, but from what little was shown that doesn't seem to be the case.
Wouldn't it make more sense to for him to want to use the knowledge/experience/skills etc... he's acquired during his lifetime in underworld towards achieving his goals in the real world?
Not to mention the lifetimes worth of memories spent with Asuna and the people of underworld.

I suspect part of the reason is a convenient justification for keeping him as the same character he's always been. A 200 year older Kirito would be a completely different character. Wiser, smarter, stronger; not the Kirito from SAO we've always known. (I doubt THAT Kirito would be crying in his bed over a guy who died 200 years ago no matter how good of friends they were.)

Also, Alice suddenly having an artificial body real enough to be indistinguishable from flesh and blood humans? Where'd that come from? I don't recall any mention of robotics technology that advanced existing before in this series. If that's the case, the world of SAO is only a couple steps away from achieving human immortality through the use of cybernetic bodies. If you can transfer an artificial fluctlight into a physical body, why not a "real" one?
Sep 19, 2020 1:15 AM

Jun 2017
Chronos-san said:
No explanation given for WHY he wanted those 200 years worth of memories erased... It just doesn't make sense based on what we know.
I could understand if it was 200 years of hell or some terrible experience, but from what little was shown that doesn't seem to be the case.
Wouldn't it make more sense to for him to want to use the knowledge/experience/skills etc... he's acquired during his lifetime in underworld towards achieving his goals in the real world?
Not to mention the lifetimes worth of memories spent with Asuna and the people of underworld.

I suspect part of the reason is a convenient justification for keeping him as the same character he's always been. A 200 year older Kirito would be a completely different character. Wiser, smarter, stronger; not the Kirito from SAO we've always known. (I doubt THAT Kirito would be crying in his bed over a guy who died 200 years ago no matter how good of friends they were.)

Also, Alice suddenly having an artificial body real enough to be indistinguishable from flesh and blood humans? Where'd that come from? I don't recall any mention of robotics technology that advanced existing before in this series. If that's the case, the world of SAO is only a couple steps away from achieving human immortality through the use of cybernetic bodies. If you can transfer an artificial fluctlight into a physical body, why not a "real" one?

You answered your own question. Also keeping those memories would mean every memory of the real world would suddenly become 200 years older from Kirito's POV. He would hardly remember the daily life as he knows it. The disjointed chronological age and real age would be very inconvenient as well.
It wouldn't be too unbelievable to have a realistic looking robot considering that a futuristic tech like STL is already perfected in SAO's world. It is also a necessity to give Alice a similar looking body so as to not ruin her self image. Finding yourself suddenly in a robotic body that you can't recognize as your own would be traumatic.
Sep 19, 2020 10:49 AM
Aug 2018
Chrome_Falcon said:
Chronos-san said:

You answered your own question. Also keeping those memories would mean every memory of the real world would suddenly become 200 years older from Kirito's POV. He would hardly remember the daily life as he knows it. The disjointed chronological age and real age would be very inconvenient as well.
It wouldn't be too unbelievable to have a realistic looking robot considering that a futuristic tech like STL is already perfected in SAO's world. It is also a necessity to give Alice a similar looking body so as to not ruin her self image. Finding yourself suddenly in a robotic body that you can't recognize as your own would be traumatic.

I don't see how it would be that serious of a problem for Kirito and Asuna to return to the real world without reverting to their old selves.
From their perspective it would be as if they're returning to earth after having been away for a really long time. Sure, it would take some time to adjust back to their old lives, but their memories from life before underworld would likely all come back more clearly over time. (Even really old people in real life can often clearly remember things from when they were young.) It doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal in the long run.

On the other hand, erasing 200 years worth of their lives seems like an extreme course of action to take. It's essentially like committing suicide from their standpoint. The individuals that they are at that point in time with their memories and experiences will cease to exist.

Maybe the reasoning behind it will be explained in the upcoming episodes.
(Still, it seems like a wasted opportunity to take their character development in an interesting direction.)

Sep 19, 2020 11:20 AM

Jun 2017
Chronos-san said:

On the other hand, erasing 200 years worth of their lives seems like an extreme course of action to take. It's essentially like committing suicide from their standpoint. The individuals that they are at that point in time with their memories and experiences will cease to exist.
Agreed on that. We may get some reasoning in the future about it. Who knows?
Sep 19, 2020 3:24 PM
Apr 2020
Where do I even start SAO became more complicated and bigger.

Finally Alice is in the real-world acting like a normal human being. I think her existence in real-world is way too realistic for an AI. Literally it’s like she got isekaid easily with her fluclight (except for her body of course) like nothing changed, just her environment. Alice is a badass, having a normal logical mind like a normal human during the conference and then she proceeds bombing the reporters with their own questions and curiousity.

Pandora Box huh? Very interesting after the last episode we discovered that Kayaba is still alive and other than that Kirito woke up and he requested to Higa to delete his memories of over 200 years in the Underworld but what did Higa do instead? Out of his curiousity he made a copy of Kirito’s fluctlight yes a fluctlight of a human being but Kirito expected this to happen when he is still in the Underworld.

Sadly this became more political, the government has now the hands of the Ocean Turtle after that announcement of Alice the AI and also Mr. Kikuoka faking his death so the goverment will not gonna find anyone to blame so in short they lost connection from the Underworld but they still have one goal in mind. to protect the Underworld and that’s why Higa made the right move to make a copy of Kirito (with Kayaba of course in the future). Like he also explained, Underworld lacks communication, network and technology in the inside and other than that in the outside the Ocean Turtle doesn’t have an automated self defense mechanism or weapons.
In 2022 we will have NerveGear and in the 2026 we will have AI’s that have the same function as humans can’t wait.

Another character on Kirito’s harem book. Congratulations. But still EUGEO BEST GIRL.
Sep 19, 2020 4:10 PM

Nov 2014
So Alice got a robot body in real world and attended the press conference as the product of RATH itself while also trying to get "human rights" as the stone stepping for the world to acknowledge this project and the fluctlight itself.

meanwhile Kikuoka hiding his dead to escape from the trouble and keep maintaining the project. and Higa secretly copied Kirito fluctlight where both of real Kirito and Asuna were erased. that means the only who remembered the 200 years of "star king & queen" only the copy .... hmm

KiriSuna moments in this were really good and soothing.
The moment she comoforted him of the memory losses also when she overprotectively looking for his health.

next one'll be the final episode really excited to see it, wondering if they gonna adapted the 200 years story a.k.a Moon Cradle.
Sep 24, 2020 6:51 PM
Feb 2019
Maybe I'd feel more bad for Kirito if everything Eugeo says toward him, didn't sound so gay. Kirito this... Kirito that... I get that Kirito has the power for everyone around him to love him... but now he's crying over a dude that simped for him. He's got Asuna, he's intelligent and survived countless battles... be happy dude.
Oct 13, 2020 12:51 AM
Jul 2016
Ohhh finally Kirito and Asuna is back!
I'm soooo curious about their 200th years worth of memories :'<
It seems they become the ruler of humanity. Ahhhh😳
If Kirito lived, what about Asuna? How can she is still alright?
Did she also got frozen in underworld? Or her copy?
Or maybe I misunderstood and if they died there they can still be revived in real world. Hmm

Glad to see Alice alright (somehow). She's as perfect as she is in underworld, tho I'm worried. The last scene looks like a bad flag...

Higa tho. Oh boiii x,D
What have you done??!!
Kirito's fluctlight being copied was actually something I may or may not wish to happen. But the one who got copied is a 200+ year old veteran. Daaaaarn!!
This Kirito had hooked my curiosity to another level altogether.

Somehow I have a feeling this 200 yo kirito will have to fight real world Kirito later..

This episode is one of the best.
At least Alicization that start in wonder also nearly end in even more wonder

A bit sad that it's gonna end soon :'(
Eugeo memories still haunted Kirito too
Oct 13, 2020 11:24 AM

Feb 2013
Alice's speech was cool.
Too bad we didn't see what happened in those 200 years.
Oct 25, 2020 9:31 AM

May 2016
I want to see 200 years old Kirito more than anything else in the future,there are
so many possibilities to choose from those 200 years, and the thought of Akihiko and
Kirito forming a team...

Nov 1, 2020 7:18 PM
Aug 2017
I liked the press conference with Alice, very touching!

Also the idea of Asuna and Kirito living in the Underworld for 200 years is a bit much to take in. I guess we'll find out what it was like in the next season, whenever the light novels are further ahead.
But the copy Kirito's 200+ year old self and meeting Kayaba's copy is scary as hell! I can only imagine the chess game worth of chaos those 2 edgelords would cause as some form of AI and its chilling!
HazelShonenFanNov 1, 2020 8:11 PM
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Things more important then what your hunting for, could be right there on the side of the road.”

Dec 11, 2020 6:08 PM

Aug 2019
Interested to see what the whole situation with Kayaba is about and what they have planned for the final episode.
Dec 19, 2020 4:27 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Amazing episode with some really bad turn about. I hate it.
We are definitely due to another season.
Jan 17, 2021 5:31 AM

Jan 2013
The press conference was well done, these questions really makes us question our own reality aswell.
I've seen so many shows / movies and even played games about this subject and it never fails to entertain me ^^

They could probably have a whole new season about Kirito's copy now too.
Feb 1, 2021 10:05 AM

Sep 2017
wow yet another girl who claims her love for kirito, how surprising

Feb 25, 2021 11:37 AM
Oct 2020
kun_kirito said:
deg said:
Alice remembers the talk of Quinella saying that what if the real worlders have their own creators or gods too so do they want to be slaves too? nice touch there

and Kayaba still has a copy somewhere like i expected him too this is like Ghost in the Shell with the Puppeteer same with Kirito the copy too

im not gonna be surprise if the AI copy of Kirito will be ship or partnered with Alice though

what will happen to Alice now

and Eugeo is the best in the harem of Kirito again huh

how can you ship him with alice
after he lived with sauna for 200 years?
not gona happen

I have question as so in two hundred years didn't they have kids, grand kids, family and stuff and if so how come they were so confident in erasing their memories without a second thought? I mean they could've shown some sort of discomfort or hesitation. I probably wanna a lot more but I'll stop right here but I'll be waiting for your reply.
Feb 27, 2021 11:18 PM
Dec 2015
SilverHeathe said:
kun_kirito said:

how can you ship him with alice
after he lived with sauna for 200 years?
not gona happen

I have question as so in two hundred years didn't they have kids, grand kids, family and stuff and if so how come they were so confident in erasing their memories without a second thought? I mean they could've shown some sort of discomfort or hesitation. I probably wanna a lot more but I'll stop right here but I'll be waiting for your reply.

1 good point (about the kids) no fucking idea
2about the memory staff if they want to get back to the real wolrd they have to
Jul 28, 2021 3:33 PM
Sep 2018
4/5 for this episode. He was good but not insane. The end was good and hype me a bit for the last episode.
Dec 21, 2021 8:35 AM

Apr 2013
In comparison with the crappy episodes we saw lately, this one was pretty good. Though I'm not sure about "starting families" with AIs, I mean they can't reproduce after all.
Jul 30, 2022 8:30 AM

Sep 2014
I dont know whats my deal with Alicization but after I forgot to watch the final of the first season I also needed 2 years(!) to finally watch this episode. I just cringed so hard during the press conference I needed 2 whole years to cope..

Dude forgot to copy 200 yo Asuna, what a dick move
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 18, 2022 1:05 PM

Mar 2019
Wait so Alice really exists? I thought they would only get the cube and do something with it. I don't really get why they want to have AIs in the real world if all they are going to do is live, given that there are already a lot of people living and space is limited.

So many emotions this episode, I'm so relieved Kikuoka isn't actually dead, that would have sucked. And then there was Kirito's dumb decision, whyyyy. There's no reason for that. Also I wish they gave us more of what happened in those 200 years, not just a very short slideshow flashback.

And now, that ending. BY FAR, the best part of this season. Kirito being haunted by Eugeo because of the impact he had on him. Kirito's reaction was very good, those last 2 lines gave me chills, "Come on, wake up, Kirito ... Kirito".
Alex_TheForestNov 18, 2022 1:29 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 14, 2023 7:47 PM

May 2022
Great episode, Alice is just an amazing human being and one of the best girls in this series. She did so well at the conference while expressing her feelings toward the real world people she met and how they supported her. The deletion of the memories of the last 200 years in the Underworld for Kirito and Asuna is heartbreaking and sad, Tiese and Ronie are going to miss Kirito, there was a parade in Centoria celebrating Kirito and Asuna, and Kirito getting along with Iskhan. Eugeo chiming in to tell Kirito to not cry and stay cool was so nice. Eugeo is right, the memories may be gone but they will remain in the heart. It was interesting to hear about the complicated situation with the Ocean Turtle now being controlled by the government as negotiations are going on. Hopefully Kikouka will keep the Underworld safe somehow. Higa copied Kirito's fluctlight and could never delete his fluctlight. Seems that the Underworld could run for a couple of years thanks to the nuclear reactor as long as outside interference can be prevented. To find a connection to the Ocean Turtle we need Kayaba's help, this is going to be exciting. Kirito cries because he misses Eugeo, but Sugu comes in to comfort him and has him tell her everything about Eugeo. Finally, Alice might wither away? I am so hyped up right now, time for the final episode
Jan 21, 2023 8:18 AM

Nov 2010
I need a robot waifu like ALICE in real life. I need someone like her that remains beautiful for as long as I'm alive.
5:16 Yeah, it's gonna be like that in the beginning, but in the future decades, the financial world will always find a way to make use of a labor force that has few needs and never tires. Human greed knows no bounds.
10:14 It's very likely that future humans will merge with AIs instead. I think an augmented brain will be far stronger than any artificially made brain or computer. Bio-digital fusion is the future!
Kirito is that homo towards Eugeo? If I was him, I don't think I'll ever be that depressed. I'll be able to move on with Asuna and the other waifus on my side.
Dec 16, 2023 6:14 PM

Nov 2023
Well gahhdamn this was something else
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Aug 15, 2020

303 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

210 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2020

222 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.