Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 7, 2020 6:18 PM
Apr 2020
A forum designated to discussing your ethereal opinions on a recent anime you watched and if you would recommend it to the rest of us casuals.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 7, 2020 10:14 PM
Jul 2019
Cardcaptor Sakura - a bit long and repetitive but overall an entertaining watch. Characters are extremely likable and it handles some mature topics well. Music is great! (for fans of: slice-of-life, Madoka Magica)

Chobits - adapted from a CLAMP manga (like Cardcaptor Sakura). The OP is very catchy. Does a nice job with the theme of human-robot romantic relations but the plot kinda drags a lot. (for fans of: Plastic Memories, Time of Eve, Sakura-sou)
Aug 8, 2020 8:22 AM
Apr 2020
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou- Girls' Last Tour Review
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou or Girl's Last Tour is as simple as it can get: girls scavenge wastelands for food, fuel, and resources. All the while, the people and conversations they meet and have on the way leave impressionable changes to how they go about continuing their nomadic lives. The show's is based entirely on the dialogue and the amazing chemistry shared between the main characters, Chito and Yuuri. You get these sweet and savory moments from both characters that warm you up inside because of the dependence the main characters share with one another despite the harshness and reality of this dystopia (this review was poorly drafted, but I'm not an english major).

Would recommend to fans of Made in Abyss and The Promised Neverland.
Score 90/100 -->9/10
Aug 8, 2020 2:07 PM
Jul 2019
I second Girls' Last Tour. I highly recommend reading the manga - it is only 47 chapters and the anime adapted ~30 chapters so it's essentially a 17-chapter read.

While on the subject of post-apocalyptic/atmospheric anime that are also thought-provoking, Yokohama Shopping Log (manga), Kino's Journey (anime; 2003 version), and perhaps Mushishi (anime) are all worth checking out.
Aug 15, 2020 4:43 PM
Apr 2020
Kimetsu no Yaiba/ Demon Slayer Review
After much influence and imposition from toxic third parties on the topic of shounen anime as a whole, I became skeptical on whether or not to enjoy Demon Slayer in the first place. However, I was pleasantly surprised at the premise of Demon Slayer and the emotional mix of the show as a whole in a rather short amount of storytelling and backstory. Comedically, the show had tons of great laughs although some decision to place jokes in high-intensity situations may not have been the move. Additionally, the characters mesh together well and are easily understood in the fictitious world where danger lurks around every corner. There is never a moment of disinterest as Kimetsu no Yaiba is the first anime in a while to keep me in constant anticipation of what lays ahead its enchanting storytelling.

Score 87/100-> 8/10
Would Recommend to fans of Boku No Hero Academia, Goblin Slayer and Grisaia.
AKim714Sep 10, 2020 7:27 PM
Aug 16, 2020 9:31 PM
Apr 2020
Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta.../ My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Review

My Next Life as a Villainess is your standard isekai concept anime that gravitates more towards the slice-of-life genre. The show's premise revolves solely on the main character, Katarina Claes, who takes every countermeasure to boost her chances of avoiding a death cutscene that she recalls in her previous life. This show put an unexpected spin on what I originally believed would surround the show's main plot with far greater attention to characters and certain nuances that are crucial for setting up developments found at the end of the series. The only issue I have with this show is a bit of unrealism and inconsistencies from the main cast of characters that resemble very stereotypical or unorthodox behavior. In addition, some moments felt like filler content, but that argument can be defended by the overall impact of those scenes found in later episodes. Albeit, I have nothing but praise for how this show was able to maneuver through and create heart-warming moments by the volition and goodwill of the main characters.

Score: 85/100->8/10
Would recommend to isekai and slice-of-life fans.
Aug 17, 2020 1:25 AM
Jan 2020
Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) - also known as absolute garbage - is something that should never be watched. This comes from someone who is a fan of both Studio Shaft and the Madoka Magica franchise. This anime, however, is perhaps the worst I have seen in a while.

The main issue of the show is that it is an absolute mess. Despite having some potentially interesting concepts that could've been a nice addition to the Madoka Magica storyline, this anime presents them in such an awful manner. It's as if the producers of the show took the mobile game's story, stuck it in a blender, and presented the show as the resultant mixture. In 13 episodes, the show introduces far too many plot points and does so in a manner such that a typical viewer never grows to care for any of them. For example, the plot starts off with the main character, Iroha, looking for her sister who has mysteriously disappeared. However, the actual storyline hardly ever goes around to making this an actual conflict, only briefly mentioning it occasionally. This makes the viewer disinterested in this and other plot points. Not only that, but the plot is heavily rushed as well. In trying to cram the narrative into as few episodes as possible, the viewer is generally apathetic of what is going on in the anime as the storyline pulls an 80 mph in a school zone.

The characters in the show are also disgustingly bland. They feel heavily one-dimensional due to the pacing of the plot, and as such, are characters that the viewer does not care about. I estimate that the show explored about 15 characters and yet did not manage to develop any of them. The best example of this is once again the main character, Iroha. In the search of her sister, we never see the deep bond that the sisters had for each other; instead, this is only known through Iroha mentioning this occasionally throughout the show. When the characters from One Room are about as developed as the characters from Madoka Magica Side Story, a clear issue is present here.

Luckily, the art and music are great. Shaft being Shaft, they know what they are doing in that department. Both the opening and ending are solid songs, being about as good as most other ClariS songs. Also, the art is indistinguishable to the art in the original Madoka Magica.

Though it is clear that this Madoka Magica Side Story shouldn't be directly compared to the original series, even as a stand-alone show, Madoka Magica Side Story fails in almost every way as an anime. Luckily, the last episode in the show introduced an interesting premise, so the show has potential to greatly improve in the upcoming second season.

Score: 4/10
Would recommend to fans of watching paint dry
NahLogicAug 17, 2020 1:32 AM
My candies:
Aug 29, 2020 5:32 PM
Apr 2020
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu/ Parasyte -the maxim- Review

Parasyte perplexed me as an anime with several different motives spanning its 24-episode season. In the beginning, it sets off main character Izumi Shinichi, with a dilemma and how he is tasked to dealing with his new complication. Forcing himself to now change and develop as a result of the escalating troubles he now finds himself in, Shinichi's overall personality becomes severly warped, changing the way characters throughout the show view him. However, this is not all that lies within the show's action and deliberation sequences, as the constant challenge of his own morals and justification towards the end of the show offers brilliant perspective into just how convoluted Shinichi's life became after his life turned upside down. Parasyte is not privy to censoring or withholding what transpires with other characters, and even Shinichi himself, to create large amounts of suspense, although some moments are very clearly drawn up as "plot armor" for Shinichi's endeavors. Most of the characters, their motives, and personalities are elegantly crafted, while only a few fall flat or are somewhat abandoned entirely. Murano is so cute, and I want a girlfriend like her in real life ;)

Score--> 90/100---> 9/10
Would recommend to watchers of Banana Fish, Attack on Titan, Made in Abyss, Monster, and The Promised Neverland
AKim714Sep 10, 2020 7:28 PM
Aug 30, 2020 8:31 PM
Jul 2019
Mini-review of Legend of the Galactic Heroes/LoGH/Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu

Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Often hailed as the greatest anime of all time, its mere name evokes a sense of grandeur and scale that other fictional works are hard-pressed to match. There are a lot of things that LoGH does right, but there are also flaws that people generally overlook.

Over the course of 110 episodes (excluding other installments of the franchise), LoGH portrays a grand conflict between the Galactic Empire (autocracy) and the Free Planets Alliance (democracy), spicing it up with the inclusion of Phezzan (mercantile city-state) and the Terraist Church (religion/terrorism).

Of course, there are hundreds of characters commensurate with the grand scope of the story. The length of the series allows for many memorable and likable characters: Yang Wen-li, Reuenthal, Mittermeyer, Oberstein, Merkatz - these are names that will not be forgotten easily.

The art style, character designs, and the classical soundtrack all contribute to a historical feel and a consistently serious tone that matches the subject matter which LoGH deals with: the cyclical nature of history, the pros and cons of democracy and autocracy, and a wide range of political issues and military strategies that are inspired by actual history.

And that is where LoGH's problems start - it is incredibly wide but proportionally shallow, and it is overly pompous at times.

LoGH touches upon a lot of things, but it is always in a simplistic fashion (which is not a bad thing, just a warning that it is not as complicated as people make it out to be) - reading the AMSCO world history textbook and following current events will probably be more informative in terms of politics. Characters talk too much for their own good without conveying any meaningful information (if they do, it could be conveyed in a tenth of the actual time).

Speaking about the characters, many of them come off as unrealistic from a combination of unnatural dialogue (who uses metaphors and words like "magniloquence" in every other sentence besides Jon?), bad animation (especially the facial expressions which make many dramatic moments feel silly), and the lackluster voice acting (it feels more scripted than genuine people talking). In addition, there are many 1-dimensional characters, especially in the first arc, that are essentially plot devices/stepping stones for the main characters' rise to power.

Other nitpicks that I don't feel like organizing in paragraph form:
-The battles which they engage in are 2-dimensional, even though they are in space and something like 3-dimensional chess exists. Tactics are retarded in the 1st arc but they get a lot better by the 3rd and 4th arcs to the point where the battles are actually gripping and suspense of disbelief is possible. (note: there are 4 arcs in total).
-Again, especially in the 1st arc, every single person besides the two main characters and a few other people are incompetent. It is tiring to see them being worshipped every single episode.
-Many dramatic moments fall flat due to similar reasons as unrealistic characters (mentioned above) - they are usually edgy or downright hilarious.
-None of the technology is explained very well and they fight with axes when firearms exist (this is partially explained but the explanation is not really adhered to).

Despite all these flaws, I do like LoGH. It's a show that gets better the more you watch it (the 1st arc was painful to get through but it is worth it for the later arcs, if anyone wants to watch LoGH let me know so I can rewatch it with you because I forgot a lot of things from the 1st arc).

The main reason why I like LoGH is because of its multiple levels of storytelling. LoGH can be viewed as a historiography of sorts - a narrator (most likely someone from the distant future) is present during the entire 110 episodes providing all sorts of information in the past tense. There are 2 episodes dedicated to documentaries about the LoGH universe, providing biased perspectives of history. Different historians' accounts are mentioned here and there. The characters talk a lot about history - how the past has shaped them and how they will impact the future, and how they will be remembered (as good? evil? that's up to future generations who weren't present during their era). Most of all, the title itself: Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It is not a history of the galactic heroes, meaning that the narrator himself is not fully reliable and therefore, the story is not fully accurate. I found this pretty interesting but that's just me, you guys probably fell asleep while reading this paragraph, if not before.

Anyway, thank you for reading. I would recommend this anime imo tbh ngl.

For fans of: good anime, space operas, check MAL recommendations at the bottom of the LoGH page (LoGH is compared to Code Geass, Death Note, and Monster, which some of you have watched)
Sep 1, 2020 8:46 PM
Jan 2020
All my homies hate Mirai Nikki.

I’ll start with the good aspects of this anime. The opening and ending songs are solid, fitting the show’s atmosphere well. The art is mediocre, meaning that it isn’t any Skelter+Heaven levels of disastrous. The concept of Mirai Nikki is unique as well. A short synopsis: 12 different players must use their diaries that can tell the future in order to be the last man standing. The concept is a strange mix of Death Note and Fortnite, two of my favorite things in the world! In other words, while the show has a solid foundation, it ultimately failed on so many levels.

The largest issue I have with the show is its comedy. It’s pretty clear, just based on the show’s premise, that this survival game is of gruesome murder, doubt, and betrayal—essentially, what could be a nice and simple psychological show. I really do wish the studio and producers had gone this route, because what they did instead made the show much worse than it should’ve been. At random points, “humor” is interjected into the plot. It’s at the most random times, including when something dramatic is going on. Needless to say, this completely ruins the flow of the anime. Even if the jokes were funny, I doubt I would’ve enjoyed them due to the terrible pacing with the rest of the show.

What really made me hate the anime, however, was the post-ending scenes of Mirai Nikki (Ura Mirai Nikki), which are two-minute comedic snippets of the characters’ lives. I assume they were made in order to provide some “comedic relief,” acting as a contrast to the actual show. This would’ve worked, if they didn’t give off the slapstick vibe that they do. Characters that you’ve seen die mere minutes ago are made fun of in such a tasteless manner, making them nothing more than jokes. I mean, I also laughed when some of these 1-dimensional characters died, but I wouldn’t expect the anime which took these characters so seriously to do the same.

Speaking of, these characters were some of the worst I’ve ever seen. Each one of them is completely psychopathic, giving no care for anyone’s lives. Although some of them are given some kind of half-baked backstory to try to justify their actions, they barely do explain how any of these characters manage to be so deranged. The worst example of this is Yuno Gasai, the pink-haired yandere. I don’t want to spoil anything, so I’ll only say that her past doesn’t even begin to justify the many lunatic actions she commits.

Of course, practically none of the characters changed throughout the show as well. All the characters remain in whatever archetype they’re in throughout all 26 episodes. I feel as though only one character was actually developed, and it was a sudden shift, rather than a slow and meaningful progression. Again, no spoilers, but the reason this particular character actually changed is well as perhaps the moronic one I think I’ve ever seen, in any show, ever.

As for the plot...it’s average. The storyline is not as terrible as the characters or the comedy, but it still could’ve been played out so much better to the point where it makes it bad. There are interesting plot twists, but the way the show plays them out is god-awful.

To summarize, Mirai Nikki really did have so much potential. If only the characters were better written and the comedy was actually funny or didn’t exist, then Mirai Nikki would’ve at least been a solid 6/10 show. But it’s not. This was the 2nd biggest disappointment I’ve had because of anime, the first being the Madoka Magica Side Story. At this point, I just want to watch what I know will be a good show, which is why I will be watching the second season of Pingu in the City.

Score: 4/10

Would recommend to fans of 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
My candies:
Sep 4, 2020 5:23 PM
Apr 2020
Gin no Saji/Silver Spoon Season 1 Review

After coming off back-to-back bangers on anime, Gin No Saji might top them all. From the depths of city life, Hachiken Yuugo takes a turn for better or for worse when deciding to commit his high school career away from his parents and into the tranquil, disciplinary setting of farm life in an agricultural school. However, life in the countryside may not be as pleasant as it may seem because unlike Hachiken, the other students that accompany his academy or year have already fleshed out their futures, passions, and knowledge into a branch of an agricultural career. The discomfort is made astonishingly clear to viewers when other students seem to nonchalantly pass their days in their duties while Hachiken must remain secluded in his quest for his own path in life. Side characters successfully fulfill their role in offering new perspectives, trials, information of farm life, and struggles within their own lifestyles to complement how Hachiken will go on to face a new issue.

There is something extremely satisfying and wholesome around the execution of lighthearted or life-changing moments in Gin no Saji that appeals to the humanitarian side and allows for deeper understanding and questioning about the human psyche and the reality of life. Several themes scattered throughout the show are so well-done, while indirectly display those moments through the actions and dialogue of the characters alone, that Gin no Saji could be considered prime steak. For those who can resonate with being thrown into a completely new setting to find oneself, Gin no Saji perfectly hits the nail on a slice-of-life anime depicting a young boy coming of age with intriguing and perverse circumstances.

Score: 93/100--> 9/10

Would Recommend to people like Devin.
Sep 9, 2020 7:25 PM
Jan 2020
My Hero Academia Season 1:

Uh oh. The music, art, and concept are all solid. However, the characters need so much more development for them to hold weight, which I hope the next seasons do. Also, the show felt a bit childish, as the characters' dialogue and actions feel definitely written for a younger audience. There are several moments feeling unimpressive for the amount the show hypes them up as well. Having said that, it's a show that you can have some fun watching if the brain is turned off.

4/10 prune

Would recommend to battle shounen fans, though I suppose that such fans would've definitely watched this already.
NahLogicSep 9, 2020 7:33 PM
My candies:
Sep 9, 2020 7:53 PM
Jul 2019
Boku no Hero Academia (MHA) can be summed up in one word: "immature." The characters and character designs, the dialogue, the themes, the plot, the overall execution, all of MHA is imbued with a sense of immaturity.

To go more into detail, MHA is incredibly cliche. It is the classic underdog story but executed horribly. Such a story requires likable, well-written characters, which MHA does not have. Deku, our protagonist, is the biggest wimp in anime history. You thought Shinji was a wimp? Do not fear, for MHA is here! All the other characters are 1-dimensional and completely unlikable (except Uraraka, send some sauce pls). The most annoying character, and quite an important one, is Bakugou. He used to be best friends with Deku but he has grown up to be an unrealistic, tempermental person who gets triggered at every little thing. One retarded moment was when Deku was applying to the same school as him - he blew his top and started beating him up. Just because he applied to the same school. I think he should watch his blood pressure, it's often called the "silent killer." On second thought, never mind; let him die. Two other annoying characters that really pissed me off was Yuuga Aoyama (his sole purpose is for "comedy" relief) and Minoru Mineta (an even wimpier version of Deku - how did he even get in to a school with less than a 1/300 acceptance rate?)

If the characters are bad, maybe the plot will save this anime. Sadly, it doesn't. The premise, which is how quirks (superpowers) began appearing in the majority of people, could have been handled so much more better (I would recommend Shinsekai Yori instead, since it deals with the same issue in a more realistic and serious way). Talking about realistic and serious, MHA is the complete opposite of that. Its tone is lighthearted, and when it tries to be dramatic, it falls flat due to the horrible characters and the aforementioned lighthearted tone. The unrealistic dialogue, horrible comedy, repeated flashbacks, and shoe-horned ecchi moments, among other flaws, do not help MHA's case.

I really don't see how anyone outside of elementary school can take this seriously (or maybe if you are a nerd like Deku!). There are so many other works in anime and out of anime that you could spend your precious time on. Please, please, don't watch this.

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.

For fans of: bad fiction, normie fiction, etc.
Mon_PanacheSep 13, 2020 9:15 AM
Sep 10, 2020 12:49 PM
Apr 2020
Gin no Saji/Silver Spoon Season 2 Review

If you haven't already read my review of Gin no Saji Season 1, no need because the second season is just as incredible and breathtaking as the first. Seriously, slice-of-life has never been THIS good, and I would personally rank Gin no Saji as my second favorite slice just under Usagi Drop. Let's start off with the visuals, music, and dialogue that go above and beyond when making the lighthearted moments tranquil and the emotional scenes gush with empowering messages from the characters. In terms of plot, the second season of Gin no Saji smoothly drafts off the first season with Hachiken having learnt from his previous experiences in the prior semester and using them to move forward towards a purposeful and prideful life. We really get that development from Hachiken that he's actually progressed thus far and that the characters, big or small, have done as much as a favor for him as he wishes to do upon others. In times where we feel like Hachiken has all the attributes and experience to hit his mark in either agricultural or academic pursuits, we see time and time again from the amalgamation of the show's elements on the difficulty of surmounting that barrier. Even the scope of unrealism is not far off at all from what real life may resemble because it places characters is high-pressure, real-life cases that many people and even we as an audience may encounter in some form or another in our lives. The only complaints I can reasonably see from viewers are that some characters who outwardly show promise or when the show feels like it might lean towards that character's direction become overshadowed due to a lack of screen time. All in all, never has a balance between the comical and relaxing environment found in the countryside and moral dilemmas humans are tasked with in adolescence been so picturesquely captured.

Score 93/100--> 9/10

Recommended to people like Devin again.
F.Y.I: If slower, drama based anime is not your preferred style, I would not advise trying Gin no Saji (I'm talking about you steffphan, whose emotional range is that of a walnut).
AKim714Sep 10, 2020 12:55 PM
Sep 14, 2020 7:38 PM
Jul 2019
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya (Kaguya-hime no Monogatari) is a unique Ghibli film based on an old Japanese story, The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter.

The first thing that sets it apart is the art style/animation. It's sort of like Mushishi's, beautiful and minimalist, but so much more colorful and expressive. Background music is used sparingly but always enhances the scenes when played. Combined with the plot, execution, and themes, it's easily in my top 3 Ghibli films.

Kaguya-hime no Monogatari elegantly depicts the cycle of life, from birth and childhood to adulthood and eventually, death. The plot begins with a baby, Kaguya, emerging from a bamboo shoot in the mountains. Taken in by an elderly couple, she experiences a happy childhood until they move to the capital when her father finds a large stash of gold and decides to turn her into a princess. Kaguya subsequently undergoes much development, from a happy-go-lucky child living from day to day to a more distant, unhappy person who feels restricted by the capital's way of life compared to the freedom of her childhood. This is most strikingly symbolized by a gift her father brings her - a bird in a cage. Just like the bird, Kaguya is trapped - trapped by social norms, her status as a princess, and her parents' expectations. After some more trials and tribulations, the film ends with Kaguya returning to the Moon, but before that, she comes to a realiziation that emphasizes two important themes: the transient nature of things and the interesting relationship between happiness and suffering.

All in all, if you're looking for a solid piece of art and don't mind a slow-paced story, then I wholeheartedly recommend this film.

Thank you for reading.

For fans of: good fiction, unique fiction, Ghibli films
Sep 15, 2020 7:59 PM
Jul 2019
Revolutionary Girl Utena and Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Adolescence of Utena Review

Revolutionary Girl Utena is often referred to as the Evangelion of shoujo. They both share a confusing plot, internally conflicted characters, and surreal symbolism that sometimes descends into pointlessness. But Utena is somehow even more insane than Evangelion: the plot is nonsensical at face value, the characters are extremely dramatic, and the amount of symbolism eclipses NahLogic's nerd power. Basically, Utena is crazy, bizarre, insert word of choice here, and makes Evangelion look normal.

Honestly, this is a pretty tough show to write about. There's a lot in these 39 episodes and I don't want this to turn into a rambling analysis (which is also more work for me) so I'll list the pros and cons separately.

Pros:
-The themes: Utena packs a TON of themes into its narrative: identity, sexuality, gender roles, subverting norms, feminism, self-acceptance, healthy and harmful relationships, psychological problems, the deconstruction of many tropes, and accepting the past, to name a handful.
-The characters: Although the characters feel artificial at times (mainly due to the character designs and the dialogue), Utena still manages to flesh out a large cast of characters that all have a bunch of inner conflicts and you'll probably be able to relate to at least one of them.

Cons:
-The budget: Utena was made on the same budget as Evangelion but had 39 episodes instead of 26, so a lot of scenes were reused and many episodes followed the exact same structure. It could've been much more enjoyable if it was cut down to ~24 episodes instead. Visually, Utena hasn't aged too well but it's not unbearable to watch and sometimes looks pretty good (especially the movie).
-Symbolism: Some symbolism is always a nice touch, but in Utena, it's way too much of a good thing, especially in the movie where there's a scene with people literally turning into cars. Like what??? Too much symbolism interferes with humanizing the characters, which is sort of an issue in Utena. However, I'd argue any day that Utena's symbolism is a lot more meaningful than the Monogatari series' symbolism.

All in all, Utena is kind of hard to recommend. You have to be in a more analytical mood if you want to get the most out of it. It's self-interpretive and symbolism-heavy, so if you hate those kinds of works, then I wouldn't recommend Utena. If you want to try out something unique, then by all means, check out Utena. Personally, I think it's a solid show, although confusing and too inconsistent for me to really like it.

For fans of: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Madoka Magica, the Monogatari series
Sep 18, 2020 5:11 PM
Jul 2019
Review of Made in Abyss 3 (DOTDS)

Made in Abyss (MIA) reminds me of Haruhi Suzumiya. I wasn't particularly impressed by the TV series for both but their sequel movies exceeded my expectations and I would certainly recommend them.

The audiovisuals are the first thing that catches your eye (and ear). The production values are a step up from the TV series. This quality increase is understandable as it's a movie, but the backgrounds and the animation are simply incredible - I never expected to see something like this in 2020 besides Shinkai movies. Conversely, the music is also great: it doesn't feel out of place and enhances many action-packed/dramatic moments. The voice acting is above average and the sound effects are good. To be honest, it's worth watching DOTDS just for the visual and aural aspects.

Made in Abyss doesn't solely rely on its audiovisuals, however. Where DOTDS truly shines is at crafting an interesting world: one filled with creatures of all sorts and accompanied by an ever-present sense of danger and adventure. It combines the natural scenery (that varies at different levels of the Abyss) with loads of advanced technology - a seamless fusion of disparate elements that somehow works quite well.

This immersive, organic experience extends to the plot and characters: the plot is engaging and although packed with disturbing and violent moments, it never crosses over into the realm of edginess and actually feels natural, something that a lot of fictional works fail at. The characters are good as well. The duo of Reg and Riko are simplistic but likable and genuine, and Nanachi serves as a more personal connection to the main focus of DOTDS, the character called Bondrewd.

Bondrewd is one of the most interesting villains in fiction. At first glance, he seems absolutely ruthless and is willing to do anything to achieve his goals, just another stereotypical villain. That is true to some extent, as he prioritizes rationality and knowledge over morality, but he is further characterized and even humanized in DOTDS to make a character that you can sympathize with. Expressing moral ambiguity with its characters and its world is something Made in Abyss excels at.

Now, a few final thoughts and nitpicks. One thing that ticked me off during the TV series was just how retarded the characters were at times (mostly Riko, who would go wander off somewhere after being told otherwise, and then getting in a tough situation). This was slightly present in DOTDS but it was a lot more bearable than in the TV series, so it's more of a positive rather than a negative. The worldbuilding could've been more extensive and the characters could have been more interesting and fleshed out, but MIA is still a solid experience without such detail. The main problem would be the unnecessary sexual situations (ex: "papa pole"). Why? Everything else is fine. Just why?

All in all, DOTDS was a solid movie that I enjoyed all the way through and it changed my opinion on MIA for the better.

For fans of: MIA, Madoka Magica, violence, porn, worldbuilding, lolis, degens, traps, gigawhat, furries, idk
Mon_PanacheSep 18, 2020 5:49 PM
Sep 18, 2020 8:07 PM
Apr 2020
Hoshiai no Sora/Stars Align Review

I do not like Hoshiai no Sora. Everything this anime tries to do falls miserably on its face and the pacing, plot, and characters are so spasmodic, I legitimately considered checking into a psychiatric ward upon completion. I have never seen characters more underdeveloped and given such dubious backstories however conveniently the show might insert them into a scene to jumpstart some emotion. After watching the first half of Hoshiai no Sora, the audience can surmise the show is surprisingly outspoken for a Japanese product when dealing with immaturity, abuse, LGBTQ+ themes, and acceptance. But with the current trend of this review, you should already know my expectations for how Hoshiai no Sora would utilize the aforementioned topics largely underperformed. What stupefies me to the maximum degree, similar to how goonies like Steffphan make me mald, is the irrationality and incompetence the characters undertake even when placed under stressful situations. Unless these middle schoolers have been genetically engineered to emulate the personalities of first-class murderers and mentally deranged lunatics, I cannot see a world where the events of Hoshiai no Sora would pan out in real life. Too many characters to actual invest oneself in and the fickle flow of events make for a terrible combination.

What's more is that Hoshiai no Sora revolves around soft tennis, and the expectation of a sports anime places at least 50% of the actual quality of the show based on how characters can grow through something they pride themselves in. In this case, soft tennis would help relieve our courageous heroes of their duties and social climate at home, but the provision of any substance to the cultivation of the characters' struggles through the sport are nowhere to be discovered. Not to mention the way this show implements soft tennis action is nothing more than a travesty to actual players of the sport and is just outright boring and insignificant to anything the characters do. I cannot believe a sports anime blundered the aspect that is most integral to the show at its core: the sport.

And don't even get me started on Hoshiai no Sora's plot cohesion because it simply does not exist. This is true information! This is true information! I repeated that statement because I want to allow you to ingrain into your advanced, monke, anime-watching big brain that this show does an atrocious job in reverting back to the idea of internal battle and the practically noncontributing factor of soft tennis. If you want to watch something that even I consider bad, go ahead and try this show that masquerades itself as something that is actually wholesome and relatable.

Score--> 40+10/100 =50/100--> 5/10
10 extra points added for having a cute, otaku girl, but they unsurprisingly managed to screw her character too.
Recommended for fans of Banana Fish
AKim714Sep 18, 2020 9:02 PM
Sep 20, 2020 2:22 PM
Apr 2019
FULL SPOILER WARNING!!!!! DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED MADE IN ABYSS MOVIE 3: DAWN OF THE DEEP SOUL. IF YOU HAVEN’T WACTHED IT YET, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?????
-
-
-
-
-
Made in Abyss Movie 3: Dawn of the Deep Soul Review (Read at your own discretion)

Well, I call this a review but it’s more of a shortened version of a rant/discussion/personal organization of what I felt about the movie. Not much deep thought put into it, completely disorganized. Don’t expect something actually good from this.

Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. HOLY SHIT. The follow-up movie to my favorite anime of all time. Obviously I’m going to be biased. Unfortunately, everything I say in this review is objectively correct, and there is no valid argument against it.

First, let’s talk about the easiest thing to talk about. The two things clearly discernible with one’s senses. The audiovisuals of Dawn of the Deep Soul. Made in Abyss once again delivers on its beautiful and absolutely breathing artstyle and animation. Made in Abyss Season 1 managed to impeccably portray grand landscapes and environments, full of detail and intrigue. DOTDS manages to execute the same quality of environment detail and art. The initial shot of the Sea of Corpses is once again, absolutely breathtaking. But the environmental art isn’t the only thing MIA has got going for it, of course not. It’s just something it is and has to be excellent in due to its Adventure aspect. What really takes the spotlight in DOTDS is the animated scenes of the action. From what I count off the top of my head, there are 3 distinct action scenes in DOTDS. The first fight against Bondrewd near the scorpion nest, the fight between Bondrewd and Dark Reg, and the final fight. All three times, the action animation was impeccable. No, it was beyond impeccable. It was excellent. Difficult angles that emphasize the action, camera movement to follow said action, and just absolutely beautiful art and animation all around. Bondrewd’s Gangway and Sparagmos are just amazing. The way Gangway illuminates the dark room, bouncing around in mere fractions of a section, and cornering Reg was just, yea. Words, words. Sparagmos is your typical laser, and it’s also animated really well. However, when talking about lasers in MIA, one must also discuss the star: Reg’s Incinerator. The Incinerator has one really big scene in the movie, and it just looks so beautiful. It was akin to an expanding star, and it just looked so pretty honestly. But the animation of the scenes itself, yes. I’m getting distracted. All the action scenes between Bondrewd and members of the Squad are incredible. Fast paced, yet easily understandable. Nothing is lost even when watching it with a casual energy. Reg’s arm movement thingy is animated so smoothly that it feels natural to the extent it’s almost like I’ve been seeing him use it since the beginning. The most impressive moment in terms of animation quality is Dark Reg vs Bondrewd. The way Dark Reg is drawn, with rough and dark line art, effectively emphasizes his lack of control and feral nature. In the end, DOTDS is an absolute treat for the eyes and manages to reach an animation quality that many movies are not able to, even with similar budgets. Made In Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul is worth watching just for its breathtaking animation. But, that’s only a mere part of what makes it so great.

I did say I was going to talk about the audiovisual elements of the movie, so let’s discuss the “audio” aspect. Once again, the OST of DOTDS is created by the absolute legend, Kevin Penkin. Even for an amateur like me, I can go on and on about the aspects of each piece of music created for the movie, going over the instruments used, the motifs of each part, and the music theory behind it. Kevin Penkin is a fucking genius of a composer, and I don’t know why he decided to compose for anime instead of a more popular medium, but god damn was it worth it. Penkin’s pieces are incredibly poignant and manage to elicit powerful emotions in the viewer. When the title screen came up, an absolutely beautiful track played, foretelling the sheer amount of quality music that would be in the movie. The initial opening track managed to evoke emotions that I hadn’t felt in a while. It was so breathtakingly beautiful, the sound felt like it was penetrating my bones. To describe how amazingly orchestrated DOTDS’s music is, I’m going to go into just a few of the tracks. The first track in the OST, Echos. In the beginning, a sole violin plays. Then, you hear the rest of the orchestra quietly come in. Following the strings come the brass and timpani, adding great energy to the previously quiet and soft track. The song goes between an answer and response motif and a singular voice motif throughout its parts, and manages to convey, to me at least, the echoes of the voice of the Abyss. At times, soft and contemplative, and at others, bursting full of emotion and noise. Throughout the entire song, a sole violin remains prevalent, the one consistent, serene, and lyrical noise. Another amazing track is reBirth ft Takeshi Saito. The song opens with light pizzicato, with Saito’s amazing voice coming in after a few seconds. Slowly, more and more instruments are added. On top of the pizzicato, the other strings begin playing in arco. Then once again, the brass, percussion, and the entire orchestra chimes in. The song is a song of growth, going from nearly nothing to a song full of unique voices and motifs. In the middle, there is a stop, where the song reverts back into just pizzicato and Saito’s singing. However, the song once again picks up, filling with incredibly lively and amazing orchestra arrangement. Yet, in the end, the track shifts. It changes from a song of hope and growth into a song full of fear and negative emotion, with loud, dissonant synthesized sounds, which is Bondrewd’s motif. reBirth, to me, is the song of Prushka. It starts off soft and weak, with her going to a rebirth of sorts. She bounces back from the Abyss’s curse, gaining energy and hope. However, just like the song, all that energy is once again taken away by the curse when she attempts to climb the stairs. Once again, Prushka regains her energy and mind, joyfully living her own life, maybe even more joyously than before. Then, Bondrewd, in this case the dissonant, synthesized sound, interrupts her life. Prushka is “reborn” in more ways than one, and her story is clearly reflected in the song, reBirth. I really want to talk about one of the most iconic tracks in the DOTDS OST, which is full of amazing tracks. The one I want to talk about is The Rumble of Scientific Triumph. Now, by just reading the track of the title, one can easily discern who’s character song this is. Obviously, this is Bondrewd’s song. This song first starts off with what you would expect from the villain’s theme: eerie and foreboding piano and singing. Then, the background synth kicks in, which symbolizes Bondrewd’s connection with science. This is just to prepare for what’s about to come in. Finally, the melody synth kicks in, with two very interesting chord progressions, one after another. They’re incredibly similar, except for the last note of the progression. The first progression builds up to what seems to be a major chord with the first 3 notes, then immediately drops down on the fourth, coming back up a little on the 5th. The progression subverts the listener’s expectation and shifts abruptly to a minor progression. This gives a sense of sudden discordance and inharmony. Then, the second chord progression plays. The first 3 notes are exactly the same, so the listener expects the same minor shift once again. However, this time, the progression remains in the major key, once again surprising the listener. The first progression shows how Bondrewd, portrayed as one of humanity’s heroes, being one of the White Whistles, who are put on a pedestal, possesses negative and possibly evil attributes. This is parallel to how Reg and Riko discover how Bondrewd used Nanachi and Mitty without a care for them. However, the second progression tells the listener something different. It shows how Bondrewd is actually not an evil villain, but instead a human with hopes and ambitions. A double progression completely suited for Bondrewd. The song then truly begins, with its grandiloquent synth and percussion. The most interesting part of this track, however, is the chorus. The chorus, funnily enough, contains a chorus of children singing. The very children that Bondrewd, uhhh, “took under his wing”. In the end, the track fades away quietly, just like how Bondrewd decided to step back and lay his ambitions elsewhere. This track is Bondrewd personalized, and Penkin is amazing for managing to create such a perfectly personalized piece. In the end, every track holds a lot of meaning, but the songs themselves are great. The cheerful pizzicato, the ephemeral flute, the lyrical string arco, and the bombastic brass and percussion all come together to create an absolute masterpiece of an OST. The DOTDS OST would be a piece of art if it was just published on its own, but it accompanies and enhances the movie. The music stands out, yet completely melds into the anime itself incredibly naturally.

Finally, let’s get into the meat of the movie: its plot, characters, and themes. When the movie first started, I made a few assumptions, following the tropes of previous anime. 1. Bondrewd would be a crazed madman hiding behind both a literal and metaphorical mask of normalcy. 2. Prushka would realize this, abandon her father, and join the Squad on the adventure to the bottom. 3. Lyza’s whistle would somehow resonate with Riko, or Reg would be able to use it due to his non-humanness. Now, turns out that I’m stupid, because all three of those assumptions were completely off the mark. The first one, that Bondrewd would be a masked piece of shit. I was half-ish right about this one. Bondrewd was indeed not a very good person, but not exactly in the way I expected. Bondrewd is a very smart villain. I mean smart as in well-written, not an intelligent character. Well, he is that as well. The more you watch the movie, the clearer it gets that Bondrewd is not your typical, run-of-the-mill evil villain for the sake of being the antagonist. Bondrewd has a clear set of morals, logical reasoning, beliefs, and motivations. Bondrewd does everything for one reason: for the sake of humanity exploring the Abyss. He chases science and logic in order to advance humanity as a civilization. He is the epitome of “The ends justify the means.” However, in his case, he does not really “justify” the means. He purely believes that what he does is something obvious and natural, and has no need to suppress any moral qualms about his abuse and killing of orphaned children. He even goes so far in his quest to kill himself and create his white whistle. It’s almost correct to say that Bondrewd has no morals, yet completely incorrect. At a certain level, he cares for the children. He memorizes their names, their hopes, and their dreams. He cares for them, in his own twisted and seemingly natural way. He connects with the children that he uses as his “family”, as he believes family is something that can be formed beyond blood. Bondrewd is such an interesting character, as he is an antagonist that can be clearly understood, even if his thoughts and beliefs are completely radical. Bondrewd maintains complete composure and manners at all times. His speech is incredibly polite, to the point where it seems to almost contradict his portrayal as an antagonist. He never forces Nanachi and the others to work with him, always politely requesting them to join him (well, I guess the attempted dismantling of Reg is a different story, but he changes his attitude once he sees something worth gaining from Reg besides dismantling him. Knowing him though, he would have probably dismantled Reg once he was done). Bondrewd never kidnaps the orphans that he uses for his cartridges and experiments, as they always follow him of their own volition. Prushka was raised with a form of affection, and was not abused in her maturation. The viewer can clearly observe the way Bondrewd acts, and sees that he is not unreasonable or purely evil. A little bit of subverted expectations, after all that buildup with him as the antagonist. However, Nanachi’s adverse reaction to everything he does and the previous build up instills a sense of unease in the viewer, which is proven to be the case when Reg is dissected. Bondrewd is a clear wall that the Squad attempts to surpass over and over again, finally succeeding in the end. Bondrewd, as the Sovereign of the Dawn, attempts to usher in a new “dawn” for humanity within the Abyss, with his scientific research and development. Once he realizes that the Squad can themselves lead humanity into a new “dawn”, he backs off and places his hopes within them. Bondred is an intriguing, multi-faceted antagonist that surpasses the majority of villains in anime. In my opinion, one of the greatest anime antagonists of all time.

My second assumption, the fact that I thought Prushka would join the Squad. Haha, well…. yeah. Did not expect that to happen at all. She was really turned into a cartridge. Speaking of Prushka as a character, she’s quite similar to Riko. They’re both small children with the desire to explore and adventure, holding strong to their convictions. Unlike most anime, where the main character would use Talk-no-jutsu to get someone to switch sides and their beliefs in a matter of minutes, Prushka holds fast to what she believes. She has lived her entire life with Bondrewd, and he has treated her with care and a form of familial love. Prushka realizes that he understands her, but he ends up using her in the end. However, even after she’s turned into a cartridge, she continues loving and caring for her “Papa”, wanting to absorb his pain and curses from him. In the end, she loves both Riko and Bondrewd, naively hoping for all of them to go an adventure together while she lay dying as a ball of meat. I really like Prushka’s character, and how she respects and mirrors Riko. In the end, it is clear that Prushka is a different person from Riko, with different personalities and values. This leads into my incorrect third assumption, where Prushka’s will to support and her love for Riko transforms her into a White Whistle. It’s an absolutely gut wrenching and painful ending to Prushka’s life, yet necessary to continue Riko’s purpose and journey. In the end, Meinya ends up joining the Squad, instead of Prushka.

General small things I’d like to mention now. Made In Abyss once again does really well in its worldbuilding. The fish in the beginning shows how unique and intriguing MIA’s creatures and world are. The Sea of Corpses and the Ido Front both seem completely organic within the world of MIA. Bondrewd is just an amazing antagonist overall, but also really off putting due to his quote unquote “morals”. Basically well-written. The movie was fucking brutal. Reg’s examination and dissection made me quite uncomfortable and worried. The explanation of how the cartridges are made were also HRMMM. Prushka’s dissection and creation into a cartridge, where she witnesses her body being cut up and opened. The scene where Prushka’s cartridge spills out, while Riko hugs it, wailing and sobbing. MIA doesn’t fear to make its viewers uncomfortable and put its characters through absolutely brutal situations. This is probably a good place to talk about the infamous “Papa Pole”. Yes, there is a reason for this. It’s the same reason compared to similar moments from Made In Abyss season 1. Moments like this are to highlight the skewed perspective that Riko, Prushka, and the other children have on the world. Even though they suffer through the harsh environment that is the Abyss, they are still children. They haven’t had time to mature, and lived their lives in a society with the Abyss as its center. Their sense of morals and beliefs are warped, as a result. The way Prushka and Riko refer to the, cough, “Papa Pole” without knowing of its implications, show how they’re completely innocent and unaware of sexual processes. Furthermore, the way Prushka specifically refers to it as the “Papa Pole” emphasizes the way her entire world revolves around her Papa, Bondrewd. Everything she thinks and does is based on what he says and does. In the end, that scene serves two purposes: to solidify Prushka and Riko’s characters and to make the reader/viewer uncomfortable.

DOTDS truly expands upon the overall main theme of Made In Abyss. This theme, in my opinion, is that the Abyss holds everything for humans. It holds curses, blessings, mysteries, answers, creatures, environments, and the abyss itself. Bondrewd makes it clear that the Abyss bestows both Curses and Blessings, as Nanachi and eventually he receives. He states that the catalyst to said Blessing is love, a uniquely human emotion. The Abyss bestows horrible curses, yet at the same time grants those who survive superhuman abilities. The core of the Abyss is both inherently human and terribly inhuman. It houses multitudes of creatures and environments that are hostile towards humans, yet grants relics that allow weak humans to utilize supernatural abilities. The Abyss is home to an innumerable number of deaths, yet at the same time an immeasurable amount of life. The Curses of the Abyss are inherently dehumanizing the further one delves. It starts off with mere dizziness, but leads to the loss of the human body, which is done through hemorrhaging in the 4th layer. In the 5th layer, one loses their senses completely, removing what allows humans to essentially acknowledge they exist. And if one cannot acknowledge that they exist, do they exist at all? By taking away one’s senses, the Abyss takes away one’s sense of self along with it. It is clear that the Abyss clearly targets one’s humanity, as monsters like Meinya, the blob creatures, or Nanachi are not affected by the curse. In the sixth layer, one quite literally loses their humanity in one of two different ways: they become a monster or die. The way the Abyss takes away one’s human nature is quite obvious in this case.
The Abyss is clearly meant for humans, one way or another. It’s either meant to trap and destroy humans, or made to challenge and allow them to grow.

In DOTDS, we can see Riko’s growth (?) as a character. The further one delves down, the more one realizes exactly how deep the Abyss’s darkness is. Every White Whistle we have met so far is twisted in one way or another. The essence of being a White Whistle in the first place requires one to sacrifice others. This raises the question, how much of the Abyss can Riko handle? Riko, an impassioned, young, naive, and innocent child. How much can she handle of the Abyss before it destroys her? Riko has, more or less, maintained composure uncharacteristic of a child throughout the series, while at the same time retaining her innocent nature as a child. Even when she was on the brink of death, she remained, essentially, composed. However, the events in DOTDS has clearly scarred and changed Riko as a person. She truly realizes the dark nature of the Abyss in the way Bondrewd damages Reg and utilizes Prushka. When she realizes that Prushka was turned into a cartridge, she holds it, sobbing and breaking down. As Nietzche said, “If you gaze into an Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back.” Made In Abyss poses the question, can Riko maintain her sense of self and her humanity as she “gazes” into the true Abyss that a small fraction of humanity has ever seen a hint of? A small portion of the Abyss’s darkness is seen in Reg. Reg himself, as an Aubade, reflects the Abyss. He is full of mystery, without a certain origin. He holds immense power, and much care and love for the world and the people around him. However, in him is a great darkness, shown to us in the form of Dark Reg. DOTDS ends with viewers asking the usual questions: What is in the Abyss? What exactly is Reg? What will happen to Riko? However, DOTDS adds a layer of complexity to these core questions, and allows the reader to gaze a little bit further into the darkness called the Abyss.

I can ramble on and on and on, but this review is way too fucking long already. Basically, absolute masterpiece of an anime movie. Anyone who hasn’t watched this should.
-
-
-
-
-
END OF REVIEW
My Candies:
Sep 20, 2020 4:32 PM
Jan 2020
March Comes in Like a Lion is a must-watch.

A quick synopsis: there are people that play shogi (Japanese chess). That’s all that can be really said about the exterior of the show because its beauty is held within. If you’ve watched Ping Pong the Animation, Sangatsu is very similar to that in how though the main focus is theoretically the game, the show takes much more priority in developing the characters instead. But that comes later.

The easiest and best place to start is the audio. The openings and endings are rather solid, especially “Haru ga Kite Bokura” (Opening 4) and “I AM STANDING” (Ending 4). However, the music they use within the actual show is just extraordinary. Each track perfectly encaptures the situation and emotions in a very appealing manner. This especially holds true for the shogi matches. As two focused characters sit across from each other and the music begins to play, the music perfectly encapsulates the tone of the match to the point where each game develops an identity of its own. The lack of music just as much adds to the show during some scenes. When a match, for instance, is more serious, the music can cut out to leave only the echo of shogi pieces landing on the board, which holds a strangely engaging feel.

The visuals too are excellent. I might just be a Shaft fanboy, but the art is done very beautifully. There’s a lot of moments in the show in which the viewer’s perspective will shift over to different scenery, which looks absolutely amazing. However, the audiovisuals should hold a speaking voice by the show rather than a wall of text, so I strongly suggest for you to check out the music and art for yourself.

What caught my attention the most, however, was the symbolic way in which the story was told. There’s quite a number of moments in which the story steps away from what is going on in the current moment and goes to tell a story about one of the characters. The show does a fascinating job of taking in a symbolic element and relating it to a character in some way. This way of telling the story allows for the characters to be so much stronger and well-developed than in most other anime I’ve watched.

I’ve seen the occasional complaint that this show is boring, with not much happening in each episode. This is accurate to an extent—Sangatsu is definitely one of the slower shows I’ve watched. However, this anime feels more like a poetic experience, unlike most other anime I’ve seen. It really divulges into the environment and characters, so it is inevitable that the show takes a bit of a slow route. This is a show that shouldn’t be rushed but rather taken at a leisurely pace. If you know me, you’d know that I’m particularly impatient when it comes to anime; I’ll generally prefer a fast-paced show over a slower-paced one. However, this show is definitely an exception. It’ll occasionally take a breath between its more dramatic moments, which nicely lets it do so much more in the process. The show’s slow, but I could never see it as particularly boring.

Of course, I had a few issues with the show. For one, some of the characters were a bit unrelatable. The ones I did had left a strong impact on me, but there were some characters that I barely felt anything for, mainly due to a lack of screen time. Also, the slice of life elements of the show wasn’t anything special. They existed—they were good—but they weren’t special.

When it comes to my favorite shows, I can usually see one or two objectively wrong things about them that I can usually overlook. For Evangelion, for instance, the pacing can feel quite off. In One Room, the girls are a bit underdeveloped due to the length of the series. However, when it comes to Sangatsu, it’s very hard for me to place my finger on anything that I can label as objectively wrong with the show. It’s just that well-made. The concept may seem a bit dull at first, but it’s very much worth a watch.

Score: High 8/10 (Top 10 Show)

Would recommend to fans of Ping Pong the Animation (in the development of characters), the Monogatari series (in the way the symbolism is done), and Barakamon (in the realism of characters)

A quick note about the show: it’s 50% drama, 50% SoL. The show does both well, but it may not be worth watching if you’re only looking for one of these two genres.
My candies:
Sep 24, 2020 10:31 PM
Apr 2020
Poputepipikku/ Pop Team Epic Review

This anime is living proof that random≠funny. I'll have you know that this anime's initial purpose served as fodder for relieving my boredom in the NoU Times Infinity Discord Server's Experience War, where I sought out to desecrate Justin Lube's family name with feats of overwhelming strength and fortitude. In the meanwhile, Pop Team Epic did not impress me in the least as the show's main comedy built on confusing bits that spiraled me into a further state of mental rehabilitation. I understand that this show classifies itself as gag anime and is self-aware, including pop culture references, as the name would suggest, but the material is so poorly drafted and nonsensical that the show loses any direction in the small time allotted for its snippets. As an anime that has stood the test of time and remained as a curious watch on my list, Pop Team Epic underperformed in every imaginable sector. For reference on the severity of these blunders, I'm sure bimbos that somehow manage to carry on with their prolonged and futile existence, including Steffphan, Stephen, NahLogic, and others aliases, would actually relent a chuckle at the knee-slapping comedy they think this show revolutionizes. Maybe I just haven't developed my small brain to recognize the genius of the show, if it even exists, but I'm sure that what I did watch indicated no semblance of coherent and lighthearted comedy. In a shortened summary: where's the funny?

Score--> 45/100---> 4/10
Recommended to people who just want to sit back and deactivate simple brain function (e.g. Steffphan).
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» SIGN PETITION!

Mon_Panache - May 31, 2021

0 by Mon_Panache »»
May 31, 2021 10:09 PM

» Recent Anime Review/Rating/ Discussion 2

AKim714 - Sep 24, 2020

18 by Mon_Panache »»
May 31, 2021 8:55 PM

» Recent Manga Review/Rating/ Discussion

AKim714 - Aug 31, 2020

16 by AKim714 »»
Apr 8, 2021 9:03 PM

» 2020 - Anime of the Year and stuff

Mon_Panache - Dec 31, 2020

4 by ilikesliceoflife »»
Jan 13, 2021 8:21 PM

» Anime/Manga Relations

Mon_Panache - Aug 19, 2020

12 by Mon_Panache »»
Aug 25, 2020 10:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.