Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wave, Listen to Me!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2020 10:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, they're throwing a lot of responsibility to Minare for this audio drama. I'm kinda impressed she can take all this.

She's just doing her job but I have to say, that scene in the rain is pretty chilling.
Jun 5, 2020 11:59 AM

Apr 2016
Well, that radio drama turned into a radio horror drama really fast lol.
Jun 5, 2020 12:03 PM

Feb 2019
Yess Tachibana, you go girl! About time someone confronted Minare about Nakahara. That was actually very hard for her given she obviously likes him too and is aware of how he feels about Minare, yet still trying to offer support.

Minare’s seiyuu continues to be amazing. She just brings so much life to every scene and the radio drama was great because of her. Pretty creepy end to the episode with Mitsuho coming out of his grave, excited to see how the skit finishes up next week!

Still blows my mind how slept on this series is considering it’s got the same mangaka as blade of the immortal
Marinate1016Jun 5, 2020 12:06 PM
Jun 5, 2020 12:10 PM

Sep 2017
Ah man we don't get to hear the entire broadcast this episode. I was pretty excited for that. Am happy that Minare was confronted about Nakahara as well. Hoping they will have a little resolution at some point.
Jun 5, 2020 12:19 PM
Sep 2015
The radio script is still bad but sound effect guys are so cool!

Also I want to kiss Kanetsugu Matou!
Jun 5, 2020 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
Damn, the way you can use sound effects. Pretty cool honestly.
Jun 5, 2020 12:27 PM
Feb 2019
Best episode so far. It's very attractive for me to see insights of how radio dramas are (probably) composed. And ofc voice actors are killing it during the whole series as usual
Jun 5, 2020 12:32 PM

Nov 2018
This episode tells you probably how they go about making an actual radio drama tbh.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
Jun 5, 2020 12:51 PM

May 2019
What kind of a radio drama script was that lol especially that kiss scene was awkward as heck

This anime is the hidden gem of this season.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jun 5, 2020 12:55 PM
𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

Apr 2020
What a great episode! The last two episodes have been really good

I hope to see more of Kureko and the comedian mentioned earlier, it seemed pretty interesting. Funny to see how the sound engineer is jealous of him because Mizuho admires him.

Tachibana finally speaking her mind pretty confidently, she's grown stronger. I hope Nakahara gets over Minare, I feel sad for him.

The sound effects guys really cracked me up, and so did that awkward kissing scene. Really interesting premise for the next episode, exited to see how it turns out.
Jun 5, 2020 1:19 PM
Jul 2013
It's about time Minare got over Mitsuo and hopefully Nakahara will get over Minare as well.
Way to go Tachibana.
Looks like Mizuho is getting some attention too.
Jun 5, 2020 2:35 PM

Nov 2016
"I pocked him in his hole"

"Yeah, I know he's dying his hair in the middle"

This series is so quotable haha.

Minare waifu material confirmed, but she gotta work on her delusions. Poor Nakahara, tho xD

Pretty awesome episode again. Was cool to get more insight into what's going on behind the scenes and the drama this time is even more hilarious than other ones. Can't wait for next week.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 5, 2020 2:40 PM

Sep 2016
This anime is amazing.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Jun 5, 2020 2:49 PM

Jul 2017
somewhere

deep down

I truly belive

Mitsuo was just trying to cook himself
Jun 5, 2020 3:53 PM
Jan 2013
The episode was great and fun an all, but why the heck did they need the recording and to modulate the guy's voice, if literally noone aside from Minare even knew how he sounded? They could use any voice for him on the show and noone would be the wiser, lul
Jun 5, 2020 4:03 PM
Mar 2015
That was hilarious when Mitsuo popped out of the ground looking for his next meal
Jun 5, 2020 9:53 PM

May 2015
Watching the ending after every episode always make me wonder why there are not a lot more more similar character designs in anime like here. I mean these women, and most of all Minare, are sexy as hell, and I am aware of that I see them sexy not just because of the curves of their body or the lines of their faces but most of all because of their proportional, normal sized eyes, that are not the saucers you get all the time in anime.
Jun 5, 2020 10:20 PM
Apr 2018
If only Nakahara can't do house chores... poor him.

phantomfandom said:
Also I want to kiss Kanetsugu Matou!

Same! Same!
Jun 5, 2020 11:48 PM
Apr 2019
Noo, just stay with Mizuho...
Jun 6, 2020 12:05 AM

Oct 2017
Now I can't wait for the next episode to see the rest of the drama lmao.
Jun 6, 2020 1:57 AM

Jun 2013
One of my favorite episodes tbh. I liked seeing the sound effects duo, I remember watching a Youtube video of how certain sound effects were made and that was so cool to see. I'm not gonna lie, I ship Minare with both Nakahara and her boss at the radio station, Matou-san. I don't know how old he is but if Minare's into immature guys and spoils them, maybe that's why her love life and perhaps even finances are in shambles. Perhaps a more mature guy who knows what he wants in life will be a better fit for her.
臭い-
Jun 6, 2020 2:40 AM

Jul 2017
NOOOO Kureko, please stay! You may be old, but you have a rich life! It's clear that Mizuho has a deep appreciation (nto to mention afflicted love) for him, but the sound engineer...whoop jealousy.

It's obvious that for Minare, the hellish exprience with "The Man, The Myth, The Legend" ex-boyfriend Mitsuo last episode has cursed her senseless. But with this story, Director Mato has decided to "bury him for good".

Nakahara and Makie really got that lovey-dovey situation within the restuarant, HEH. But the man really still lingers feelings for Minare so much that her radio job really gives him the scares when it comes to "physical intimacy" and love life...so much so that Makie's dergatory feelings towards Minare just rolls off steam.

The sound effects though...SCARILY RELATABLE, but insanely hilarious on the sense of hearing. Kakoton and Kakoen's appearance as Pigsy and Chimpy in the manga was akin to animal facials, but the anime I'd thought was a nice touch to reference their character designs. DEFINITELY the terms of "self-depreciaton + bad puns = nuisances" (which got me LOLing hard).

The job of manipulating sample voices...of course, you'd rely on sound engineers to make it sound realistic. And the story, a perfect replica sotyr and ending to Minare and Mitsuo's relationship and etch her in as a permanent figure in their radio company.

A murdered body figure that turns into a zombie story? Can't wait for the ongoing drama!

Very solid episode, sad to see this ending in 2 episodes.
Jun 6, 2020 4:01 AM

Jul 2016
So, the sound effects thing. Like, okay cool, there showing off how certain sounds are recreated in studio settings, but I'm curious; What was used to make the sounds for that scene in real life? When they're showing off the rain fans in the anime, was that the sound of an actual rain fan in one of Sunrise's recording booths, or was that the sound of some other object meant to mimic the sound of a device that's meant to mimic the sound of rain?! That scene is meta as fuck and my brain is melting trying to figure out what Sunrise had to do.

The other thing I wanted to say is a lot less positive, and it's something I've brought up before. I'm not an expert on Japanese law, so I'm assuming what they're doing with Mitsuo's voice is legal, but isn't it at least unethical to take someone's surreptitiously recorded voice, edit it to change what they're saying and then air it on the radio with their real name still attached (without the person's knowledge or consent) for profit?

Like, I'm not trying to defend Mitsuo here, (and again, I don't know Japanese law) but if this was set in my own country, I'm pretty sure he'd be well within his rights to sue them.
Jun 6, 2020 5:08 AM
Apr 2020
ahhhh cliffhanger again..
Jun 6, 2020 11:54 AM

May 2018
Ahhh Tachibana like Nakhara but Nakahra like Minare, man isn't this ironic.....
Jun 6, 2020 1:49 PM

Feb 2008
One way or another, this radio drama will be a turning point for Minare.

The sound effects crew was... eccentric.
Jun 6, 2020 4:31 PM

Sep 2011
I kind of understand Minare, and I know that things are never this easy/clear-cut, but I think it's better to be wanted than needed. And people like Mitsuo who can't do anything are honestly a turn-off, but different strokes for different folks I guess. Poor Nakahara was pretty much rejected again for being able to take care of himself. lol And Makie slapping his back was really cute by the way. He still has feelings for Minare, but it seems that Makie likes him after all. I kind of understand why Minare got annoyed, but I also understand why Makie said that to her. And it was nice to get to know that legendary duo, and I love how Koumoto didn't question the "realistic ghost sound." xD I think it was an accurate demonstration of how they produced sounds back then and it was honestly interesting. Oh, and Mizuho seems to have strong feelings for Kureko, even if they aren't romantic, and that Koumoto might not be as cool as I hoped he would be. The radio drama is cool so far too, and I like the idea of Minare being "buried" with Mitsuo to be reborn anew, as a radio personality. The "like a Latin romance" moment was funny too, and of course things had to get weird. Can't wait to see how it ends. xD
Jun 7, 2020 4:16 AM

Jun 2019
Marinate1016 said:
Yess Tachibana, you go girl! About time someone confronted Minare about Nakahara. That was actually very hard for her given she obviously likes him too and is aware of how he feels about Minare, yet still trying to offer support.

Completely agree, really hope Miss Tachibana ends up with Nakahara, although i've got this feeling they won't. He seems pretty hopelessly in love with Minare (as I think I would be if I knew her irl, she seems to be one of those people that captivate others and they can't get her out of their mind or let go of their feelings for her).
Jun 7, 2020 9:40 AM

Nov 2011
The amount of quirky weird feel good characters this show has reminds me of Space Brothers, great stuff.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 7, 2020 11:43 AM

Nov 2009
Minare, surprisingly, has a lot of issues to work through, in particular her tendency to find immature men attractive, spoil them and and fear it when a man can take care of himself says something about her insecurities. She's probably in denial and even fears how much she appreciates Nakahara due to them, but she was rattled when she she thought he was a player and going for Tachibana, and she was obviously shaken when she learned how mistaken she was. I think there will come a day she's worked through her issues partly due to what her radio show explores, and if Nakahara can last long enough to see it, they'll get together in a trully successful relationship.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 7, 2020 4:35 PM

Dec 2016
_Dusty_ said:
The other thing I wanted to say is a lot less positive, and it's something I've brought up before. I'm not an expert on Japanese law, so I'm assuming what they're doing with Mitsuo's voice is legal, but isn't it at least unethical to take someone's surreptitiously recorded voice, edit it to change what they're saying and then air it on the radio with their real name still attached (without the person's knowledge or consent) for profit?

I agree with you. When I saw that, my first thought was: "isn't this illegal?!" but I don't know how they manage these things in Japan... or maybe it's indeed illegal but since it's fiction, they decided to take some liberties regarding laws and stuff.

Personally, I don't think Minare is playing with Nakahara's affection. Since day one, she made quite clear the fact that she isn't interested in him but I agree that she should be more considerate with the guy... That said, I only hope Tachibana and Nakahara end up together since I think they would make a good couple. ♥

Anyway, I loved the last part of the episode. Those sound effects experts taught me a lot about how their profession used to be in the past and I have to say that I found it quite interesting.
By the way, the way how their characters were designed was quite funny (🐵🐷). xD
Jun 7, 2020 11:35 PM

Oct 2008
Excellent superb episode!
that script is really precise! and creepy!
i wonder how listeners would react!?
5/5.

btw...sound effects crew dudes are the real deal!

Jun 8, 2020 6:41 AM

Feb 2017
Those sound effects guys are pretty cool.
I am glad she was confronted about Nakahara. I wonder how will that relationship progress
Jun 8, 2020 11:00 AM

Jul 2016
I knew Matou-san had the hots for Minare (and honestly, who wouldn't?) but seriously, he kinda sucks at writing scripts. The start of their Radio Drama was like reading an absurd self-insert fanfiction lol.

Makie confronting Minare about Nakahara was probably the highlight of the episode to me. It was being about time for that romantic sub-plot to be properly addressed and being honest, after knowing that Minare wants to play the mommy role in all of her romantic relationships, I'm now all down for self-sufficient Nakahara to get over her and start dating Makie.

And on a side note, sound effects guys were really cool. The way they explained how the most mundane of things can be used to make sounds was truly fascinating.
Jun 10, 2020 12:03 PM

Dec 2016
Ishitateso said:
Watching the ending after every episode always make me wonder why there are not a lot more more similar character designs in anime like here. I mean these women, and most of all Minare, are sexy as hell, and I am aware of that I see them sexy not just because of the curves of their body or the lines of their faces but most of all because of their proportional, normal sized eyes, that are not the saucers you get all the time in anime.

Well, the same the same mangaka made Blade of the Immortal.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.167/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Aug 7, 2020 11:08 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The first sequence was the misunderstanding of Chuuya. Makie being exaggerating on that scene made it hard to believed what was goin there. Then Minare leaving Mizuho's home. Ah, okay, Minare!

As expected, the whole next episode became into more ridiculous. They even needed the legendary sounds effect maker and manipulate Mitsuo voices into a perfect one. Great. Another fantasy story of Minare color the first debut of her as the radio announcer. And its really a hilarious story after all. I am laughing so hard with its concept. Nice kiss Mato-san!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 26, 2020 1:55 PM

Jul 2015
Despite some misunderstandings I agree with Tachibana that it was insensitive of Minare to tell all that stuff near Nakahara while knowing his feelings but never gave him an answer to it.

Those two soundmasters may look weird but they definitely got some 'blackmail' level skills which is impressive given their age. So..since when did this become voice acting instead of just radio host rambling on the spot...

Sep 1, 2021 6:17 AM

Dec 2020
DAAANG that horror drama was something else

im pretty interested in the writer's character now, along with the others of course and since i dont think they'll be able to finish those characters by the time this show ends ill definitely be continuing the manga
Apr 14, 2022 2:23 AM

May 2009
I know I might be weird saying it this far into the anime.. But I don't really understand much about this anime lol. I like the setting, the adult-based story and there are bits to like. But most of the time it feels so random? Like there is no main storyline? I might completely misunderstand this show, but it doesn't seem to grasp me at all. With just two episodes left I am definitely completing the show (it's not a drag to go through) but I have no idea how to judge this show. It's a nice chill in-the-background running show for me.. but that's about it. honestly. lol

Also the radio storylines seem so.. random. Maybe I just don't get this type of radio. heh
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Nov 18, 2023 12:07 AM

Nov 2022
The more I know of Minare the more i realize just how much of a flawed human being she is. It's pretty good but oh boy, I wonder how many people think like her, it seems so alien to me
Feb 9, 3:05 PM
Feb 2022
Tachibana deserves to be with Nakahara.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

48 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 7, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2020

82 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:39 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2020

41 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 18, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2020

61 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 14, 2023 12:24 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2020

48 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 12, 2023 9:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.