Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 17, 2020 4:35 AM
Feb 2016
So,I finished both seasons of higurashi a couple of days ago and something has been bugging me since they revealed hanyuu in season 2. The show tells us that hanyuu has been with Rika for over 100 years reliving the months/weeks leading up to festival. So I wanted to know why hanyuu could only tell Rika what happened in the previous world after she decided to show herself and encounter Takano. Is it because she met with takano and said to her that she will be reborn in the next world and stop her ? Or is it because she finally decided to stop this after she learned that fate can be changed? Do her memories of the previous world only resurface after she takes on a real form ? I would really appreciate some good explanations to my questions.
Apr 24, 2020 2:08 AM

Feb 2018
Hanyuu is Oyashiro-sama, of course her ability is like a god. Hanyu has ability to turn tragedy into destiny. The future is a mysterious thing, as if we were in the middle of the sea. Hanyuu's ability is to change the future, but I need to make it clear that Oyashiro-sama's figure is a god, they are formed from human beliefs. They have no object, so an intermediary is needed to connect the gods and humans. I have heard that in Japan there is a myth to summon spirits or gods in need of a container for the soul of the god, a container meant for the human body. To summon a god, the body of the human being does not have a left leg and right eye. But in the village of Hinamizawa no one meets these requirements, it can be concluded that this assumption is wrong. back to the beginning of the story, a god is a spirit so it has no form. Then we draw the second conclusion, if in Hinamizawa village does not meet the requirements of the first conclusion, it is certain that the closest person and the temple administrator in Hinamizawa village is the right person. The choice fell to Rika Furude, Hanyuu could not use her strength because she was a spirit without objects, whereas Rika was only an ordinary human so she did not have the ability. Even though Hanyuu has the power of a god, it has no effect because his ability will be active if he already has a container to accommodate his own soul. This conclution maybe can answer, What is Hanyu's ability? What conditions are possible for and why should Rika Furude? It's easier to imagine Hanyu's ability to be the same as Subaru's (from Re Zero Kara's Hajimeru Isekai Seiketsu). ** This is my opinion, believe or not is up to you. **
SyureriaApr 24, 2020 2:32 AM
Apr 24, 2020 7:23 AM
Feb 2016
That sounds plausible. I appreciate the indept post. It helped me with erasing a lot of confusion I had with the latter half of season 2. Thanks!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.