Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2020 10:28 AM

Jun 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
King Rashid was really a great Mentor. One of the best relationships in this manga hands down. Definitely deserved the badass sake send off scene. It also kind of explains why Sinbad has such a soft spot for Alibaba, even wen he clearly shouldn't like during the end of Magi. iirc he was way too lenient with him; he just let Alibaba jump through so many loop holes which ultimately led to his demise.

I also wonder if it's a coincidence that David spoke to Sinbad again right before meeting with Aladdin. Oh wait it's David nothing is a coincidence. xD

Overall I really enjoyed this manga. I really love the world Magi takes place in and this prequel was very much needed. The only part I didn't really like was when Serendine Zepar'd Sinbad and then in the original series Sinbad does the exact same thing with Kougyoku; albeit for opposite reasons Serendine started a war and Sinbad ended one. But after being enslaved and mind controlled forcing him to do things against his own will you would expect Sinbad to be vehemently against such tactics. But I guess it just shows how warped Sinbad's view of the world is and how much of a god complex he has; if it will advance his goals he'll do anything because he can only trust himself to bring about a better world.

And what happened to the black metal vessel Falan gave Sinbad? I thought it was going to be a Chekhov's gun. But I can't recall it being used unless it was in a small panel. I guess its possible it also was destroyed with his other vessels when he faced off against Barbarbossa.
Speaking of Falan, when David was smack talking her about how he'll kill her like her son I was dying omg. The Man's ruthless.
Feb 7, 2021 7:51 PM
Apr 2020
This chapter concludes one of the best manga that I've read. This was one wild journey, we see Sinbad's journey and how he became the legendary king that he is in Magi. He had a overcome a ton of ordeals and I personally think this manga is just as good as the original.

Onto the chapter, I absolutely loved the relationship that Sinbad and King Rashad had, he was a true mentor to Sinbad and helped him out in so many ways. Now I know why he was willing to do so much to help Alibaba and Balbadd. The sake panels made me tear up a bit because of the great relationship and the fact that he's dead and his country has gone down hill.
Also it was great to see how the prequel connected to the sequel. Sinbad got drunk outside and meets Aladdin and Morgiana.

10/10 manga
Feb 26, 9:55 PM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
Sigh, this wasn’t as good as Magi. I don’t like Sinbad and his generals as much as Aladdin/Morgiana/Alibaba and the final villain sucked. I would trade this spinoff for more screentime/arcs dedicated to characters who would benefit from it (Morgiana, Yun, Kouen, Koumei, Kouha, Hakuei, Mu and his household, Scheherazade). Oh, and I preferred Ohtaka’s art too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: Sinbad no Bouken Chapter 135 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2017

3 by LeonhartAugust »»
Feb 26, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Magi: Sinbad no Bouken Chapter 103 Discussion

Stark700 - May 7, 2016

8 by LeonhartAugust »»
Feb 26, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Magi: Sinbad no Bouken Chapter 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2016

5 by LeonhartAugust »»
Feb 26, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Magi: Sinbad no Bouken Chapter 102 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2016

4 by LeonhartAugust »»
Feb 26, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Magi: Sinbad no Bouken Chapter 100 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2016

7 by LeonhartAugust »»
Feb 26, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.