Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 18, 2020 3:23 AM

Apr 2013
This club has not been very active these last few years so Fiurgeist made me admin to try to revive it since it already has some people interested in this genre. Don't know if this will work or not but I think it's worth trying.
To start with, I thought it could be a good idea to have our first topic dedicated to presenting ourselves as well as our relation with Gekiga, whether you're already experienced or if you're just here because you want to discover it. Make it short or long if you want.

It's also the first time I take care of a club, still here's some of ideas I had it :
- make it a place to share the reviews or blogs produced by the members of mal as they can be easily drowned into the mass.
- Make some topics dedicated to specific authors, talk about the new releases...
2020 is the year where Yoshiharu Tsuge complete works will be published in English so it would be a good time to discuss this
- The clubs format seems to be outdated and not the best place for discussion and probably aren't visited often so a discord server would probably be more appropriate (depends on how many people are interested)
If you have any ideas how to improve and revamp the club (I haven't touched the presentation yet) please throw them in as well !

So I guess since I'm the one starting this I have to start
My name is Robin and I currently live in France, I've been seriously into reading manga for slightly more than 10 years now, I'm also interested in comics and sequential art as a whole. I like to go to libraries and collect a lot to find obscure series. Favourite genres are historical dramas and samurai stories.
I only discovered about gekiga recently, around 2018, even though I had read some of them and already familiar with some of the well known authors, I only became aware of the word when it was mentionned on one of the introductions of a Yoshihiro Tatsumi book. which lead me to watch some videos and articles about gekiga and Garo.
From then I've been actively seeking them out, though some of them are really hard to find now. Lately I've also been interested in the nouvelle manga created by Boilet.

Don't know what I should say more, have a good day !
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 19, 2020 12:15 AM

May 2015
Hi, my name is Cloudia. I live in New Zealand.
One of my favourite manga is Tezuka's MW which is one of his most famous Gekiga works. I am not too knowledgeable on Gekiga but I enjoy discovering and reading them. I love the dark themes that other mediums shy away from depicting.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Club Relations

Robinne - Jan 19, 2020

1 by Flavien_n »»
Jan 19, 2020 6:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.