Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 18, 2020 10:05 PM

Apr 2009
...i thought Escanor had a day/night form, wasn't it nighttime King was drinking away and crap?
i could understand if the glasses were there to suppress his daytime-form during the day, but it makes no sense loosing them would make him have his daytime-form during nighttime?
-there are a bunch of lights and lanterns on in the otherwise kinda dark environments- so wtf gives?!

and man; i can't stop seeing how bad the animation is in this season. the framing/pacing of the episode makes it feel so much less like a proper episode adapted from the manga, and much more like a filler i shouldn't care about.
-let's make extended animation to show everyone of the sins drinking from their cup, fulling up an entire minute or so of the episode we don't have to use to animate anything else that could be of interest!
a group-shot of them all drinking would have been enough contextually, and shortened that extension to maybe 12 seconds at most _xp

still frames dragging on forever, sudden changes between perspectives with zero transition, inconsistencies within even the characters; Elizabeth having one earing, then two, then one again _xp
man, this animation-work feels so sloppy DX_

wow; if the ones making this season weren't so damn bad at what they do, that last reveal could have been kinda emotional
KonaniSep 18, 2020 10:30 PM
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Oct 14, 2020 12:30 PM
Jul 2017
Lmao. Escanor was about to rip some shit up.

Diane needs some stool hardener?

Also, good backstory here I guess. Seems like Liz is RIP soon. Lazy animation and jumbled scenes, continuing issues.
Dec 4, 2020 2:52 PM

Jan 2008
So, yes, of course, the Manga did have its flaws. But this adaptation is way below that... everything about it makes me cringe. The animation is just hideous and sloppy and the pacing is awkward. I am actually pretty sad they massacred the source material like this. ._. It somehow became really clear in this episode again when the reveal felt like it had no impact at all.

May 27, 2021 2:38 PM
Oct 2019
pretty cool to learn she keeps resurrecting. but i cannot stand her character. she's happy that she's lived with meliodas for 3,000 years even though she can't remember any of those years except for the last few months. she's a moron

where tf does hendrickson appear from? and then he rides off with jericho(?) and another holy knight? bizarre things like that have been happening all season. sigh

ban talking to meliodas about having to watch the woman he loves die twice, while not knowing that meliodas has had to watch the woman he loves die countless times over the past 3,000 years. rough. makes sense why meliodas didn't want to tell elizabeth the truth, even though he looked like an ass in that scene

and how was zeldris able to reside in merlin's mind? and then give elizabeth her memories back? it just...happened?

i'm glad diane asked gowther how the original gowther actually ended the holy war, because that was bugging me. but we didn't get an answer...
Dec 1, 2021 2:53 AM

Apr 2013
Tbh the whole Elizabeth reborn thing was already quite clear a while ago, so the reveal was not that interesting.
Apr 17, 2022 6:21 PM
Sep 2020
The animation quality was pretty bad this ep lol.

I think the reincarnation idea makes sense, I just hope Elizabeth doesn't die now bc of it.
Aug 23, 2023 4:10 AM
Apr 2023
Story and reveals were really really good, but again the animation was very bad this episode, even worse then previously. But I just love the reveal of Elizabeth being reincarnated, it’s so cool.
Feb 25, 1:56 AM

Sep 2023
In this thread (and every thread for every episode either during or after season 2) - "Wah muh quality; ugh this animation sucks; my middle names are Cynical Gatekeeper and I am an elitist snob."

Fuck that whiny shit, this show is good, and I don't understand why a small degradation in quality is being blown out of proportion. I know my current profile doesn't show it but my old profile from 8 years ago (that I lost the password to after being mugged of my phone and laptop) had approximately 350 watched anime. Add another however many more... I just don't see why people shit on this. I mean, I have seen anime with WAY worse animation quality get ravingly good reviews and MAL score. And it's like, when I talk to people I know in person, nobody complains about the quality, and they like the series. This place is way too 4chan-esque in the sense of expectations. Watch it for what it is and comment about the story. That's the point of threads. To actually talk about the story. If you don't like the story, that's totally fine, because it's a valid comment about your opinion on the STORY. I personally don't care all too much for AoT or Naruto, but I don't bother with shitting on them because I know they are still good shows that just aren't for me, that's all. But again, I still would be fine seeing negative comments about the story of this show. I like 7DS for what it is. I just really don't understand the logic of people continuing to watch a show they don't like. You can just like, ya know, STOP watching it 🧐...

But whatever. I'm just as guilty for this comment that isn't talking about the story in this episode, so hello hypocritical me 🤷 nonetheless, it just baffles me people continue watching a show for the sole purpose of shitting on it. I watch anime for enjoyment, and if I don't like a show, I drop it and move to something else. I believe in the pursuit of enjoyment. I watch anime for fun, for pleasure. I don't continue watching multiple seasons of a show I stopped liking in prior seasons. Why do that to yourself?

----------

What a bomb we just had dropped on us! I am excited to see what happens with Elizabeth moving forward. Also, I loved Merlin's snap at Diane. I love Diane, but gosh is she clueless sometimes.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

90 by masons_anime78 »»
May 21, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

190 by aristotle002 »»
Apr 14, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.