Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2019 1:42 PM

Apr 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So yesterday I watched wataru because it was getting uploaded on bandai spirits channel and I noticed they also had this rather unknown mecha series on there.
And...I can really understand why this is unknown, this first episode was extremely boring, can be summed um by a poor man's star trek, the plot is generic af, the cast is bland and the the fights sucks.
Honestly don't know if I'm gonna finish this series.
Jul 13, 2022 7:39 PM

Jan 2020
Kinda confused. Is this voltron?
Dec 23, 2022 1:53 PM
Dec 2022
I think this is a great series. The Voltron version of it is a total train wreck, but the original is fantastic. Some of the stories are just plain silly, like the amazon planet episode, but others are quite excellent. Some of the stories deal with serious war themes like losing friends, odd ball decisions made by command authorities, and even logistics find their way into various episodes. I'd love to catch the who series from start to finish.
Dec 23, 2022 1:58 PM
Dec 2022
KiroTheAssassin said:
Kinda confused. Is this voltron?
Not really.  This is Diarugger XV which is the original series that the so called Vehicle Voltron was based on.  New World Entertainment imported series like these and stitched them together, losely, into a semi-coherent series called Voltron.  This series, Go-Lion (that's the main series everyone thinks about when they hear Voltron), and another series were to be packaged together.  I don't remember the 3rd series' name, and to my knowledge it never got released.  Honestly, I wish that they had just left the shows intact and kept them faithful to the Japanese originals.  On the other hand, it wouldn't have really worked as they were imported, and edited, to fit younger audiences in the US.  The original storylines were pretty gritty and rather brutal at times, so they wouldn't have made it onto TV in the US back in the 70's and 80
s. 
May 8, 4:40 AM
Ninja Consultant

Mar 2022
The space exploration angle is very cool, the combined super robot looks awesome, but the cast is so huge I wonder if I'll remember even a third of the pilots' names by the end of the series.

Some of the backgrounds on the planet they were exploring really looked gorgeous. Several of the shots of the landscape with the giant moon taking up much of the horizon seriously looked like they could have been the cover art for a 1970s prog rock album.
Beep boop

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kikou Kantai Dairugger XV Episode 3 Discussion

JaceyFox - May 12

0 by JaceyFox »»
May 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Kikou Kantai Dairugger XV Episode 2 Discussion

JaceyFox - May 10

0 by JaceyFox »»
May 10, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Kikou Kantai Dairugger XV Episode 28 Discussion

povsuduvolosy - Feb 4, 2023

0 by povsuduvolosy »»
Feb 4, 2023 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.