Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 24, 2019 6:26 AM

May 2015
Angry gloxinia was scary as hell. ;d
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 27, 2019 12:56 AM

Oct 2017
Well so they indeed went back in time and it wasn't something like virtual reality, nice. Also good for king he made the right decision and came back.
Nov 27, 2019 3:18 PM
Apr 2016
Oh, that's nice, first to complete the thing. The other one is in a troublesome situation though.
Dec 7, 2019 12:46 PM
Mar 2019
This has been the best episode of the season so far, without a doubt; possibly one of the most emotionally impactful episodes in the entire series as well!
King and Gloxinia went through a ton of character development this episode. How can anyone deny this episode as a highlight in the series when this is the very first time we've seen any expression of emotion from Doll Gowther (other than he maniacal and confused laughing after Galand killed the rest of the sins in Revival).

I didn't really care for Rou and Gerhaude's relationship. I enjoyed the symbolism of her losing an eye for her sin (an eye for an eye) but felt their relationship was pretty heavily forced.
Is Ban a reincarnation of Rou or am I misinterpreting that?
Feb 3, 2020 12:33 PM

Sep 2018
Gotta say this is maybe the dumbest show I have ever witnessed take itself seriously. A grade schooler could come up with a more coherent storyline. I'm baffled even though I expected nothing from the writing seeing as the first 2 seasons were pretty stupid to begin with. But this is reaching new lows so deep that it has enhanced my appreciation for decent story and character writing in anime. Can't say I'm not enjoying it anyway though.
Mar 23, 2020 10:49 PM

Feb 2013
He didn't make the same choice, good!
Apr 9, 2020 5:53 AM

May 2018
Gowther crying? now that's a first
Aug 6, 2020 10:13 AM

Jan 2020
Hope there is more Escanor back story since he hasn't been included
Aug 16, 2020 10:04 AM

May 2020
I'm so confused about whats going on.
Oct 14, 2020 11:11 AM
Jul 2017
That one was better. Best episode so far.
Jan 28, 2021 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
Ashhk said:
I really hate Ban x Elaine.
At least we get to see more of Gowther in this season, he is truly one of the best characters of Nanatsu no Taizai

Za_Warudio said:
Ashhk said:
I really hate Ban x Elaine.
At least we get to see more of Gowther in this season, he is truly one of the best characters of Nanatsu no Taizai

I agree I don't t know why but I've never been a fan of that ship.

Yeah. I'm not a fan of the ship. Elaine just looks too young to me even though I know she's a fairy. But going by the context of this episode, it seems that Ban is the reincarnation of the human Rou and Elaine is the reincarnation of his childhood lover. This episode gives a little more perspective into their relationship.
May 27, 2021 12:12 PM
Oct 2019
fart noise. don't care about this stupid lame love interest story between two people that don't know each other and literally just met. and now they're dead (almost)

king not killing that traitorous human simply because ban and his dead sister love each other? lmfao that's stupid

has seven deadly sins always been this awful/corny? there's no humor this season. just a bunch of corny fights, relationships, dialogue. aside from gowther and gowther, there's not been much to interest me

on the bright side, at least there hasn't been any sexual assault by meliodas (yet)

i thought people hated on this season because of the animation? so i figured i'd be immune since i'm not an animation snob. but the show/story/plot/dialogue itself is underwhelming... 6/10
Nov 29, 2021 11:52 AM

Apr 2013
So wait... Gloxinia made a bad decision by letting that human protect his forest. He ended up killing the giants and angels who tried to protect the gate. And now Gloxinia is pissed at the giants and angels because his sister got hurt? Either that's the worst reason I've ever heard for someone to become evil or Gloxinia is the biggest retard in the history of anime.
Mar 19, 2022 1:36 AM
Sep 2020
Fav ep so far in the season!
I liked the messaged from this ep, tho it seems like others didn't..
Aug 19, 2023 5:55 AM
Apr 2023
Really good! I loved seeing Commandant Gowther revealing himself and asking about the future and Sin Gowther having actual emotions. And the scene with Rou and Gerheade was really sweet. It was very emotional and the pay off was great, with King not cutting him in half, but then we still get to see that frame in a beautiful style. I love that 3 second scene.
Feb 24, 1:56 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Frostycat
That jumpscare shot got me lol.

Most enjoyable episode for the season so far, in my opinion though.

I have an interesting question, in the end, King has chosen not to kill that Ban-like guy, altering the fate and history corrects itself, and King return to present world and pass the test.

My question is: if King decides not to go to save that fairy sister girl at all, say, staying with Meliodas, and that Ban-like guy is not killed. Ultimately, the fate is still changed. Will he return to the present world? Will he pass or fail the test?
@Frostycat
Ah, but this line of thinking defies the logic of personality continuity. Basically, there is no "choice" in the sense that, King is King, and being who he is, will only ever and always, infinitely choose the path he did choose, therefore there does not exist a version of him that would choose to not try to save Gerheade.

Understand the fact that, the logic used here is infinite iterations of time *within* the same universe, not a parallel *different* universe. Essentially, we can never have not chosen to do what we did within the same universe, even if we were "taken back to the starting point" of the event. This also implies the erasure of the memory of every prior completion of time of said event. To have retained the original or every prior memory of the iteration would be to sidestep into a parallel universe, meaning creating a new timeline.

In this case, King will have always chosen to save Gerheade, *because* he already chose to save Gerheade, and every rollback of time to the starting point necessitates the erasure of the prior memory, meaning he will always again choose exactly the same path as he did, because his personality and memory will be exactly the same as it was at every beginning of each reiteration of time.

In simpler terms, the past cannot be changed without creating a NEW timeline, where the original timeline still remains to pass exactly as it already did. And, the creation of a changed past will always end up this way, with an original and a new separate timeline.

Now, with this in mind, if we changed the question to purposely consider the creation of a new timeline, where he was able to retain the memory of choosing to try to save Gerheade, but in the new timeline chose to do something else, and disregarded the original timeline and its outcome as impertinent to the specific question being asked: If King chose to do something else, the conditions of the "test" created by Gloxinia will have been sidestepped, because the whole point of the test in and of itself *was* for Gloxinia to see what King would do or not do to Rou. From here we can speculate either 1. That Gloxinia would have involved himself into the illusion to guide King to the original purpose of the test, therefore reestablishing the meeting of King and Rou, or 2. That Gloxinia would consider his choice not to save Gerheade as a failure and King would have remained in the illusion - key point here - it isn't possible to change the past, as Gloxinia himself stated directly to King in this episode. See, because of Gloxinia *pulling King out of the past* we know the original reality didn't change (as we saw by the jumpscare scene, Rou WAS killed by the real Gloxinia of the past!) and can thus conclude nothing DID change, and will remain as it was. Another key point here is that the real Gowther explains the amazing fact that doll Gowther *will have forgotten* the past in the future. Now, although Gloxinia says he sent them to the real past, that doesn't mean he sent them to the real TIME of the past, but rather the real events of the past within a simulation shared between his (Gloxinia's) conscience, King's conscience, and Diane's conscience. This means the law of the timeline will not be broken, and if Diane fucks up somehow and remains in a coma (physically dead for simplicity's sake) and only alive within her conscience, as soon as Gloxinia sees she has failed, he will STOP the shared conscience simulation, killing her for real... OR, 3. Gloxinia *creates* a new timeline by merging the simulation with reality, and Diane continues within a separate timeline.

Personally, I doubt the writer's will make Diane fuck up. I mean, she's pretty integral to the show. So. I mean... We'll see, I guess.

(When I was in college I spent months of free time learning about time travel and the logics/philosophies previously contended and argued about. The "paradoxes" don't exist, there is always a way to prove them wrong by either the creation of a new timeline or the usage of practical logic. Essentially, for the grandfather or father killing paradox, if you kill your grandpa or father - or mother or ANY direct ancestor - you will die in your original timeline, but through the act, a new timeline is created where you continue to exist. But nonetheless, all of this is hypothetical philosophy. Time travel into the past is not possible, physically. This is partially proven by entropy, or the "using up of" energy, which always leads to an end. The universe does have an expiration date, or rather, all energy will, at some point VERY far in the future, be used up. Time can be slowed or sped up, relatively speaking, by temperature and/or velocity, but cannot be reversed in a way that we could consciously experience. By that I mean, the only possible way time could have a theoretical chance at reversing necessitates immediate death: black holes.)
GearheadOtakuFeb 24, 2:07 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

90 by masons_anime78 »»
May 21, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

190 by aristotle002 »»
Apr 14, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.