Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2019 12:29 AM

Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The infamous colony drop catastrophe led to the deaths of at least half the Earth's population? Damn... watching all the people and animals inside die from asphyxiation was awful to watch too.

What is it with Sayla's luck? All her big life-altering reveals happen at once lmao

"Your brother's alive, by the way your adoptive father is dying"

Mineva cameo too was cute
Nov 30, 2022 7:51 PM
May 2020
I still don't understand why they felt they had to kill a whole colony and drop it on the Earth. NOTHING COULD justify that short of a zombie apocalypse.
Still, it is amazing how dictators throughout history will lie to themselves to keep going because the truth would drive them to suicide.
Now I am wondering why Garm didn't object to this. I was told the community for this show says "Garm did nothing wrong". But, hey, he didn't do anything RIGHT EITHER with the power given to him! And, I still don't understand why Carval would agree to fight for Zeon if they commit all this crap if he just wants to get close to them to murder them all. He could have become a servant in their mansion! Why is he killing so many millions for them?!?!?
Jul 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Jul 2017
1Konochi said:
I still don't understand why they felt they had to kill a whole colony and drop it on the Earth.  NOTHING COULD justify that short of a zombie apocalypse. 
Still, it is amazing how dictators throughout history will lie to themselves to keep going because the truth would drive them to suicide. 
Now I am wondering why Garm didn't object to this.  I was told the community for this show says "Garm did nothing wrong".  But, hey, he didn't do anything RIGHT EITHER with the power given to him!  And, I still don't understand why Carval would agree to fight for Zeon if they commit all this crap if he just wants to get close to them to murder them all.  He could have become a servant in their mansion!  Why is he killing so many millions for them?!?!?
this is the same question I have, i really don't understad char's actions
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Nov 7, 2023 11:00 PM

May 2019
Man, the Zabi's are messed up.
Apr 29, 2:55 PM

May 2015
Funnily enough, the first scene of this episode was the very first I once randomly saw without realizing that it's a Gundam show. Didn't understand in back then, and tbh only now at my second proper watch of Origin I fully grasped what was going on.

Dropping a colony to end the war in one fell swoop as if it's not going to cause another cycle of war = military logic. Those guys are a bunch of lying dickheads, and acting like poisoning the colony citizens is some kind of merciful act is such a bs. If they cared about their people at all they could have evacuated them at least, but of course big shots have no time for this and don't care about anyone but themselves and their "for the greater good" delusions.

^Garma doesn't have any power compared to the rest of Zabi family. His meek objections wouldn't change anything. Even Degwin couldn't talk sense into his own son. Dozle too couldn't do anything (although he agreed to the initial plan where the colony was supposed to hit only Jaburo, not Earth). Besides, Garma most certainly had no idea about any such plans in the first place and afterwards, what can he do, really?

As for Casval, while his objective is to take revenge on Zabi, he can't get too close to them, otherwise he'd get recognised. By fighting he is building up a reputation for himself as a trusted soldier so that he can be at the forefront of future operations. Seems fairly logical to me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - Advent of the Red Comet Episode 13 Discussion

Rod_Russ - Aug 14, 2019

12 by Ten »»
Apr 29, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - Advent of the Red Comet Episode 11 Discussion

Vysarine - Sep 15, 2019

4 by Ten »»
Apr 29, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - Advent of the Red Comet Episode 8 Discussion

Vysarine - Aug 25, 2019

3 by Ten »»
Apr 29, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - Advent of the Red Comet Episode 6 Discussion

Berry-Vodka - Jul 16, 2021

4 by Ten »»
Apr 29, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - Advent of the Red Comet Episode 5 Discussion

Berry-Vodka - Jul 16, 2021

4 by Ten »»
Apr 29, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.