Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Just finished the series and it isn't even as "horrible" as people make it out to be lol

New
Jul 23, 2019 6:46 AM

Jul 2013
I haven't read the novels and my knowledge of Fate does not go beyond the original VNs, Prillya manga and F/SF which I'm currently reading. I'm just not into LNs sorry. What can I say..... the hate is totally exaggerated. It's not as great as F/SN but y'all act like F/A triggered the end of the world or something. Aside from Sieg stealing some weabs' waifu and the animation in the last episodes, it wasn't really as appalling as people make it out to be. It's not good either. There were some inconsistencies with the lore like with the lesser grail and stuff. I'm not sure if they explained it in the novels but it's one of my problems with the show but the show was definitely not a 1 or 2. Admittedly, I can feel it was rushed despite not reading the novels.
Dull_LullJul 23, 2019 7:56 AM
Jul 23, 2019 9:57 AM

Oct 2014
the lesser grail is explained in the novel
it was somewhat rushed. Jack, Reika, and some of the Red Faction servants are missing their backstories and other scenes

my biggest issues with this are Sieg, Astolfo, and Jeanne, 3 characters that I dislike getting a lot of screen time, as well as Jeanne's romance with Sieg and his ridiculous feats
Jul 23, 2019 12:24 PM

Jul 2013
Shayon said:
the lesser grail is explained in the novel
it was somewhat rushed. Jack, Reika, and some of the Red Faction servants are missing their backstories and other scenes

my biggest issues with this are Sieg, Astolfo, and Jeanne, 3 characters that I dislike getting a lot of screen time, as well as Jeanne's romance with Sieg and his ridiculous feats

Yeah even anime-only's can tell tbh. I'm reading some stuff they glossed over in the adaptation and they really cut out a lot of characterization. Nonetheless, the end result was still satisfactory to me.

Admittedly, I would have preferred Sisigou/Mordred to be the main characters but I don't think there was anything wrong with Sieg, Astolfo and Jeanne or even the romance.
Jul 30, 2019 4:20 PM

May 2017
Final arc was amazing (even if a bit rushed), shame the first half was so mediocre (I would understand the "1" or "2" if someone actually stopped there) and the whole Jeanne/Sieg romance is so badly portrayed.

Don't know if the LN is any better, but for sure A-1 did a terrible job both in narrating plot's focal points both animating the enormous amount of action.
Jul 31, 2019 4:25 AM

Oct 2014
My5to said:
Don't know if the LN is any better, but for sure A-1 did a terrible job both in narrating plot's focal points both animating the enormous amount of action.

the LN is better, but not by much

as i already said, some of the red faction servants and around 2-3 other characters are more fleshed out, and stuff is explained better. reading the early fights can be boring though

the anime has the issue of cutting the screen time of somewhat interesting characters in favor of the horrible main trio, in order to fit the story into 25 episodes
Aug 5, 2019 2:07 PM

May 2012
I personally enjoyed Fate/Apocrypha more than Fate/stay night UBW

Apocrypha had more fights and more intense
Aug 5, 2019 2:09 PM

Jan 2013
It's the second worst Fate animation to date, in my opinion.
They somehow managed to make the whole cast unlikable and bland at the same time... With the exception of the necromancer dude, I guess.
The only reason it's a 2/10 and not a 1/10.
Aug 5, 2019 2:32 PM
Jan 2019
Its a great anime, It felt like an actual war not like UBW,
the only thing I hate is Sieg getting too much screen time and the fact Mordred and Kairi not being a main characters, and not having a proper conclusion for her story with arthur.
Jan 21, 2020 9:17 PM
Jul 2019
Because its actually pretty good, one of the best Fate series in the whole franchise even. Can't recomend it enough and anyone I know who's into Fate loved it.

Most of the attacks you'll see are from fanboys that do "shipping" and other equally low fanbase "wars" getting angry for this anime portraying characters they pretend not to like or not portraying the ones they decided to like, but it has as much value as twilight fans trying to assert quality to a series. Kinda funny how you'll see it even in the very mediocre "reviews" attemps but thats a rule on this site, the ones who write reviews know less about anime than anyone else in the entire world.
Jan 22, 2020 6:49 AM

Jul 2013
MGemergencyfiles said:
Because its actually pretty good, one of the best Fate series in the whole franchise even. Can't recomend it enough and anyone I know who's into Fate loved it.

Most of the attacks you'll see are from fanboys that do "shipping" and other equally low fanbase "wars" getting angry for this anime portraying characters they pretend not to like or not portraying the ones they decided to like, but it has as much value as twilight fans trying to assert quality to a series. Kinda funny how you'll see it even in the very mediocre "reviews" attemps but thats a rule on this site, the ones who write reviews know less about anime than anyone else in the entire world.

well I still think it's a solid 4/10. I just think the hate is overexaggerated because as much as a mess Apocrpyha is, it actually has some good parts as well.

And yes Jeanne is a good character whether you hate Sieg or not. She's just being pulled down because of her object of romance.
Jan 26, 2020 7:19 AM

Apr 2014
Dull_Lull said:

well I still think it's a solid 4/10. I just think the hate is overexaggerated because as much as a mess Apocrpyha is, it actually has some good parts as well.

And yes Jeanne is a good character whether you hate Sieg or not. She's just being pulled down because of her object of romance.

So the original FSN was any different? Was it not a romance between an incomplete teen and an iconic personality?

I think some people are just trying to justify their dislikes since this wasn't another "cold and calculated" Fate/Zero. Others are just upset because their untouchable waifu image or something....

The watchers that put more value on the "feel" of the story and emotions will understand this anime better compared to those that will only "think" this story. That is how it comes across to me.
Leonhart93Jan 26, 2020 1:22 PM
Jan 26, 2020 5:09 PM

Jul 2013
bestkatalyn said:
Dull_Lull said:

So the original FSN was any different? Was it not a romance between an incomplete teen and an iconic personality?

I think some people are just trying to justify their dislikes with the fact that this wasn't another "cold and calculated" Fate/Zero. Others are just upset for their untouchable waifu or something....

The watchers that put more value on the "feel" of the story and emotions will understand this anime better compared to those that will only "think" this story. That is how it comes across to me.

It was more than a romance with an empty survivor and an iconic personality. With that said, I never had any problems with the romance in the first place. I believed it added a lot of depth towards Jeanne's character. My only problem and most likely the others as well is Sieg himself.

Oh please every secondary has had this opinion on Fate as a whole wanting everything to be like FZ and those kind of people are the ones I detest the most.

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.