Forum Settings
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II: Past & Future Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2019 7:20 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was alright. It's a recap of the first season which was narrated by Hestia and Bell with some bits of funny dialogue between the two of them. This didn't show any new footage for S2, though.
Jul 6, 2019 10:58 PM

Mar 2009
I didn't mind this recap. It's been 4 years.
Jul 7, 2019 12:54 AM

Oct 2017
Well nthng much to say about a recap . They put together some gd scenes in the recap and the few funny dialogues between hestia and bell was nice like at the end where hestia was saying how bell confessed his love to her and then pushed her down XD.
Jul 7, 2019 2:10 AM

Feb 2018
Gosh, I think the first episode was released, it turns out this is just a synopsis.
Jul 7, 2019 8:04 AM

May 2016
Not bad JC motherfucker you played me again well at least it was enjoyable to some extent.
Jul 7, 2019 9:02 AM

Feb 2007
I usually rate recap episodes the same as the series itself, but Hestia's bullshit makes this one of the few exceptions that clearly need a lower rating.
Jul 7, 2019 11:19 AM

Oct 2012
Recap but well needed cause it's has been quite some time. Actually, their commentary was great and scenes picked served nice to show the key moments of the first season. It's almost unbelievable how Minase and Matsuoka grew as seiyuu in those several years, can even say I share their sentiment (mentioned in DanMachi seiyuu specials).
Jul 7, 2019 2:21 PM

Mar 2016
I re-watched Danmachi this past week, but enjoyed the recap anyways. I'm looking forward to the adventures Bell Hestia and their friends has for us this season.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 7, 2019 2:45 PM

Feb 2014
Not bad for a recap, it gets it's job done well enough, and seeing the bathing scene again was great.
Jul 7, 2019 4:20 PM
Nov 2015
Nice to get a recap before season 2. Good work.
Jul 7, 2019 6:36 PM

Oct 2008
Mormegil said:
I didn't mind this recap. It's been 4 years.

oh god! time files fast!? i mean 4 years already? seems like this S1 was just finished recently..lolz

Jul 7, 2019 7:53 PM

Jul 2017
Harkening 4 years since we ever got a sequel, I must say the recap does some justice to Season 1 in combining the plot (which is fairly instilled in my mind), its funny characters (Bell, Hestia) and the overarching stuff.

Yes it's boring but I can forgive that so much time has passed and most likely forgotten anyways.
Jul 8, 2019 3:48 PM

Mar 2017
A recap was necessary I guess. It's been so long since the last season.
Jul 9, 2019 6:35 PM

Dec 2016
Solid recap episode
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 12, 2019 1:53 PM
Jul 2017
I needed this. As well as being four years since season one, I'd watched Sword Oratia in the gap, and was getting the two muddled
Jul 13, 2019 7:51 PM

Jan 2013
To be honest it was a pretty great recap, reminded me of a lot of stuff from the 1s and made me even more excited for the 2s!

Damn, i missed this!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 14, 2019 2:44 AM

May 2015
At least this recap was helpfull.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 14, 2019 5:37 AM

Apr 2017
I loved this Recap, it all came back to me in a Great presentation!, Inori-chan surely has the cutest voice in all of the seiyuu warudu~!
Sep 30, 2019 3:34 PM

May 2012
Good to have this recap episode tbh, while the story is certainly one to remember it's good to have a bit of recap in line with starting the second season as it's almost been 4 years ago if I'm not mistaken.

So yea for a recap it was fine but nothing too special, but still glad I've seen it to get a bit back up to pace with the story together with the other ova's!
Aug 26, 2020 10:57 PM

May 2020
I like how their conversation is funny. How to explain each other character and their story in season 1. This is a recap and the point are in here.
Sep 29, 2020 8:03 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Such a nice way to recap a thing, and the commentary from Bell and Hestia were alright too. Its fine enough, even though they left some crucial information behind. Oh, well. So, i saw some new characters on the list at the end. Let see how well their personality were in the Danmachi II.

6/10.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 18, 2020 1:57 AM

Sep 2018
Always going according to the chronology we arrive at this special before the second season of "DanMachi". A nice summary that sees nothing new except for the voiceovers of the voice actors of the characters of Bell and Hestia, but only a refresh to the memory to those who have not seen the first season in a long time. Small clarification due in these cases, if you are a fan of "DanMachi" you have to see it, otherwise as the great poet Dante said: "let's not think about them, but look and pass".

6/10
Jun 28, 2022 3:33 AM

Jan 2020
I generally don't watch recap things, but I watched season 1 of this way back when it was airing. So it's been awhile. Since I need to catch up on Season 2 and 3 before 4 airs here in the next week or so, I decided I might as well give this a shot.

Yeesh, I forgot how annoying these characters were. At least the animation, fighting, and leveling is somewhat interesting. Hopefully there will be a lot more of that in the future.

I didn't feel like I had forgotten anything in this, but at the same time it's not like I remembered ever little event. So, it was helpful I guess. Onto the movie.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 13, 2022 8:15 AM
Jun 2019
very good anime..
Feb 25, 2023 11:49 AM

Nov 2010
When I first saw the show, I was 100% into Hestia. Seven years later, my preference has changed, and while I think Hestia is still hot, I prefer Ains now. She's so hot! I like her armor that shows her armpits. I wanna lick her so bad!
Good summary. Hmm, that's why I couldn't remember a lot from this show, despite the fact I gave S1 an 8/10. The plot was unremarkable. However, the animation looked so good & the waifus were pretty; that's why the younger me rated it higher.
7/10
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.