Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 29, 2018 1:11 AM

Jan 2017
For me, I would prefer if Ufotable showed the normal ending first. Of course, the true ending should not be skipped. It should be shown after the normal end.
Why?

Anyway, what do you guys think?
Which should be aired first? The normal end or the true end?
According to me, watching normal end first adds an extra amount of "feel" to "Heaven's Feel" ;)

Oh btw, nothing can beat this end though:-

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Sep 29, 2018 1:12 AM

Apr 2016
FUCK NORMAL ENDING, BURN IT, THEN BURN IT AGAIN, THEN BURY IT SO DEEP NO ONE EVER WILL FIND IT.

YOU ARE NO FRIEND OF MINE!
Sep 29, 2018 1:18 AM

Jan 2017
Swagernator said:
FUCK NORMAL ENDING, BURN IT, THEN BURN IT AGAIN, THEN BURY IT SO DEEP NO ONE EVER WILL FIND IT.

lol
Never said I loved the normal ending. I loved the true ending. It's just that normal ending made me love Sakura (who I didn't like before) because of her dedication for Shirou. I am not saying we should skip the true end, but we should also not skip the normal end because it adds to Sakura's character and highlights her loving and caring side.

Sep 29, 2018 1:27 AM

Apr 2016
swirlydragon said:
Swagernator said:

lol
Never said I loved the normal ending. I loved the true ending. It's just that normal ending made me love Sakura (who I didn't like before) because of her dedication for Shirou. I am not saying we should skip the true end, but we should also not skip the normal end because it adds to Sakura's character and highlights her loving and caring side.

One does not simply jeopardize the happy ending of waifu, God protect those who will.
Sep 29, 2018 2:22 AM

Oct 2014
i don't really care which ending they go with
Sep 29, 2018 2:35 AM

Mar 2018
Bad ending first where

To answer OP's question, I think showing the true end first would be best, since it's canon and all. We can get the normal end with an OVA or similar, like they did with UBW. If they show normal end first and OVA for true end, the true end will be diluted and a lot of people will think it's non-canon. If, by means possible, Type-Moon is planning to animate Hollow Ataraxia, it'd be the direct sequel to HF's true end, considering the canon timeline.

Sep 29, 2018 2:59 AM

Jan 2018
In my case I want that ending where Shirou died after he saved Sakura because I didn't like that where he and Sakura ended up being together because after reading HF i kind of come to dislike her and I don't want to see her with Shirou so the ending where he saved Sakura and she ended up waiting for him forever till she died.
Sep 29, 2018 10:35 PM

Apr 2015
Renkini said:
Bad ending first where

To answer OP's question, I think showing the true end first would be best, since it's canon and all. We can get the normal end with an OVA or similar, like they did with UBW. If they show normal end first and OVA for true end, the true end will be diluted and a lot of people will think it's non-canon. If, by means possible, Type-Moon is planning to animate Hollow Ataraxia, it'd be the direct sequel to HF's true end, considering the canon timeline.

Hollow Ataraxia can't be a sequel to HF, since
is alive even before a certain someone's mishap with
Sep 29, 2018 11:38 PM

Oct 2014
Vsegda7 said:
Renkini said:
Bad ending first where

Hollow Ataraxia can't be a sequel to HF, since
is alive even before a certain someone's mishap with

it's a sequel to all the routes, or a sequel to none of them
trying to make sense of it is futile
Sep 30, 2018 12:39 AM

Nov 2014
Normal End.

I also want Sparks Liner High to be added to the True Ending route of course.
Sep 30, 2018 1:49 AM

Feb 2017
True end. It was the most satisfying HF end for me. Normal end is too depressing, watching Sakura waiting, growing old and all that.

They can always make normal end an OVA. Tho I'd prefer they make Sparks Liner High ending OVA as it is one of the most badass parts of VN.
Sep 30, 2018 2:47 AM

Jul 2016
Normal end, end it depressing like Zero. xD
Oct 1, 2018 3:08 PM

Jan 2016
None hated both of the endings for their own reasons. But if I had to choose one I'd go with...

Nvm, I don't want either. Just give me a hollow ataraxia anime!
Jan 19, 2019 3:51 AM

Mar 2016
I'd also prefer the normal end.

It fits the most for such dark and violent story. At least that's what I thought after playing the VN. The true end was simply too happy and fairytale-ish for the amount of terrible things our heroes, villains and innocent folk went through, it's just not supposed to end like there was nothing. And I admit - I don't really like Sakura even though she went through so much and her character is very complex. I can pity her, but I don't like her maniacal lewd appearance in HF. I actually liked her in every other route, though.

But I'm more than sure they will not adapt normal ending, it will be too controversial, so they will definitely choose the safest route.
Jan 19, 2019 1:24 PM

Jul 2013
Are...

Are people seriously suggesting Normal End for the film?

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure Normal End's darkness can be satisfying to a degree, especially for those who dislike Sakura. But even while reading it, it felt just...no different from a "Bad End", you know? The way I see it, it'd just be a horrible, HORRIBLE tone to leave the whole Fate/stay night series off of. Especially after all these years of investment. It's the equivalent of suggesting the film should end with Mind of Steel/Sparks High Liner, and doesn't that sound just as ridiculous?

Normal End is just, abrupt. Whether you'd like to see Sakura suffer or you'd like to see a bittersweet end, its exclusive focus on Sakura would also mean:
>No Illya's character arc resolution
>With it, no Zouken character arc resolution
>No Pendant resolution/moment
>And ofc: no timeskip epilogue, which resolves the arcs of literally every living character... plus even a Zelretch cameo! And possible Touko cameo!

Call it fairytale-like if you will, but it literally resolves everything left that needs to be resolved. I remember ending the VN on the True End, the final CG scene with the cherry blossoms, and feeling an immense amount of satisfaction after all the hours spent and suffering endured - that's the sort of feeling a good final film ought to leave viewers with imo.

The transition to a F/HA adaptation (with a debatably lighter tone) would also be even weirder, if they didn't adapt True End.

Besides. Realistically, the Fate series is too big of a juggernaut for them to alienate so many viewers with a tragic, F/Z-lite end, and leave them with a bitter feeling. Can Ufotable afford to take such a weird risk? Between secondaries & anime-onlys, the vast amount of F/GO players, and people who've been introduced via literally any other Fate medium, there's too many audiences coming in from too many angles to take a grimdark, controversial stance like that. Heaven's Feel is dark af, but not everyone's invested in it for the despair - it's not Game of Thrones. And I mean, if Kara no Kyoukai was ended on a lighthearted, hopeful note, so should HF.

It'd be nice if we had an OVA for a Normal End, or perhaps a dream sequence in HF 3 symbolizing it, but having it as the canon film end... just wouldn't sit right.

Hence:
Cinematically, thematically, and narratively, True End just makes far more sense for the film.

((...but that's just my opinion ofc!))
CarenPriestessJan 19, 2019 1:36 PM

Jan 19, 2019 4:39 PM

Nov 2013
Obviously true end, since anything else besides that would ruin the trilogy´s ending.

As for a possible alternative ending in the BDs box (as UBW did it with Sunny Days), now in that normal ending is likely to be adapted, though personally I would be more up for a Sparks Liner High special. With the amount of revenue they are making, they can kind of go all out there too, instead of playing it safe and recycling that scene in order for normal end to happen then giving us 3 minutes of Sakura looking out for him to come as the seasons pass.
KaitonJan 19, 2019 4:44 PM

Jan 20, 2019 5:03 AM

Mar 2016
First of all guys I wanna say - I'm not trying to argue, you have strong points and that's your opinion, so I'm just adding some personal thoughts.

KaitonPT said:
...that would ruin the trilogy´s ending.

What trilogy?) It's an ending to a single route. We don't even have a trilogy yet, since 2006 Deen's version does not count as Fate route. I don't accept HF as Fate/SN ending, The Last Episode is the real ending that concludes everything and wraps up the main romance. Fate route also ended quite sad, UBW route ended seemingly good but in fact it's just "the guy who's gonna be suffering in the future continues his way to despair". There was never good and happy endings in Fate/SN, and I think the absolute worst place to have it is HF where literally everything goest to sh*t. Broken MC, broken love interest, broken grail war.

The real good way to end the trilogy would be to properly adapt Fate route and to conclude it with some flashbacks from every other route before transiting to The Last Episode. Now THAT's what I can call satisfying and beautiful ending for the trilogy. And the route itself is more than fitting for such fairytale-like ending.
Jan 20, 2019 6:43 AM

Oct 2014
now that we know the third movie's title, it's pretty much obvious that they'll go with the true end
DPM-JaMaN said:
KaitonPT said:
...that would ruin the trilogy´s ending.

What trilogy?

HF movie trilogy? you seem to have misunderstood the post above
DPM-JaMaN said:
It's an ending to a single route. We don't even have a trilogy yet, since 2006 Deen's version does not count as Fate route. I don't accept HF as Fate/SN ending

you said it yourself, HF ending isn't FSN ending, but an ending to a single route, and you don't have to accept it as an ending to FSN if you don't like it
there is no such thing as a one true FSN ending anyway, it just comes down to which you prefer in the end.
DPM-JaMaN said:
The real good way to end the trilogy would be to properly adapt Fate route and to conclude it with some flashbacks from every other route before transiting to The Last Episode. Now THAT's what I can call satisfying and beautiful ending for the trilogy. And the route itself is more than fitting for such fairytale-like ending.

"Last episode" is also an ending for the Fate route, not the whole VN, and trying to make it seem like an ending for all 3 routes doesn't make sense
Jan 20, 2019 7:01 AM

Mar 2016
Ah! Yeah, you're right, I definitely misunderstood the trilogy part, my bad. For some reason I decided it was about routes, not the movies)

As for the Last Episode as the conclusion - I still think it's a perfect place to end. As the vn readers we've ended our journey there and for me it felt perfect. Since there is no single ending for Fate/SN this one seems the most appropriate. Fate route always was the main one for me, it's even called Fate, just like the VN itself. I'm not saying it's the best or anything, but it's definitely the definition of F/SN for me.

But that's just an opinion. Peace.
DPM-JaMaNJan 20, 2019 11:06 AM
Jan 20, 2019 8:05 AM

Nov 2013
@Shayon Thanks for clearing the misunderstanding out.

@DPM-JaMaN No problem. I guess I could have extended my thoughts earlier to make my post more clear, but I think that CarenPriestess´s post perfectly covered out most of what I wanted to say, so I refrained at the time.

Also don´t take me wrong, tone-wise and in the VN, I can agree that normal ending is fitting and satisfying to a certain degree I kind of like it better tbh and I partly agree with your initial post, but imo people can´t seriously expect an ending like that to be covered in the last movie, especially when the director is trying his hardest to sell the route´s main heroine, when the route in question has a more canonical ending, when said normal ending will cause controversy has issues with how abrupt/inconclusive it is; and lastly when you have to take in mind the many different kinds of public target within the Fate fanbase.
That´s why I dismissed normal ending as a possibility, since imo there was never a chance to be covered, aside of in a special in the BD´s that is.

KaitonJan 20, 2019 8:11 AM

Jan 20, 2019 8:12 AM

Apr 2010
Sparks Liner High obviously.
Jan 20, 2019 10:30 AM
Apr 2018
Archer Vs Assassin ❗❗ [Alert ⚠ ]
https://youtu.be/HQV61aCfIvo
Jan 20, 2019 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
People are still arguing for this? The title of third movie makes it obvious that we will get the true ending(which was inevitable anyway as normal ending is too risky for the movies), Sparks Liner High would be pretty cool though as OVA episodes or something.
removed-userJan 20, 2019 11:13 AM
Jan 20, 2019 11:13 AM
Apr 2018
Emiya want to kill sakura????
https://youtu.be/8AyHE0lBQmM
Jan 20, 2019 11:18 AM

Mar 2015
Last time I read normal ending I almost choked on my own tears, so let's go with true ending.
Jan 21, 2019 1:56 PM

Oct 2015
True Ending and Sparks Liner High OVA is the obvious choice.
Jan 23, 2019 9:19 AM

Jan 2017
DPM-JaMaN said:
Ah! Yeah, you're right, I definitely misunderstood the trilogy part, my bad. For some reason I decided it was about routes, not the movies)

As for the Last Episode as the conclusion - I still think it's a perfect place to end. As the vn readers we've ended our journey there and for me it felt perfect. Since there is no single ending for Fate/SN this one seems the most appropriate. Fate route always was the main one for me, it's even called Fate, just like the VN itself. I'm not saying it's the best or anything, but it's definitely the definition of F/SN for me.

But that's just an opinion. Peace.

I agree with you. Last episode is the true ending and Fate route is best route!

Jan 29, 2019 1:00 PM

Oct 2017
Noticing this thread a little late.
True ending or riot. I could be wrong but how Illya got introduced it seems like they're probably going for the true ending anyways. Of course I could be wrong but that's what it seems like to me.
While I think the normal ending is one of the most well written endings in the Visual Novel, I don't really think it fits as a satisfying ending. What I'm hoping they do is have the true ending and maybe change a few things to make it fit a bit better.
Sakky2213Jan 29, 2019 1:53 PM
Jan 29, 2019 1:37 PM

Apr 2010
Sakky2213 said:
True ending or riot. I could be wrong but how Illya got introduced it seems like they're probably going for the true ending anyways. Of course I could be wrong but that's what it seems like to me.
While I think the good ending is one of the most well written endings in the Visual Novel, I don't really think it fits as a satisfying ending. What I'm hoping they do is have the true ending and maybe change a few things to make it fit a bit better.

There is no Good ending, Heaven's Feel only has a True and Normal ending.
Jan 29, 2019 1:51 PM

Oct 2017
antonn said:
Sakky2213 said:
While I think the good ending is one of the most well written endings in the Visual Novel, I don't really think it fits as a satisfying ending. What I'm hoping they do is have the true ending and maybe change a few things to make it fit a bit better.

There is no Good ending, Heaven's Feel only has a True and Normal ending.

Yeah I meant normal.
Jan 29, 2019 2:11 PM

Mar 2016
Sakky2213 said:
While I think the normal ending is one of the most well written endings in the Visual Novel, I don't really think it fits as a satisfying ending. What I'm hoping they do is have the true ending and maybe change a few things to make it fit a bit better.
illya barely had any scenes and ufo skipped the one where she managed to teleport shirou's consciousness to her castle, which is pretty important foreshadowing for the true end besides all the interactions between illya and shirou that were cut or reduced
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Jan 29, 2019 2:16 PM

Oct 2017
Aure0lin said:
Sakky2213 said:
illya barely had any scenes and ufo skipped the one where she managed to teleport shirou's consciousness to her castle, which is pretty important foreshadowing for the true end besides all the interactions between illya and shirou that were cut or reduced

To be fair they skipped a lot of things and lines. I agree that a lot of what was done in the VN was cut or reduced but it still seems like they’re going for the true ending. Again though, I could be completely wrong here.
Apr 1, 2019 12:46 PM
Sep 2016
Maybe not first, but can we get an OVA for Sparks Liner High? That ending goes hard
Apr 2, 2019 4:13 AM

Sep 2016
I'd like to see Sparks Liner High being animated by ufotable
Apr 11, 2019 1:53 AM

Jun 2017
For the movie, true end is the best. They should include the normal end in an ova like they did for sunny day though. I do not agree with op's thoughts about Sakura being inherently evil just because Kotomine said so. Holy grail is known for corrupting thoughts - it is evident in fate zero. Knowing Sakura's backstory, I would say she was easily manipulated by avenger.
Aug 30, 2019 1:14 PM

Dec 2014
Only rin fags can hope for normal ending first or normal ending at all. Since, yeah, true end is the perfect closure to every damn thing in this novel.
Sep 1, 2019 7:52 AM
Oct 2018
Normal end is just disappointing, typical end you see in lot of fiction.

True end is the perfect end to conclude the visual novel.
Sep 15, 2019 8:50 AM
May 2015
I'm conflicted as to which end I'd pick.

One end means Shiro dies, a fitting end for the darkest Fate route.

The other end means Shirou lives with the girl of this route (Sakura), but Illya dies to save him, which is okay I guess (he does live in all the other routes after all).

I guess I'd pick the second route, but I wouldn't mind a homage to the first one where it looks like Shirou is dying and Sakura has a vision.
Apr 8, 2020 10:02 AM

Apr 2019
Which is the true end??
Actually, to put it simply, which one is which end?
Rem is best girl
Aug 14, 2020 10:56 AM

Apr 2010
Shizokami2 said:
Which is the true end??
Actually, to put it simply, which one is which end?

antonnAug 14, 2020 11:08 AM
Aug 18, 2020 11:10 AM

Jul 2019
I'm not really a fan of happy-ending animes but for this one, I prefer the true end.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - II. Lost Butterfly Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kisaragi - Jan 15, 2019

489 by AleAP123 »»
May 26, 2:29 AM

» Anyone find Sakura Matou annoying or It just me? [Spoilers] ( 1 2 3 4 )

PrideRoyalIvy - May 21, 2019

188 by Gatalis »»
May 26, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Why do so less people like Sakura in comparison to Saber and Tohsaka? Which do you like?

Shizokami2 - Apr 8, 2020

49 by _PEAK »»
Mar 15, 3:32 AM

» If I hear "senpai" one more time....

ColCasey - Sep 20, 2023

18 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:57 PM

» About this trilogy so far, it's kinda meh to me.

Huyen_Thanh_27 - Jun 27, 2020

18 by dk107_ »»
Sep 7, 2023 11:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.