Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 12, 2018 6:44 AM

Feb 2018
I watched the anime and read the manga.
At the beginning i was curious but then i got captivated.
I couldn't wait for the (slow) release of both anime and manga, so i found that both anime and manga are the adaption of the novel "Bringing the Nation's Husband Home".
The web novel is complete and fully published, part is free, part is for a fee (very cheap anyway).
I already reached chapter 649 of 920 and i cannot stop reading it.
If you cannot wait to know what happens to Lu Jinnian and Qiao Anhao, then i strongly recommend to read the novel "Bringing the Nation's Husband Home" at webnovel.com
May 4, 2019 8:17 PM

Nov 2012
A year later haha but I finished binging the novel this morning after two whole days. Ugh so much frustration and so much pent up anger but it was all worth it in the end. I haven't watched the anime nor read the manga and I honestly dont plan on it because the novel was so complete. I honestly dont think the two adaptations would meet my expectations. Much more worth reading the novel than watching the 4 seasons of the anime
May 5, 2019 9:48 AM

Feb 2018
IMHO the novel is much better than the manga and the anime.
May 5, 2019 8:49 PM

Nov 2012
Do you have any recommendations? I finished this and I dont know what to do with myself lol
May 8, 2019 2:15 PM

Feb 2018
I'd suggest:
Natsume Yuujinchou (both manga and anime)
ReLIFE
Noragami
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji (manga is better than anime)
Fruits Basket
May 5, 2020 2:30 PM

Dec 2015
(Another year later) I just finished reading the manhua binging on it the whole day. And I gotta say that the donghua adaptation didn't do this series justice, more so if manhua itself isnt comparable to the novel.
I learnt that manhua was based on a web novel halfway through the manhua. But I'm contended with the manhua so I don't know if I'll read the novel. Tbh I just don't want to put myself through those days of their suffering again.
It was an amazing ride! Their lack of communication was hella boiling my nerves but such is life. We never say all that we want to say, which in turn births misunderstandings. I'm glad I gave the manhua a try and didn't give up on this series. Donghua was a disappointment.
May 5, 2020 4:39 PM

Feb 2018
@kuroyami-kun
I agree.
The anime is terrible compared to the novel. Still the lack of communication between them was maddening at times.
May 5, 2020 9:19 PM

Dec 2015
@maokun
Yes definitely! Donghua adaptation is trash. The art and the development both is trash in donghua. They only kept their focus in the past. And in the 3rd season they even changed the whole character design and everything. I loved the art style in the manhua. Both anhao and jinnian were so adorable!
Donghua made me hate all the characters but manhua made me fall for them. I wished the poor boy nothing but happiness. That aunt bitch can rot in hell! And even cousin qiao didnt deserve their forgiveness. That apology didn't even feel sincere. She was like teehee my bad like wtf. Selfish bitch you could've done something to make it up to them!
Sorry i went on forever 😅 just one question, does the novel focus on the past as much as the donghua made it seem? I loved that the manhua only skimmed through the past and focused more on the present. I mean present is why were are even reading the work right!
May 6, 2020 2:33 PM

Feb 2018
Don't worry, your opinion is well accepted.
The novel starts in the present like the anime, then it goes into the past to explain why the 2 characters got married, then it comes back to the present and the story goes on.
I have read up to when Jinnian disappeared but came to visit his parents' graves and Anhao chased him there.
3120sApr 8, 2022 5:18 PM
Jul 9, 2020 12:12 PM
Jul 2019
maokun said:
IMHO the novel is much better than the manga and the anime.
super true.It's complete and it also focused on the other two couples
Jul 9, 2020 12:22 PM
Jul 2019
kuroyami-kun said:
@maokun
Yes definitely! Donghua adaptation is trash. The art and the development both is trash in donghua. They only kept their focus in the past. And in the 3rd season they even changed the whole character design and everything. I loved the art style in the manhua. Both anhao and jinnian were so adorable!
Donghua made me hate all the characters but manhua made me fall for them. I wished the poor boy nothing but happiness. That aunt bitch can rot in hell! And even cousin qiao didnt deserve their forgiveness. That apology didn't even feel sincere. She was like teehee my bad like wtf. Selfish bitch you could've done something to make it up to them!
Sorry i went on forever 😅 just one question, does the novel focus on the past as much as the donghua made it seem? I loved that the manhua only skimmed through the past and focused more on the present. I mean present is why were are even reading the work right!
YOU HAVE TO READ THE NOVEL! There are so many things you haven't seen(or in this case,read)and miss.Plus, the way the manhua ended is not the way the novel.I'm not going to spoil about it, so if you plan on reading it, I suggest the part where the manhua left off. I hope you read it!
Jul 11, 2020 12:01 PM

Feb 2018
No. The novel is well balanced. Unfortunately i lost access to the credits i had on webnovel.com and i could not complete to read it, so i left at when Jinnian disappeared but came to visit his parents' graves and Anhao chase him there.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Guomin Laogong: Touwen 55-ci Chapter 182 Discussion

tangerine_sushi - Jan 5, 2019

0 by tangerine_sushi »»
Jan 5, 2019 8:44 AM

Poll: » Guomin Laogong: Touwen 55-ci Chapter 17 Discussion

Nunnally03 - Jun 18, 2017

0 by Nunnally03 »»
Jun 18, 2017 4:12 AM

Poll: » Guomin Laogong: Touwen 55-ci Chapter 16 Discussion

0 by Nunnally03 »»
Jun 18, 2017 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guomin Laogong: Touwen 55-ci Chapter 15 Discussion

0 by Nunnally03 »»
Jun 18, 2017 3:40 AM

Poll: » Guomin Laogong: Touwen 55-ci Chapter 14 Discussion

Nunnally03 - Jun 17, 2017

0 by Nunnally03 »»
Jun 17, 2017 7:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.