Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 26, 2022 6:40 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This final episode, it was nice, especially the ending. I was thinking I wouldn’t leave this show satisfied, but honestly I am. Even if it didn’t end romantically like I wanted, the smiles on Tachibana and Kondou’s faces really sold it for me, they both impacted each other’s lives so much that they’ll never forget each for that. We may not have got that kiss (which at this point in the anime it wouldn’t feel right) but I love what we got here.

And what a show, I loved it. I never knew this show existed a week or two but damn it was amazing. That being said, while I really want to give this show the 10 I sadly can’t because it didn’t really deliver in one department, being the romance. Early on the romance was so strong and so good, Tachibana was making so many moves and Kondou was starting to be moved by her, but once the climax hug happened the romance sadly mellowed out and it started focusing more on Tachibana and Kondou’s individual stories and how they helped each other with their lives, which was wonderful but it wasn’t the romance I wanted from this show, it wasn’t what the first half of the show made it appear to be. It also kinda abandoned the drama with the blonde cook guy, which may have been for the best but it still feels weird that was just forgotten about.

I was also a bit displeased with the Haruka stuff, at first I liked her from the initial reconnecting of her and Tachibana, but after she was dramatic at the summer festival and then kept trying to reel Tachibana back to the track team I started to not like her as much. I don’t really like the fact track was the only thing keeping those two together, I think I would have preferred them come back together by settling their differences and continuing to be friends, because it seemed like they were great friends, but Tachibana wanted to return to track anyway so I guess it worked out, it just wasn’t what I wanted lol. But even with all those gripes, this was still a 9/10 anime for me, it had such beautiful visuals and fantastic ost, and the story itself was amazing as well despite my complaints. The OP and ED were both so good as well, HoneyWorks and Aimer are a match made in heaven, they fit the show so well. I’ll miss Tachibana and Kondou so much, I’d honestly love another season of this and see where their lives are after the ending.
Nov 23, 2022 5:49 PM

Oct 2022
That was a really, nice, inspiring series about a girl forcibly seperated from the thing she loves and how isolated that makes you feel. I feel the transition of her progress from the 'in love with her manager' Akira to the Akira we see at the end could have been a bit smoother but I liked what they were going for. How their friendship, even if it wasn't set up like that originally, inspired each other to find their way back. Even if they end up in last place. I wish they could have found a better way than the kid giving her the revelation as i felt it was a little bit out of the blue.

Overall it was very entertaining romance slice of life show to me 8/10
Dec 28, 2022 12:22 AM
Dec 2022
I This the female lead needs more maturity as the male lead Beside that the chemistry between them was good ovarall anime was good
Feb 6, 2023 9:37 PM
Aug 2012
I really enjoyed the romance in the first half of the series, I did not care about Haruka who ended up pushing Akira away from Masami and back into running. I felt Haruka was selfish in trying to push Akira to return to running when it wouldn't be easy to do.

Thought about reading the manga half way thru, but with how this ended I can tell there is no romantic end so I will skip the manga.
Mar 15, 2023 1:12 PM
Sep 2022
It was really beautiful.
Apr 24, 2023 9:37 PM

Sep 2014
A decent ending, although I was looking forward to see both of them finally fulfilling their promises towards the end.

Nevertheless I liked the show, its plot setting was good and the romance was handled with a mature approach.

Tachibana-san's character design was good, there were times where i felt slight  monologues would have worked like a charm to reflect the tussle going on in her mind.
May 6, 2023 11:40 PM

Jan 2017
i dont understand this website anymore!HOW IS THIS SHOW RANKED 1724???how come a seinen masterpiece like this so lowly rated and in every season Garbage/Pretentious shows like Oshi no ko,Spy Family takes NO.1 place in this Cursed Website!!!!!
Mugiwara_sanMay 6, 2023 11:50 PM
May 22, 2023 1:01 AM

Jul 2021
this was really beautiful. the whole anime was so comforting to watch, it put my mind at ease, i wish there were more episodes or a second season. the whole atmosphere and vibe really grew on me. it was really great to see both kondou and tachibana finally working to fulfill their respective promises and moving forward in life. the actual romance vanished somewhere during half-way point and the anime took a slightly more serious turn where it explored our main characters more which i really liked. i do wish that they would have had some romantic progress but i'm glad to see they at least got closer to each other in a way, they both found out more about each other and that's what tachibana wished for in the beginning.

i really liked to see the relationship of our main cast with their best friends, both relationships were really sweet to see and were portrayed in a great way and seemed completely natural like a real relationship. the little flashbacks from the past and stuff really added more to the whole feeling.

it made me really happy to see yoshizawa and nishda hitting it off. really happy for the man as he finally found someone who won't ignore him and likes him. he's a good guy just i think too immature for tachibana.

this whole show is such a great vibe. the opening, the ending, the art, the background OST, the characters, the city, everything is so mesmerizing to see. this will be another memorable anime for me. but man this really needs a new season, i could go and read the manga but that won't come even a little bit close to the experience that the anime gave.

also tachibana gives komi vibes so much. she's a thinner komi lmao.

overall i really loved how tachibana was portrayed, a yound, innocent and sweet girl in love. her expressions and her actions all felt so natural, i imagine that's how a real young woman in love acts. i especially liked how there wasn't that over-the-top embarassed and shy trope that she can't even speak or stay near the manager, it was all handled naturally, like how two real people would be around each other. tachibana is mature than most anime girls in that aspect which is why this was possible.

the actual romance part wasn't touched upon much, too bad as i was looking forward to see how a relationship with this much age gap would be handled. i was also curious about whether her love for manager comes from the lack of a father figure in her life as i don't think her father is present in her life at the moment, i wish that was explored a bit.

rating 10/10. need more animes like this. great work by wit studio.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 26, 2023 7:49 AM
Feb 2021
This story is somehow similar to La La Land, a love story that lasts on a period of time. But instead of few seasons in La La Land, the love's story in this anime last only in a rainy season
Oct 2, 2023 4:38 PM

Dec 2019
Great overall, I'm more impressive with Wit Studio's incredible job with this show. OST were great, incredibly attractive character designs and the overall vibes are on pair with Kimi ni Todoke, everything about it differentiates from other SoL/Romance which makes it memorable.

I especially enjoyed Chihiro and Kondou's interactions so we could have a break from the melodrama (not that it was necessarily bad).
Romance progression wasn't impressive which totally acceptable since it didn't seemingly skip manga chapters. Many romance shows can get on my nerves if they introduce a poor character or plot, that didn't occur at all with this so overall super enjoyable show

Dec 10, 2023 4:49 AM
Aug 2022
Incredible Series we need another Season 2 Announcement ASAP.
Dec 12, 2023 8:54 AM

Jun 2021
Came here for the romance but the ending was something that I expected, honestly. Telling myself that they really won't end up together. Watching their budding 'friendship' and the romance tease from the the first half was enjoyable though. Not that I dislike age-gap romance, but the way it ended without the two of them having a romantic relationship is the best outcome for me. Who knows though. If they're really fated for each other. So I'm glad they didn't force it just for the sake of finale. Overall, it's a very meaningful show and it's worth to watch until the end.

The soundtracks were also great. ED song sounds familiar. Turned out I've listened to "Ref:rain" by Aimer before. I didn't know that's from this anime. Nice, I've come across to it again.
Feb 13, 5:01 PM
Apr 2023
Personally the ending would’ve been much better with some steamy romance
Mar 14, 8:53 AM
Jan 2018
loved the character development lol
Mar 21, 5:17 PM

Aug 2014
Ill just pretend that episode 8 was the final episode.

Anime just got so dull from episode 9 till the end of episode 12, with un-interesting drama from both MC. But I did like the final 5 minutes of episode 12 to end the anime.

Anime sure had amazing graphics and amazing background music that can get you emotional in the scene that youre watching.

While I am glad that both MC resumed the dreams that both left in the past, I did not like at all that the dream-drama was the main focus in the final 4 episodes, while the romantic-comedy and the romantic-drama and the interaction among all the staff of the restaurant that made the anime enjoyable in the first 8 episodes got sent to the side.

Overall, this anime should have been 10 episodes long, and with both MC looking to one day resume their forgotten dream BUT NOT go all out in resuming their dream, and with both MC either agreeing to leave their relationship as just friends or showing us an open ending that the romance door is not closed.
oooo3333Mar 21, 5:56 PM
Apr 4, 12:11 PM

Jun 2017
ahhhh so melacholic yet so beautifull .Poison to my heart yet there is a sense of fulfillment.The rain have atlast subsided and so is their role for one another.They were a foil for each other to bring back their lost passion.Already said this plenty of times but the art is so gorgeous to boot and the mesh between the story ,music ,atmosphere was picture perfect.
I didn't mind their supposed love not culminating .It has always felt like the young lady was going through whirlwind of different emotions hiding behind her mask and tencho was the pillar who she could latch onto .It fizzled away when she reconnected with her past passion but who knows what the future holds.
8/10
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

63 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

62 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

84 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

70 by bakakisima »»
Mar 30, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

135 by bakakisima »»
Mar 30, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.