Forum Settings
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 27, 2018 12:08 PM

Sep 2017
IMMEDIATELY when PIRATE SITES got their dirty hands on this movie. They put it on their sites. So when my friend told me i was observing that how many people pirate anime .
1 week ago No Game No Life Zero was ranked #66
and when they put it on their site
now its Ranked #36
So i have come to a conclusion that Many people pirate anime :(
but hey at least the movie got a huge boost
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2018 6:23 AM

Dec 2012
it's no surprise a lot of people pirate. But I'm sure deep down they support the show and buy the source.
at least that's how I do it.

I've watched the show in the theaters , on release date (16-9-2017).
I had fun , but was disappointed that some scenes were cut.

BDs/DVDs where I live are always bootlegs ( and 480p lol ) so .. you can guess what I did next.
Feb 28, 2018 6:30 AM

Apr 2016
And you were expecting what OP ? Of course that majority of western anime community pirate anime.
Feb 28, 2018 3:14 PM

Oct 2010
OP, the score isn't the most concrete evidence you could have picked. If you really want stats to outrage moralists, then watch https://myanimelist.net/anime/33674/No_Game_No_Life__Zero/stats and note massive increases in the number of users listing it Watching/Completed.

I've only seen anime in a movie theater once in my life.

I pirated Girls und Panzer der Film when the BD came out overseas, then I rewatched it on the legal streaming site HiDive when Sentai put it there, and later I bought the Sentai BD.

In this case (as of 30 minutes in) I doubt I'll love the movie enough to buy a ~$28 BD, but I'll rewatch it on HiDive later if Sentai puts it there.

In general I prefer streaming over physical media, unless it's an absolute all-time favorite. I have an annual premium subscription to Crunchyroll (it's actually more convenient than piracy) and this season I'm also subbed to HiDive for the Hakumei to Mikochi simulcast.

Ironically, if I cared less about this movie then I wouldn't rush to see it, and I'd wait for it to be on HiDive (assuming it ever is) or maybe mail BD rental if possible.

I don't pirate Hollywood movies, because they're available easily and timely by mail BD rental, if not by streaming. Once I rented Summer Wars from Netflix by mail disc rental, but they only had it on DVD, not BD, and the quality was so low that I stopped watching it and watched a pirate copy instead. The licensor still got my rental money. Legal? No. Ethical? Well, it was a "lesser evil." :P
Feb 28, 2018 3:30 PM

Jan 2017
Personally I watched it as a cam version on Dailymotion a month and a half ago. Then watched again as the real thing in 720p on a pirate site. Its no big secret that people do this. How do you think those sites could stay afloat if people weren't visiting them.

Also, terrible justification/evidence for your conclusion. Not for this entry specifically, but for any entry. The score could've gone down, or it could've remained appx. the same. So just because it went up is not good statistical evidence.

Correlation =/= Causation

You should use a metric like @nDroae mentioned. That's more useful and empirical.

Feb 28, 2018 3:31 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Movie ratings will always jump massively on MAL the moment the BDs are released
Mar 1, 2018 10:23 AM
Nov 2017
Yeah I noticed. Was surprised. Is it really better than the original series which is currently 8.41 I guess?
Mar 2, 2018 7:33 AM

Oct 2015
How naive can one be xDD
Mar 3, 2018 11:12 AM

Nov 2014
You can't really watch it in many countries before BDs come out. So this rise is both, pirates and people who bought it.
Mar 29, 2018 6:14 PM

Aug 2014
MrSwashy said:
IMMEDIATELY when PIRATE SITES got their dirty hands on this movie. They put it on their sites. So when my friend told me i was observing that how many people pirate anime .
1 week ago No Game No Life Zero was ranked #66
and when they put it on their site
now its Ranked #36
So i have come to a conclusion that Many people pirate anime :(
but hey at least the movie got a huge boost

Is it so surprising that it is being pirated when it isn't available with subtitles anywhere else for the vast majority of people?
Whenever given the chance I will take the legit route, but there have been no news on it being released on DVD or Blu-ray and wont be available in the theaters in most part of the world. I been waiting for this movie for more than a year now so I watched it on illegitimate websites, solely because i couldn't wait any longer.
Apr 1, 2018 7:22 AM

Dec 2014
Since only way of watching anime in my country is buying BD from UK etc. i have to wait for BD... and also its not even in my native language.... im fine with eng, but a lot of people dont have level of english they could enjoy this.... so they have to watch pirated version.
Sorry, but for pirating anime is responsibly Japan only with their stupid policies about export and insane taxes and cuts for everyone who wants to publish in other countries and languages, go cry to them ;) .
Apr 2, 2018 8:10 AM

Sep 2015
A lot of people pirate anime, big whoop. It's not like Sentai released it yet or anything. Logical deduction.

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life: Zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kisaragi - Jul 15, 2017

357 by amlg »»
May 7, 4:50 PM

» this movie is boring

Sunproof21 - Sep 28, 2021

42 by JJT1407 »»
Jan 21, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Schwi + Riku > Sora + Shiro

NotaMasterpiev - May 12, 2023

10 by Ionliosite2 »»
Sep 7, 2023 2:28 PM

Poll: » Preferred the movie to the series

Cestlavie_ - Jan 27, 2022

11 by removed-user »»
Aug 3, 2022 3:43 AM

» watch order?

Raulfin - May 26, 2022

18 by solomino »»
May 28, 2022 2:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.