Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 25, 2017 9:28 AM
Sep 2017
I just came back from watching Fate/Heavens Feel and it was amazing. The fight scenes were spread out in the movie and most of them were pretty short, but they looked amazing. The fight between Lancer and Assassin was choreographed great and the everything about the fight made me in awe.

So what do you guys think, is the Fate/Heavens Feel fights the very best looking fights in any anime?
Nov 25, 2017 9:34 AM

Jul 2013
Cannot say anything because Heaven's Feel hasn't been subbed online cause no blu-ray release for the moment and the movie is not going to be broadcasted in my country :(
Nov 25, 2017 9:46 AM

Jun 2016
Moved from the Anime Discussion Board.
Nov 26, 2017 9:39 AM

Oct 2015
trbautista1 said:
I just came back from watching Fate/Heavens Feel and it was amazing. The fight scenes were spread out in the movie and most of them were pretty short, but they looked amazing. The fight between Lancer and Assassin was choreographed great and the everything about the fight made me in awe.

So what do you guys think, is the Fate/Heavens Feel fights the very best looking fights in any anime?
I can't even know if I should take you seriously as your list doesn't tell me what great fights in anime you've seen.
With that being said, I highly doubt a Fate fight, even in a MOVIE made by UFOTABLE can reach such heights as you are claiming.
Nov 27, 2017 5:48 PM

Nov 2014
In terms of Rule of Cool fights the Lancer vs Assassin fights is up there with the best.

If you are looking for a fight choreography like Sword of the Stranger fight scenes then its not even top 10. But the lancer vs Assasin deserved to be praised apart from the funny looking CGI cars the fight was really modern ufotable as its best.
Nov 29, 2017 7:26 AM

Mar 2013
The fights were cool but I wouldn't call them the best or top three.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Dec 6, 2017 6:18 PM
Dec 2014
some of the CGI was way off in the lancer vs assassin fight. the CGI was totally different and it was jarring
Dec 7, 2017 9:54 PM

Aug 2015
I just saw the film, but even before then I haven't liked the direction the fight choreography for the fate series has been going. Like in heavens feel, apocrypha, and UBW tv, I don't like how the fights are just multiple sonic booms with characters cutting from one side of the screen to the other only seeing the fighters for like a second. Proper fights like the fights between saber and lancer in fate/zero are cooler to watch imo. There are still some cool action sequences, and Ufotable looks gorgeous as always, but characters moving too quick to see, just slamming into each other with the force to bring down a city block isn't as entertaining as seeing each swing and reaction from both fighters.
Dec 10, 2017 7:13 PM

Mar 2015
AvidAnimeViewer said:
I just saw the film, but even before then I haven't liked the direction the fight choreography for the fate series has been going. Like in heavens feel, apocrypha, and UBW tv, I don't like how the fights are just multiple sonic booms with characters cutting from one side of the screen to the other only seeing the fighters for like a second. Proper fights like the fights between saber and lancer in fate/zero are cooler to watch imo. There are still some cool action sequences, and Ufotable looks gorgeous as always, but characters moving too quick to see, just slamming into each other with the force to bring down a city block isn't as entertaining as seeing each swing and reaction from both fighters.

That's how servants are supposed to be though. Zero was actually wrong in that regard.
Jan 21, 2018 6:08 PM
Jan 2018
For me Fate stay night UBW and Heavens feel has the best fight scene, it's 'trackable' yet so exciting and fast. Not like the others which i forgot maybe Fate Apocrypha thr fight scene is not 'trackable' for my eyes it's so hard to see what the fk is happening in it.
Feb 22, 2018 6:34 PM

Mar 2016
MightyM16 said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

That's how servants are supposed to be though. Zero was actually wrong in that regard.
not necessarily since zero fights were seen from the servants' point of view
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Mar 4, 2018 6:15 AM

Mar 2015
Aure0lin said:
MightyM16 said:

not necessarily since zero fights were seen from the servants' point of view

Uh, Saber vs Lancer was anything but fast paced.
Mar 19, 2018 2:42 AM
Dec 2013
No sound FX, no OST. I don't know if the works with italian dub ruined the quality, but I didn't enjoyed the fight scenes like UBW. Also the CGI truck scene was horrible to me.
Mar 19, 2018 3:28 AM
Oct 2011
DarkForgotten said:
No sound FX, no OST. I don't know if the works with italian dub ruined the quality, but I didn't enjoyed the fight scenes like UBW. Also the CGI truck scene was horrible to me.

I watched both the original and the italian version. The OST and the FX were a lot quieter than they were in the original. In the Berserker-Saber fight the sword hits were extremely loud booms, for example.

The OST is less present than in other Fate products, but it's completely intentional. The most notable ones were the whole Sakura-Shirou double scene at the begininng (a lot of silence, then the swords of Lancer-Archer fight hits each other and that unsettling music starts), the Rider-Saber "fight", the shed dialogue, the Lancer-Assassin fight and the Saber-Assassin fight.
I mean, Zabaniya alone has one of the greatest Noble Phantasm activation scenes ever.

Anyway, fights were never the strong point of HF (even if there will be a couple of really great fight in the third movie - some even call them the best fights of the original game). The first ones in particular are all very short and anticlimatic, even in the original work. HF is a different animal from Fate or UBW, it's more about horror, mystery and character interactions. And A LOT of depression. That's why the start of the movie is a 20 min. flashback about Shirou and Sakura and the whole saber evocation and is just "Lol, let's skip this not very important stuff".
YggdrasilTMMar 19, 2018 3:54 AM
Mar 19, 2018 4:03 AM
Dec 2013
YggdrasilTM said:
DarkForgotten said:

I watched both the original and the italian version. The OST and the FX were a lot quieter than they were in the original. In the Berserker-Saber fight the sword hits were extremely loud booms, for example.

The OST is less present than in other Fate products, but it's completely intentional. The most notable ones were the whole Sakura-Shirou double scene at the begininng (a lot of silence, then the swords of Lancer-Archer fight hits each other and that unsettling music starts), the Rider-Saber "fight", the shed dialogue, the Lancer-Assassin fight and the Saber-Assassin fight.
I mean, Zabaniya alone has one of the greatest Noble Phantasm activations ever.

Anyway, fights were never the strong point of HF (even if there will be a couple of really great fight in the third movie). They are all very short and anticlimatic. HF is a different animal from Fate or UBW. That's why the start of the movie is a 20 min. flashback about Shirou and Sakura and the whole saber evocation is just "Lol, let's skip this not very important stuff".

I'll take a look to the original version then. It wasn't a bad movie but I left the cinema with in mind only "No FX, bad CGI, very slow pacing". It's a prologue and I wasn't ready.
Mar 25, 2018 6:49 AM

Aug 2017
YggdrasilTM said:

I mean, Zabaniya alone has one of the greatest Noble Phantasm activation scenes ever.

Anyway, fights were never the strong point of HF (even if there will be a couple of really great fight in the third movie - some even call them the best fights of the original game). The first ones in particular are all very short and anticlimatic, even in the original work. HF is a different animal from Fate or UBW, it's more about horror, mystery and character interactions. And A LOT of depression. That's why the start of the movie is a 20 min. flashback about Shirou and Sakura and the whole saber evocation and is just "Lol, let's skip this not very important stuff".

I hope the fight scenes are better than all other Fates.... I like the name better... Heaven's Feel....although, I like this name much better................. Hellish Heaven's feel (feels of heaven and/or hell, maybe a new tv series name with carefully planned plots and extended fight scenes with UFOtable's greatness? 3 movies is short).

HF is really about "mental fights" more than fights, huh?
BBWBMar 25, 2018 1:28 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Mar 25, 2018 8:45 AM
Oct 2011
BBWB said:

I hope the fight scenes are better than all other Fates.... I like the name better.
HF is really about "mental fights" more than fights, huh?

Yes, absolutely.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirhcnil - Oct 14, 2017

501 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 22, 1:30 AM

» Is it even rape?

SwagsOnB - Sep 1, 2023

33 by Bolona07 »»
Apr 29, 10:22 AM

» Just casual discussion

Animo_san - Oct 4, 2023

10 by Rezete_01 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:52 AM

» Can I start with this

Homura24 - Jun 25, 2022

46 by Epiccgaymer »»
Jun 28, 2022 2:39 AM

» Is it ok to watch Fate/Zero and then this trilogy? ( 1 2 )

nbnt - May 22, 2022

86 by pepre »»
May 24, 2022 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.