Forum Settings
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 14, 2017 3:57 AM
May 2015
I have only watched the anime and i want to read either the manga, either the visual novel. Everyone says that the visual novel is superior to the anime, but how about the manga? If it is at the level of the visual novel i ll probably go with it.
Dec 5, 2017 12:17 AM

Dec 2016
TheBuddahman said:
I have only watched the anime and i want to read either the manga, either the visual novel. Everyone says that the visual novel is superior to the anime, but how about the manga? If it is at the level of the visual novel i ll probably go with it.
Only played part of the VN, but the manga is just as good, if not a bit better than the anime. I say if you're willing to put the time into it, go play the visual novel as they're almost always the best way to go (see Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime, Umineko, etc.). If not, check out the first arc of both the manga and anime and see which one you prefer (keep in mind that the anime will have the enhanced atmosphere because of its OST, but imo, manga drawings are way creepier).

BTW sry bout the late response hope it still helps future people though.

Edit: I see, you're trying to pick between the manga and VN. I'd probably go VN in that case. It is longer in terms of time than the manga, but way more atmospheric, but the character designs are, not gonna lie, bad. So you're not really missing much by reading the manga. If reading manga is preferred for you, by all means, go for it.
ShionDec 5, 2017 12:27 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Onikakushi-hen Chapter 6 Discussion

AniJournal - Jul 25, 2011

4 by okama »»
Jun 3, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Onikakushi-hen Chapter 7 Discussion

The_Deity_Of_Sin - Apr 24, 2009

16 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 5, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Onikakushi-hen Chapter 5 Discussion

4 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 4, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Onikakushi-hen Chapter 4 Discussion

4 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 4, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Onikakushi-hen Chapter 3 Discussion

6 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 4, 5:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.