Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 6, 2017 12:17 AM

Nov 2013
Why are people who decided FSN is shit expecting to like HF?

You're not going to like it. It still has highschool sutdents, it still has cooking, it still SoL, and it should (hopefully anyway) still have a fuckton of boring exposition. Not that these are the only things Fate is about, but anyway.
Nov 6, 2017 10:52 AM

Feb 2015
This ardwolf guy thinks FMAB is shit.You can make your own conclusions from that.Dont bother with him.He is one of those part time trolls that anyways gets submeged within the depths of time.

Neither him watching the show nor him throwing around buzzwords to defend his "opinions" is going to actually change the viewpoints of those who actually bothered watching the movie or are going to eventually watch it.There are a lot of Fate fans,also a lot of them are before 2011 if you know what I mean; and him not watching anything will not affect the movie whatsoever.

This thread has just turned into OP continuously using strawman fallacy to keep on re-iterating the same point again and again without actually bothering to check whats written on the other side.That is not a discussion.Hope mods close this soon.He has got enough attention for a day or two.
Nov 6, 2017 10:58 AM

Oct 2017
laidellent said:
This ardwolf guy thinks FMAB is shit.You can make your own conclusions from that.Dont bother with him.He is one of those part time trolls that anyways gets submeged within the depths of time.

Neither him watching the show nor him throwing around buzzwords to defend his "opinions" is going to actually change the viewpoints of those who actually bothered watching the movie or are going to eventually watch it.There are a lot of Fate fans,also a lot of them are before 2011 if you know what I mean; and him not watching anything will not affect the movie whatsoever.

This thread has just turned into OP continuously using strawman fallacy to keep on re-iterating the same point again and again without actually bothering to check whats written on the other side.That is not a discussion.Hope mods close this soon.He has got enough attention for a day or two.

I think FMA:B is overrated, I like the original series. Of course just because I don't like an anime you do I'm a troll. How fucking stupid is that?

Never said it would affect the movie..So its only a discussion if I change my opinion and see how "wrong" I was? I could say the same about F/SN fans who are stubborn as hell.

This thread has turned into insecure F/SN fans getting butthurt and defending their shitty series even though that wasn't even the damm topic. Try harder next time.
Nov 6, 2017 11:15 AM

Feb 2015
Aardwolf94 said:
laidellent said:

I think FMA:B is overrated, I like the original series. Of course just because I don't like an anime you do I'm a troll. How fucking stupid is that?

Never said it would affect the movie..So its only a discussion if I change my opinion and see how "wrong" I was? I could say the same about F/SN fans who are stubborn as hell.

This thread has turned into insecure F/SN fans getting butthurt and defending their shitty series even though that wasn't even the damm topic. Try harder next time.

Just look back at the no. of buzzwords you used in that particular paragraph.A major point of any discussion is the moment you start using them you loose all credibilty.

So yes you are just further validating my point and behaving like that is what would I expect from a guy who doesnt even understand what Zero is about.

But please keep on your charade.You have a lot of time to spare it seems.
Nov 6, 2017 11:22 AM

Oct 2017
laidellent said:
Aardwolf94 said:

Just look back at the no. of buzzwords you used in that particular paragraph.A major point of any discussion is the moment you start using them you loose all credibilty.

So yes you are just further validating my point and behaving like that is what would I expect from a guy who doesnt even understand what Zero is about.

Says the guy who said I was a troll because I dislike one of his favourite anime, talking about credibility here makes you look stupid.

And I have explained my points multiple times, its not like I just used "buzzwords" and just left it at that. So what was F/Z actually about, enlighten me since you see to have understood it so much better. Just saying it without any explanation again makes you look silly.

Nov 6, 2017 12:14 PM

Feb 2015
Aardwolf94 said:
laidellent said:

Says the guy who said I was a troll because I dislike one of his favourite anime, talking about credibility here makes you look stupid.

And I have explained my points multiple times, its not like I just used "buzzwords" and just left it at that. So what was F/Z actually about, enlighten me since you see to have understood it so much better. Just saying it without any explanation again makes you look silly.

I have got no hesitation in calling a spade a spade.This is not some random arbitary comment about you.Every single post of yours indicate that you actually have no intention in legitamely discussing the points but rather you would re iterate the same points time and again despite people pointing out the counter points.
Thats not how a discussion works.Thats why I will not indulge you like the last guy.

Props to you to atleast try hard enough to write paragraphs about the same thing more than once I guess.

Btw,this isn't even my favorite anime.Secondly,you should watch more anime before jumping into conclusions about a series and yes this is coming from a guy who has watched more anime than you.I love Zero but I have got a huge issue with people like you who talk out of their asses based on their own misguided interpretation.If you think I am putting on an air of entitlement,I am pretty much justified given I have gone through the trouble of going through the source materials in both cases unlike you who has just seen a facet and made your own conclusions.I have the wholistic picture while you have made your own bubble and you refuse to listen.Why should I bother discussing it then?
Nov 6, 2017 12:19 PM

Oct 2017
laidellent said:
Aardwolf94 said:

I have got no hesitation in calling a spade a spade.This is not some random arbitary comment about you.Every single post of yours indicate that you actually have no intention in legitamely discussing the points but rather you would re iterate the same points time and again despite people pointing out the counter points.
Thats not how a discussion works.Thats why I will not indulge you like the last guy.

Props to you to atleast try hard enough to write paragraphs about the same thing more than once I guess.

Btw,this isn't even my favorite anime.Secondly,you should watch more anime before jumping into conclusions about a series and yes this is coming from a guy who has watched 10 times atleast more anime than you.I love Zero but I have got a huge issue with people like you who talk out of their asses based on their own misguided interpretation.If you think I am putting on an air of entitlement,I am pretty much justified given I have gone through the trouble of going through the source materials in both cases unlike you who has just seen a facet and made your own conclusions.I have the wholistic picture while you have made your own bubble and you refuse to listen.Why should I bother discussing it then?

No I understood the "counter points", they were just too weak in most cases to really change my mind. A discussion doesn't mean that at the end I have to say I was wrong and suddenly like F/SN.

No but FMA:B is your favourite and you calling me a troll because I dont like it that much shows how childish you are.

So one has to watch hundreds of anime before judging F/SN? Or FMA:B? Wtf Also the anime needs to stand on its own, I don't need to read some long ass visual novel or Light novel to say how good/bad the anime is. Another horrible argument.

Nov 6, 2017 12:36 PM

Feb 2015
Its not about you changing your mind but its more about you being obstinate enough to not pay heed to anyone else or their opinions.Its ok.VNs never stand on its own given the way they have been structured.Its much easier to adapt manga or LN which Zero is.

I inculded the source materials because it gives me a bigger perspective of what I am talking about.

Like Usagi Drop is one of the best anime out there but that doesnt prevent it from having one of the shittiest endings in manga ever and that would play a part in my final assessment of the series irrespective of the anime because I like to see the eventual outcome of something I start and dont jump into conclusions like some people.But maybe thats just me.
laidellentNov 6, 2017 12:40 PM
Nov 6, 2017 2:39 PM

Aug 2009
The discussion so far:

"Shirou whines about his hard life"
Me:"When did Shirou whine?"
"Shirou whines"

Me:"Kiritsugu wants to save everyone"
"No, Kiritsugu was killing the few to save the many"
Me:"So why is he in the war"
"To stop doing that and save everyone".
Me:"..."

Clearly the fault lies with the hardcore fans and FSN.
Nov 6, 2017 4:22 PM

Oct 2017
ssjokg said:
The discussion so far:

"Shirou whines about his hard life"
Me:"When did Shirou whine?"
"Shirou whines"

Me:"Kiritsugu wants to save everyone"
"No, Kiritsugu was killing the few to save the many"
Me:"So why is he in the war"
"To stop doing that and save everyone".
Me:"..."

Clearly the fault lies with the hardcore fans and FSN.

Yet you keep coming here, someone is desperate for attention despite saying "I'm done"..

And it seems that you still don't get it. Kiritsugu wanted to stop all the conflict in the world but that doesn't mean everyone who he ever killed would be alive again and that was my whole point. Just because he wants to save everyone via ending all the conflict doesn't mean he is more of a Shounen protagonist. His actions are important here and they are that of an anti hero and not one of a typical Shounen protagonist (where Shirou fits much more).

But of course you love to dumb down F/Z and my arguments when you are the one who doesn't have any strong one's. Lets not forget how you judge good writing: "enlighten us with how well written FZ is for making adults act worse than children(their children even)" or somehow saying that Kiritsugu had more luck than Shirou..

Yet I'm the one who didn't get F/Z..lmao just stop embarrassing yourself.
Aardwolf94Nov 6, 2017 4:28 PM
Nov 6, 2017 4:27 PM

Oct 2017
laidellent said:
Its not about you changing your mind but its more about you being obstinate enough to not pay heed to anyone else or their opinions.Its ok.VNs never stand on its own given the way they have been structured.Its much easier to adapt manga or LN which Zero is.

I inculded the source materials because it gives me a bigger perspective of what I am talking about.

Like Usagi Drop is one of the best anime out there but that doesnt prevent it from having one of the shittiest endings in manga ever and that would play a part in my final assessment of the series irrespective of the anime because I like to see the eventual outcome of something I start and dont jump into conclusions like some people.But maybe thats just me.

I think Steins Gate showed that VN adaptations can stand on their own as well, its fantastic and I never felt like I was missing much. Same for Clannad + AS.

Well thats where we disagree. For me the Usagi Drop anime is great and I definitely don't count the disgusting manga ending when I rate the anime. They are two seperate things.
Nov 6, 2017 6:47 PM

Aug 2016
ssjokg said:
Who are you kidding? The main stuff of the series are still the same thry dont just do a 180 ro satisfy people that didnt get shit in ubw and fate.And zero.

You already have a fixed opinion on both series.

Ummmmm...

Did I say anything factually incorrect? Zero's tone WAS inspired by HF. Many plot threads started in Zero ARE continued in HF. This is all true. Furthermore I actually gave an example of a reputable person who didn't like UBW but loved HF (they reviewed HF on Anime News Network). If I've said anything wrong please correct me. If not, then don't go after me for trying to answer the OP's original question. Whether OP's opinion on Fate and UBW is fixed is irrelevant, since HF is a different work. It's almost like you don't want him to like it or something since he doesn't like the other two routes. Grow up, please.

As for my opinion on the Fate series. Fate/Stay Night by Deen was an admirable first attempt considering the context it was made in. UBW is not perfect, but it is decent enough. The tone difference between Zero and Stay Night didn't really shock me since I started with Deen. I can see why people who started with Zero would think differently. That said, to fully appreciate the series one shouldn't start with Zero since it infodumps you on characters who you are meant to already know from Stay Night (Kirei, Illya, Matous, Tousakas, Kiritsugu to an extent, and especially Saber) and your appreciation for BOTH works will be diminished. It's like watching the Star Wars movies in chronological order. Appreciation for all the films will be lower.
Nov 7, 2017 4:39 AM

Aug 2016
People can like or dislike things for whatever reason they want. Some reasons may seem more justified than others (i.e. writing as opposed to animation quality) but in the end it's still an opinion. And opinions should be respected. That said, your opinion should also be respected, which Zero fans have a reputation for not doing...

This is the real problem here I think. Just because you're correct (Zero>FSN[anime]) doesn't mean you're right (FSN<<Zero).
Nov 9, 2017 3:05 PM

Sep 2013
ssjokg said:

>the romance with Saber was cringeworthy and degraded her character

How can something that came first degrade a character?

Reminds me of this little gem:

I mean, honestly, is this what intelligence has been reduced to?

It can only be said so many times: If you don't like Saber in Fate/Stay Night, then you don't like Saber. If you're judging her based on Fate/Zero, then you don't know who she really is.

Same logic applies to FSN vs FZ as a whole.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2017 3:10 PM

Oct 2017
Mickdrew said:
ssjokg said:

>the romance with Saber was cringeworthy and degraded her character

How can something that came first degrade a character?

Reminds me of this little gem:

I mean, honestly, is this what intelligence has been reduced to?

It can only be said so many times: If you don't like Saber in Fate/Stay Night, then you don't like Saber. If you're judging her based on Fate/Zero, then you don't know who she really is.

Same logic applies to FSN vs FZ as a whole.

Wrong, that means you like F/Z Saber but not F/SN Saber. Two different writers were here at work and its obvious.

Also thats a good review that I agree with 100%, I suppose instead of "original" (since as much as I dislike F/SN Saber she is the original) he should have said F/Z Saber but thats about it.

Honestly feels like F/SN fans are the one's who aren't very intelligent, just accept different opinions and dont force your opinions on everyone
Nov 9, 2017 3:33 PM

Sep 2013
Aardwolf94 said:

Wrong, that means you like F/Z Saber but not F/SN Saber. Two different writers were here at work and its obvious.

Also thats a good review that I agree with 100%, I suppose instead of "original" (since as much as I dislike F/SN Saber she is the original) he should have said F/Z Saber but thats about it.

If you prefer a simplified character with dimensions ripped out, then by all means like FZ Saber.

Aardwolf94 said:
just accept different opinions and dont force your opinions on everyone

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2017 4:46 PM

Oct 2017
Mickdrew said:
Aardwolf94 said:

If you prefer a simplified character with dimensions ripped out, then by all means like FZ Saber.

Aardwolf94 said:
just accept different opinions and dont force your opinions on everyone

And I guess if you like her turning into yet another cheap love interest who only develops because of a stupid naive highschool boy (via talking with him and fucking him) then sure like F/SN Saber

To each their own.
Nov 9, 2017 7:12 PM

Sep 2013
Aardwolf94 said:
And I guess if you like her turning into yet another cheap love interest who only develops because of a stupid naive highschool boy (via talking with him and fucking him) then sure like F/SN Saber

To each their own.

This is why DEEN is complete shit
Nov 10, 2017 12:04 AM

Aug 2009
My favorite route is UBW. But I will watch all "Fate" anime by Ufotable.
Nov 10, 2017 12:53 AM

Aug 2009
Mickdrew said:
Aardwolf94 said:

To each their own.

Kiritsugu changed a bit because he loved, fucked and had a child with a 2 year old but it is Saber and the teenager that are bad.

Zerofags my friend.You can always hear the most retarded stuff from them.
Nov 10, 2017 9:17 AM

Oct 2017
ssjokg said:
Mickdrew said:

Kiritsugu changed a bit because he loved, fucked and had a child with a 2 year old but it is Saber and the teenager that are bad.

Still barking I see? Damm your butthurt is really on a next level, how insecure are VN tards?

And you continue to try and put down F/Z just because you are salty of the F/SN bashing, without much success I have to say (The Kiritsugu Irisviel romance is better than the cheap cliche romances in F/SN). Although I'm wondering now why you even gave it a 10, at this point thats rather foolish.

Aardwolf94Nov 10, 2017 9:33 AM
Nov 10, 2017 10:04 AM

Aug 2009
Aardwolf94 said:
ssjokg said:

Still barking I see? Damm your butthurt is really on a next level, how insecure are VN tards?

And you continue to try and put down F/Z just because you are salty of the F/SN bashing, without much success I have to say (The Kiritsugu Irisviel romance is better than the cheap cliche romances in F/SN). Although I'm wondering now why you even gave it a 10, at this point thats rather foolish.

i dont hate zero at all.I hate all the retarded fans that think they know the story and characters but they cant even remember simple stuff correctly.

Also Iri lives solely for Kiritsugu.So...meh I know that explaining further is of no use.
Nov 10, 2017 11:46 AM

Oct 2013
to OP, if you dont like fate and ubw then dont watch heaven's feel. its better that way
Nov 10, 2017 12:14 PM

Oct 2017
elTaka said:
to OP, if you dont like fate and ubw then dont watch heaven's feel. its better that way

Nah I want to watch it and finish F/SN. It will probably suck though.
Nov 10, 2017 11:24 PM

Nov 2013
It doesn't matter if it sucks or not, you're already too biased against anything not FZ and with the way that shitfest went down (aka a stubborness contest) I highly doubt you will ever give anything Fate related a fair chance from now on thanks to this thread (not that Apo or Kaleid are that good to begin with, but anyway).

Out of the 3 routes HF has the most connections/plot points related to FZ directly, and is arguably the darkest route among the 3. As far as how it's regarded by fans most are torn between it and UBW as the best route, but HF has a slight edge iirc.

None of that matters though, because like it or not it still has the exact same shit you constantly complain about: Shirou, Highschool students, SoL, etc. Literally the only thing that might "get fixed" for you is Kirei... And that's assuming they actually adapt the damn thing faithfully.
Nov 11, 2017 9:43 AM

Oct 2017
Botato said:
It doesn't matter if it sucks or not, you're already too biased against anything not FZ and with the way that shitfest went down (aka a stubborness contest) I highly doubt you will ever give anything Fate related a fair chance from now on thanks to this thread (not that Apo or Kaleid are that good to begin with, but anyway).

Out of the 3 routes HF has the most connections/plot points related to FZ directly, and is arguably the darkest route among the 3. As far as how it's regarded by fans most are torn between it and UBW as the best route, but HF has a slight edge iirc.

None of that matters though, because like it or not it still has the exact same shit you constantly complain about: Shirou, Highschool students, SoL, etc. Literally the only thing that might "get fixed" for you is Kirei... And that's assuming they actually adapt the damn thing faithfully.

Whil F/SN fans were rather rabid in this thread I don't bash things just because it has annoying fans.

Of course it has highschool etc. that was pretty clear but I'm definitely interested to see the connections with F/Z and the dark atmosphere which is how a war should be (not to mention more Kirei who was my favourite character in F/Z with Kiritsugu). Hopefully Shirou's character improves as well.

Anyway I'll try to go in with an open mind. Thanks for answering the question of the thread..
Nov 17, 2017 4:23 AM
Jun 2015
ssjokg said:
Aardwolf94 said:

i dont hate zero at all.I hate all the retarded fans that think they know the story and characters but they cant even remember simple stuff correctly.

Also Iri lives solely for Kiritsugu.So...meh I know that explaining further is of no use.

I'm amazed you put up with the dumbass for so long. Just reading his posts gives me a headache.
Nov 17, 2017 9:39 AM

Oct 2017
Alter_A said:
ssjokg said:

I'm amazed you put up with the dumbass for so long. Just reading his posts gives me a headache.

F/SN tards logic: "Anyone who doesn't like my favourite porn game and favourite obnoxious protagonist is a dumb ass"

Thanks for yet another worthless reply from a butthurt F/SN fan, fucking pathetic.
Nov 17, 2017 9:13 PM
Jun 2015
Aardwolf94 said:
Alter_A said:

F/SN tards logic: "Anyone who doesn't like my favourite porn game and favourite obnoxious protagonist is a dumb ass"

Thanks for yet another worthless reply from a butthurt F/SN fan, fucking pathetic.

Keep talking secondary fag. You ain't any different from the countless other AOs parroting the same shit though.
Nov 17, 2017 10:13 PM

Oct 2017
Alter_A said:
Aardwolf94 said:

Keep talking secondary fag. You ain't any different from the countless other AOs parroting the same shit though.

Better be a secondary than a porn game fag. And you aren't any different from the other butthut VN readers that came to this thread either, what a silly fanbase!
Aardwolf94Nov 17, 2017 10:21 PM
Nov 17, 2017 11:07 PM
Jun 2015
Aardwolf94 said:
Alter_A said:

Better be a secondary than a porn game fag. And you aren't any different from the other butthut VN readers that came to this thread either, what a silly fanbase!

Like I said, keep talking. It'll only show how much bullshit you're pulling out of your ass.
Anyone can see through you the moment you use the "porn game" card and the personal attacks on the fan base. Couple that with the attitude and vocabulary of a typical secondary fag so easily and often spotted around the net, and you might as well waving a sign written "Fuck You! Fight Me!".
Nov 17, 2017 11:43 PM

Oct 2017
Alter_A said:
Aardwolf94 said:

Like I said, keep talking. It'll only show how much bullshit you're pulling out of your ass.
Anyone can see through you the moment you use the "porn game" card and the personal attacks on the fan base. Couple that with the attitude and vocabulary of a typical secondary fag so easily and often spotted around the net, and you might as well waving a sign written "Fuck You! Fight Me!".

As if you didn't start "I'm amazed you put up with the dumbass for so long, Keep talking secondary fag". Your type is so hypocritical its ridiculous. Its fine as long as you use personal attacks but how dare others do it as well.

You are the one who made a worthless bait post because he got triggered so much by my posts. This discussion has been over for more than a week, yet you felt compelled to add your bullshit to it (which is the same old shit I have already seen) instead of answering the thread's question and now I'm the one "pulling bullshit out of my ass"? Lmao.

And I explained my points in detail before, not like I just said "porn game" and that was it. But of course you got butthurt by me bashing your precious visual novel.

Now excuse me I already wasted too much time on that other butthurt F/SN tard, don't want to waste more on another who also acts like an asshole just because people don't his favourite porn game and acts like a 12 year old in response.

Aardwolf94Nov 17, 2017 11:48 PM
Nov 18, 2017 4:10 AM

Sep 2014
Heavens Feel is definitely well regarded and people debate whether UBW or this route is better. It is my favourite route and favourite Fate work in general so feel it should be great once all three movies are out and the full story can be experienced. Heavens Feel is definitely where Kirei shines the most. Though this is definitely where Gilgamesh has the smallest role compared to Zero, Fate and UBW
Nov 18, 2017 9:19 PM
Jun 2015
Aardwolf94 said:
Alter_A said:

As if you didn't start "I'm amazed you put up with the dumbass for so long, Keep talking secondary fag". Your type is so hypocritical its ridiculous. Its fine as long as you use personal attacks but how dare others do it as well.

You are the one who made a worthless bait post because he got triggered so much by my posts. This discussion has been over for more than a week, yet you felt compelled to add your bullshit to it (which is the same old shit I have already seen) instead of answering the thread's question and now I'm the one "pulling bullshit out of my ass"? Lmao.

And I explained my points in detail before, not like I just said "porn game" and that was it. But of course you got butthurt by me bashing your precious visual novel.

Now excuse me I already wasted too much time on that other butthurt F/SN tard, don't want to waste more on another who also acts like an asshole just because people don't his favourite porn game and acts like a 12 year old in response.

Like I said, keep talking.
You're no different than the 'VN tards' you're bashing so hard on with your clearly biased and skewed arguments.
And if you behave like a a twat, I'll respond accordingly.

"already wasted too much time" "don't want to waste more".
Yeah, let's see how long you stick to that. Or are you just gonna come crawling back like you did with "that other butthurt F/SN tard"?
Alter_ANov 24, 2017 8:50 PM
Nov 19, 2017 1:53 PM

Jan 2010
I...I think the thread's question was answered already...at least I think. Locking this before it gets derailed any further.

Thread Locked
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirhcnil - Oct 14, 2017

501 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 22, 1:30 AM

» Is it even rape?

SwagsOnB - Sep 1, 2023

33 by Bolona07 »»
Apr 29, 10:22 AM

» Just casual discussion

Animo_san - Oct 4, 2023

10 by Rezete_01 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:52 AM

» Can I start with this

Homura24 - Jun 25, 2022

46 by Epiccgaymer »»
Jun 28, 2022 2:39 AM

» Is it ok to watch Fate/Zero and then this trilogy? ( 1 2 )

nbnt - May 22, 2022

86 by pepre »»
May 24, 2022 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.