Fate/kaleid: Illya

So no, not really.

Fate kaleid was outside Nasuverse .

Kara no Kyoukai
Mahoutsukai no Yoru
Fate/Prototype
Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Some Shit I Can't Remember Right Now
Tsuki no Sango

The only reason for Nasu to go for male is because it sells more.
Jan 28, 2018 11:10 AM

Jul 2014
ReddayeSocks said:
Better question is why do people care? The female MC is just as bland and boring as the male one.

^THIS, you all are getting angry for nothing.
Jan 28, 2018 11:41 AM

Aug 2014
Daviner said:
Saintrider891 said:

Kara no Kyoukai
Mahoutsukai no Yoru
Fate/Prototype
Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Some Shit I Can't Remember Right Now
Tsuki no Sango

The only reason for Nasu to go for male is because it sells more.

Well, Nasu didn't write Fragments either, that was Sakurai.
You could mention F/HA for Bazett I suppose, though she splits her protag time with that one guy.
Jan 29, 2018 3:46 AM

Dec 2013
Because it doesn't matter, unless you want Hakunon to have a talk about T Regulations with Casko.

Hakuno and Hakunon react and act the same way, the ONLY thing that changes is ONE dialogue with Casko and two or three with Archer, but that's about it.

Sure, I prefer Hakunon, but story-wise it doesn't make any difference.
Jan 29, 2018 2:02 PM
Apr 2015
i prefer female protagonist but ugh.......
Jan 31, 2018 2:53 AM
Jan 2018
Because it was written with a male protagonist in mind. Simple as that.
Yes, female protagonist is more popular, but popularity alone doesn't dictate everything.
Feb 3, 2018 4:33 PM

Aug 2016
astroprogs said:
Uh, so you want a boring female protagonist instead of a boring male one?

^^^ THIS. I am tired of people complaining about Hakuno and saying they want Hakunon instead when they're is absolutely no difference between them.
How do I delete my account
Feb 7, 2018 1:42 AM
Aug 2012
TzwTzw said:
I've been a fan of the game for many years. Fanarts, polls, and game plays show that Hakunon is A LOT more popular than Hakuno. This is a reason why I don't watch any Fate shows anymore due to them having boring male MCs, I don't care about yuri happening but even that is better than a boring self-insert male with Saber , I got also bored of Shirou being all the time shoved in every adaptation of FSN routes. Let him and Archer die.

You sound like a Feminist. Like it or not, Shirou is the main character. If their is no Shirou, then Fate would have never existed to begin with.
Feb 7, 2018 1:42 AM
Aug 2012
TzwTzw said:
I've been a fan of the game for many years. Fanarts, polls, and game plays show that Hakunon is A LOT more popular than Hakuno. This is a reason why I don't watch any Fate shows anymore due to them having boring male MCs, I don't care about yuri happening but even that is better than a boring self-insert male with Saber , I got also bored of Shirou being all the time shoved in every adaptation of FSN routes. Let him and Archer die.

You sound like a Feminist. Like it or not, Shirou is the main character. If their is no Shirou, then Fate would have never existed to begin with.
Feb 10, 2018 5:00 AM

Dec 2014
Insertanamehere said:
Saintrider891 said:

And Nasu didn't write Apocrypha, so...

Also fun fact Sieg isnt male. Cause Homuncoli dont have genitals. They may vary in appearence but they are artifical lifeform who dont have a gender nor the means to reproduce.
Feb 11, 2018 2:49 PM

Nov 2015
One reason would be because it would change the perception of the show. There'd be Yuri-tension to some people and that can be harmful to the show. I personally do not like Yuri because I like male/female pairings too much now. Also because babies can potentially be made but that's besides the point.

Another reason could be because having a male protagonist is safer than having a female one.
Feb 11, 2018 5:25 PM

Apr 2010
MonoReaper said:
Insertanamehere said:

And Nasu didn't write Apocrypha, so...

Also fun fact Sieg isnt male. Cause Homuncoli dont have genitals. They may vary in appearence but they are artifical lifeform who dont have a gender nor the means to reproduce.

Irisviel is a homunculus & gave birth to Illya.
Feb 12, 2018 6:16 AM
Aug 2017
Just imagine edgelord Hakunon. I mean Hakuno in episode 3 has a bunch of lines that sounds edgy as hell...

https://imgur.com/a/Cb8iP

shit that actually seems cool
Mar 6, 2018 6:07 AM

Dec 2014
antonn said:
MonoReaper said:

Irisviel is a homunculus & gave birth to Illya.

Yeah but she was such a abnormal case that something like that even happend in the first place + the Einzbern`s are a family who produce homunculi like no one else in the Fateverse besides Servants.
Thats why the always use a Homuncoli in the grail wars & if i remember correct it also had to do with the fact of Avenger & Avalon that she could do something like that in the first place.
May 11, 2018 12:57 PM
May 2018
It honestly wouldn't bother except for the fact that type-moon stated that the female version is the real version of Hakuno. So to see them change it is weird and makes it seem like they just wanted another male protag.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.