Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2017 8:15 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now the two stories merge in one episode.

I thought initially that he was interested in the Elixir of Reviving because of their parents, it turns out...to me at least now that we truly know him. the foremost in his list was probably his elder brother. It seems he went to Death Island to train there unlike his elder brother who escaped to be with him and to protect him.

Repairing or rejuvenating the Pagoda Tree by visiting the other three mystical trees-or-whatever is an adventure all by itself.

Karma's a bitch Lu, you don't deserve Yan Qing but I pity him now because of what I've inferred to be his prior circumstances for acting like a jerk all this time. He must have experienced a hard life too along the way just surviving to be where he is now but well it was his choice to be a jerk in the end.

Hah, as I suspected it! The one impersonating Guifu Santong for the last three months is none other than Huangfu Longdou, the one suspected by the Constables who killed their parents, and it's revealed in this episode to be the mightiest Requiem General of the last generation according to him. He's probably not with Kingdom but another party perhaps?

All those other new characters in the end makes me want to wish a second season. Anyway 6/10 for me.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 26, 2017 1:26 AM

Feb 2015
Well looking forward to a second season. The ending was great and liked the anime.

Good Story and a interesting setting. The last part showing other Requiem Generals makes the suspense even better...
Dec 16, 2017 9:13 PM

Sep 2009
So i know this might be out of topic but, i did some research on the webz, is there any news of a second season april 2018?

Dec 16, 2017 9:32 PM
Jun 2017
DerVomHimmel said:
So i know this might be out of topic but, i did some research on the webz, is there any news of a second season april 2018?

Unfortunately no. If there ever will be a second season, it won't be in 2018.
Dec 16, 2017 9:38 PM

Sep 2009
hmh... meh, but the story just started in ep 24 :c well.. some might say it ended, depending from which point of view you see it.. lets hope! maybe we'll get more someday

Dec 16, 2017 10:24 PM
Jun 2017
DerVomHimmel said:
hmh... meh, but the story just started in ep 24 :c well.. some might say it ended, depending from which point of view you see it.. lets hope! maybe we'll get more someday

I hope so too. The teaser at the end really makes me feel a second season will be more epic.
Dec 19, 2017 7:04 PM
Jun 2017
The second season is confirmed for 2019.
Dec 28, 2017 5:58 AM

Sep 2009
Jyzal said:

WHOOP ?!?! :O <3 :D

Jul 1, 2019 7:13 PM

Jun 2011
whoa amazing ending! Everything about the last part of the episode was outstanding! As OP have mentioned, the way they connected the past to the present at the very end is really well done, it's sooo emotional. I would've preferred if the older brother is the protagonist though, we've been with him in the flashback and all this time we thought that was the older brother in the present time..

If it wasn't for the spoiled little brother since episode 16 I would've enjoyed this a lot more, sadly episode 16 onward ruined a lot of it.

Jyzal said:
it's already halfway through 2019, any news on that?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 10, 2019 10:47 PM

Aug 2008
ToG25thBaam said:
whoa amazing ending! Everything about the last part of the episode was outstanding! As OP have mentioned, the way they connected the past to the present at the very end is really well done, it's sooo emotional. I would've preferred if the older brother is the protagonist though, we've been with him in the flashback and all this time we thought that was the older brother in the present time..

If it wasn't for the spoiled little brother since episode 16 I would've enjoyed this a lot more, sadly episode 16 onward ruined a lot of it.

Jyzal said:
it's already halfway through 2019, any news on that?

28.12,2019 from pv 5 news
The spider is watching
Oct 20, 2021 5:54 AM

Mar 2020
Interesting development. Looking forward to watching the rest. I hope cg and fight scenes get better in the sequels, 6/10
Mar 31, 2022 5:47 PM
Jul 2016
After watching the whole series, I can finally understand why the storytelling was done in an alternating timeline fashion... They did well wrapping things up (to this point in the source material, I guess) and delivering the merging of the plotlines in a sensible, impactful and dramatic way.
Feb 20, 2023 11:32 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
For my first Chinese anime this wasn’t bad at all, I quite enjoyed this watch, it had a bit of a curve to get into because of having to get used to a new language but I’m glad I stuck it out. I do have a few gripes, first is the art and animation was not great in a lot of parts, mainly the fight scenes, the CGI didn’t look very good and the punches weren’t very satisfying either. Next is the pacing in some parts, especially early on in the past episodes, the biggest example of this is when Xuanliang first went to Death Island and it seemed like the start to a whole arc but there was immediately a guy that knew how to get out and that was that lol, and some fights felt too short like the first fight with Lu when the brothers first returned to Requiem Street after getting stronger, and this was a complete contrast to the 2nd Lu fight which spanned half the show lol.

And my last issue is that the big bad guys were underwhelming after all their buildup, Lu did some cool stuff but when it came to actually fighting he kept getting his ass beat, and that Hale guy was pretty strong when he first appeared but upon transforming he got kicked around and then killed after escaping lol. Besides that stuff, I had a good time with this, I think the story and the backgrounds were particularly great here, they were the two things that were consistently awesome. I also want to brag that I saw the brother twist coming but it happened differently than I thought it would, I’ll still take that W tho lol. And I gotta say the two EDs in this show were pretty damn good, gonna have to seek them out soon. And I guess I’ll hit Season 2 sometime soon, whenever my buddy wants to do it because I watched this with him lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zhen Hun Jie Episode 21 Discussion

tofei - Sep 5, 2017

2 by TheColonel76 »»
Feb 18, 2023 8:07 PM

Poll: » Zhen Hun Jie Episode 12 Discussion

Napok - Jul 14, 2016

3 by TheColonel76 »»
Feb 9, 2023 6:57 AM

Poll: » Zhen Hun Jie Episode 1 Discussion

goodshitgoOdshit - Jul 5, 2016

8 by TheColonel76 »»
Jan 29, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Zhen Hun Jie Episode 23 Discussion

tofei - Sep 5, 2017

1 by Stormy_77 »»
Oct 8, 2022 11:48 PM

Poll: » Zhen Hun Jie Episode 22 Discussion

Estherella - Jan 22, 2017

12 by Stormy_77 »»
Oct 8, 2022 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.