Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 15, 2017 9:31 AM
Sep 2011
I'm so shocked by how much people hate the characters in this anime

Seriously, I couldn’t hate any character and I felt sympathy for all of them even the male lead

Takayuki- I don't blame Takayuki for being indeceive and not being able to choose who he wants to be with, the whole situation was extremely difficult for him and hurting someone was inevitable.
This guy went through hell and I really don't understand why people hate him so much
I can't blame him for going back and forth between Haruka and Mitsuki, people seem to easily forget that it was the doctor who told him to be with Huruka and act as if nothing happened , It was the doctor who suggested this whole idea and he felt pressured and decided to be there for Huraka because he felt so guilty and he didn't want her to get hurt and fall into a relapse. He made a mistake but he ultimately did it for her sake

Mitsuki- Many people say that Haruka accident was her fault because she made Takayuki late for hid date with Haruka, I've seen so much hate for this character, She's actually my favorite character , Many people say she's a slut and a whore because she seduced Takayuki and betrayed her friend Haruka and that’s true but you have to consider the fact that Haruka was in a coma for THREE YEARS, so many things can happen in those three years, No one expected Haruka to wake up from her coma, if you’re going to call Mistuki a bitch then you should look at Sekai from School days first, if you think that Sekai is better than Mistuki, then allow me to tell you that you are insane, Sekai did so much worse
at least Mitsuki did it while Haruka was a sleep and I actually like Sekai but I can't deny the fact that she is a slut.

And if you hate Mistuki for cheating on Takyuki, then you're not being fair because he was also cheating on her with Haruka, in Mistuki’s case, it's worse since she literary had sex with Shinji but the girl was drunk and out of her mind, she was very unstable, She made a mistake but you have to at least consider the situation she was in .

I related to the characters in KGNE much more than the characters in School days, the characters in School days are probably the dumbest characters I’ve come across, there was no tragedy in School days, the characters themselves created those bad situation because of their terrible behavior, in KGNE, the characters make mistakes but you can understand where they are coming from because the whole situation is just too tragic .

I even think the characters in KGNE are far more sympathetic than the characters in White Album 2 and True Tears even though I like and sympathize with all the characters in both of these Shows

RozalthiricJan 27, 2018 11:00 PM
Aug 17, 2017 3:06 PM
Jul 2018
While I can relate to some of your points, I believe this is a pretty off-topic, since you highly compare it to other shows. Also here are many spoilers.

I have to admit, though, I LOVE this anime. It has a nice story, it was my first romance/drama ever, except Clannad, but one couldn't possibly compare those two, and I believe it's unreachable (for me) in both drama AND romance, and I could really relate to the MCs chain of thoughts, although I never experienced such things myself. While I must say, the first time I watched it, the fooling around times at work seemed a bit off, but when I rewatched it, and possibly because I already finished it, and Muv-Luv (Alternative), it was so entertaining as a whole.
Also: the ending! Goosebumps. Everytime.

Can't wait for the visual novel translation!

And well, I must say, I love School Days, too - especially the animated VN.
Although I wouldn't say I like all of the characters' actions, I wouldn't say I hate the characters. Au contraire. But only in the VN, I guess. In the anime, Makoto really seems like a poser at the end, and by all means, you can get there in the VN too, but you have it in your own hands, like in RL.

And for you nearly never know what your actions are gonna bring you in... what could be more entertaining? This show caught my interest from the first time I finished and have watched the... random anime ending.
I'm currently replaying Shiny Days (animated VN) too, which can be quite the opposite to the, at times, dark setting of School Days; as I said, only at sometimes.
Sep 3, 2017 10:29 AM

Feb 2012
indigoDAYS said:

Can't wait for the visual novel translation!

There is a translation of the visual novel? Oh boy, that is some unexpecting news. I would love to play it. (It seems that is coming in 2018, isnt it?)

As for the original question. I watched the original anime more than a decade ago (I feel like an old geezer), and I expected to hate it. But it surprised me as a mellow and nostalgic story about love and its tribulations. It is somewhat shallow I know, but it has a cheesy charm in it. It reminds me somehow to that overly dramatic and nostalgic korean dramas that come from time to time. Are the characters likeable? I think they are, in the sense that even when you no accept all their actions at least you can understand where they are coming from.
Nov 1, 2017 6:55 PM

May 2015
Yeah there were times when the characters might've frustrated me or annoyed me with some of their decisions. But I agree that in the end when it gave a satisfying ending that I found myself actually feeling happy for all the characters. And I found that I don't exactly have much hate for any of them cause the pay off was kinda good.
Feb 15, 2018 6:03 PM
Sep 2011
Indigo-kun said:
While I can relate to some of your points, I believe this is a pretty off-topic, since you highly compare it to other shows. Also here are many spoilers.

I have to admit, though, I LOVE this anime. It has a nice story, it was my first romance/drama ever, except Clannad, but one couldn't possibly compare those two, and I believe it's unreachable (for me) in both drama AND romance

IMO the first season of Clannad doesn't even come close to this in terms of drama and characterization, all the main girls with the exception of Tomoya the male lead are so bland, boring, childish and unrealistic, they don't even come close to the characterization of the girls in Kimi ga nozomu eien, even the girls in school days are more interesting than the girls in Clannad, the first season of Clannad is very childish compare to this anime .

The second half of Clannad after story is a masterpiece and it deserves all the praise it gets but the rest of Clannad is mediocre in my opinion.

I liked School Days too and I found it so unique but the characters were stupid beyond believe and I felt that some of their actions could've been avoided if they used their brain a little, they did't have any common sense to them but I still felt sorry for the three leads despite how twisted they were.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

181 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
May 10, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Mitsuki or Haruka? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 1, 2007

255 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

52 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 23, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 3 Discussion

Di27 - Apr 16, 2008

47 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 22, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

55 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 8, 4:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.