Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2010 2:18 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I liked the ending but it seemed a little to simple.

The series was also good but there were some dissapointments. Also, it didn't leave me with the hope of a sequel(even though 6 years have passed so nobody is expecting one :) ) I give it 7/10.

Mar 13, 2010 1:19 PM

Aug 2008
i fucking loved this anime when i watched it a year ago, sine then i have re watched it like 4 times. tho after the 3rd time watching it i just skipped watched my favorite moments.
May 14, 2012 6:59 AM

Aug 2009
Standart but nice end :)
Dec 13, 2013 3:57 PM

Nov 2011
Very predictable ending and cliched although it was what I expected to be. I'll rate this series a 5/10 with its lack of chemistry although I liked some of the middle moments with the built up.

The ED song is great though.
May 22, 2015 4:45 PM

Jul 2010
Even though some moments felt overly happy for me, it's like everyone is happy in this anime but I still kinda liked the ending so I'm gonna give it a 7/10.
Sep 27, 2016 8:04 AM

May 2016
Despite it wrapping some things up quite nicely, others were really frustratingly unaddressed.

What was Gram's RB, the Vector of Hope, in the end? It was clearly pretty special.
- Resembles Yagami's mech, which it is implied was deployed en masse during the earlier failed Martian rebellion.
- Resembles the Squirt, which is some weird-ass one-off design that Kubernes kept around in his ship full of highly advanced droids (Far more advanced than the droids the Martian Rebellion used) and Naval Witch (An alien species we still know nothing about save that they make biotech submarines which were crewed not automated, and are very militaristic) technology.
- Its onboard AI was programmed to seek out Godstones, which hadn't really been at large on Mars for several hundred years, since well before the Martian Rebellion.
- It isn't designed to function on land, ruling out the idea that it was built prior to the great flood.
- It was in near perfect condition when it found Gram, save for its lack of weaponry, yet rapidly became consumed by martian corals once it became damaged and Godstones were released into the sea.

Add to that a lot of the other unexplained setting shit, like apparently Mars' rebellion happening during an interstellar war, Earth still having local wars, someone found the time to make highly intelligent talking dolphins and cats (and not just one or two since there's some in the pirate havens), there's enough SETTING left over for a sequel, but not enough PLOT left over for one.
Nov 1, 2020 9:41 AM

Feb 2017
Overall, I really liked this show. I enjoyed the premise, and the characters designs were really nice. There was an over-arching story, but they were able to have many stand-alone episodes as well. I'm glad it had a happy ending. Its not great, but it was fun, and the animation was good. I would watch it again.
Oct 16, 2022 3:06 AM
Mar 2022
Pretty good show. The writing of the last two episodes leave a lot to be desired though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mars Daybreak Episode 15 Discussion

Hawksman - Nov 21, 2012

6 by MeanEYE »»
Feb 8, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Mars Daybreak Episode 13 Discussion

Hawksman - Nov 21, 2012

1 by MeanEYE »»
Feb 8, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » Mars Daybreak Episode 11 Discussion

Hawksman - Nov 16, 2012

1 by MeanEYE »»
Feb 8, 2023 6:13 PM

Poll: » Mars Daybreak Episode 7 Discussion

Hawksman - Nov 16, 2012

1 by MeanEYE »»
Feb 8, 2023 4:32 PM

Poll: » Mars Daybreak Episode 12 Discussion

Hawksman - Nov 16, 2012

1 by RRHB »»
Jan 11, 2022 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.