Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 6, 2017 2:27 PM

Sep 2008
This is the purest, most calm, calculated and obedient berserker I have ever seen in any adaptation of anything ever.

Why the fuck is she even called berserker?

She stops mid combat to help allies, listens to orders, doesn't charge into combat in a frenzy or battle with strength first.

These are also the least loyal servants ever.

75% of them are tsundere towards their masters and do whatever the fuck they want.
Then again, what did I expect out of 12 year old kids...silly me.
Aug 6, 2017 2:36 PM

Apr 2012
nina4life said:
This is the purest, most calm, calculated and obedient berserker I have ever seen in any adaptation of anything ever.

She stops mid combat to help allies, listens to orders, doesn't charge into combat in a frenzy or battle with strength first.

These are also the least loyal servants ever.

75% of them are tsundere towards their masters and do whatever the fuck they want.
Then again, what did I expect out of 12 year old kids...silly me.

Servants are by no means in any way supposed to be subservient to the Masters, these are only terminology in terms of who's supplying the mana. Servants are far superior beings more akin to genies in this case. There are three command seals to control them, but otherwise they're free to kill the master any time they want if they don't like them and usually they can do so faster than the master commanding them to commit suicide. The only reason for the servant to obey is if they like the master or also want to win the grail war (not everyone cares), or have their own system of honor since most are after all legendary heroes.

Regarding Berserker, it's true that originally with Fate/Stay Night and early spinoffs like Fate/Zero the class was associated with insane berserk mad warriors charging into the fray with brute strength. However thanks to the multiverse and Fate/Grand Order there are now more rational berserkers than not, and it's more about abnormal mindset. For example, the famous nurse Florence Nightingale is Berserker class because "If it is for the sake of saving lives, there is no problem in losing lives—such excessively pure belief and terrific posture would probably even be evaluated as "madness and horror" at times. Therefore, she was given the Class Berserker."
Aug 6, 2017 7:14 PM

Jun 2008
nina4life said:

Frankestein's Mad Enhancement is only at D Rank, comparing to Heracles who's at B Rank.

But the Skill itself isn't really straightforward as it seems, Lower Ranks are clearly not crazier, but higher ones at EX Rank some will retain speech, but something is simply broken in their minds

Spartacus has EX Rank Mad Enhancement, he doesn't lose basic speech, but he will always makes choices that will be harder for him, a True Masochist, hence why he tried to attack the Black Faction by himself.

It really depends on the servant itself.
kaimaxAug 6, 2017 7:18 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 6, 2017 10:42 PM

Jun 2013
anilandrot said:
ex_necross said:
Rider is a girl. I really don't care if they call her a guy, that is a girl and we all know it's a girl.

Looks like a girl, acts like a girl, sounds like a girl, -- it's a girl.

Hate the "draw a girl, call it a guy" trope.

This is not how traps work. If I have a dick but look like a girl act like a girl and sound like a girl it doesn't make me a girl as long as I have a dong

You can't look like a girl or sound like a girl as a dude though. Sure, in some doctored up photo from a misleading angle you can make anyone look like anything. But meet a "trap" IRL and you will immediately know its a dude.
Aug 10, 2017 3:11 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Looking forward to seeing the engagement with Jack and the opposing teams.
Aug 11, 2017 7:40 AM

Dec 2015
I'm really liking Rider, she's nice.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 19, 2017 9:19 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode. I really love Jeanne D' Arc. That's why she's my current avatar right now!!!

I hope they animate her as Ruler in a future Fate series. Maybe more Grand Order episodes would be nice.

I fucking hate wimp MC's tbh. I have gotten sick and tired of them bitching and always being save all the time and yet still complaining. I just hope he improves in the coming episodes.
Aug 19, 2017 10:12 PM

Aug 2017
SomaHeir said:
Good episode. I really love Jeanne D' Arc. That's why she's my current avatar right now!!!

Your avatar's character isn't Jeanne, but Jeanne halter. Jeanne and Jeanne halter are different characters.

I fucking hate secondaries tbh.

Sep 2, 2017 2:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Sieg, the homunculus, will have a hard way in front of him!!!
Sep 25, 2017 2:23 PM

Jul 2009
Jeanne is a good soul, and she saw that the homunculus will need to fight soon
Oct 6, 2017 11:42 AM

Nov 2011
To save this episode, there is the arrival of the new servant and the explanations that make the actions more understandable. Too bad that there is some action, dialogues at times are a bit too long. The drawings, still show a good quality, lucky!
Dec 29, 2017 1:23 PM

Sep 2010
Sieg's meme was about to write itself "Save the homunculi?" "Life is meaningless." We'll see what happens. I like the designs of the homunculi red eyes and light hair is a nice combo. Sieg looks like Corrin from Fire Emblem Fates so that's amusing. Jeanne reminds me of Rosette from Chrono Crusade except she seems to have superpowers. Also I seem to keep catching the extra part after the animation which makes me think there are time shenanigans going on what with the first episode's Mordred vs Siegfried battle and now Shirou saying:
Dec 31, 2017 6:18 PM

Sep 2010
At this point I really don't know where the remaining 20 episodes of story will go to but if I can have a wish of my own then please, I want to see as little as possible of Seig. Homonculus with no backstory and well no character or personality at all. I don't blame him for being like this after all he is no different than a baby in a teenager body and when through no development at all but truly... I really can't see someone like that becoming an interesting MC and having interesting story going around him so please... don't be MC and don't appear too much.
Jun 22, 2019 8:06 AM

Dec 2018
Sieg: I don't have anything to give

You realized you're holding a sword right ?
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 6, 2019 7:26 AM

Apr 2013
So we have a dude again who wants to collect them command spells, huh? That didn't work in previous Fate shows either haha
Aug 23, 2019 12:29 AM

Mar 2018
frenze12 said:
Anon1566 said:

"But the Counter Force empowering specific individuals is not ever explained that way. Especially in Apocrypha."

Except that Jean literally became a heroic spirit by being aided/buffed by the counterforce in live. She is pretty much the poster girl, and every magus seemed to know it in any other works.

How else do you think a mere farmer girl ended a bloody hundred year war in merely 2 years?

How else? The same way she did in the real world, maybe? :D

On another note: I don't understand why people hate this. So far I like it better than any other Fate shows I've watched.
Sep 19, 2019 1:33 AM

Dec 2012
Dat dragon.
Astolfo got rock cuffed.
Dat hand stab.
His name is... Sieg.
Green haired woma has nice oppai.
She possessed a french girl named Leticia.
Jack the Ripper?
Dat letter.
She lied.
Taking their command spells?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 28, 2020 9:13 PM

Feb 2018
Ruler is so badass.
Feb 26, 2021 9:09 PM

Oct 2012
SweetieSquad said:
So many animated shortcomings this episode, so many shortcuts taken.
Very obscene to see these from a modern FATE series or anything TYPE-MOON based...
The plot is an absolute mess right now too..
Hopefully gets better.

Pretty much this. Felt like I was watching a f.cking slideshow, and the MC is literally a slice of plain bread...
Nov 17, 2023 12:49 AM
Jul 2023
Seig and Ruler's relationship
- Aw, Astolfo is being punished :/
- Looks like Seig is destined to die
- Jack the ripper is on their way! They killed their own master it looks like
- Sieg is now living with an old man
Dec 1, 2023 6:56 PM

Nov 2023
Jeanne is so pretty holy cow
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.