Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 12, 2019 6:31 PM

Oct 2015
I will say it again, that was very stupid of Teshima to wait for Manami when he broke the bike chain, tea time my ass! It proves he really is a boy scout and certainly wasn't hungry enough for the victory. I get it he was trying for that sportsmanship thingy, but you the captain and everyone relies on you to take them to victory. There was no way he was going to beat Manami one on one, the guy is really out of his league. Instead he became conceited and thought he would just wind it, no wonder Manami flattered him so much, he knew that victory was handed to him. I was really angry by his good gesture, and also disappointed that Onoda wasn't able to compete for the climb. After all he did promise to compete with Manami, until that wall of cyclists incident. I guess Sohoku has lost two competitions now, the sprinter that was lost by Kaburagi to Hakone's Doubashi and now the mountain climb that was lost by Teshima. Let's hope the second day will bring prosperity for them, since their senpais are gathering to support them. Makishima even took a flight for them, and it was great to see Jin and Kinjou too. Kyoto was really quiet in this inter high, with the exception of that minor incident with Onoda and Midousuji, they didn't really make that much impact.

Overall this wasn't that great of a season, but it was worthwhile. The animation diminished, the plot sort of wasn't that epic like the last two seasons. But we got new characters, that were well developed by the way. This show just knows how to create tri-dimensional characters, and I'm really impressed by that. Even characters we hardly care about, get the chance to shine in a great light. This season was also too touchy feely if I may say the words, but oh well! I just hope the next season will be very inspirational and see Onoda shine again, I want him to prove to those that doubt his last victory. I also want to Kyoto come into the party and give a better competition, because at this point it's a duel between Sohoku and Hakone.

8/10.
lihle808Oct 12, 2019 6:35 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 2, 2020 10:06 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Everything except the Interhigh was a drag to watch in this season. 6/10
cchiguNov 2, 2020 10:10 PM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 4, 2021 2:07 PM
Oct 2010
I have a bitter feeling. Teshima acted manly and worthily, but hey, Hakone (and Manami in particular) would never wait for you if you broke your chain. They proved it the year before, when Imaizumi had problems with his bike.
It was Teshima's lucky chance he was asking for, he stayed a man, but lost his opportunity. In the situation his team was, like, hoping and believing in their captain, it was kinda stupid.
Jul 28, 2021 10:18 AM

Jul 2015
Foolish and too nice of Teshima to let such a chance go but at least a fair and close battle.
Not a big fan of the new characters, lowered stakes as winning the Inter-High has already been reached last season and no new threat (team or problem) introduced, this season felt in my opinion weaker. Still good season with Sugimoto improving, Naruko vs Midousuji match and more focus on ordinary guy Teshima.

Dec 29, 2021 10:23 AM

Jan 2019
Hakone this year is so trash. Fuku-chan wasn't the nicest rival out there but he'd never insult another biker like how Izumida has been doing all this time towards Teshima. Even all those extras that let Onoda pass them before show more sportsmanship than current Hakone.

Waiting for Manami wasn't the smartest move from Teshima but I respect him anyway. Hakone wouldn't have waited for Sohoku and that shows which team cares about racing and which team only cares about winning.
Nov 4, 2022 11:36 AM
Apr 2021
Me encanto volver a ver a los veteranos
Nov 7, 2022 12:28 AM
Mar 2022
Why should teshima wait for Manami luck is also important, and so preparation. It is manami's fault for not checking his bike carefully
Dec 3, 2022 7:33 PM

Oct 2015
No one would've blamed Junta for not waiting. If I were him, even if I noticed or realized that my opponent stopped for some reason, I would do everything I can to stop my body from turning around. Cause looking behind would let me see... and I'd stop, too. So don't turn around. The goal is right in front. Who in their right mind would stop? But I guess, Teshima and I have some things in common. I wouldn't wanna win because of some luck, either. We're both ordinary people who just want everyone to be equal. :')

Teshima Junta is a character I respect with all my being in this show. I admire him and he inspires me. He lights this fire in me. I'm truly happy that he got to shine in the last episode of this season.

ALSO MAKISHIMA UGHHH MY SPIDER MAN IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO SEE YOU!!!
RedfoxAkameDec 3, 2022 7:38 PM
   HuaLian <3
Feb 6, 2023 3:32 PM
Dec 2022
Junta you are the best! The most beautiful! OMG, I didn't expected a lot of characters from here would be so important in my life while watching it, I honestly didn't expected to love so much Junta and Aoyagi. That was a beautiful race.
Also Maki-chan is coming back! Yeiiii, I can't be happier.
Let's go Sohoku! But be careful, because Midousuji is getting ready to go 4 U guys.
This season was wild, it was intense and so emotional, or maybe it is just me XD. However, I can't wait to see the next days of the Inter-high and ofc how the first day ends! Sooooooo excited~
Apr 22, 2023 11:47 PM

Dec 2012
Seeing my favorite Hakone rider vs this season's MVP duke it out for the mountain checkpoint is definitely my highlight for S3. Teshima waiting reminded me of a stage in last year's Tour de France where the reigning champion slid out on a downhill and his rival waited for him to recover before continuing their decisive final battle for #1. It's so great to see how it really happens and it makes me respect Teshima's sportsmanship even more. In contrast to Kinjou's power as last year's ace, it's Teshima's explosive determination that's driving Sohoku to the next level.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2017

26 by nightjasmine »»
May 5, 10:25 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2017

34 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 2, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2017

48 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 2, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2017

39 by sophiaer »»
Jul 31, 2023 11:25 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2017

24 by Ar1Bu »»
Feb 5, 2023 8:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.