Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 18, 2017 4:48 PM
Jan 2013
Does this show take place in the same timeline as Robotics;notes and Steins;Gate??
Jan 18, 2017 7:12 PM

Oct 2015
It takes place on the Steins Gate Worldline if that is what you are asking. I'm pretty sure all the main series takes place on said worldline.
Jan 20, 2017 2:18 AM
Jan 2013
I see thank you for info :)
Feb 7, 2017 10:17 PM
Apr 2009
Kujoe_Dirte said:
It takes place on the Steins Gate Worldline if that is what you are asking. I'm pretty sure all the main series takes place on said worldline.
yes, all the semicolon series are on the same true timeline. Even in the VNs, they all make references to events from the series (VN) that came before them. I know Steins;Gate's VN, at least made references to the New-Gen Murders from Chaos;Head, for example.
Feb 7, 2017 11:07 PM

Nov 2015
ragnawind said:
Kujoe_Dirte said:
yes, all the semicolon series are on the same true timeline. Even in the VNs, they all make references to events from the series (VN) that came before them. I know Steins;Gate's VN, at least made references to the New-Gen Murders from Chaos;Head, for example.

how about di-swords and d-mail
The stein gate plot is just a rehash of chaos head. A dude gains a power and has to stop a big evil company.
Feb 8, 2017 9:49 AM

Oct 2015
perje said:
ragnawind said:

how about di-swords and d-mail
The stein gate plot is just a rehash of chaos head. A dude gains a power and has to stop a big evil company.

I mean the whole series has a formula to it...

Chaos;Head - Paranoid MC discovers a delusional conspiracy set to end the world in a dystopia
Steins;Gate - Childish MC discovers a time travel conspiracy set to end the world in a dystopia
Robotics;Notes - Apathetic MC discovers an A.R./ROBOTS conspiracy set to end the world in a dystopia
Chaos;Child - Insecure MC discovers a delusional conspiracy set to end the world in a NEW WORLD ORDER

They also all have some kind of power which plays into the plot in some way...
Feb 8, 2017 9:50 AM

Feb 2016
Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes and Chaos;Child are settled in the Steins;Gate worldline.
Chaos;Head is settled in the beta worldline before Okabe sends the first D-mail.

All "Big Evil" companies in these 3 series are connected and ruled indirectly by the "Committee of 300" who want to control the world in a dystopia, with opposing main characters having special powers. It is possible we could see some new series in the future that connects everything together in a final battle against them. Currently, these series are only vaguely linked with some minor connections between the characters which happen in the future of Steins;Gate worldline where they form a resistance.

Occultic;Nine, and the upcomming Anonymous;Code, are in another universe and are not linked to the others (at least not officially, there are some speculations though).
AquamirrorFeb 8, 2017 9:54 AM
Feb 8, 2017 9:54 AM

Jan 2017
Chaos;Head happens in Shibuya and the events happen one year before Steins;Gate
Steins;Gate happens in Akihabara
chaos child happen 6 years after chaos head and happens in Shibuya(5 years after steins gate)
Robotic;Notes happens in Tanegashima Island and the events happen nine years after Steins;Gate
Jun 30, 2021 8:23 AM
Dec 2017
yeah it takes place after it in terms of timeline.

Jul 4, 2021 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
yes, it takes place in the Steins;Gate timeline in the year of 2015
Sep 13, 2021 10:52 AM
Dec 2016
It goes like that:

Beta worldline:
Chaos;Head (2009) (events occur in other timelines as well though)
Steins;Gate (ep 1 and 23-24) (2010)
Steins;Gate 0 (2010-2011)

Alpha worldline:
Chaos;Head (2009)
Steins;Gate (ep 2-22) (2010)

Steins;Gate worldline:
Chaos;Head (2009)
Steins;Gate ep 24 (2010)
Steins;Gate ova (2010)
Steins;Gate movie (2011)
Chaos;Child (2015)
Robotic;Notes (2019)
Robotic;Notes DASH (2020)

Science Visual Novel universe (where everything didn't happen and both Steins;Gate and Chaos series are just mere fiction like in our world):
Occultic;Nine (2016)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2021 3:07 PM

May 2016
Ryuu_Mayo said:
It goes like that:

Beta worldline:

Alpha worldline:
Chaos;Head (2009)

Steins;Gate worldline:
Chaos;Head (2009)
Steins;Gate ep 24 (2010)
Steins;Gate ova (2010)
Steins;Gate movie (2011)
Chaos;Child (2015)
Robotic;Notes (2019)

Science Visual Novel universe (where everything didn't happen and both Steins;Gate and Chaos series are just mere fiction like in our world):
Occultic;Nine (2016)

Fixed it ;)

S;G movie and OVA aren't canon and they are ignored by every SciADV material in existence (thank godness)

The concept of SVN was abandoned. Both Occultic;Nine and Anonymous;Code will be part of the Science Adventure series, if they will be finished (O;N isn't finished, A;C is not out yet). Though they are taking place in a different world-layer than the rest of the series (a concept which will be introduced and explained in Anonymous;Code). This story will revolve around world simulations, so very likely the rest of the series are just simulations in A;C's world layer (it was hinted a long time ago in all entries that there is a chance that they are taking place in a simulation... just remember the Alpacaman scene from S;G)

Also I suggest everyone to read the VNs, and never watch the Chaos and Robotics anime, since they are horrendously bad adaptations.
-
Sep 13, 2021 3:51 PM
Dec 2016
SciADV_Maniac said:
Ryuu_Mayo said:
It goes like that:

Beta worldline:

Alpha worldline:
Chaos;Head (2009)

Steins;Gate worldline:
Chaos;Head (2009)
Steins;Gate ep 24 (2010)
Steins;Gate ova (2010)
Steins;Gate movie (2011)
Chaos;Child (2015)
Robotic;Notes (2019)

Occultic;Nine (2016)

Fixed it ;)

S;G movie and OVA aren't canon and they are ignored by every SciADV material in existence (thank godness)

The concept of SVN was abandoned. Both Occultic;Nine and Anonymous;Code will be part of the Science Adventure series, if they will be finished (O;N isn't finished, A;C is not out yet). Though they are taking place in a different world-layer than the rest of the series (a concept which will be introduced and explained in Anonymous;Code). This story will revolve around world simulations, so very likely the rest of the series are just simulations in A;C's world layer (it was hinted a long time ago in all entries that there is a chance that they are taking place in a simulation... just remember the Alpacaman scene from S;G)

Also I suggest everyone to read the VNs, and never watch the Chaos and Robotics anime, since they are horrendously bad adaptations.

Steins;Gate ova wasn't that terrible tbh
But yeah, movie neglected some time travel rules set in the series and felt like a cash grab

Chaos adaptations are mediocre can agree

Chaos;Head is 30+ hour VN so madhouse didn't fuck up this completely (everything made sense to me after watching both anime, then c;c ep 0. Characters were likable to me and got enough screen time in my opinion), though I know about the filler and things they've changed for no reason

Chaos;Child on the other hand feels empty without playing VN (I only finished the common route at the moment), studio tried their best but it's impossible to cramp 60+ VN into 12 eps. A lot of things (important or not were skipped), especially Takuru's monologues, that thing hurts me a lot since I really like his character after playing VN

I'm hyped for A;C, I hope at least this will get some proper adaptation

About Occultic;Nine, situation is really weird with this one, both anime and LN are set in different universe and VN is pretty bad, there are no sights that it will be finished as well so I count that as a being in a different world/universe
Ngl I prefer O;N that way
Ryuu_MayoSep 13, 2021 3:55 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2023 4:53 AM
May 2019
Aquamirror said:
Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes and Chaos;Child are settled in the Steins;Gate worldline.
Chaos;Head is settled in the beta worldline before Okabe sends the first D-mail.

All "Big Evil" companies in these 3 series are connected and ruled indirectly by the "Committee of 300" who want to control the world in a dystopia, with opposing main characters having special powers. It is possible we could see some new series in the future that connects everything together in a final battle against them. Currently, these series are only vaguely linked with some minor connections between the characters which happen in the future of Steins;Gate worldline where they form a resistance.

Occultic;Nine, and the upcomming Anonymous;Code, are in another universe and are not linked to the others (at least not officially, there are some speculations though).

I thought Anonymous;Code was a part of the SciAdv universe though
Jun 19, 2023 8:27 AM

May 2016
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:
Aquamirror said:

I thought Anonymous;Code was a part of the SciAdv universe though

And you are right, it is. Just like O;N
-

More topics from this board

» The Dubbed Version

PersonaTexas - Jan 17, 2016

3 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
May 14, 2023 4:54 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;Child Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2017

88 by MilesCampbell »»
Apr 3, 2023 1:14 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;Child Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2017

45 by MilesCampbell »»
Nov 18, 2022 9:04 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;Child Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2017

58 by Dogstideta »»
Oct 8, 2022 7:56 PM

» CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THE VN IS BETTER?

Takamura-sama - Jan 26, 2017

10 by Platypus900 »»
Aug 4, 2022 2:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.