Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 28, 2017 5:23 PM

Aug 2015
Pretty useless OVA honestly. It's great we got more DR3 content but this was just mediocre.
Jan 30, 2017 7:06 PM

Sep 2008
are they really trying to imply that komaeda actually had a really close liking to sonia, souda and kuzuryuu?? or is it because they were the remaining survivors who took care of him after?? lmao idk! hinata said it reflected his own desires too? why am i even trying to think about this omg.

the return of the junko hand tho and idk why i got excited to see leon's baseball. i mean at least i always imagined something like this would have happened after the survivors got left in the island. so it's was nice to get something i actually theorized back into my timeline.
Feb 4, 2017 7:22 AM

Sep 2013
I didn't read the Synopsis until just a moment ago so I had no idea what to expect. Luckily I didn't because if I had read the synopsis, I'd knew exactly what was going to happen in this OVA, which would ruin the episode for me.

So we finally get to see how the Remnants of Despairs return from their comas. This was all done through individual attempts at the Neo World Program. It provided better results this time around due to AI Junko not interfering and Izuru wanting to see the battle between Hope vs Despair.

4/5- This tied up a tiny plot hole of how the Remnants woke up from their comatose states after the events of DR2. When they all returned in the Hope episode, I was a bit disappointed not knowing how they came back so we all assumed they simply woke up. So it was nice to tie up loose ends with this episode on how they went back to normal.

Like I said before, I was glad that I didn't read the synopsis before watching this. I sat through out the entire episode waiting to see sweet little Chiaki again. Then when everything was revealed, I understood exactly why she isn't there.

Then I was thrown into despair again after being reminded both real Chiaki and AI Chiaki is dead.

Feb 22, 2017 3:55 AM

Mar 2014
Not enough Komahina fanservice

But we still got Komahina fanservice

Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 9, 2017 12:16 PM

Sep 2015
Eh I thought it was worth the watch. It was confusing as hell until the very end. Like oh you were just explaining the deus ex machina of how the D2 cast got revived in the Hope Arc. Why didn't you just say so? But even before I understood I still thought it was a pretty fun OVA. I kind of like for whatever reason, that this and the Hope Arc both had scenes to drive home that Saonji and Mikan are friends now. Pretty OK with that. I also thought it was interesting the ways this simulation Nagito differed from the original. They seemed similar on the surface, but as real Nagito says at the end "that's just not him." I wonder if this is really and truly the last anime we'll get expanding on D1 and 2. Now that V3s out in Japan they're probably moving on. End of an era.
Apr 9, 2017 2:39 AM
Apr 2017
Now everything is have become in chronological order where they have ties between before and after the first two Danganronpa games. :) Is it? :|
Apr 12, 2017 12:46 AM

Aug 2015
Whoahoho said:
WTF is this shit?????
A type of shit that is far far far better than entire Danganronpa 3 anime in term of faithfulness to its own characters, lore and, well, everything.

Was confused when seeing short hair Izuru and Sodia died, but everything come to piece when seeing Izuru the second time.

Well despair casts best casts.

As for the episode itself, well, nothing special, it's a fun episode but not necessary though, yet I still feel happy that we have this, watching this made me felt refresh after the bad taste from DR3 anime.
Apr 26, 2017 10:17 AM

Feb 2015
- Nice fan service, the warriors of hope, trio from DR Zero (not sure why they are in Nagito's mind but wth), Gekko and... THE REAL USAMI... that's really interesting, I never actually thought she was a real person.

- Watching this before Hope Arc. Not sure what's going on, I'm pretty sure Junko said they would die if they died in the Neo World program... it might be explained in Hope Arc or it was just another one of her despair-inducing schemes, if that's the case, nevermind!

The OVA in general is okay, don't like Nagito and still don't, same cannot be said for DR1 but I'm glad the cast of DR2 are alive and well.
iDensityApr 26, 2017 10:28 AM
Apr 30, 2017 1:54 AM

May 2016
The release orders for this series is messed up as usual but I liked it anyway. Gosh, I missed Mikan's klutzy situations and her apologetic lisp ♡

It's nice to see that many characters from the games appeared in this as cameos, even the ones that wasn't present in the anime adaptations~

No matter how much his luck rises or descends, Komaeda is still a creepy Hope Extremist. I'm glad that the whole Despair class managed to wake up from their Neo-World comas. Seeing Sonia with a bazooka was surprisingly hilarious xD It needs more Junko tho.

Sep 30, 2017 2:20 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
MORE DANGANRONPA !!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH So this was the part of the story how Hinata released everyone from Remnant of Despair with the help of Naegi.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Nov 6, 2017 4:16 PM

Jan 2010
watching this finally made since of what happened in the hope arc special
Nov 26, 2017 4:18 PM

Oct 2015
That was disappointing for me, anyway it had 25 min so I cant expect much. They were trying so badly to make it interesting so its a 5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 9, 2018 5:45 PM

Dec 2012

Great OVA. Happy to see Mikan and Chisa again. Finally got to see Ryouko animated. lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 10, 2019 9:16 PM

Sep 2011
This OVA really surprised me. It was nice to see more of Nagito, I really like him, he is a interesting character. His friendship with Fuyuhiko and Kazuichi was really nice to see. Also, it was funny to see Nagito being unlucky. Poor guy, lucky or unlucky, things always goes wrong with him.
Mar 21, 2019 9:36 AM

Jun 2017
Finished the Danganronpa 2.5 OVA

-so from the beginning i noticed some weird touches,such as naegi being cool and Nagito's comment about him attending a "regular school", then i was like "so this takes place before the anime because Byakuya V2 is with ryota. wait,WTH?? How is Leon here too?? 0_o",then things reached the epitomy of weirdness with Nagito claiming that talent is a shackle. at first i thought he was lying for Soda's sake,but when he kept saying it after soda left i was so bloody confused lol. then when red eyed izuru appeared i simply gave up trying to analyze anything and went along with the weird ride because i figured out that it has to be a dream or a VR thing or something like that XD.

-that being said,there a few things from the dream stuff i wanna comment on
--who is that guy with the weird and long ass tongue? a DRV3 character?
--Sonia using an RPG was legit hilarious XD
--Didnt get why Nagito shot himself. did he want to do himself in to not give Izuru the satisfaction of killing him?

-back in the real world,each eye of hinata is a different color. i presume this is supposed to signify how he is both izuru and hajime,but doesnt that contradict the ending of DR2? i seem to recall that we saw his eyes at the end of it and both were blue. am i recalling it wrong?

-also,when hinata helps nagito stand we see junko's hand,but when nagito is riding the ship we see something that looks like a mechanical arm instead. did nagito remove junko's arm and replace it with that?

-where did the ship come from? pretty certain no ships were left on the island at the end of DR2. also,how did it manage to escape all the attacking ships?
Aug 14, 2019 2:35 PM

Jul 2016
Did anyone get that Evangelion reference?
Oct 28, 2019 9:02 PM

Jun 2019
Um... what the fuck am I watching? That was my reaction for this whole episode. I guess they explained it at the end, or whatever.

This was really confusing, so that must make it the most Danganronpa-like episode of this anime!

Peko and Fuyohiko are such a good pairing, I wish we could've had the opportunity to see more of them.

Yes! We finally get to see Sonia bust out the big guns! That was hinted at in Danganronpa 2, but we never actually got to see her skills in action.

Overall I don't really have much to say about this OVA. It exists, and it's decent. Just like the rest of the Danganronpa anime series.
Nov 10, 2019 10:39 AM

Sep 2019
Nagai is the only character I've liked through the whole anime.
It was a good 22 min watch.
Jul 12, 2020 12:24 AM

Oct 2013
MaahHeim said:
This was way more easier to swallow than the entire DR3. Seriously. Real Komaeda is the best Komaeda. KomaHina for life, also. THEY TOUCHED HANDS TWICE. PLUS WHE KOMAEDA WAS LIKE "I'M JUST UNLUCKY" AND HINATA WAS LIKE "HMMM" AND SMILING BECAUSE HE KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW~~~~~
Srsly, for me this is the thing I wanted for DR. My babes all alive and well and without the mess that was DR3. This at least doesn't fuck with the rest of the story so far. Yeah. This is the cannon ending for me, and the rest is being ignored as cannon. Thank you.

Exactly my whole feelings to the OVA.
also komahina canon
Jul 30, 2020 12:45 AM

May 2020
All make a sense now. This guy is the main character. Next watch Mirai then Kibou. This guy is still mysterious. Komaeda meet with the guy who destroying the world and in the end he was alter-ego. It can be lucky or not when Komaeda fall and land on Mikan pantsu lel.
Nov 30, 2020 6:49 PM

Aug 2020
I was so confused when Kazuichi died just to find out it wasn't real.. That made me feel a lot better.

Also Hajime/Izuru getting Nagito out of his cell-thing was so adorable.

Jan 4, 2021 7:26 AM

Aug 2020
Oh yes, an episode dedicated to hope boy - 10/10 and adding to the top of my favourites list.

They did an amazing job of this, considering they only had 25 minutes.
Jul 5, 2021 9:23 AM
Jun 2021
I loved when Nagito got hit by a fucking car. I don’t know, it’s funny.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Dangaronpa 4

TwoSideWarScythe - Dec 9, 2021

9 by Epiccgaymer »»
Dec 11, 2021 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.