Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 10, 2017 6:16 PM
Mar 2015
Okay, a part of me doubts this theory, but I have some points that make it seem pretty convincing. At first I made up this theory as a joke, but then it actually started to make sense. Here are the points I came up with:

1. Same color eyes/hair
2. Only Kyon's mom comes up (When Kyon's sister calls out to their mom in Disappearance)/Only Haruhi's dad comes up. (When she talks about the baseball game she went to as a kid)
3. They are the same age, so they would have to be twins. This would explain why they look alike.
4. In the show, sometimes when Kyon is talking to himself in his head Haruhi answers him as if she knows what he said. This could be some type of twin connection thing. (If they aren't related then this is probably just a joke in the series)
5. To explain Kyon's sister, Kyon's mom could have gotten remarried and then had a kid with that guy.
6. Reason why they don't know they're related: Their parents decided to separate when Haruhi and Kyon were young, so they each took a kid and then decided to not tell Haruhi and Kyon about each other.

I know this is a bit of a stretch, but it actually kind of makes sense. If you have any contradictory or supportive points then please comment them and tell me what you think of this theory.
Jan 11, 2017 3:51 AM

May 2013
Wow and I thought I was the only person who loved to come up with Haruhi theories this long after the anime but this made me pleased. And it is a very interesting theory too, and I would love this to happen.

My only comment is that Kyon has referred to a dad before but I don't know if it was jokingly for not. The first time is in episode 3 or 4 when
but that might have been referred to for the joke. The other time is in the novels when
from that I can assume he has a father or at least knew him at a stage. But you can never know.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

StabbyPWNS - Jun 30, 2008

175 by patkarunungan »»
Jun 3, 12:35 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Scribbly - Jul 26, 2008

102 by Rahul_101 »»
May 22, 10:26 PM

» "chronological order" and my utter disgust for it

Tsuna-Ryu - Apr 15

35 by YukariKatsuragi »»
Apr 16, 11:49 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 23, 2008

87 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:50 PM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

abhin4v - Mar 2, 2008

93 by S4dnu »»
Apr 11, 5:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.