Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 15, 2017 3:03 AM

May 2016
I think i need to watch movie and OVA to understand whats is happaning.
Jan 15, 2017 5:39 AM

Nov 2011
Stark700 said:
GangsterCat said:
so.... should i just watch anime/movie version?

If you want better visual quality, yes. Personally, I think the movie has better quality.

Starting from this statement, and not only that, I've done wrong in the first look this TV series. Anyway, I really found a wrong choice, to begin the narrative, starting with an environment that you do not know the facts before, and most importantly, showing all the characters already cast. I would have preferred, given my taste, to advance little by little knowledge of them, just not to ruin the surprise now, what a pity! Drawings and animations, not lofty, is unfortunate, since the props designs and costumes designs are really beautiful. Oh well!
Jan 16, 2017 3:53 AM

Sep 2007
When you speak about the movies ...
It's the shorts movies ?
Or the only one ?
Anyways, it's was not bad.
Jan 16, 2017 12:24 PM
Mar 2012
Finally adults, not HS kids, with powers.
Designs are quite detailed, lots of typical gameish style. Reference to Basara (lol that crowd shockwave), girl Robinhood, Aram Assassins Creed.
that 4 elements team seems cool, fire guy like Bakugo (BHA).
I sense 1 best boi, 2 best grills already.
Story seems quite typical & simple, nothing confusing. Main question is why they chose apparently new kid as captain? And did they have a smarter plan?
This multi race LOTR world seems interesting.
Jan 17, 2017 9:01 PM

Nov 2013
That was quite good.

Interesting world, interesting races, interesting characters. Not too fond of Aram yet though.

Also I don't get, why some complain about the start of the story. I have no problem to understand what's going on. Would have been nice to see what happened before, but it's not necessary.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 18, 2017 6:54 PM

Oct 2008
Action fight scenes were cool but there's a lot of CG camera movements.
so this is based again from a mobile game huh...
nano OP was awesome as always!
4/5.

Jan 20, 2017 10:40 AM

May 2015
alpha_shadow said:
And dropped it 10 minutes in. I guess there really aren't any other good mobile game adaptations besides Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis after all... Right off the bat, this starts off with a bunch of fights and switches around the POV like crazy, nothing actually making any sense and the fights aren't even that great. Then the MC, I guess? Fails to beat the dark king or whatever and the dark king rips up a book his daughter is holding and then all of the evil in the world gets released....... Then the retarded logic kicks in, they question why they used a rookie and a bunch of rookies to defeat the demon king, one of the most powerful entities in this world, because of some retarded logic. This is so dumb.

Dropped/10

Dropping something in 10 minutes is fucking stupid. I hope you realize that your opinion is completely invalid.

Jan 21, 2017 8:29 AM

Oct 2015
isn't this exactly the movie part 1?

Don't actually like the Yuri guy... seems pretty unstable to me.
I got so angry when these farmers threw dirt at them.. boi you can't always rely on others, if you want your life to be better do something for god's sake.
Aram is 1000/10 the kind of characters I grow fond of, please do not let him die ;-;
yonaaofthedawnJan 21, 2017 8:45 AM
Jan 22, 2017 12:24 PM

Feb 2013
I am so glad that the opening sequence was not the END of the anime. I was surprised the little fairy's neck got snapped... There is some hope for this one (though I'm not sure how much, it was average-ish).

That first-person sword-draw was pretty cool.
Jan 28, 2017 5:37 PM

Feb 2014
What the actual fuck is this? 2 minutes and I can't watch any further. Everything is so retarded. Main character just cant be more generic and the shit he is speaking like "I never give up" is so cringy, holy shit this is so awful I want to puch my screen.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jan 31, 2017 6:06 AM
Jan 2017
Aram is not suitable for main character that reason this is bad anime
Mar 9, 2017 11:07 AM

Jul 2009
Another weak MC...
Mar 17, 2017 5:42 PM

Dec 2012
Quite a way to start with the heroes suffering a devastating defeat in that cliche "final showdown" scenario. Really loving the style and the OP & ED are great. That moment when Yuri charged into battle in first person was exhilarating. This was the first show to catch my eye this season, but perhaps I've landed my hidden gem for the winter.
Apr 2, 2017 4:52 AM
Nov 2014
Except for the fight scenes, this episode was boring af.
May 9, 2017 6:16 AM

Mar 2015
This seems to have started in the middle of the story? All I could find were the 8 mini-episodic OVAs that weren't as much a prelude as they were just shedding light on this universe.

Ah well, I'll just watch it assuming it was meant to begin like this. Looks good enough so far.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 24, 2018 2:38 AM

Dec 2012
Dat oppai.
Her name is Eirenus.
Yuri got beat. That "the light is our future" cliche ain't save you this time.
He said the name of the series. Roll credits!
Her father?
Dat slap.
Dat light.
The book is in half?
Pirika... is gone?
Mishidia oppai. Marina oppai.
Yuri is sleeping.
Phoena oppai.
Marina oppai.
Yuri is awake.
Mishidia and Marina oppai.
How you just push the baba down like that?
Thank you for kicking his ass.
He just AssCreed up that building.
Mud in the face.
Dat tag team.
His name is Aram.

Good start. Lovely oppai's all around. Nano with another great song, but I prefer Paraiso when compared.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 3, 2019 1:45 PM
Jan 2017
alphazero4um said:
The way how it started out must be really confusing for a lot of people. Those who played the game would know what exactly happened. The way how it started out for me was not too bad. Although very confusing. Eventually I hope everything will make sense on how the story will go when the series continues.

Same here. it looked like they started outwith fighting the final boss and loosing, which is great for a video game, but not so much for an anime. I'm hoping it turns around by episode 3
Aug 30, 2020 4:56 AM
Aug 2020
Really liked this 1st episode,good animation(even though cgi was sometimes mehhh,but the concepts of some animations are really awesome),a lot of characters with good design,even the music was great.

The scene with the farmer crying was really good,well executed bravo best scene in this episode.

Cgi didn't hurt a lot because it was dark knights moving,but when aram went full cgi he was like a demon monkey child(awful)
I also liked the 1st person view at the end of first episode.
Great overall i'm going to follow this up.
Aug 9, 2022 12:22 AM
Jan 2022
stupid, cliche, and i could make neither heads nor tails of what was happening, as well as it is stupid, oh i might have said that already
Aug 31, 2022 9:02 AM

Mar 2013
This is legitimately good and decent.

Thanks Muse Asia for providing the series in their Channel.

P.S. This can be a good one when I compare this to Tales of Zestiria. Unfortunately, they skipped the story of how this came to be or how they got to the final part of trying to defeat the Black King (note: I skipped the movies and OVAs after watching the 1st ep, 😅).
CrazyButNot4UAug 31, 2022 9:12 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

32 by SamYG_ »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

38 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 20, 2022 2:04 AM

Poll: » Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2017

17 by Rob »»
Mar 29, 2018 11:13 PM

Poll: » Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2017

14 by Rob »»
Mar 29, 2018 2:42 AM

Poll: » Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2017

21 by Rob »»
Mar 29, 2018 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.