Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2016 10:12 AM

Jan 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Looks like Nemesis is interested in making the Harem Plan a success

Nov 30, 2016 4:54 PM

Aug 2013
It seems like Neme-chan is going to run for Class President, that would make things interesting and also go out of control.

RitoxRiko, that censoring tho.
Dec 1, 2016 10:37 AM

Nov 2011
Is the world ready for Nemesis as the Class President?!

When it comes to trolling, I guess no one is safe from her though. Not Rito, Momo, NO ONE.
Dec 1, 2016 6:51 PM

Dec 2013
I never imagined Rito would ever get a taste of his own medicine like that.

Nemesis is pushing the harem plan!
Dec 2, 2016 10:14 AM

Oct 2013
Need to start considering removing Nemesis as my second favourite girl of the series now because of all this
Such a shame considering I quite liked her character
Dec 4, 2016 11:57 AM

Jan 2016
That was... unexpected xD Rito x Riko LOL

So... Nemesis has planned further than Momo about the Harem Plan. Things are going to be crazier from now on, I'm sure!
THANKS SENPIEX
Dec 4, 2016 2:46 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Not sure whether to chuckle or fistpump but either way that was great lol. Nemesis with the coup d'etat of the harem plan

Also that was a rather extreme case of tasting your own medicine if I ever saw it
Dec 4, 2016 2:54 PM

May 2012
Welp, pretty much a kind of selfcest, huh? LOL

Way to go Nemesis, forward with the harem plan!

Dec 4, 2016 5:32 PM
Jul 2012
Good job Nemesis but I like how Rito got what he deserved.
Dec 4, 2016 5:33 PM

Jul 2010
Gender bender and selfcest...sometimes I wonder if I read a doujin.
Dec 4, 2016 6:12 PM

Jan 2016
Love where this is going...
Dec 4, 2016 6:25 PM

Jan 2011
Some nice call backs there.
Dec 4, 2016 9:40 PM

Jul 2009
Nemesis is definitely best girl lately, so great
Dec 5, 2016 3:30 AM

Apr 2011
Nemesis in a school uniform uhe uhe uhe
Dec 5, 2016 9:44 AM
Sep 2016
harem plan at full throttle! The school setting is a chance to put Kotegawa in the spotlight and maybe plant the seed (probably in literal sense if Momo is involved) for her confession.
Dec 5, 2016 10:52 AM

May 2010
Selfcest is bestcest.
Dec 5, 2016 6:34 PM

Sep 2011
The harem plan is actually progressing? Wasn't expecting that but it's about time.

All hail Nemesis!
All hail harem!
All hail selfcest!

I'm getting hyped but I wonder it the manga is getting close to the ending since things are actually progressing for once.
Dec 5, 2016 10:00 PM
Aug 2012
Nemesis just went from 6 to 2 on my favourite character list. Just got me cracking up.
Dec 6, 2016 2:53 AM

Apr 2014
Ku ku ku, this was really interesting. Now I wonder what mischievous chaos will Nemesis make in the next chapter. :3
Dec 6, 2016 3:57 AM

Dec 2011
Every chapter with Nemesis is gold.I can't wait to see what she had plans xD
Rito x Riko that's a pure hentai.
Dec 6, 2016 3:37 PM

Jan 2016
Rito x Rito is as much of a hentai as it gets, can't wait for nemesis.

Dec 6, 2016 9:38 PM
Jul 2018
This manga just keeps getting better and better each chapter. Nemesis is one of the best things to have happened to this series.
Dec 7, 2016 4:19 PM

Jul 2010
Wow.. we might really be getting a more forward Rito now. The whole take responsibility for what you did to those girls... was perfect.
Dec 8, 2016 5:50 AM

Jun 2008
I love Nemesis as much as the next guy....but ultimately the Harem Plan was Momo's creation and I think if Momo and Nemesis join forces, the plan will be successful.
Dec 9, 2016 1:08 AM

Nov 2008
Well, Nemesis has been fully derailed. Shame too, used to like the girl. But guess the dumb forced harem plan takes precedence over, say, consistent characterization. I'm not even covering the sick genderswap selfcest crap, this is the only series where bad fic nonsense is canon.

Sometimes I'm glad Mikan gets beans for screentime.
Dec 9, 2016 3:13 PM

Sep 2014
Haha, Nemesis is awesome. I liked her from the moment she first appeared, and I just like her more as the manga progresses.

Ze plan, she ez progressing!

ZettaiRyouiki said:
Well, Nemesis has been fully derailed. Shame too, used to like the girl. But guess the dumb forced harem plan takes precedence over, say, consistent characterization.

Serious question, how is the way she's acting inconsistent? She's mischievous, seems to have taken a liking to Rito, and comes from a wider galaxy where polygamy isn't considered abnormal. I can't see why she wouldn't push the plan, even if it was just to amuse herself.
CasyleDec 9, 2016 4:21 PM
Dec 9, 2016 3:59 PM
Oct 2012
ZettaiRyouiki said:
Well, Nemesis has been fully derailed. Shame too, used to like the girl. But guess the dumb forced harem plan takes precedence over, say, consistent characterization.

You're missing it. She isn't interested in joining the harem project, she's trolling Momo, has been for quite some time, she literally is Momo's Nemesis.

The question really is: what happens when Momo finally snaps. That's where everything is building: Momo has never been honest about her feelings towards Rito (as her mom pointed out), she has been putting everyone else's feelings before her own, and this is in large part because Momo is too scared for things to change because deep down she doesn't have any faith that Rito has any feelings towards her (this has popped up several times). Nemesis is poking that, wanting to see Momo's reactions - that's why she threatened to replace Momo and become the driver of the harem plan.

My hope is that Nemesis is playing with gasoline, back on the desert planet Momo threatened Nemesis if she ever hurt Rito, Nemesis picked up on that and I think has been trying to goad Momo in action. I have, for several years now, been waiting for Darkness Momo to emerge: Yami once said she recognized Momo's killer edge (way back when she thought Darkness was going to threaten Rito) - I want to see it unleashed in it's full glory. It would be funny as hell for Nemesis to be the one who goes: "oh crap, what did I just do".
Dec 9, 2016 11:41 PM

Nov 2008
Casyle said:
Serious question, how is the way she's acting inconsistent? She's mischievous, seems to have taken a liking to Rito, and comes from a wider galaxy where polygamy isn't considered abnormal. I can't see why she wouldn't push the plan, even if it was just to amuse herself.

Why would Nemesis care about the plan, especially when she claims to understand Rito better than anyone? It's none of her business and only causes her benefactor trouble.

Then again the series has got Mea, Sephie, and even MIKAN on board with the thing anyway. Now if only it actually get in there Lala, the original idea coiner...

Takuan_Soho said:
You're missing it. She isn't interested in joining the harem project, she's trolling Momo, has been for quite some time, she literally is Momo's Nemesis.

No, she's Yami's nemesis. Same powers, but opposite appearances and views on sexuality. And Yami was her original target too.

Why she's playing with Momo then? Because everything must revolve about Darkness Momo for some reason. Seriously, why did the series had to begin sending Momo to the forefront after entirely changing her personality? Again Lala was the one that came with the dumb plan.
Dec 10, 2016 9:49 AM
Oct 2012
ZettaiRyouiki said:
Why she's playing with Momo then? Because everything must revolve about Darkness Momo for some reason. Seriously, why did the series had to begin sending Momo to the forefront after entirely changing her personality? Again Lala was the one that came with the dumb plan.

Lala did not come up with the "plan", she just said that she was fine with sharing Rito with Haruna. Momo is the one who turned that into a plan.

ToLoveRu as it was originally planned ended with Trouble. Once Lala accepted her status as Rito's number 2, the original conflict of the series ended. Now the writer could have changed the series into something else, but it would not have been a harem series. A Harem needs to have an MC who is ambiguous about who he will end up with, because then he can have innocent semi-sexual interactions with the other girls.
When the writer decided to create "Darkness" he needed to come up with something to create ambiguity for Rito. That is where Momo came into the scene.

The conflict in Darkness is whether Rito will become a "carnivore" or not, and the only person who is pushing for that decision was Momo (now Nemesis). She is the plot driver for Darkness, without her there could be no real harem situations. If Rito was settled on Haruna, and Lala was fixed as number two, then what point would Yami or Run's confession have? What makes their confessions sweet and innocent is that they still have a chance, otherwise they would be predators trying to "steal" Rito away from Haruna.

That is why the series is centered on Momo, she drives the plot. She is the predator in the series because she is the one that is keeping Rito from making up his mind.

Now normally as the femme fatale Momo would be a bad character, but the writer in trying to make her more sympathetic, accidentally stumbled on making her the most complex character in To Love by far: she is the only one who has a true internal conflict. The other conflicts are situationally based: Haruna is the shy, pure first love; Lala the crazy alien who can accept things; Mikan the younger sister who eventually has to give her brother up; Yami the assassin who has to come to terms with emotions; Run the friend/rival of the alien and so on. Momo has an emotional conflict: she knows Rito doesn't love her, but she wants to be with him. She is pretending to accept the harem plan, but deep down we know she really doesn't want to share Rito. She pretends she is acting for the greater good, but that is only because she wants the status quo to continue, because that is the only way (she thinks) she can be with Rito

But, and this is where To Love becomes extremely interesting, the longer Momo is in denial about her motives, the worse things are becoming. By keeping Rito from declaring for Haruna, more and more girls are falling in love with Rito; the Harem is becoming ridiculously larger and more and more people are going to get hurt.

That is why Nemesis is Momo's nemesis. A Nemesis is someone who punishing someone for their pride. This is why she wasn't Yami's nemesis, because Yami hadn't done anything wrong, but Momo sure has. Nemesis is going to force Momo to realize that her actions, which Momo tells herself is okay because they will all join the harem, are actually hurting people, herself most of all.

This is why Nemesis is going to usurp Momo's place as Chief Harem Architect. Momo created that role because she thought it was the only way Rito would find her "special" (Momo's insecurity over how Rito views her has been dealt with several times from the beginning, she is the only character who actually has doubts). Nemesis is going to steal what Momo thinks makes her "special", and that will cause Momo to snap.
Takuan_SohoDec 10, 2016 10:52 AM
Dec 10, 2016 10:42 AM

Nov 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
It's simple Harem mechanics - once Lala accepted that she had to share Rito, the series should have ended because the ambiguity ended - Rito loved both girls, both girls loved Rito, and Lala was fine with being the second fiddle. So as a harem, the show ended with Trouble. Haruna was # one, Lala was # two.

When the creators decided to extend it into Darkness, they needed something else to create the ambiguity - they slotted Momo into that role with her Harem Plan. Whether or not Rito would accept his destiny as a "carnivore" is the main action for this series. Without that possibility, there is no harem. This is why things revolve around Momo in Darkness, she brings doubt back to the Harem rankings. Otherwise all the other girls would be doing is fighting over third place.

Which is good. Rito's ambiguous status is what made Yami's confession innocent instead of calculating, if it was clear that he settled on Haruna, Yami could not have confessed. Same with the other girls: think of Run's confession. She knows that Rito loves Haruna, but she also knows that Rito hasn't committed yet so she still has a chance: this is the difference between being a home wrecker and being innocent. Momo is what is keeping Rito from making his final decision.

Now from a personal viewpoint I think Momo is the best character in Darkness because she is the only one who has a conflict - she really wants to be the one with Rito, and she is doing anything she can to be with him, but she can't be honest to herself about what she really wants because she is afraid of losing what little she has. No other female character has that depth. But at the same time, her fear is making the situation worse as Rito continues to add girls' who love him.

That is why Nemesis is Momo's nemesis. She is the one who is going to force Momo to realize what she is doing. That is what a nemesis is - it punishes people for their actions. This is why she wasn't Yami's Nemesis, since there was nothing to punish Yami for, but she is punishing Momo. She is threatening to take Momo's reason for being with Rito away. How Momo reacts to this will be the ultimate conclusion to Darkness (as a separate series, not necessarily the end of To Love Ru altogether) because her decision will end the ambiguity of the harem.

No, like I said before Lala proposed the harem end, Not just threesome end. At least I want the seres to acknowledge this, instead of pretending Momo came with the idea.

But... why Momo? Lala could've done this fine. Momo doing it is the equivalent of fighting shounen introducing new strong enemies without any hints these guys existed before. In fact Lala got kicked out of the series she started, which is lame.

Also I wanna point something I also dislike from the series your post reminded me: no, Rito theorically getting the harem doesn't means he has to turn into some sort of molester. He could be perverse or just not so shy, yes, but there's no need for him to want to abuse the girls like Momo thinks. Lala would've done this with more respect for Rito's gentleness, instead of trying to turn him into the principal.

Anyway, instead of going harem they could just... not settle things. This way Run and Yami could confess fine.

So Momo is basically trolling herself? That's not depth, that's being dumb. She should admit her feelings and ditch the dumb harem plan Rito clearly does not want, if she really cares for him. Better than turning him into some random molester for sure.

Honestly Nemesis antagonizing Momo just feels to me like another way to force Momo into the limelight, like her dumb fanclub, but whatever floats your boat.
Dec 10, 2016 10:55 AM
Sep 2016
Why would Nemesis care about the plan, especially when she claims to understand Rito better than anyone? It's none of her business and only causes her benefactor trouble.
Why? because it's fun. She loves teasing people and she's never caused any real problem (she even helped Rito with Mikan and Nana when they were angry at him).
My hope is that Nemesis is playing with gasoline, back on the desert planet Momo threatened Nemesis if she ever hurt Rito, Nemesis picked up on that and I think has been trying to goad Momo in action. I have, for several years now, been waiting for Darkness Momo to emerge: Yami once said she recognized Momo's killer edge (way back when she thought Darkness was going to threaten Rito) - I want to see it unleashed in it's full glory. It would be funny as hell for Nemesis to be the one who goes: "oh crap, what did I just do".
I don't think we'll see a Darkness Momo, but now that Nemesis hijacked the harem plan she could start having doubts and perhaps realize that she wants Rito only for her.
Dec 10, 2016 11:24 AM
Oct 2012
Darn, you were too fast. I realized that I wasn't clear and rewrote it hoping it would be before you read it.

But to answer some specific questions that I may not have been clear on:

ZettaiRyouiki said:
like I said before Lala proposed the harem end, Not just threesome end... Lala could've done this fine.

Why would Lala want to have Rito like more people? This is not to say she would mind, but nothing in her character would have her pushing Rito into these relationships. Lala is too laid back to take the harem idea and turn it into a plan. That is why it is Momo's plan, she is the one working to make it a reality.

ZettaiRyouiki said:
no, Rito theorically getting the harem doesn't means he has to turn into some sort of molester. He could be perverse or just not so shy, yes, but there's no need for him to want to abuse the girls like Momo thinks. Lala would've done this with more respect for Rito's gentleness, instead of trying to turn him into the principal.

Agree completely, that is Momo's sin. That is why Nemesis is punishing her. Momo doesn't really want Rito to be a carnivore. The gym scene proved that (the one where Rito initated things). And yes she is trolling herself, her mother pointed that out.
Dec 23, 2016 3:46 AM

Dec 2014
:)

I wonder what step, and who is the next girl will Nemesis support, now . Haruna will definitely the last so hoping for Kotegawa, 2nd to the last, to finally confess to Rito face to face. :3
Dec 23, 2016 4:25 AM

May 2014
Oh, it was gold. Nemesis is something else. And that selfcest, it was just... so good.

I really hope to see some more Yui soon enough, though. I haven't got my Yui dose from the manga for a few months. We need more Yui! Or, at least, I do. XD
Dec 28, 2016 11:26 AM

Mar 2015
ahahaha.. even nemesis now...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 20, 2020 7:53 AM

Feb 2018
Teample me more xD...
Nov 5, 2020 2:35 AM

Jan 2020
Not surprised to see that Nemesis wants the harem plan to succeed as well. But unfortunately, there are only 3 chapters left. We most likely aren't going to find out how she intends to help the harem plan to succeed.
IrrelevantGuyNov 5, 2020 3:17 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » To LOVE-Ru Darkness Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mech4nic - Mar 1, 2017

128 by rohan121 »»
Jun 4, 11:27 PM

» Anyone else think this is truly special?

IceCreamScene - Jul 12, 2022

8 by Amatsukaze24 »»
May 6, 12:06 PM

» Sequel

Radtoter - Mar 13, 2022

4 by Natsusama98 »»
Jul 19, 2022 5:48 AM

Poll: » To LOVE-Ru Darkness Chapter 33 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2013

42 by parkave »»
Apr 16, 2022 1:07 PM

Poll: » Best Couple Or Pair For Yuuki Rito

removed-user - Sep 15, 2021

0 by removed-user »»
Sep 15, 2021 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.