Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2016 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
All these dishes of variety this chapter. Holy shit. And those Midora tears...

The journey really is coming to an end ;_;
Nov 10, 2016 8:07 AM

Aug 2010
That was actually pretty emotional :*)
Esp the last scene with Midora running to Frohze and his family around the table

Lol at Neo wearing a turbine and chilling xD

So it's nxt chp that's really last
Nov 10, 2016 8:36 AM
Jun 2012
those last pages.

They just killed me :'(
Nov 10, 2016 8:46 AM

Sep 2013
Great chapter, toriko and rin's wedding and the full course is served to all.
Neo with the turban XD

That midora/froze moment was too much :'(

Nov 10, 2016 10:35 AM

Sep 2013
Who the fuck is Leg Man?
Nov 10, 2016 10:40 AM

Jun 2014
Honestly, I'm completely satisfied with the ending. Everything came full circle with the full course meal, nitro, food luck, and even Midora. I ended up unexpectedly bawling my eyes out in response to those last few panels.

We have the final one next week and I'm honestly going to miss it. I know the pacing wasn't the best it could be during its final arc but reading it back to back, it felt better paced. I'm giving the series a 9/10. It almost reminds me of a better conclusive Dragon Ball.
Nov 10, 2016 11:25 AM

Apr 2016
emotional chapter...
i still can't believe next week is the last time we'll have toriko...

unlike bleach
this chapter really feel as the final chapter...
a satisfying conclusion...
let's hope the next generation of WSJ will be as good as these stories(AssClass, Beelzebub, Bleach, Gintama[not actually finished yet but close], Kuroko, Naruto, Nisekoi, Toriko)
Nov 10, 2016 11:29 AM

Nov 2014
maybe i could've gave a shit if i actually cared about any of the characters but nope that's the one aspect this show was NEVER good at, terrible characters, meaning any emotional moments for me are pure cringe.
Nov 10, 2016 1:46 PM

Jun 2009
Didn't Mapy die or is that another person?

Man we did come a long way but feel a bit sad that it was a tad rushed at the end...

Rin didn't even appear much in the later stages... also lol priest.
Nov 10, 2016 1:59 PM

Dec 2013
This chapter makes me sad that this series is about to come to an end.

Neo in a suit was hilarious.
Nov 10, 2016 2:07 PM

Apr 2011
Love this ending!
It was a long journey.
I am going to miss Toriko.
Nov 10, 2016 6:14 PM

Sep 2007
Oh man ...
When you remember you read it from the first chapter ...
A long time ago ...
Ah ... This ending was so beautiful, for Midora ...
I'm truly happy for him.
Nov 10, 2016 7:04 PM
Feb 2014
What a journey. Can't believe its ending :( Nice to see the flashbacks that brought them to where they are now
Nov 11, 2016 5:06 AM

May 2008
Wow that was pretty great. Seeing Toriko end is pretty sad :( But, the conclusion and the ending are pretty satisfying imo.
Nov 11, 2016 7:52 AM

Jul 2016
Voidd said:
maybe i could've gave a shit if i actually cared about any of the characters but nope that's the one aspect this show was NEVER good at, terrible characters, meaning any emotional moments for me are pure cringe.

Really bro? Midora and Ichiryuu were pretty good characters. Toriko is okay and the Heavenly Kings are cool but they were sidelined in the final battle. Starjun was cool, but he was too calm most of the time. Brunch was a blast but nothing relevant.
Heck, now I realize that I cared more for the Eight Kings that for most of the humans. Freaking KingHorse (Queen being precise) and Bambina were the MVP's.

This chapter was emotional because of the travel, and Toriko was one hell of a good one. Century Soup is one of the finest shonen arcs that I could ever read, the Gourmet Honor one of the best training arcs, the 4 beast arcs did Avengers before it was a thing, Meteor Garlic was Kaiji with food and I could never forget the Pair and Air arcs really good stuff.

It has a lot of grat action and battles. My favorite 3 would be:
- Ichiryuu VS Midora
- Sunny VS Tommyroad
- Toriko VS Tommyroad

RIP Tommy you were the craziest bastard this world could have.

I would give Toriko a 9/10. Some rush in the God Arc and the terrible Another arc made the manga lost a lot of momentum.
Nov 11, 2016 8:36 AM

Nov 2014
SilverDio said:
Voidd said:

Really bro? Midora and Ichiryuu were pretty good characters. Toriko is okay and the Heavenly Kings are cool but they were sidelined in the final battle. Starjun was cool, but he was too calm most of the time. Brunch was a blast but nothing relevant.
Heck, now I realize that I cared more for the Eight Kings that for most of the humans. Freaking KingHorse (Queen being precise) and Bambina were the MVP's.

This chapter was emotional because of the travel, and Toriko was one hell of a good one. Century Soup is one of the finest shonen arcs that I could ever read, the Gourmet Honor one of the best training arcs, the 4 beast arcs did Avengers before it was a thing, Meteor Garlic was Kaiji with food and I could never forget the Pair and Air arcs really good stuff.

It has a lot of grat action and battles. My favorite 3 would be:
- Ichiryuu VS Midora
- Sunny VS Tommyroad
- Toriko VS Tommyroad

RIP Tommy you were the craziest bastard this world could have.

I would give Toriko a 9/10. Some rush in the God Arc and the terrible Another arc made the manga lost a lot of momentum.
i will admit that midora is a good character but that's where the show fucks up the most, midora not even the final villain gets way better characterization then the main fucking character toriko is the very simple nice guy who likes to eat in essence like luffy zebra is the typical vegeta ''badass'' ripoff just terribly done sunny is just flamboyant coco is the typical smart cool guy komatsu is just a coward with the most predictable character development i've ever seen and those are just the main characters,i don't care about the 8 king's because they don't have dialogue.

yes it had some good arcs but overtime the show lost it's novelty i stopped caring about the world building and wanted more meat in the characters which i never got, you really need to understand that i don't care how big the scale of the battles are i want a battle in which i know the characters i saw how they changed over the story i started getting emotionally invested in them this show offer's none of that so i don't care about the battles.
Nov 11, 2016 9:05 AM

Aug 2011
Neo's meat is in Toriko's full course. Eventually he'll be eaten until nothing left. Poor Neo lol.
Sorry for my bad English.
Nov 11, 2016 4:37 PM

Jul 2016
Voidd said:
i will admit that midora is a good character but that's where the show fucks up the most, midora not even the final villain gets way better characterization then the main fucking character toriko is the very simple nice guy who likes to eat in essence like luffy zebra is the typical vegeta ''badass'' ripoff just terribly done sunny is just flamboyant coco is the typical smart cool guy komatsu is just a coward with the most predictable character development i've ever seen and those are just the main characters,i don't care about the 8 king's because they don't have dialogue.

yes it had some good arcs but overtime the show lost it's novelty i stopped caring about the world building and wanted more meat in the characters which i never got, you really need to understand that i don't care how big the scale of the battles are i want a battle in which i know the characters i saw how they changed over the story i started getting emotionally invested in them this show offer's none of that so i don't care about the battles.

I am a little surprised that you even read Toriko if you were looking for good character development. Is not his groove.

Toriko was always about the strong battles and amazing world. Heck, the plot is just there for more ingredient hunting and the characters were all simple but they are good.
Ichryu being an amazing dad and brother figure, Jirou a total badass, Midora is the only one complex but his main sealing point was his infinite hunger for a family, Sunny is a narcisist, Coco a calm guy, Zebra is the best Vegeta ripoff and Toriko is Goku without a mental illness.
The rest of the cast are cliches well played, the only ones with a somewhat development were Midora, Starjun, Tommyroad and Zebra (well, almost)...wait a second... only the bad bad guys!

Still, I would read Toriko completely again this is a compliment than mangas like Reborn, Naruto or Bleach would never get.
Nov 14, 2016 11:55 AM
Nov 2009
A nostalgia trip chapter. The God dish looked like a watermelon for some reason. Neo pretty much became the Majin Buu of Toriko. Pretty sad this manga is ending next week...
Dec 25, 2016 5:01 PM

Aug 2014
Lol, Toriko getting married to Rin doesn't change a damn thing for me. I still think him and Komatsu are butt buddies.

And even Neo was present in the wedding? As in the thing that was trying to kill them all? Alright then.

But I'm not gonna lie, the moment with Midora was truly a heartwarming moment for me. THE best Toriko character right there, ladies and gentlemen.
KashKetchumDec 25, 2016 5:05 PM
Aug 21, 2017 7:00 AM

Feb 2013
I cried when Midora appeared, too damn touchy!
Lol, I loved Neo's appearance.
Aug 27, 2018 5:17 PM

Aug 2013
Easily one of the best chapters of this series. If this had been the last chapter, than I wouldn't have minded it in the least.
Apr 8, 2021 10:59 AM

Nov 2019
After a very long adventure, this chapter was an emotional summary of everything that happened so far, recalling some of the arcs I somewhat already forgot. The last couple of pages were superb, really touching moment.

More topics from this board

» Toriko Manga Sales

ichii_1 - Apr 3, 2015

44 by RikaHonjo »»
Jun 6, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Toriko Chapter 39 Discussion

canephalanx - Mar 18, 2016

3 by PlasticRobot »»
Nov 4, 2023 6:33 PM

Poll: » Toriko Chapter 26 Discussion

Mana - Jan 9, 2017

4 by PlasticRobot »»
Nov 1, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Toriko Chapter 14 Discussion

Mana - Jan 9, 2017

4 by PlasticRobot »»
Oct 31, 2023 5:45 PM

Poll: » Toriko Chapter 9 Discussion

Mana - Jan 5, 2017

4 by PlasticRobot »»
Oct 30, 2023 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.