Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 14, 2016 3:41 PM
Aug 2015
Ok so I just finished the last episode of UBW and I'm kind of confused. After the credits we get a little screen time with archer and he states that what he said wasn't wrong. Then we get a shot of shirou walking through a scorching hot desert. So does this mean shirous fate was inevitable and he ended up following the path archer was trying to sway him away from?
TyrelOct 15, 2016 12:14 PM
Oct 14, 2016 8:15 PM

Sep 2014
BaconKingpin said:
Ok so I just finished the last episode of UBW and I'm kind of confused. After the credits we get a little screen time with archer and he states that what he said wasn't wrong. Then we get a shot of shirou walking through a scorching hot desert. So does this mean shirous fate was inevitable and he ended up following the path archer was trying to sway him away from?
dat fucking thread title doe..........no he does not become archer. the desert scene was just poorly conveyed. Shirou's outcome is "optimistically ambiguous" Archer is a completely different shirou from any iteration of shirou that we see on screen. throughout the course of fate/stay night Archer has let slip information that contradicts what shirou should know. such as Saber's contract which is a plot point that was never made privy throughout UBW.
Oct 14, 2016 8:55 PM
Jul 2018
BaconKingpin said:

Ye... He ended up becoming Archer.
Oct 14, 2016 9:43 PM

Sep 2014
Yes/No. The soul of Emiya Shirou is permanently stuck as a Counter Guardian, but UBW Shirou will not walk the route that led to him becoming Archer
Oct 14, 2016 9:51 PM
Aug 2015
Maloghurst said:
BaconKingpin said:
dat fucking thread title doe..........no he does not become archer. the desert scene was just poorly conveyed. Shirou's outcome is "optimistically ambiguous" Archer is a completely different shirou from any iteration of shirou that we see on screen. throughout the course of fate/stay night Archer has let slip information that contradicts what shirou should know. such as Saber's contract which is a plot point that was never made privy throughout UBW.

Title containing mad spoilers though lol
May 4, 2020 10:59 AM

Apr 2019
The current Shirou in UBW will not become archer (so far we know) because he has a more content life with Rin Thosaka.

Archer (Shirou) is "removed" from time and his being is held in an other plane of existence for the purpose of being a guardian. Also the grail summoned an archer, so if Shirou was to die, the current Archer wouldn't disappear.

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.