Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 6, 2016 11:09 PM

Jan 2008
That guy disguised as Kaiser Ichinojo....that's not Akiyama Ryo, is it? That's the only character I can think of that has that hair and eye color (the only defining features of these same-face character designs).

Sad to see they all lost their memories.

Hearing the whistle again...the nostalgia is real. Seeing Tokomon the one blowing the whistle Hnnnng~ too cute.

Estoy_GordoNov 6, 2016 11:42 PM
Nov 9, 2016 8:42 AM
Mar 2016
4kicks said:
That guy disguised as Kaiser Ichinojo....that's not Akiyama Ryo, is it? That's the only character I can think of that has that hair and eye color (the only defining features of these same-face character designs).

Hearing the whistle again...the nostalgia is real. Seeing Tokomon the one blowing the whistle Hnnnng~ too cute.

the guy disguised as the Kaiser is none other than Gennai
Nov 11, 2016 6:39 PM

Jan 2008
KingArti said:
4kicks said:

Thanks for the reminder. It's been too long since my childhood to remember. But now that makes me wonder. What's his gain in all this? His reason for kidnapping Meicoomon and all that? It only adds to the mystery. Guess we'll just have to wait until next year to find out.
Estoy_GordoNov 11, 2016 6:45 PM
Nov 12, 2016 4:52 AM
Mar 2016
4kicks said:
KingArti said:

Thanks for the reminder. It's been too long since my childhood to remember. But now that makes me wonder. What's his gain in all this? His reason for kidnapping Meicoomon and all that? It only adds to the mystery. Guess we'll just have to wait until next year to find out.
yeah it's still a mystery but we got 3 more months to wait
Nov 15, 2016 2:12 PM

Feb 2015
lol, i rate all of the movie 9 but i must say tthat the third movie is currently one of the best movie from al of the movie. this movie is full of emotional scenes especially patamon and herculeskabuterimon (?) lol the heck with the name. but that ultimate evo from kabuterimon was so freaking badass as fuck. i have never see kabbuterimon like that before. that was seriously so chilling.

and dat ending. seriously, wtf ? who is that old guy ? and actually who is she...how can she went into digital world so easly tho.

im so looking foward to the next movie especially because it's sora's turn. hope something "interesting" will happen...or obvious it will happen xD
Nov 15, 2016 2:26 PM
Mar 2016
That angewomon is ugly
Nov 18, 2016 4:29 PM
Mar 2016
Tevens said:
lol, i rate all of the movie 9 but i must say tthat the third movie is currently one of the best movie from al of the movie. this movie is full of emotional scenes especially patamon and herculeskabuterimon (?) lol the heck with the name. but that ultimate evo from kabuterimon was so freaking badass as fuck. i have never see kabbuterimon like that before. that was seriously so chilling.

and dat ending. seriously, wtf ? who is that old guy ? and actually who is she...how can she went into digital world so easly tho.

im so looking foward to the next movie especially because it's sora's turn. hope something "interesting" will happen...or obvious it will happen xD
that young guy at the end actually is Gennai who was the old dude who helped the chosen children (digidestined) in season 1, he became young in season 2
Nov 19, 2016 10:04 AM

Feb 2015
KingArti said:
Tevens said:

that young guy at the end actually is Gennai who was the old dude who helped the chosen children (digidestined) in season 1, he became young in season 2

wut ? really ? lol that was a big plot twist to me.
wtf is going on actually.
Nov 20, 2016 4:19 PM
Mar 2016
Tevens said:
KingArti said:

wut ? really ? lol that was a big plot twist to me.
wtf is going on actually.
we got no idea right now this is all still a big mystery...
Nov 28, 2016 6:39 AM

Mar 2014
Wah awesome movie, it really made me almost want to cry losing all their digimon like that, but regardless I'm sure they will get their memories back !!

Dec 10, 2016 12:52 PM

Jan 2009
I thought this series was just fanservice, but this movie in particular exceeded my expectations!
Of course it's not flawless, it had a few dumb mistakes, but I just don't care, I'll overlook all of it and give the movie a 9/10!
Seriously I didn't expect a Digimon movie to be so intense and emotional! also it's really great that they're focusing on all characters and giving them a chance to shine, Tentomon for example was a badass!
I'm looking forward to the fourth movie, and I hope they make more!
Dec 25, 2016 10:32 AM
Apr 2014
Too much SOL, it was fine in the first movie but enough is enough. Too much depression as well, more plot less depression please.
They finally get to the Digital World yay.
That agent woman keeps smirking, the Keikaku better be worth it.
Gennai disguised as Ken, what is going on here?
Seems like the agent woman is the partner of Jessmon.
Jan 4, 2017 2:30 PM

Mar 2010
This should be renamed into Plot Device: The Series. Even then, 3 movies in, we know nothing about the main plot. Infections were resolved on their own, 02 kids are still gone and no one really cares, there is very little character development.

On top, none of these characters think like real people would. Their digimon get their ass whooped and instead of evolving them they just stand around. Himekawa shows up with presumably Ken's (who is apparently the only lost kid anyone gives a shit about) digivice and no one gives a shit. This is like 95% awful SOL with terrible writing and 5% Digimon. Disappointing, very disappointing. It's just a mess all around.
Jan 7, 2017 4:46 PM

Jan 2008
That scene with all of the Digimons getting infected and ganging up on HerculesKabutermon and WarGreymon just reminds me of the Pokémon The First Movie.

DIGIMONS AREN'T SUPPOSE TO FIGHT, NOT LIKE THIS.
Jan 8, 2017 8:09 PM

Jun 2013
Oh man, I'm crying...
..over how ridiculous this show has become.
And especially the first two-thirds of the movie, too. Like, I can see that Toei makes Takeru keep quiet about his own partner’s well-being JUST so they can draw parallels to Meiko’s dilemma, but it’s honestly downright ridiculous and completely out-of-character. Because the best course of action is totally to bring Patamon out in the open to get more infected, NOT actively figure out a way to stop the infection, and NOT warn the other Digidestined, who care just as much about their partners?!?! Takeru’s badge of hope supposedly means he sees light even in the darkest of situations, and yet all he does is spend his days moping and weeping about Patamon and not doing a DAMN thing to try and fix it! What the heck happened to your supposedly unwavering hope?!
And really, everyone else acts ridiculously stupid as well, because WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY THINK THAT IT’S OK TO BRING THEIR DIGIMON OUT IN THE OPEN JUST SO THEY COULD BE WITH THEM?! Having a good time over keeping their partners safe and uninfected, yes y’all totally have your priorities straight!
Well, honestly, the script is screwed up and awful. Great that you Toei writers want to show off what little background research you did, but maybe you should explain the whole computer language infection in a way that your audience can actually understand?
Anyways, perhaps I’ll also mention the few things this movie actually got somewhat right: Kouichi’s breakdown and the latter one-third of the movie. Of course, Kouichi’s breakdown wasn’t exactly subtle, as it was totally out-of-line with his usual calm demeanor right from the very beginning, but at least it wasn’t completely botched up. And even if the Digidestined were dumb to not even consider seeing the distortion from its source in the Digital World, at least they weren’t stupid enough to put off the journey later on, even if the motivation was different. (That sentence might not have made much sense, but you know what whatever, I’m done with this.)
So anyways, with 2% legitness and 98% trite bullshit, I give this movie a Toei/10 and a demand that the studio get themselves off their nostalgia-milking high-horses.
Jan 9, 2017 2:50 PM
Mar 2016
SuiNoByakko said:
This should be renamed into Plot Device: The Series. Even then, 3 movies in, we know nothing about the main plot. Infections were resolved on their own, 02 kids are still gone and no one really cares, there is very little character development.

On top, none of these characters think like real people would. Their digimon get their ass whooped and instead of evolving them they just stand around.

I assume you have not been watching the movie if you said little character development when the entire movie revolved around the kids and their inner "darkness" represeted by their crests.

The Digimon lost the ability to control their evolution past Ultimate per 02 since the original children gave up the power of their crests. They cannot just "Hey, the enemy is too strong! Let's evolve further!" like in Adventure anymore. Now it became "I want to evolve further, but I can't at the moment!" and then later "Taichi, it looks like I can evolve now!" The kids are not just standing there; they have done everything they can. Adventure kids are not as involved in the fight like Tamers, Frontier, or Xros Wars kids.

"Overcoming darkness" as the prophecy from the last movie said. People can't stay hopeful at all times. The crests are not the embodiment of the kids' whole personality; they have to struggle against themselves to maintain those traits. Their strongest traits also became their greatest weakness. Jo was overburdened with expectations and responsibilities. Mimi's naivety hurt other people, Koshiro the genius doesn't know anything when people rely on him the most, etc etc.

Takeru even asked Jo what should be done if Patamon was infected, and he was scared that if he told the other kids about Patamon's infection, Patamon has to be killed (keep in mind they didn't know about the reboot). It's like telling your family that your beloved Fido is infected with some unknown disease with no known cure, and you don't know how your family will react about it. It's easy to say "Hey, they should stay optimistic at all times!" when people irl generally don't have that much mental strength to be like that when they are down.
LuphJan 9, 2017 2:57 PM
Jan 10, 2017 5:28 PM

Jun 2013
Luph said:

"Overcoming darkness" as the prophecy from the last movie said. People can't stay hopeful at all times. The crests are not the embodiment of the kids' whole personality; they have to struggle against themselves to maintain those traits. Their strongest traits also became their greatest weakness. Jo was overburdened with expectations and responsibilities. Mimi's naivety hurt other people, Koshiro the genius doesn't know anything when people rely on him the most, etc etc.

Takeru even asked Jo what should be done if Patamon was infected, and he was scared that if he told the other kids about Patamon's infection, Patamon has to be killed (keep in mind they didn't know about the reboot). It's like telling your family that your beloved Fido is infected with some unknown disease with no known cure, and you don't know how your family will react about it. It's easy to say "Hey, they should stay optimistic at all times!" when people irl generally don't have that much mental strength to be like that when they are down.

You bring up an interesting point that I'd forgotten: that a person's strongest traits doesn't define who they are. I still don't like that the movie doesn't show a middle ground instead of showing Takeru pretty much immobile with hopelessness, but I guess your reasoning does make Takeru's actions make more sense.

Though, considering that I couldn't glean that from the movie AT ALL after watching it, I'd say Toei still needs to do a better job of conveying these internal conflicts. I would've liked to see Takeru's struggles as something he faces despite his internal strengths, and not as something that undermines his trait of hope.
Mar 6, 2017 10:12 AM

Jul 2013
So, Digimon Emperor was Gennai disguised as Ken. I'm glad, since that means they are not going to butcher Ken's character after his development in 02.

Good they finally reached the Digital World, I was tired of the SoL scenes.
Nov 25, 2017 10:43 AM

Jun 2015
Basically rewatched the movie because I have the Blu-Ray, and I found the movie slightly more enjoyable now that I have seen both Movie 4 and Movie 5.
Feb 20, 2018 12:43 PM

Jan 2018
Personally I think this is the best movie out of them all, the other ones are really plain and boring even compared to an average original digimon episode
May 6, 2018 9:11 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I liked the idea of a Reboot, to start again!!!
Also, when the kids go to the Digi-world and found all their friends, their Digimon, in "baby" form was very sentimental!!!
May 21, 2018 8:49 AM

Dec 2008
Aaaaah! This was definitely the best out of the three movies so far. It made me cry so many times :(

Glad we finally saw Angewomon. Looking waifu material as always.

Hopefully the next movies are as enjoyable as this one. Really did not like the 2nd one.
May 22, 2018 9:46 AM

Dec 2013
I couldn't stop crying! The innocence of the digimon's sentences and the purity of them SUDDENLY wanting to spend time with their partners made it so painful. I can see how the first two movies were happy moments and how they took them for granted while they focus and propelling towards adulthood. Now they realize that they're gone, they spend their very last moments. WHICH MADE IT SADDER. Patamon's scene in the room made me bawl my eyes out, and herculeskabuterimon's scene as well. Mannnn this movie is so emotional, my kid self was crying so hard!
Apr 13, 2019 7:01 AM

Nov 2016
This chapter was a drastical improvement compared to the previous ones.

I loved the melancholic tone and the thorough focus on the relationship between the Digimon and their partners. Some parts were so emotional.

I also like that they're back in the Digital World. I wonder what happened to Genai, tho and how Himekawa is involved.

Really good overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 20, 2020 10:15 PM

May 2008
Well, the pattern from before isn't in this movie... because it was bad from beginning to end. I almost don't need to say anything because Actar did it years ago for me.

Gonna do it anyway.

SakariiApr 20, 2020 10:23 PM
Oct 13, 2020 2:50 AM

Dec 2012
Dat plane.
Nishijima. Himekawa.
Mimi.
Meiko runs. Pick up that trash.
Sora.
Takeru. Hikari.
Taichi-tachi.
lol at Agumon.
Koushiro's questions to Meiko.
Meiko's kaasan.
Meiko's tousan.
Yamato.
Project R? Yu-Gi-Oh!?

What an episode. How the fock can Patamon say "Hey, Takeru! I'm infected, aren't I?" with a smile on his face? WTF! Then seeing Takeru and Patamon cry made me cry. So Meichan is actually female. No wonder Leomon's heart was bursting out. Though, it slipped my mind at the moment that the digimons gender matches their partner. They ruined Angewomon. smh Rosemon look better than her. They got Knife of Day to do the ED song. lol With that said... this is the 1st release of tri after the passing of Kouji Wada. To not hear Butter-fly when the title appeared felt empty. Then hearing Butter-fly as an insert song later on brought the feels. RIP Kouji Wada. Thank you for evolving the adventure since day 1.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 15, 2021 2:46 AM

Jan 2021
Okay I kept my expectations lowered after the last disappointing movies but I'm pleasantly surprised this third film turned out to be exceptionally good. A massive improvement I have to say.

The whole tone of the entire movie was just sad and I don't mean that in a bad way. The Digimons knowing their fate and wanting to spend more time with their partners to create more memories. Takeru refusing to come to terms with Patamon's infection. The last scene just made me bawl my eyes out really. Tentomon's the MVP and it looks like none of them made it to the backup plan damn.

Gatomon finally acted like an adult Digimon too and when Hikari got possessed, I thought it had something to do with the Dark Ocean. Maybe they'll bring it up again considering it was such a wasted element in the franchise.

And I still don't have a great opinion of Meiko honestly. It's not just about the nostalgia with the original cast. I just don't think she adds anything at all to the current cast. Her character is meh, her interactions with the rest of them are meh and her and Meicoomon in general is just... meh lol.

Anyways, great movie tbh. The best one so far. Hopefully, the next ones are on par with this one in terms of quality.
Mar 17, 2021 2:07 AM

Jul 2013
They did the emotional part very well. The fight turning into chaos as more and more Digimon lose their mind was amazing to see. I was having the same reaction as the kids when they were left speechless.

Tentomon, what an MVP.

And Takeru, nice galaxy brain you got there. Sure, just hide the fact that Patamon was infected from everyone. What could possibly go wrong? It's not like we're dealing with a highly infectious virus or anything. Gonna hide those zombie bite wounds am I right?

They're finally addressing Hikari's deus ex machina power from 01 after all these years lol
Jul 5, 2021 12:26 AM

Jan 2017
Loved that they brought up again Kari's dark sea-arc thingy from 02, though some explanations would be preferable. The Digimons getting infected is very reminiscent of the Black Gears arc from the first season but this time the stakes are even higher.

wtf why was Gennai pretending to be Ken lmao, though I do still think that he and Maki are actually silently helping the Digidestined through backdoor means. *insert where the hell is the 02 cast rant here*
Jun 24, 2022 12:12 AM

Feb 2015
The animation looked strange sometimes. I didn’t remember the Digimon battles having that low dynamic, they just repeat the same attacks, or I was a child when I watched the first seasons, but as an adult, the fights are not exciting. Guessing why nobody asked themselves about Davis, Yolei or Cody too. Other digidestined are missing, an important fact. Why is that Kari is always possessed. Tentomon’s final evolution is cool. Confused by the decision making of some characters that are just all worried. Interesting ending, is Himekawa a villain working with the corporation or what.
Atlas77Jul 7, 2022 10:41 PM
Aug 21, 2023 8:14 PM
Jan 2020
NOSTALGIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Aug 28, 2023 7:52 AM

Nov 2012
gabumon really cracked me up at the digimon strategy meeting "well we know we can stand around and do nothing"
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Digimon Adventure tri. "Shoshitsu" Poster

GigaDestroyer - Oct 7, 2016

13 by KingArti »»
Oct 23, 2016 1:55 PM

» Post-movie question

Chanaynay - Sep 27, 2016

4 by Raydnt »»
Oct 1, 2016 9:17 PM

» Digimon Tri 4

ibraheem234 - Sep 24, 2016

9 by voidepression »»
Sep 25, 2016 11:03 AM

» Ending Ost

Caramellochi - Sep 23, 2016

1 by Malphas_ »»
Sep 23, 2016 6:49 PM

» 02 is not canon. and predictions

levelminded - Jun 23, 2016

5 by Setsuna200 »»
Sep 22, 2016 4:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.