Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 11, 2016 7:11 PM

Nov 2014
They said it is a masterpiece ever made(VN) But it seems like the revelation are not really that much dramatic and the story is heading toward some cliche ending.Like,world destruction being prevented and they live happily after.Or,sad ending,perhaps?

Edit:But Kagari chan's character really should be used in other anime(Being an important individual who is involved in world destruction/salvation is not the right role for her personality imo)Of course,what anime other than Kono Suba?Because she is just so interesting =_=
VANSEDESep 11, 2016 7:16 PM
Where Words Fail, Music Speaks.

-Han Christian Anderson
Sep 11, 2016 8:05 PM

Jul 2014
Nope! It completely destroyed the contents of the original work. I think you should read Visual Novel to understand the original content. And it's just "all age" is not "eroge".
Or manga "Rewrite Side-B" since its content close to the original. (But it is only part of the original content.)
PikariDawnSep 11, 2016 8:09 PM
Sep 11, 2016 8:10 PM

Nov 2014
PikariDawn said:
Nope! It completely destroyed the contents of the original work. I think you should read Visual Novel to understand the original content. And it's just "all age" is not "eroge".
Or manga "Rewrite Side-B" since its content close to the original. (But it is only part of the original content.)
Do you think they will make a rework? Considering the demand for its animation and how the adaption failed miserably.
Where Words Fail, Music Speaks.

-Han Christian Anderson
Sep 11, 2016 8:20 PM

Jul 2014
VANSEDE said:
PikariDawn said:
Do you think they will make a rework? Considering the demand for its animation and how the adaption failed miserably.

Honestly, I don't know. But I really want, there is a better adaptation.
Sep 12, 2016 4:39 AM

Aug 2014
The VN has...
- Great character development
- Some great heroine routes (the quality is swinging quite a bit) that somewhat connects quite well with the true route
- Much better done drama, backgrounds and comedy
- Kotarou isn't just some pervert who wants Akane's boobs - he is actually an interesting and unique individual with some amazing goals and backstory behind him
- The heroines don't just feel like they fall under some generic archetype - they all get fleshed out really well and is presented in a much better way (though that is to be expected considering 13 ep really isn't much)
- You'll likely feel far more connected with the characters in the VN than in the anime

But the VN has the problem of Kagari not being quite that well developed and actually being rather bland and maybe even a bit boring compared to her anime counterpart (she isn't quite as funny or joking)

You should give it a try if you ever feel like it - it's a great VN for sure, and the anime just doesn't do it justice.
Sep 12, 2016 4:44 AM

Jun 2015
I didn't play the VN, but from episode 1, I knew it would be a disappointing adaptation.

Doesn't take any knowledge to notice the irregularities of the anime. The premise is fine though,so maybe the vn is as good as they say.
Sep 12, 2016 5:01 AM

Apr 2015
Snappynator said:
The VN has...
- Some great heroine routes (the quality is swinging quite a bit) that somewhat connects quite well with the true route
- Kotarou isn't just some pervert who wants Akane's boobs - he is actually an interesting and unique individual with some amazing goals and backstory behind him
- The heroines don't just feel like they fall under some generic archetype - they all get fleshed out really well and is presented in a much better way (though that is to be expected considering 13 ep really isn't much)
- You'll likely feel far more connected with the characters in the VN than in the anime

But the VN has the problem of Kagari not being quite that well developed and actually being rather bland and maybe even a bit boring compared to her anime counterpart (she isn't quite as funny or joking)

You should give it a try if you ever feel like it - it's a great VN for sure, and the anime just doesn't do it justice.

You forgot about one thing. This little difference:

Also, VN Kagari for the win. The anime version is a joke.
Sep 12, 2016 5:13 AM

Jun 2015
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Snappynator said:
The VN has...

hey hey anime kagari -> VN kagari (anime Kagari is one of my favorite characters ever)
''I'm FABULOUS down to my very core so praise me human''
''I'll give you some of my feecof so cheer up''

VN -> -> -> -> -> -> -> anime
the anime isn't too bad tho, everything with kotori in it isn't bad.
But the VN is a masterpiece the anime is average.
If this got a faithful adaptation the score would be at least 8.9
Takamura-samaSep 12, 2016 5:17 AM
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 12, 2016 10:45 AM

Feb 2016
Ma3seb said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

hey hey anime kagari -> VN kagari (anime Kagari is one of my favorite characters ever)

Nah at leaat 8.95 since its key but it would have to be clannad level which is hard for this VN due to the 50hour+ however possible, if it did get the adaptation properly then this would be up there wiv re zero this yr

Sep 12, 2016 11:00 AM

Apr 2015
Ma3seb said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Like I said - a joke.
Sep 12, 2016 11:24 AM

Jul 2015
The problem is that people expected a lot because it's Key.

David Production's Planetarian was very good. Not sure what happened with Rewrite.
Sep 12, 2016 11:41 AM

Apr 2015
eslej said:
The problem is that people expected a lot because it's Key.

David Production's Planetarian was very good. Not sure what happened with Rewrite.

Aniplex+8bit - that's what.
Sep 13, 2016 5:11 PM

Feb 2015
Zyzyoro said:

The way that route was written changed some of my views in life. Its probably my favorite piece of writing I've ever read.

I couldn't agree more. And the Terra route that follows is simply beautiful

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

294 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

167 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

329 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.