Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 12, 2016 10:23 PM

May 2016
People said this episode was slow but for me i feel like 3rei is getting more interesting and mysterious right now.

Darius is insane and really overpowered, as expected along with the other Ainsworths.

Can't imagine what the hell Shirou did in this world against a 1v3 or something to free Miyu
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴ ┬┴┬┴┤ʕ•ᴥ├┬┴┬┴
Aug 13, 2016 3:17 AM

Jun 2008
Suddenly, it's pretty fucking dark!

Can't wait for the next episode.

Definitely my favorite season of Loli/Fate by far!
Aug 13, 2016 9:46 AM

Apr 2014
Some parts were shorten, but overall the episode was good. I never hope for a full adaptation of anything, so I'm not bothered by this level of shortening in the anime.
Aug 13, 2016 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
JustALEX said:

by the end of this season it's no longer "Loli/Fate",it's GAR/Fate
Aug 13, 2016 12:37 PM

Aug 2010
BioMaster said:
JustALEX said:

Little do the anime-onlies know, but by the start of the next season, it's officially "Fate/stay night: the 4th route".
Aug 13, 2016 4:32 PM

Sep 2013
astroprogs said:
BioMaster said:

Little do the anime-onlies know, but by the start of the next season, it's officially "Fate/stay night: the 4th route".
Well that's... disappointing?
Aug 13, 2016 5:03 PM

Aug 2010
talentlessash said:
astroprogs said:

If you value fanservice more than some really great storytelling, sure.
Aug 13, 2016 7:07 PM

Sep 2013
astroprogs said:
talentlessash said:

It's more I value the lighter tones and fun rather than the death and suffering stuff.
Aug 13, 2016 7:17 PM

Aug 2010
talentlessash said:
astroprogs said:

It's more I value the lighter tones and fun rather than the death and suffering stuff.

I getcha. Well, i think that a bit of dark narrative elements help contrast the lighthearted ones. You just appreciate them more when you return to them. But yeah, i understand if this kind of story isn't to your taste, regardless.

I just hope you give all of 3rei a chance, especialy the season after this one, because it's highly regarded amongst the Fate fans for a reason.

I mean, look at MAL's rating for the three mangas:
Original - 7.35
2wei - 7.66
3rei - 8.33
astroprogsAug 13, 2016 7:23 PM
Aug 13, 2016 7:34 PM

Sep 2013
astroprogs said:
talentlessash said:

I getcha. Well, i think that a bit of dark narrative elements help contrast the lighthearted ones. You just appreciate them more when you return to them. But yeah, i understand if this kind of story isn't to your taste, regardless.

I just hope you give all of 3rei a chance, especialy the season after this one, because it's highly regarded amongst the Fate fans for a reason.

Original - 7.35
2wei - 7.66
3rei - 8.33
Of course. I'm not planning on giving up on a series when we're 4 seasons in, but I can't help be hesitant if 3rei is highly regarded by the fans who love Fate/Zero and Heavens Feel.
Aug 13, 2016 7:55 PM

Aug 2010
talentlessash said:
astroprogs said:

Original - 7.35
2wei - 7.66
3rei - 8.33
Of course. I'm not planning on giving up on a series when we're 4 seasons in, but I can't help be hesitant if 3rei is highly regarded by the fans who love Fate/Zero and Heavens Feel.

I think the people who stuck around reading this manga, of all things Fate, and this far made it clear about their taste, haha. Anyone who actually thinks that dark and edgy elements are what make a good series wouldn't even finish the first anime season of Prisma Illya, let alone read the manga to its latest chapter.

About the content itself, 3rei doesn't even revel in its suffering, trying to one up itself on how it can shock you next. It's the type of "dark" that you can appreciate and the type of tone that complements the other one instead of being forced, out of place and just for the sake of being there.
Aug 13, 2016 8:35 PM

Sep 2013
astroprogs said:
talentlessash said:

I think the people who stuck around reading this manga, of all things Fate, and this far made it clear about their taste, haha. Anyone who actually thinks that dark and edgy elements are what make a good series wouldn't even finish the first anime season of Prisma Illya, let alone read the manga to its latest chapter.

About the content itself, 3rei doesn't even revel in its suffering, trying to one up itself on how it can shock you next. It's the type of "dark" that you can appreciate and the type of tone that complements the other one instead of being forced, out of place and just for the sake of being there.
That sounds good. After all, it's not like the first 2 series were devoid of dark themes, it just had plenty of "cooling off" periods. Whereas it seems like we're in it for the long run here in 3rei.
Aug 13, 2016 8:46 PM

Aug 2010
talentlessash said:
astroprogs said:

That sounds good. After all, it's not like the first 2 series were devoid of dark themes, it just had plenty of "cooling off" periods. Whereas it seems like we're in it for the long run here in 3rei.

True, true.

Although, (and this is a very small and almost insignificant spoiler for the next couple of episodes, unless you just prefer to go in 100% blind)
Aug 13, 2016 8:53 PM
Jul 2016
talentlessash said:
astroprogs said:

Let me rename it: "Fate/Stay Night: The DREAM Route that fan of Type Moon always wanted but Studio Deen failed to deliver."

Don't worry, the author actually knew how to combine the 3 routes together and since he had no restriction of "Following F/SN" rule, he had a freaking Rule Breaker a lot of thing in the next arc. It was like he was playing the VN and watching all of Fate related anime and took the best bits of each route and made it logical to happen that way.
Aug 13, 2016 8:54 PM

Sep 2013
astroprogs said:
talentlessash said:

True, true.

Although, (and this is a very small and almost insignificant spoiler for the next couple of episodes, unless you just prefer to go in 100% blind)
Neat. I almost feel like I set up false expectations reading these forums
Aug 13, 2016 9:18 PM

Aug 2010
talentlessash said:
astroprogs said:

True, true.

I can see why TBH.

About how dark 3rei gets, (HUGE spoilers for F/Z and HF's stories and atmosphere spoiler for 3rei)
astroprogsAug 13, 2016 9:22 PM
Aug 13, 2016 9:31 PM

Sep 2013
astroprogs said:
talentlessash said:

I can see why TBH.

About how dark 3rei gets, (HUGE spoilers for F/Z and HF's stories and atmosphere spoiler for 3rei)
Oh that's fantastic.

If Illya did get to that point that would be unfortunate.
Aug 13, 2016 10:01 PM

Aug 2010
talentlessash said:
astroprogs said:

I can see why TBH.

Oh that's fantastic.

If Illya did get to that point that would be unfortunate.

True.

Hiroyama's "dark" is generally of a different kind of Urobuchi's.
Urobuchi usually hits the reader/viewer with the dark stuff early on in his stories and when they start to get desensitized by them, he doubles down and go further into the "fucked up" territory. The problem with that approach is that while the work is very emotionally charged, sooner or later, the dark elements just won't hold the same weight anymore for some people.
Hiroyama, on the other hand, keeps the reader/viewer in a pink flowery world and get them to know and like the characters, so when he finally decides to introduce the darker elements, the slightest change will seem huge and the emotional impact, due to the contrast, would be really strong and feel more personal because you can really relate to those characters now.

I think his short "Gorgon Double Flat" doujinshi of Hollow Ataraxia, which i really recommend you find and read BTW, describes that part of his work perfectly for me. 90% of the work is lighthearted fun, but when that small emotional part hits, it feels more powerful despite its simplicity.
astroprogsAug 13, 2016 10:23 PM
Aug 14, 2016 11:01 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
talentlessash said:

True, true.

KEK

talentlessash said:
astroprogs said:

Its good that FSN was not about death and suffering then! :)
AhenshihaelAug 14, 2016 11:04 AM
Aug 14, 2016 3:34 PM

Jan 2011
Not that it matters for people like the Ainsworths, and Erica herself clearly forgot the important part:

Illiya said "You shouldn't hurt people without a reason" - Erica actually got it right i n the end. But even if you forget all about why she's in this world in the first place, she had a reason. After all, Darius tried to murder her slowly just a few moments earlier.

So better watch what your dad does little girl, and think hard how other people might feel about his actions, before going round and calling other people a liar.

Also, i think the biggest spoilers about most series are here in the forum. Even saying there are spoilers in the OP is actually a spoiler in itself, as just by watching the OP you have no idea whether that stuff is gonna happen even remotely like it's displayed or if it's just for show.

And the rest of the stuff here goes even further.

There is also a huge difference between only having seen the previous season, if at all, looking up some stuff on the wiki etc., and knowing every little detail by heart.

If you did the later, every single thing you say here is basically a spoiler. The things you see as a spoiler in the anime either fly under the radar or are like "hey, maybe it's like this and this, i saw that in UBW (or some of the other adaptions), but the things many here say are like this:

Lets assume somebody knows nothing about this, didn't even watch the previous seasons, nor any other adaption or anything. And lets say we only saw Illya going to school. Then that one posts that he wonders why Illya has such a weird family.

And then you come and say "thats because she's a magical girl, and in the other adaptions does this and that and here and there and so on, but you clearly alread knew that because the title already spoilers that".

And i'm like "hm.. Fate..not really. Kaleid? Huh? Maybe from Kaleidoscope, but whats that do with magic? Liner? No idea. Prisma? Again, colors, but magic? Nope. Illya? Sure, thats the MC, a schoolgirl with a weird family.."

I actually looked up some things after having seen the other adaptions, and i have some ideas how it all could make sense within the universe, and there are *some* things in the OP that i guess are a hint, but without knowing all the things by heart or explicitly looking stuff up right on the spot..not really. The characters are shown of course, that can be taken as a spoiler, but Nasuverse-specific concepts and so? Nope.

IMHO, the "do not discuss the manga" etc. rule should be enforced much more drastically. It's not just about not discussing the manga *after* this point, but basically everything that it not in the anime itself. The focus should be on the first part of the rule, not the second.

I guess discussing the previous seasons is okay where applicable, it's not like they reintroduce all characters with each season etc., but cross-referencing from other adaptions in the same universe or using the manga or wikis etc. is off limits. That should include "it's totally different from what you think but i'm not telling because that would be a spoiler". No, it wouldn't. Or well, i guess it would, but it already *IS* one.
Aug 16, 2016 6:35 AM
Jul 2011
Greetings!, I Would Love to ask A Question, Might I Ask What And Who Is True Identity Of
Clueless Amnesiac Tanaka-san ? BECAUSE Her Voiced By Misato Fukuen.
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Tanaka
PS: I Hope That Everyone Solve This Mystery Immediately!
Sep 12, 2016 4:27 AM

Nov 2011
Less tedious than the previous episode, the plot is so complicated that manages to be engrossing and fascinating. That the character of Tanaka hiding something, it was obvious, but the obvious does not stop there, since the ending is quite obvious in his plot twist. It's catchy soundtrack, animations and drawings, excellent.
Nov 2, 2016 10:02 PM

Nov 2013
Darius is an even bigger sicko than it seemed. And really strong, too. They really need to come up with a plan to beat that bastard.

How Tanaka broke the Noble Phantasm was awesome. She really is hot.

Next episode, Illya gets turned into a plushie?
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 22, 2017 7:05 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode. Not a lot of awesome fights, but I guess they are saving that for the end.

Darius is such a dick lol.
Apr 18, 2018 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
Erika really has a strange perception thinking that someone trying to suffocate you is not a good reason to hurt him lol
Also best preview ever, next episode looks to be sick as fuck xD
Sep 11, 2018 12:43 PM
May 2017
I loved these incredible new Hougus. I thought I was going to see a rape scene with Miyu. Glad it did not happen.
Jan 4, 2019 3:18 AM

Mar 2018
Darius need to die but with Erika around I'm sure he'll be spared and possibly even forgiven and I can't say I'm looking forward to that.
Jan 18, 2019 3:54 AM

Jul 2013
This has been out for over two years and yet there's not even one mention in this thread of Darius being able to see the "lines".

Go play Tsukihime, you idiots! Big freaking Nasuverse connection right there!

I'm not worried given the nature of this series, but realistically they would be completely screwed (except for Nanaki, though given that Darius was about to stab her, she might still have "points", IF he can see the "points".).
Omne Solum Forti Patria
May 13, 2019 1:36 AM

Dec 2012
Subarashii!!!
Tanaka is hot... literally.
Holy crap! Dat reiatsu!
Counterfeiter?
Darius changed into school uniform.
Tanaka is burning.
Miyu body. Dem legs!
Damn you Darius for stabbing Miyu's hands.
Illya is gone.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 18, 2019 9:36 PM
Nov 2008
Watching the whole series again years after first seeing it. I remember now the bit that annoyed me in this season. I hate when a show just wants to rub your nose in it when showing you how eeeeeviiiiil the villain is.

Get it yet? He's an obsessive, unstable psychopath! Do you get it yet? Here, look at his callous disregard for the well-being of others and his total lack of empathy. Do you feel the evil? Here's a scene that out of context makes it look like he's about to molest a girl. Get it? He's evil! Eeeeeviiiiil!

Yes, show, we fricken' get it! Lay off.

Now look how powerful he is! The heroes are totally powerless against him. Isn't he menacing!? But he's not going to just finish them off. He's crazy like that! He could crush them now, but his twisted evilness will have him do it another time. Speaking of twisted, look at the little girl he's corrupted.

God, yes, we get it. Have you ever heard the saying "less is more?"

Luckily the show is good despite this part.
Dec 22, 2019 6:56 AM

Dec 2018
Erica: "Hmm.. but she's a bit of a liar,too. She said, "You shouldn't hurt people for no reason," but she attacked Papa with a sword."
Well technically Illya's not lying, she's commanding, lol.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Oct 16, 2020 12:00 AM

Oct 2007
ok, Darius is an OP boss character.

too bad Gil wasn't there to help..

Erica, of course your dad will be attacked with a sword because he's the bad guy!

damn, don't torture Miyu!

looking forward to how they would rescue Miyu.
Dec 19, 2020 1:12 AM

Feb 2019
That Darius guy is OP and creepy as hell.

Tanaka is uber OP.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jul 14, 2022 10:29 AM
Mar 2019
Gilgamesh always seems to vanish when needed.
Miyu not doing well at all.
Nov 14, 2023 10:41 PM
Jul 2023
Pretty alright
- Darius is op
- Wow, Tanaka just walked through? She's so mysterious
- ???? Did i just see him transform into Shinji???
- Not a fan of the way they portrayed what he was doing to Miyu....
- Aww, i feel kind of bad for Erica now. She pretends to be fine because thats how she had to live without Miyu...
- Illya ran away without the cards??
Feb 22, 10:12 AM

May 2021
Hes a pretty basic villain Can’t really hype him
I’m Imagining what would happen if kotomine was the antagonist 💀
Inhales oxygen
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

255 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 7, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2016

128 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

68 by The_Void_State_ »»
Mar 9, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.