Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 4, 2016 3:08 AM

Feb 2016
Now that the series is over what are your predictions for the score, as of now its 7.42 however it is slowly growing so i do hope it can get at least 7.7-7.8 because it was a great adaptation and a lot better of an adaptation then rewrite was not to mention the ending feels.
What are your thoughts? Do you agree with 7.8+ or do not disagree and think below 7.8?

Aug 4, 2016 3:20 AM

Jun 2015
for this anime, i think 7.5 would probably be its score. nothing over 7.6/7.7, mostly because the ending was left very open for interpretation and nobody really likes that shit
Aug 4, 2016 5:27 AM

Sep 2015
Probably in a few months time the score would be around 7.5-7.6. I don't see it getting any higher to be honest even though I found it to be a very good ONA series, but because it is an ONA series, not many might watch it, unfortunately...
Aug 4, 2016 11:35 AM

Jun 2015
I don't believe it will rise very much, which I think is a shame really. The ending really got them feels going, and I actually was quite satisfied with the kinda open ending. That one really got me by surprise though. It definitely wasn't the best anime ever, but in terms of ONA this was quite good
El. Psy. Congroo.
Aug 4, 2016 11:46 AM

Jun 2015
it was short, and many people have predicted the ending , so i guess because of that, they may consider this doesnt have enough impact to raise their score
Aug 4, 2016 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
MAL scores have always been meaningless.

ixaa said:
the ending was left very open for interpretation and nobody really likes that shit

In no way, shape or form was that an open-ended ending.
Unfortunately, it was 100% clear what transpired next in the anime. That's something I wish they were more faithful about in the adaptation.

Planetarian Anime Ending:
Viewers clearly see that the Junker makes it out the outer wall of the sarcophagus city and comes across other people.

Planetarian VN Ending:
Junker is bleeding heavily and is severely injured. Junker hears other hunter-killer machines coming toward his direction. Junker takes Yumemi's memory card and begins walking slowly in the rain but his mind is only focused on the sky/stars. It is implied that the Junker was killed by the incoming machines, but the readers don't know because it cuts to credits.

The anime's ending was not open.
The VN's ending however, was open.

Another example of an open-ended ending is Sword of the Stranger.
Open-ended endings are when the viewers are not sure of the final outcome.
removed-userAug 4, 2016 1:29 PM
Aug 4, 2016 1:14 PM

Jan 2016
I have some suspicion the rating will go up a bit once Hoshi No Hito, the movie that takes place after the original, comes out in September.
VN adaptations trigger me
Aug 4, 2016 3:29 PM

Apr 2013
7.4-7.5 I think is a better fit for the score. I thought it was alright, I was a little underwhelmed because the visual novel's liked and people were excited about this adaptation, and when I watched it, I wasn't blown away by anything or had any emotional attachment to the characters. That was just me, though, I think others were more pleased with it than I was.

At the very least, I think David Production did a fine job.
Aug 5, 2016 11:48 AM

Apr 2011
I find it surprising how high of a score this anime has. The art is very simple and the characters are aggravating at least. To me, this was very cringe-worthy and I gave it an ultimate score of 3 out of 10. I am definitely not a sentimental person and could not relate to this show in the slightest, and I do suppose I was mislead by the synopsis thinking it would result in something more grim and gritty instead of sugary sweet.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Aug 9, 2016 3:28 PM

Jun 2015
Once more people watched it who haven't readplayed the visual novel, the score will go up, since they don't care about the endings adaption.
Aug 10, 2016 8:21 PM

Apr 2008
Cakedog said:

Planetarian VN Ending:
Junker is bleeding heavily and is severely injured. Junker hears other hunter-killer machines coming toward his direction. Junker takes Yumemi's memory card and begins walking slowly in the rain but his mind is only focused on the sky/stars. It is implied that the Junker was killed by the incoming machines, but the readers don't know because it cuts to credits.

lolwat. I think you went too deep between lines.
It was never it was implied he was killed. Although yes, he listens to the robots and yes, he is injured. It's KEY, it cannot go full on sadness the whole novel, there has to be hope.
Anyway, there is a Drama CD where he appears again, and the adaptation, the anime Hoshi no Hito to see. :v
SlykainAug 11, 2016 11:27 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2016

179 by Grilled_Soup »»
Apr 13, 4:26 PM

Poll: » Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rsc-pl - Jul 27, 2016

92 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 8:58 PM

Poll: » Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

rsc-pl - Jul 20, 2016

100 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 8:32 PM

Poll: » Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rsc-pl - Jul 13, 2016

79 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 8:09 PM

Poll: » Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2016

178 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.