Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Does The Anime ever start to use basketball positions? Do characters other than Kuroko and Kagami get the spotlight?

New
Jul 8, 2016 6:13 PM

Sep 2014
I wasn't very interested in watching sports anime but Haikyuu kept coming up and so I gave it a try and really enjoyed it so I thought I'd try watching other sports anime as I might enjoy them too but so far (episode 7) it seems as though there are really only 2 characters on the team that are important all the rest of the people on
the team seem to be side characters that I know nothing about. Does this ever change?

In Haikyuu the story focuses on the protagonist Hinata and his teammate and rival Kageyama but the rest of the regulars on his team are more than just side characters they're main characters infact even the people that don't play often and sit on the sidelines they stay side characters but at least they have there 15 seconds of fame and through the anime we find that each and every player on the team has an incredibly important role and if they weren't there they might not be as powerful a team. Like the importance of blockers like Tsuki and if he fails to block then theres the important role of libero "guardian Deity" Nishinoya, then there's the current Ace of the team Asahi. Etc.

I googled basketball rules and it appears that Basketball too has positions that people play in like Center, Forward and guard etc so do they eventually mention and specialize in positions Does the show pick up? Do the sidecharacters in the team eventually become main characters that you care about?

or do they just stay as sidecharacters that you never really care about?
Jul 8, 2016 6:28 PM

Aug 2014
They'll get their obligatory spotlight, but ultimately sidelined. The power gap between the Miracles/Kagami and everyone else is huge. I personally think characters in Kuroko are shit, while Haikyuu has an overall likable cast.
Sieg Zeon!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

363 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

245 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kaeji - Sep 8, 2012

116 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fiji - Sep 1, 2012

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 2, 7:18 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Itami - Aug 25, 2012

111 by removed-user »»
Apr 1, 5:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.